[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This seems like the best board to ask about languages, so I'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: whaTHfck.gif (2MB, 370x335px) Image search: [Google]
whaTHfck.gif
2MB, 370x335px
This seems like the best board to ask about languages, so I'll just shoot.

I'm supposed to learn German to B2 level, in one year, so that I can start going to university in Germany or Austria.

Unfortunately I started the "A1.1" course at this "school" since I thought "cool, I can learn the basics really well and shit", and only later have I found out that not only they split their A level courses into to, but apparently they split their B courses into 5!! (B1.1 B1.2 B1.3... and note that each of those lasts 3 fucking months) I don't even want to know about the C levels...

Now after having lost 3 months (I have only finished a half of an A1 course, hence A1.1), is B2 doable in a 10 months span or so in a normal language school that doesn't try to milk all of my money like the aforementioned one? (I also study a lot at home and have basically taught myself most of the things we did at the course before it even started)

What do you suggest? Is going abroad to Germany for ex. and spending some time in their language schools learning German a good idea?
>>
bumppppppp
>>
>>1077938
It's always better to be in the country your are learning the language of i'd say.
As a German i can also tell that you will be able to get by with English until you learned the language, at least in the major cities.
>>
>>1078018
I have a friend from Finland here who didn't speak a word of german when she arrived. Took her about 10 months i'd say to really speak well, but i don't know if she went to some fancy language school
>>
>>1077938
Micheal Thomas (all levels) + 1960s Assimil (not the new one) will get you to B2 in 6 months
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.