[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japan General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 31

File: Film7137_17a.jpg (3MB, 3089x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Film7137_17a.jpg
3MB, 3089x2048px
New Japan General:

As always, feel free to ask about:
>Traveling to Japan
>Living in Japan
>Teaching in Japan
>Joining the Yakuza

*Info on prostitution*
>http://rockitreports.com/category/sex-in-tokyo/
>http://erolin.net/

*Note about the JR Rail Pass*
Many people ask about whether or not the JR Rail Pass is worth it. It depends on your itinerary.

>http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
Plug your itinerary into Hyperdia to determine ticket costs, then compare to the below JR Pass options:
>7 day Pass: 29,110¥
>14 day Pass: 46,390¥
>21 day Pass: 59,350¥

Please check the /trv/ sticky before asking questions. It's filled with links to great resources, many of them specific to Japan travel.

Please refer to the old thread while it's still up: >>1071418
>>
I've already been to
-Hiroshima
-Nagasaki
-Itsukushima
-Nara
-Kyoto
-Osaka
-Shirakawa
-Suwa
-Yamadera
-Sendai
-Oarai
-Tokyo
-Kanazawa
-Kamakura

I am going back again this summer for about a month, but not really sure what else can I visit. Any suggestions?
>>
File: DeerNaraParkJapan2.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DeerNaraParkJapan2.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
any suggestions for a 2 year old around tokyo or kyoto?

already have
>ghibli museum
>nara deer park
>>
So I just interviewed for an ESL job, and during the interview the recruiter (who is Japanese) mentioned that Japanese men can be quite the pigs with harassment and all that, and told me to watch myself if I ever went to dinner or drinking with coworkers.

I was pretty surprised, she even said they were worse than Western guys. Anyone have any experience with this? I know about Japan's misogyny and the like, but this was actually surprising to hear.
>>
>>1075756
some other parts of Kyushu maybe? Fukuoka, Beppu, Kagoshima, Aso etc. Okinawa is also pretty nice, one month would be pretty great for island hopping
>>
File: cat.jpg (1018KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
1018KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone here been to Sushi Dai?

I want to go to at least one "Really Good" sushi place while I'm in tokyo.

Sushi Dai seems to hit a good balance between affordable and quality.

Problem is that it seems like you will have to wait two hours minimum.

People seem to say that Sushi Daiwa is similar quality but that Sushi Dai is much higher service, and a bit friendlier.

Opinions? I'm going to be in the country for two weeks so the wait isnt the end of the world.
>>
>>1075834
Honestly you can go to an average sushi restaurant and have a good meal. I don't understand this obsession with agonizing over which place to eat at when both would be memorable.
>>
>>1075756
Shikouku island tokushima city
>>
Anyone have any idea where the store in the last two pictures is?

http://www.figure.fm/en/post/16032/Otaku+Shopping+in+Tokyo+A+Guide+by+ClearTranquil.html
>>
>friend is traveling in japan
>so far his route is basically tokyo->kyoto->hiroshima->fukuoka->kyoto->nagasaki->yokohama->kobe

what the fuck is wrong with people
>>
>>1075756
>suwa, yamadera, sendai, oarai, shirakawa

im sure anything will interest you at this point
>>
>>1075878
the last two pictures are different stores in different places. the captions tell you thus, and also where they are.
>>
Anyone know when exactly golden week is in Japan?
>>
>>1075901
what_is_Google.jpeg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Week_%28Japan%29

>>1075882
Lol wut. Does he have a JR Pass and really love riding the Shinkansen?
>>
>>1075820
I'm sure you know the old a drop of alcohol and one is considered drunk therefore all is forgiven culture. I honestly don't know any female salarymen but I'm not surprised if it's like that. As a student a few guys seriously thought (and told us) that american/european fema!es being drunk ment they were hormy and ready to fuck them.
>>
My cousin's planning a trip to Japan. He really loves One Piece stuff and I've taken him to places to get anime stuff before. Does anyone have any experience with finding anime hobby stuff outside in Osaka? He's been to Den Den Town in Nipponbashi before. But is there any other places in Osaka?
>>
>>1075975
I think Den Den Town is the only area where you can find many Otaku stores at one place in Kansai. Even Tokyo has only two or three.
>>
aside from transportation, plane tickets, hotel

how much did you spend on your trip to japan / what did you budget?

so i suppose how much on food/activities/drinking/debauchery
>>
>>1075979
I've spent about 70k (probably less) on food and activities in the course of 3 weeks. I'm very frugal though.
>>
>>1075762

I always wonder why parents go out of their way and do child specific things on travel? The 1 - 6 year old kid won't remember it, or be able to appreciate the experience...
>>
>>1075975
The usual bookoff and second hand video/ toy stores? The main Osaka train station has one piece themed crap
>>
>>1075975
You can find One Piece stuff even in grocery stores and conbini. You will have no trouble finding him stuff unless you want specific merch.
>>
>>1075982
It's not about the kid "appreciating the experience", but about doing something fun with them so they don't get bored.
>>
>>1075982
>The 1 - 6 year old kid
Nigga if you took me to go pet deer in Japan when I was 6 I would remember it. I remember going to a bee farm when I was a 6, that was pretty cool, and you can't even pet bees.

