[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of going to Amsterdam to visit the Anne Frank

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: anne frank house.jpg (101KB, 481x480px) Image search: [Google]
anne frank house.jpg
101KB, 481x480px
I'm thinking of going to Amsterdam to visit the Anne Frank House, but I don't speak a lick of Dutch. Am I fucked as soon as I leave the plane? Does the museum have an english tour?
>>
jesus dude do some research next time.

pretty much everyone in the netherlands speaks english youll be fine
>>
>>1075791
Oh, jah, we are Englishing of many speaks, much of a quality. OP should not to have of any trepidations in regarding to such nonsenses.
>>
>>1075795
Sorry, I couldn't tell. Were you trying to say something, or just clearing your throat?
>>
>>1075774
I was in NL 2 years ago, its a pretty English friendly country both the people and signs etc. Anne Frank's house is ofc both in Dutch and English
>>
Dude really. Learn 10 common travelor words or phrases in Dutch. Its just the polite and respectful thing for every travelor to do. You dont have to master the language, just try. You will be surprized how much more service and respect you get wherever you go.
>>
I've been to the Anne Frank house and found it a total waste of time. The Netherlands is a great country though.
>>
Amerifag here who was recently in Amsterdam. The Dutch I met all spoke better English than we do. They enunciate their words and don't use contractions. They're also some of the most genuinely nice and civilized people I've met. You'll be just fine.
>>
>>1075857
I'm considering a year worker visa in the netherlands but my cousin tried get a job there but had a lot of trouble because she didn't know dutch. Is dutch a necessity for work there or do they just prefer to hire dutch instead of foreigners?
>>
Dutchman here, Anne Frank house is kanker boring, skip it for your own sake. Even Madurodam is a better time.
>>
>>1075868
Goes for every country you travel to! Plus you always see that people like it.
Due to Dutch bluntness we will laugh at you when you attempt it and fail miserably (which you will), but we mean well and we very much appreciate it. :)
>>1075871
>>1075892
*blushes*
>>1075936
I disagree. I mean, no, it's not the best thing in the country or even Amsterdam. It's definitely a little overhyped. But it's still special for what it is.
>>
>>1075912
Entirely depends on the line of work and the company. If you have to interact with a lot of locals and you have to be a representative of your company to the public, yes. If you work somewhere focussed on international business, English is mostly fine. It all depends on the job and the company.
>>
>>1075795
People in the Netherlands speak English very well considering it's a country where it isn't the native language. Get out of your cave and visit some other countries, you'll see what I mean. Also, stop hating yourself.
>>
>>1075936
I agree. It baffles me to see huge lines to see this house. There were thousands of places where Jews hid, many of them still stand today. I might be living in one, as far as I know.
Yes, I realize that Anne Frank's story is very famous, but her house being one of many attractions of Amsterdam seems way overblown.
>>
>>1075774
What is it with people and Anne Frank? It blows my mind how all the tourists stand in a three-hour long queue to check out an attic for a couple dozen euro. Maybe I just don't get it because I live in Poland of all places but Sweet Jesus, it's just a townhouse where one of the millions of jews used to hide. Is her diary really that big of a deal abroad?

And as for the language, the Dutch speak excellent English. By far the best of all the countries I've visited.
>>
>>1076072
Btw they could also just buy tickets online, and join the smaller queue. Oh wait, I blew it, now there won't be no secret entrance anymore.
>>
Better go to Rijksmuseum (classical art) and Stedelijk Museum (modern art) instead.
>>
>>1076124
Also the van gogh museum
>>
>>1075774
If you want fantasy stories just go to euro disney
>>
Girlfriend grew up in the netherlands, they're better at proper english than us honestly

They take english classes for a few years in school, literally everyone there knows english unless theyre an immigrant or 90 years old. Even those that arent good at it still know enough to have a conversation
>>
>>1076124
This, if the line to the Anne Frank Huis is too long. (It usually is.)
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.