[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm travelling to the U.S. this Christmas. Are the TSA agents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: TSA.png (4KB, 294x159px) Image search: [Google]
TSA.png
4KB, 294x159px
I'm travelling to the U.S. this Christmas.
Are the TSA agents really as bad as people say?
>>
Been recently to the USA. Most of them are overweight and unarmed. Most were white and very polite. A chubby TSA qt even started chatting me up while there was some hold up at security.

Unfortunately she didn't want to take me in for a random search.

The border/passport control dudes are fucking wack though. Depending on your luck mostly, be prepared to get harassed for 20min of them asking you the dumbest and strangest questions to make sure you're not some jihad bomber and can keep your cool.
>>
I havent had that bad of an experience save for the fact that everytime there is always a fat Shaniqua yelling at me to HAVE YO BAGS OUT.

Trump was talking about reforming them or replacing them with veterans so we will see what happens.
>>
TSA are people with a lot of authority, who wouldn't have it in other work. But their job requires it, being a jerk is enough to catch many problematic people. One of the worst things to say to them is you aren't currently employed.

If you're Norwegian you probably have enough money and a good enough life in your country that you aren't considered much of a risk.

Usually customs agents are friendly to people from their country, and mean to others.
>>
I actually hadn't thought of that... Why are most TSA agents black? Even in desert southwest cities without much of a black population they still make up most of the TSA agents.
>>
>>1189140
Not really. They just hate their job and make it obvious. I have never had a bad experience with them, although when coming back from China with my Chinese roomate they did hassle him a bit. This was mostly because his checked luggage consisted of a cardboard box with chinese written all over it with bags of dried tea hanging out.
>>
I had the misfortune to transit in US airport en route to Mexico.

There were 3 stages, first they checked arrival card, second was body scanning and third for yet another passport check. Not sure what, if any were TSA but except for body scan they all were rude. You would not expect such customer service and attitude elsewhere
>>
>>1189140
Depends on the airport. Never had problems with agents in ATL. Maybe seasonal long lines. SEATAC, horrible TSA.
>>
>>1189151
>dried tea hanging out.

I'ver had issues in customs with dreid but not "officially" packaged tea. After about 5 minutes, they recognize what it is and, if you remain calm and friendly with them, you are soon on your way.
>>
>>1189140
Depends on the airport, but most of the time they just cueck your ID, make you put your shit on a conveyor belt, take off your shoes and walk through a body scanner.

Yes they tend to be fat and stupid but that tyoically doesnt interfere with the above.
>>
Ironically passport control and security checks went much smoother for me in the USA while I still had to go through the full visa application process. The visa application process back then was so dehumanizing in the first place, they didn't hassle me anymore when I got to the US.
Since I only have to get that visa waiver thing, they act like the biggest assholes. Passport control especially. You could work for facebook, google, cnn or trump, they would still act like they never heard about it and as if they were all insulting to them personally. They just act like as if you insulted them. But if you remain calm, it's going to be all fine, and you'll be done with it real quick.

And then some other security... If I give up on my life at one point, I'll call them out. They're all flirty, winking, asking for my number, asking for sex. I have travelled extensively in Eastern Europe, police/people with power there can be disgusting, but nowhere as close as US airport security.
>>
As others have mentioned, depends on the airport. They have been quite okay in Boston. In Chicago, real assholes.
>>
>>1189140
They're nicknamed the Tub Stacking Agency for a reason. Generally they're overweight, but more commonly they're the dregs of society who are literally incapable of getting jobs anywhere else. I feel bad for the ~20% who are normal people just doing their jobs having to act like minders to the retards they work with. Generally though if you just act like a normal person and let them have their little power fantasy while they're telling lines of travelers what to do ad nauseum, you'll be fine.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.