Also how much shit do you do that you don't remember? Retarded ass argument I always see floating around about taking your young kids to Disney or what not, as if you're trying to buy your kid some memories instead of just showing them a good experience they'll enjoy and something you can do with them too that you ought to be the one remembering, first and foremost.
>>
>>1075981
>I've spent about 70k
In Yen, r-right?
>>
>>1075850

I get that, thing is I'm not picking one over the other. I'm going to be in Japan for over two weeks.
>>
>>1076058
Then go to both. Asking for opinions is irrelevant if you're going to either and can compare them yourself.
>>
>>1076038
Of course
>>
>>1076036
Not that you're entirely wrong, but personally my family traveled abroad every summer when I was young and I only remember bits and pieces if I think back - scenery, random arguments, etc. But I agree with you and >>1076008 that traveling with children isn't just about making memories for later.
>>
>>1075820
Japan is a country where petty harassment and indecency are all too common, but I really don't think most Japanese guys would dare try any shit with a foreign woman, desu. You don't have anything to worry about.
>>
File: pc0jkvmsnkzqxqspbctu.gif (3MB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
pc0jkvmsnkzqxqspbctu.gif
3MB, 636x358px
has any one gone to rabbit or cat island or the fox park? are they a pain in the ass to get to?

there's just something about being surrounding by hordes of fluffy creatures that speaks to my soul...
>>
>>1075979
besides transport/hotel, spent less ~2k... and i dont even know what that went towards because i dont buy stupid shit nor grossly expensive food
it was fun though so no regrets
>>
>>1075736
My sister and I are planning to go to Japan for spring break next year (2017), and I'm just really looking for ideas. Given that we'll only be there a week, and we might not have a chance to go back for many years, what are some area we should absolutely try and see/go?
Our current plans have us flying into Tokyo, but that's as far as we've gotten.
>>
>>1076263
Spend atleast 10 days, otherwise you're really not going to have much time unless you only stay in one city
>>
>>1076267
I've been thinking 3 or 4 days in Tokyo, and then the remainder of the week in Kyoto, unless anyone else has any good ideas. Which is why I'm here.

I'd love to spend 3 weeks there, but I just don't have the time, unfortunately.
>>
>>1075756
Sapporo is pretty based. Just explore Hokkaido a bit desu.
>>
>>1076239
I have plans to go to Rabbit island on the way from Hiroshima to Kyoto. Apparently you just take a ferry that's connected to a regular JR station. All I know about Fox park is it's super north past Fukushima and I'm going t avoid going that far north for a few decades.
>>
Any places or things you should do if you want to get to talk/know the locals?
>>
>>1076267
If you only have a week, stay in Tokyo or youll be wasting time on trains and stuff and thats not fun
No point going to kyoto with such a time crunch when you can see shrines and stuff around tokyo
>>
File: JET_programme_banner_2.png (33KB, 804x477px) Image search: [Google]
JET_programme_banner_2.png
33KB, 804x477px
I'm gonna be interviewed for the JET Program on Tuesday. Any advice?
>>
>>1076357

pull down your pants during the skype interview, spread your cheeks wide and fart into the camera

it's japanese tradition
>>
>>1076330
Japanese are poor at English and are also not chit chatty with strangers, so "getting know locals" is going to be a bit hard, especially if you don't know Japanese. Maybe Yoyogi Park? A happening bar? I'm actually serious about that. Any time I've gone there always seems to be at least a couple friendly swinger oji-sans who know decent English.
>>
>>1076062
Im asking for opinions because, like I said, the 2-3 hour wait for sushi dai is a long ass time.

Thanks though.
>>
>>1076239
I was planning on hitting up the fox village, but sadly had to drop it when I needed to shorten my itinerary.
They currently updated their official website with handy access info in english: http://zao-fox-village.com/en
The Castle-kun bus stops pretty close to the fox village if you ride all the way to the last stop, so asking the driver to stop in front of the village isn't all that necessary.

Alternatively there are plenty of taxis available in front of Shiroishi st and Shiroishizao station (if you take the shinkansen). - They're about 4000 yen per journey though.
Easiest way to get to Shiroishi st. is from Sendai as far as I'm aware. Since Shiroishizao st. is a shinkansen stop, you can get there straight from Tokyo if you want.
>>
File: IMG_5312.jpg (367KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5312.jpg
367KB, 1280x1280px
>>1076330
i mean... when and why are you planning to talk to locals, beyond things like ordering food or getting directions? lol

so i just found out i'm going to hokkaido in may. can't wait.
>>
File: onigashima.jpg (522KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
onigashima.jpg
522KB, 1920x1440px
How interesting are Sendai, Aomori and Sapporo?
I'm eyeing this group tour in August that's focused on them.

