[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eurofag to soon start a new job in the U.S. (California, Bay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: usa-flag.jpg (100KB, 1600x1309px) Image search: [Google]
usa-flag.jpg
100KB, 1600x1309px
Eurofag to soon start a new job in the U.S. (California, Bay Area) here. What to expect? How is Murrica? What does suck and what is awesome? What is disturbing at the beginning?

Ex-Eurofags answer's welcome.
>>
What might shock you the most (and not in a good way) is the sheer amount of poverty, homelessness, and crime. San Francisco is the homeless illegal immigrant crime capitol of the world. That said there is still a lot of fun to be had in SF, plenty of things to do.
>>
Be prepared to casually see some fags walking their boyfriends on leashes wearing leather chaps and ball gags on your way to work.
>>
better get a car.
>>
>>1077292
>Needing a car in the Bay Area
This isn't LA
>>
>>1077230
If you hear footsteps behind you, glance over your shoulder and check.
>>
>>1077293
it depends on where in the bay area op's talking about. and even places you don't /need/ one to handle the essentials (work, groceries, etc), they're sure nice to expand your life.
>>
>>1077293
> This isn't LA
This isn't Europe
>>
File: bay area transit.png (323KB, 1152x500px) Image search: [Google]
bay area transit.png
323KB, 1152x500px
>>1077301
>>1077304
Here ya go OP.

https://www.bart.gov/
https://www.sfmta.com/
http://www.caltrain.com/
>>
>>1077230
Investigate the demographics and crime rates of the neighborhood before you commit to an apartment/home.
Stay away from Oakland.
Yes, even if you're black.
>>
File: 0.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>1077320
i'm familiar with bart, i live near the bay area. and really it has a very small footprint for the area and population it services. nothing in the majority of the peninsula or the south bay, limited coverage in the east bay. 5 lines for 8,000,000 people? great. sf and sj have above average bus/lightrail systems for the u.s., but still nothing compared to europe. sometime go to london and check out the tube (admittedly the premiere public transportation in the world, but still...) the u.s. is built on suburbs and having a car. it's just part of our historical narrative since we aren't confined by medieval city planning (no insult intended, just a statement of fact when talking about european population centers that are 1000+ years old).
>>
File: east_coast.jpg (11KB, 236x233px) Image search: [Google]
east_coast.jpg
11KB, 236x233px
>going to the West Coast like a faggot

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>1077398
and here's the defensive least coast brigade, as usual
>>
>>1077397
>It's part of our historical narrative
The U.S. is more than 70 years old. San Francisco is very small in terms of square miles. Finding a house in the bay area close to transit isn't very hard, and it probably wouldn't hurt to walk or bike a little bit either, ya know.
>>
File: clouds-yosemite2.jpg (190KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
clouds-yosemite2.jpg
190KB, 700x525px
>>1077402
IF op's in sf proper. if he's not...

and considering he's getting a job here he'll probably be here long enough to want to check out more of the region, and a car offers a hell of a lot more flexibility on that front.
>>
>>1077400
not him, but the west coast is getting shittier by the day
>>
>>1077385
Have you been to Oakland? There are a lot of really cool neighborhoods. I agree it overall feels less safe than across the bay, but parts are really not bad. Other parts though... It's like on the wire. Particularly East of high st in the flats. Richmond also has a lot of bad areas, not familiar enough with the area well enough though so I don't know what the nice areas are like, if there are any
>>
>>1077288
There are a lot of homeless and a lot of illegal immigrants (not as many as LA though), but I certainly wouldn't call it the "crime capital of the world"
>>
>>1077648
I'm an American, so I'm probably really biased, but San Francisco isn't extremely bad in terms of safety as far as American cities go. It has a gigantic homeless problem and hosts illegal immigrants, but is pretty gentrified in some areas and has less overt crime than a city like LA, Oakland, or Detroit. It's also more open minded than somewhere in the South, which can be important to people coming from Europe.

If you want to know awesome stuff to do there, what kind of stuff are you into? The Bay Area is pretty fantastic for coffee and SF has a lot of cool unique things to do.
>>
>>1077230
Stay away from Oakland, this coming from a guy living in Stockton.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.