[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it safe to travel to Turkey?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

With some friends we are planning a travel for Xmas/New Year's by Eastern Europe, and some of them are thinking abour going to Turkey, because is next to Bulgaria.

So, after all of the terrorist attacks, coup d'etat and shit, is it a safe citiy to visit?

Merci
>>
>>1189485
I meant, Istanbul
>>
>>1189485
I was there before the coup

there are a lot of serious issues there

there is the refugee flux, which caused a massive wave of homelessness in istanbul
they didn't strike me as particularly dangerous, had kebabs with a few
but it's a situation that could change rapidly

there is a serious risk of terrorist attacks targeting tourists, there has been a history of them at a rate that should concern sensible travelers
the kurds, syrians, ISIL, lots of troups have beef with the turks
tourstist attractions have been targeted in the past

then there is muslim extremism, not terrorism but mainstream pollitical groups that take a very hardcore islamist line
there's always the risk that could be directed at non-muslims of foreigners

then there is pollitical turmoil
be aware that foreigners have been blamed for the failed turkish coup
americans and people who look american would be foolish to be in istanbul currently

go somewhere else man, istanbul will still be there in ten years
>>
>>1189489
It's sad how much has changed in just a few years. I went in November 2014 and it was fine. Obviously some of those issues existed at that time, but it all seems to have escalated considerably
>>
>>1189493
well I won't go into the pollitics, but yes; it's taken a decide turn for the worse

greece was awful when I was there around the same time, that was the eurozone crash

plenty of places you can go where things are fine
>>
>>1189493
I am also disappointed. I went March 2015 and I didn't see any big problems, except stray dogs being gross. Now I'm not sure I would go back
>>
>>1189485
I'm wondering about the same thing, cause Istanbul is one of my favorite cities... But I'm a pussy, and I don't want to take too many risks.

I was there in 2014, it was so nice. I mean there were tons of refugees then already, but all of them super friendly and just happy to be safe.
The week I spent there, there were protests every day (following a big accident in a mine), but... I was staying in the center, and didn't see anything. I mean I saw the protests on tv around Taksim, but when we went to Taksim there was nothing there anymore, and I'm talking about a few hours of difference, not days.
The Turkish authorities were really quick cleaning up.

Also there were armed people guarding every public place like museums and malls, metal detectors at every entrance.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.