I don't know how well they'd measure up against last year's trip to Hiroshima, Osaka and Takamatsu (with the same agency)... I imagine it's going to be a lot quieter and more rural - well, sort of like Takamatsu, I guess. Actually, I quite liked Takamatsu.
>>
>>1075820
Where did you apply? I just received my bachelor's in English and History and I would love to try out ESL for a bit.
>>
>>1076460
try interac
http://www.interacnetwork.com/recruit/2014-recruiting.html
>>
>>1075982
he might not remember it, but he'll definitely appreciate it while he's there, and my wife and i will remember it.
>>
Would the Keisei Access Express Line towards Narita be crowded during rush hours from Oshiage Station? My hostel is in Asakusa and I need to catch my flight at 11:55am, but I'd prefer to have more time to look around the airport.
>>
how tight would hotel security be if I tried to sneak 3 people into a two person room
>>
>>1076522
Like at a standard normal hotel? You could probably get away with it. Have two people check in and then just have the other person come up to the room later after you give them the room number. Only 2/3 are going to have room keys but it would most likely work.
>>
is 21 days the longest pass you can get? A friend and I are planning a month (maybe more) in October-November.
I went for 2 weeks last December and traveled around a lot.

>>1076522
Depends on the hotel. I was in a group of 3 when I went. Most let us, some didn't.
>>
Any notable places on west coast Japan to squeeze into a month long trip in October?

I was looking at areas around Akita, Niigata, Hosu or Matsue. Probably would just squeeze one of those places in.
Anyone have experience with these places or nearby places?
>>
File: 1366325306819.png (313KB, 512x459px) Image search: [Google]
1366325306819.png
313KB, 512x459px
I think i may be doing an exchange program at Shittenoji which is around Fujiidera. I'm reluctant though because i want to be able to see someone frequently who lives in the Hirakata area which google says is around an hour out by car. They're both in Osaka, would I be looking for a railpass of some kind if I'd want to visit with frequently?

I'm totally new to this I'd appreciate any advice
>>
>>1076445
Getting to know their culture more and getting to make friends is just really interesting to me. The problem is breaking the ice with them when most of them are shy.
>>
>>1076524
yes that's the longest one, but you can get multiple ones (e.g. three weeks and then another one for one week). Also look into regional passes if you're just going to be in one region at a time, might come out cheaper
>>1076538
Google map tells me it takes around 1+ hours by train to get there. One way is roughly 800 Yen (around 6$) which isn't too bad imo. You're probably not gonna find a commuter pass to cover that though, since the route is serviced by different train companies
>>1076568
it's not necessarily that they are shy in general, but shy about their shitty to non existent English. So you know, if you want to chat up Japanese people, learning Japanese would be pretty vital. Otherwise check out stuff like meetups.com or couchsurfing or even Tinder to find locals who speak English
>>
>>1075979
I spent about €400-500 in 2.5 weeks on food, drinks, subway, activities, etc. and then another €400 on anime figures and merch. Also needed a 7-day railpass, which cost about €220.
>>
>>1076268
If you're only going there for 7 days, and assuming that includes having to check in on the first day and leaving early on the last day, you might aswell just stay in Tokyo. You really won't run out of things to do, so the only reason to go to a different city is if you absolutely feel like you must visit at least two areas of Japan that are slightly different. Just know that you'll have to bother with checking in + figuring things out on the first day and that you'll leave your hotel early on the last day, so you're already losing time. Then if you spend the second half in Kyoto, you'll also have to get on the shinkansen again on the last day to travel back to Tokyo and go to the airport, which also costs time.
>>
File: akali-blood-moon.jpg (401KB, 1215x717px) Image search: [Google]
akali-blood-moon.jpg
401KB, 1215x717px
Hello /trv/, i'm going to japan (alone) from june 18th to july 1st. Not really into anime and manga stuff, i just want to experience the traditional japanese culture.
My trip would be tokyo->kyoto->osaka->hiroshima, can anyone recommend some good hostels in those cities to meet other travelers/backpackers?
>>
>>1076330
Your options are speaking conversational Japanese and/or try going to bars/clubs. A colleague of a friend of mine visited Japan a few times already and talked about how he always has people coming up to him in bars and drink with him, asking him questions and basically having a good time. I'm pretty sure he doesn't speak Japanese.

You can also hope for somebody to come up to you, I guess, which is pretty rare, especially in a city. Only time it happened to me was when me and two friends were in Kyoto and decided to have a short break at night and sat on a bench near a children's playground with a swing and a slide. An elderly woman on a bicycle passed us and decided to stop to greet us and then started talking to us for a good 45 mins, asking us about our vacation and interests and everything. One of my friends speaks conversational Japanese, which kinda made it possible, because me and the other guy hadn't been weebs for as long and didn't understand as much.

Also, I almost forgot, try taking at taxi. We did this twice and both times the drivers were interested in us, asking about our plans and stuff. Especially the second time in Kyoto. It was a really friendly elderly man who had his whole car full of brochures, pictures and postcards, which he handed out while driving us to a station. Meanwhile he was telling us stories about each place/temple on the brochure. Surprisingly friendly person.
>>
I want to go to a Japanese Language School in Japan, anyone got any tips/advice for some cheap ones?
>>
>>1076538
The rail pass that gets dicussed in these threads is a pass for tourists and costs quite a lot of money, but lets you travel for free (for 7, 14 or 21 days) through the entire country or certain regions (depending on your pass), which includes free expensive shinkansen rides. It's something that's exclusively for foreign tourists who travel to Japan for <90 days, it's not for Japanese citizens.
>>
>>1076594
Khaosan has branches in Tokyo and Kyoto, I personally enjoyed both stays with them. Nice atmosphere and in pretty good locations (Asakusa in Tokyo, across the river of Gion in Kyoto)
>>
>>1076599
The volunteer classes that range from free to 5 dollars a a class were better than my college classes, but I don't think would be good for an absolute beginner.

Theres also intensive classes that will get you from nothing to N2, or some study to N1 in a year, but those tend to be about 200,000-500,000 yen
>>
>>1076619
Depends on the exchange. When I studied abroad it was technically an 86 day summer session so I had the option between a tourist visa but no ability to work part time or a 1 year student visa that allowed me to work but wouldn't let me get the rail pass
>>
>>1076643
I guess that's true then. I assumed most exchanges are semesters which are generally longer than that. Still, you'd need a new rail pass every 3 weeks. It'll be cheaper if it's just for one region, but unless his route can be traveled by shinkansen, it most likely won't save him any money. Though, I'm not sure how cheap regional rail passes are, so maybe it will.
>>
>>1076649
You're confusing the JR pass with a teiki. A JR pass is a massive waste of money if you don't use it atleast twice per week for a shinkansen ride.
>>
>>1076452
Sounds like you answered your own question.
>>
Is December a bad time of the year to visit Japan?How's the weather?
>>
>>1076738
cold
>>
>>1076741
Well yes but does it have horrible snowstorms that will fuck up my travel plans?
>>
File: Capture.png (51KB, 1013x629px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
51KB, 1013x629px
>>1076643
>>1076649
pic related is what googles giving me for public transport between Fujiidera Station and Hirakatashi Station

I'm doing a month and a half summer exchange, so I'm going to be there for a bit but not for the longest time. Is it better if I just pay as I go for each train or should I want to look into the pass? I'd be using them quite frequently either way so what's the most cost-effective?

Or would it be even possible to get a rental car and temporary license or is that a pain in the ass in Japan? If it is, is it worth it over going through public transportation?
>>
What's the best site for renting houses? I'm new to this international travel thing. Is tripping.com good?
>>
How's the cost for food? How much should i expect to spend on food in a 14-day trip?
>>
Any info on Fukushima? Can u visit it like Chernobyl?
>>
>>1076391
OK, I keked. I'm not even mad. That's fucking hilarious anon.
>>
Oh, and I forgot!
Yeah, Im visiting Tokyo for 1 Month to do some filming on the Yakuza festival. Planning to go cheap and stay the whole month on one of those Internet Cafes that offer you a cubicle. And then 'buy' shower passes. So I can save the Hotel money to buy instead all the Kodak 500T rolls I can. And buy myself a few blowjobs if finally japanese girls really end up being so not keen to speak with gaijins as some people here claim.

Would an Internet Cafe be the cheapest option for a whole month, does anyone have experience or know if they even offer some kind of "long stay" bonuses for hikkimoris / salarymen who watch rape porn?

10€/15$ a night, AT LEAST i can count with, right?

Thanks <3
>>
>>1076778
A typical simple meal runs you like 500-1000 yen. Restaurants are required to serve you free water or tea with your meal.
Some conbini food options or supermarket bentos are even cheaper.
Alcohol and drinking in bars is fucking expensive. Just grab a can of beer from a supermarket or something.

I think you can get by on like 15-20k a week.
>>
>>1076741
>cold

Pfff, says the pussy from Southern California or something. Sapporo and northern Honshu excluded, Japan has very mild winters. If you are from somewhere that's actually cold, Japan's winter's are amazing. To the anon who asked In Tokyo the weather in winter generally hovers around 4-10C/39-50F

>>1076783
>Alcohol and drinking in bars is fucking expensive.

It really depends. Many options are reasonable. I'd put the cost of a Japanese beer on tap at like 500yen. Drinking at Izakayas really isn't so bad. Clubbing is expensive though.
>>
File: naked beer.jpg (940KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
naked beer.jpg
940KB, 1920x1440px
>>1076786
I meant that in relation - a beer from the tap costs as much as a meal. But at least they do have decent beer.
For Izakayas, the snacks you order/have to order/seat charge can add up quickly if you pick a shitty one.
>>
>>1076786
*Correction: I meant Hokkaido, not just Sapporo
>>
Deleting my old thread and posting here >>

/trv/

Going to Tokyo for the first time, in November '16. And I'm going alone.

Do you think I'll have fun? I'm trying to get a few friends to go with me, but half of them are too poor or too immature to handle international travel.

Have you ever traveled/vacationed alone? Did you enjoy it?
>>
>>1076857
>Have you ever traveled/vacationed alone? Did you enjoy it?

Yes, best thing I ever did. But it also depends a bit on how much you're willing/able to step out of your comfort zone.
>>
I'm staying in Japan for two week, one of which I plan to stay in Tokyo. Where's a good district to stay to access everything. Ive been looking at budget hotels in otsuka, is this a decent place stay the week?
>>
>>1076879
Anywhere along the Yamanote line should be fine, so yes.
>>
I went to Japan last December. I spent 5 nights in Tokyo, 2 nights in Kyoto and 1 night in Hiroshima, as well as some day strips to Nara and Osaka. I am going back in about 2 years and i just want to start early planning my next trip. What else should i do/where else should i go?
>>
>>1076890
Planning your next 2018 10-day trip to Japan in early 2016 might be overdoing it
>>
>>1076786
>Pfff, says the pussy from Southern California or something

I live in Central Europe but I really hate cold weather (anything below 10°C is cold for me).

Love the Japanese summer though, to bad we only get a few 30-35°C days where I live
>>1076857
was in Japan two times alone, both times I had a shitton of fun and met new people almost every day. Check out meetups, couchsufing and just generally speak to people in your hostel
>>
>>1076857
I'm going alone in mid-Oct because I have no friends. I often take road trips alone. It's better because you can do whatever you want and meet new people.
>>
Going to rent a portable wi-fi device from http://www.globaladvancedcomm.com for my trip 24 April - 4 May. Should I rent it now or wait until a week before traveling? Has anyone of you used it?
>>
>>1076938
>>1076934
I hate big groups but I rarely if ever have much fun when I'm totally alone. Its probably some kind of weird issue with me, but when I'm alone I hardly ever meet anyone new, but when I'm with just a single friend, even someone that isn't particularly sociable, people seem to be way friendlier to me and I meet more people. Its extra strange because usually when I go to the club or bar completely alone I always strike out, but when I go with a friend we usually separate multiple times and I meet most of the people when we are separated.

Sure with one friend you can't do exactly what you want when you want, but often times they'll have you doing something you didn't even think to do. I recommend going with atleast one person but no more than 2 other people
>>
File: nYGyXWH.png (95KB, 261x312px) Image search: [Google]
nYGyXWH.png
95KB, 261x312px
>>1076742
> what is google
no they dont have terrible snowstorms
people shit their pants last week when it snowed like 2cm

> tfw i almost typed snowkyo
>>
>>1075850
agreed... like i havent had bad sushi in japan...
>>
>>1076947
I've never had bad food in Japan.

Well, ok, there was that one kind of unpleasant-tasting bun sprayed with some fish-sperm-pastey stuff I picked out in a conbini...
>>
>>1076857
No not yet but I plan too.
I'm also will be going to Tokyo Nov this year but with friends though, hope it'll be fun.
>>
>>1077049
>I've never had bad food in Japan

100% this. I keep looking up all these fancy beef places to check out on my next trip but then remember even if it's a cheap meal it will be amazing and decide to save some money for now. I plan to go back several times in my life so many whne student loans are gone I can enjoy some nice matsusaka beef and stay at a ryokan with a private onsen.

Speaking of cheap good food has anyone been to the conveyor belt sushi place that's 100 yen a plate?
>>
>>1076940
I use it all the time when I travel Japan. You can rent it any time you want and the price doesn't change.
Theyre very quick to respond and are happy to replace you another wifi if you reach its 10gb limit.

>>1076857
Japan gets hella lonely if you go in the winter. Its more tolerable if youre with at least one person.
>>
>>1077115
How long does one last you? I plan on going for two weeks and will only be using my phone for maps and shit like that.
>>
>>1077113
Wagyu is much better than American steak but Kobe beef is WAY better than the average Wagyu
>>
>>1077113
There are a lot of different 100 yen sushi restaurants in Japan. When I lived in Kyoto, I regularly went to Kura Sushi and Musashi Sushi. Both were excellent.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh5LY4Mz15o

I didn't realize that Kyoto was just Tokyo spelled differently. Mind blown.
>>
>>1077156

Huh, I did not know Dutch was the first western civilization to really interact with Japan.
>>
>>1077182
>Be their only link to the civilized world for centuries, single handily preventing them from turning into shit eating medieval barbarians
>Get shit on and raped by them in WWII anyway
And you fags want to live the anime dream life there.
>>
>>1077182
>I did not know Dutch was the first western civilization to really interact with Japan.

The Dutch weren't the first. The Portuguese were.
>>
>>1077115
Alright, I think I'm going to rent it closer to the date I'm going as it's still 3 months left.

>>1077119
Not that Anon, but on their website it says that for a normal person 10GB is enough. And there are different plans, that seem very reasonable.

"The data speed will be limited once the Pocket Wifi device reaches the usage of 10GB/month. Seeing the usage of our past customers, we can assume that it will not effect most of you. Although, heavy data transmission such as Video streaming and heavy files transfer, those might trigger the limit."
http://www.globaladvancedcomm.com/pocketwifi.html
>>
>>1077156
Its not, its just a poor romanization of the word.
東京ーとうきょう
京都ーきょうと
>>
>>1077156

how about "sun rise laaand"?
>>
ESL thread is approaching death so I'll post here:

I'm really interested in teaching English for a year in Japan; no TEFL, but I've got a high-graded Linguistics degree from a good university and experience working abroad so I'm confident about at least getting an interview, which I'll worry about when the time comes.

JET doesn't re-open until October but in the mean time I've decided to apply through ECC, who seem like the best bet of the private schools. ECC give you the option of selecting regions for preference; I'll be choosing Kanto and Kinki in the hope of being near (or, in) Tokyo, Osaka or Kyoto.

Does anyone have experience living in either of those three? Is it possible to save a good amount of money aside living there? Is Tokyo significantly more expensive and vibrant than the others?

Thanks!
>>
>>1077274
All I know from hearing other people's experiences:

If the salary seems a little low but they promise more money for doing overtime don't do with them. the amount you'll have to work to get what you need will be ludicrous.

If you want to be near Tokyo go with the suburbs they'll be much cheaper. However you should try to go with an organization that provides housing as it will probably be close to school and furnished. Many apartments come with jack shit besides a sink, toilet, bath and lights.

Don't worry about saving too much money unless you're trying to stay there for a long time. The yen is so weak right now that when you exchange it back to your home currency you will lose a large percent. If you plan to be there for 3+ years then maybe you will need it for a better place or getting a car. But in the end part of why you're there is to experience Japan and that will cost money to take side trips.
>>
>>1077274
>no TEFL, but I've got a high-graded Linguistics degree from a good university and experience working abroad.

You don't need a TEFL, generally it doesn't matter what university you went to, unless it's like Ivy League, which will always just carry the general eye popping advantage it always does.

>JET doesn't re-open until October but in the mean time I've decided to apply through ECC

ECC is a very good option perhaps better than JET if location really matters to you. But naturally they are picky about who they hire. ECC basically WILL put you where you want to be, as long as you don't mind waiting if necessary. JET will look at your preferences but make no guarantees and most jobs are rural placements. Salary wise it's 250,000 a month compared to 300,000 for JET. But the difference isn't terrible when you consider that with ECC you work 6 hours a day. 6. Compared to other eikaiwa schools, ECC spoils their gaijin teachers remarkably.

>Does anyone have experience living in either of those three? Is it possible to save a good amount of money aside living there? Is Tokyo significantly more expensive and vibrant than the others?

I live in Tokyo.With JET, provided you don't live in the special wards saving money is definitely possible on 300,000 a month. Rent between the special wards and the Western burbs, which are generally comfy and close to the city can be striking.Average rent for a single person in the special wards is between 80,000 and 100,000 minimum I'd say. Western burbs (like Koganei, Mitaka, Kokubunji..) you can find places for 50,000. I'd say the average ESL salary in Japan is 250,000. On this, you will find it difficult to save any kind of significant amount of money but you will be able to live pretty comfortably.

Lots of people here are Osakaboos for some reason, but I prefer Tokyo. There's pretty much nothing you can do in Osaka that you can't do in Tokyo.
>>
hey I might possibly be going to japan to study abroad for fall quarter 2016 at my college. im pretty overall excited, but i have some questions. how easily are drugs accessible in japan? is it dangerous to buy/sell drugs in japan? im american and i know like very ultra basic japanese (conjugations, other basic grammar), is it difficult to talk to japanese women and hook up? what is the best way to not be made fun of for being foreign in japan? is that even a problem?

so many questions i know, but i must ask
>>
>>1077311
>>1077281
Thanks for your advice. Tokyo definitely entices me more than anywhere else so I'll try and put in a request for the suburbs so I have a good balance of affordability and life.
>>
>>1077339
Weed would get you instantly deported and possibly jail time
>>
Anybody here in Japan with the US military? Or even better, anyone a DOD civilian in Japan?

I'm trying to figure out if I can get a license when I get over there, but it looks like I might fall through the cracks if 1. I can't get a gaijin card 2. Non-SOFA personnel.

I'd also be interested in getting an apartment, but I'd probably run into the same problem. Is renting (temporarily) without a lease a thing in Japan?
>>
>>1077342
is drug enforcement heavily regulated? what about alcohol? my japanese teacher said that usually clerks sell alcohol to anyone
>>
>>1077348
If you're in college you're over 18 right? Then it doesn't matter.. And yeah drug enforcement is pretty heavily regulated from what I hear
>>
Dunno if this gets posted a lot but I rarely come here.

How would an average sociable male in his early 20's do alone in Tokyo for a week. Easy to meet other foreigners/pick up girls with no wingman?
>>
>>1077350
If you can do it at home you likely can do it in Japan. A little bit of confidence is key
>>
>>1077354
I'm honestly more worried about finding a buddy to hang with desu
>>
File: cx.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cx.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
Does anyone have any suggestions for arcades/video game stores in Tokyo or Kyoto?
>>
>>1077375
There's nothing in Kyoto and literally every corner of Tokyo has an arcade and a lot of them will be very similar.
>>
how to talk to japanese women?
>>
>>1077380
also how to join yakuza?
do i need cool suit?
for both??
>>
>>1077358
>I'm honestly more worried about finding a buddy to hang with desu

This isn't the first day of kindergarten.. you do know how to make friends right?
>>
File: download.jpg (14KB, 208x243px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 208x243px
>>1077380
>>1077381
>>
What is something that I could bring for a host family in Japan from the US that they might enjoy?
>>
>>1077377
>literally every corner of Tokyo has an arcade
Lol wat. To the person who asked, just go to Akihabara, otherwise Shinjuku or Ikebukuro for arcades.

>>1077341
Generally I think they'll just put you in the burbs. Most English teachers don't live in the 23 special wards.

>>1077339
Jesus Christ, dude.

First, don't do drugs. It's stupid and immature. And penalties are harsh and uniform in Japan. Drugs aren't easily accessible. Of course it's risky/dangerous. Where is it not? If you can't go to Japan without sating your thirst for drugs, then you should stay home and work on your drug problem instead.

>is it difficult to talk to japanese women and hook up?

Just hit em with some "Anata wa kirei desu" and I'm sure they'll be dripping. In all honesty, in the age of dating sites and apps it is quite easy to meet Japanese girls if you are a normie.

>what is the best way to not be made fun of for being foreign in japan?

Don't be Davido-kun or Ken-sama.

Why am I even giving you the time of day? You come across as so clueless and immature.
>>
>>1077349
Actually the drinking age in Japan is 20, not 18.

Convenience store clerks will basically never card you. Clubs tend to be more diligent about it, especially ones where foreigners go.
>>
>>1077391
When you get carded, will your ID suffice? I went to a bar in Canada that refused to serve me without my Passport.
>>
>>1077392
They have to be able to read it.
>>
>>1077349
Every single illegal drug is treated the same (there are no classes of drugs, its illegal or it isn't), and possession of any amount WILL result in jail time, deportation, and a life time ban from Japan.
>>
>>1077392
You're supposed to carry your passport with you at all times
>>
>>1077389
Ten-Gallon hats and cowboy boots
Holsters and water guns for the chirrun
>>
is joining the yakuza a meme or is there something I'm not in on
>>
>>1077536

I've personally always been interested in figuring out to get into JAV as a foreign woman (as the Yakuza control that market).

Countless internet threads about guys trying to pick up Japanese women, but never the reverse. Make all the asian men jokes you want, but it would be nice having a resource for women also looking to hook up while abroad. Pretty sure it takes a bit more than just being a woman.
>>
>>1077670
Go to an upscale bar, if you are not Quasimodo you will have men buying you drinks in not time
>>
>>1077670
I think a guy sometimes comes to this threads who claims that he can hook you up with somebody in the industry

might be BS but who knows.

the thing you have to remember is that the majority of Japanese want to watch Japanese porn
>>
>>1077670
>(as the Yakuza control that market)

"Have some money and influence in" and "control" are not the same thing. "Yakuza controls porn" is kind of a overblown meme.

>>1077699
I'm that dude.

To the girl if you're still around. Are you living in Japan?
>>
>>1077670
It really, truly doesn't.
>>
>>1077670
Fuck off.
>>
>>1077670
Because most women, especially white women have a shit time in Japan. Japanese guys for the most part want Japanese women and the ones that do want foreign girls are afraid to talk. Foreign guys literally never go for foreign girls because why go all the way to Japan to fuck a foreign chick? Other foreign girls tend to actually do better because they aren't afraid to actually make an attempt to actually flirt with guys. All my black female friends usually had Japanese boyfriends.
>>
>>1077746

That makes sense, I think in America (can't speak for anywhere else I don't live) guys are generally the more proactive ones when initiating a relationship, so it's probably a pain for women who are used to being chased or picked up and don't really have to work for it. I don't like playing games, so maybe I'll just have to work up my courage to talk to someone, I guess it's easier that way.

>>1077701

I'll be in Japan sometime in the fall and will be staying for a few months.
>>
How much spending money should I take for ~2 weeks?

I'm thinking about 100k yen.
>>
>>1076058
Any 7-11 in japan have better sushi than any restaurant in my country, price regardless. The best sushi I ever ate was from a hole in the wall beside shin-okubo station. If you somehow manage find bad sushi in japan, call the fucking police.
>>
>>1077806
Okinawa is known to not have great sushi for some reason. That's why Hattori Hanzo was hiding by running a sushi joint in Okinawa in Kill Bill.
>>
>>1077806
LOL, you weebs never give up, do you? There's plenty of bad sushi in Japan. For example, the 100-yen places that cater to families. They're notorious for low quality fish sliced as thinly as the owners think they can get away with.
>>
>>1077786
At least 140k. Been there 3 times and I usually spend a lot more than that but I guess without blowjobs and hookers that's the very least I could get away with.
>>
>>1077811
Heil Hitler, motherfucker. It's still better than the shit I get at home.
>>
>>1077746
True-as-fuck post, although I would say *most white women have a shit time in Japan* is exaggerated. You can't say most, but what you say about Japanese guys in relation to them is very true. Doesn't mean they can't enjoy Japan in other ways, but generally speaking white girls here are getting far less play than they're used to.

I used to know a fat black female English teacher from Atlanta who went HAM on Japanese boys, haha.

>>1077783
Is there anyway I can contact you? Like do you have some anonymous email address you don't mind posting here?
>>
>>1077810
Stop making japan itineraries from american movies, please.
>>
Going 3 weeks in april/may, need good clubs. Preferably not hip hop or house if possible.
>>
>>1077811
This guy is cool
>>
>19 years old
>alone
>staying in Aki, next to the station
>around 2 weeks
How much money would I need for this?
>>
Has anyone worked at Aeon? Recent B.Ed graduate here and I want to get some teaching overseas experience and don't want to go through the hassle of getting my visa, housing, etc.. for the first time.

In addition, I'm not going to be traveling, but instead just saving a fuckton of money, what's a good city/town/prefecture to be a miser and learn japanese all-day, I don't really want to travel.
>>
>>1077869
ESLfag currently in Japan who used to work for AEON here. The money is decent for ESL teaching in Japan (272,000/month starting) but you will work a 10 hour day. basically from 11:30 to 9:30, Tuesday through Friday, and 9:30-7:30 on Saturday. It's possible to save money working for AEON with discipline, but if you're anything like me, a lot of that money is going toward eating lunch at restaurant during your work day and eating conbini food at night because you're too exhausted to do any cooking or anything by the time you get home at like 10.

AEON ranges from decent/tolerable to I guess hideously unbearable depending on your manager and location (my experience was mostly positive), but in your case, try for something else. The hours make it very counterproductive for studying Japanese. And the fact that it is a business means that they don't have a lot of rural positions.

In your case I would absolutely try JET. For what you want, you can't do better. 300,000/month salary, largely rural positions, generally easy do fuck-all job with lots of down time (think school breaks like winter vacation).

Second option would be ECC. Worst salary of AEON and JET, but you work a 6 hour day, so again, more down time.
>>
>>1077872
Not than anon, but is it wise to go through Dave's ESL cafe to find jobs in Japan? I'm a Junior working towards my B. Ed like that anon and I want to try it out for a bit.
>>
>>1077872

Thanks for the info anon, I'll probably be looking into JET next year when I get my shit together. Have you heard of it being less competitive because of the Olympics coming up?
>>
Is it possible to become a gaijin JAV as a white male with a huge (legit) dong?
>>
>>1077878
They don't want gaijin dick in JAVs because tehy want to self insert themselves in the fantasy. Unless it's gay porn then yeah there's probably demand for that.
>>
>>1077863
see
>>1077813

But I'm unsure if his includes transportation while there and accommodation
>>
File: 57209838.png (713KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
57209838.png
713KB, 800x600px
さっぽろ雪祭り(SAPPORO SNOW FESTIVAL) NOW!!
Come to Sapporo!!
Waiting for you! ^o^
http://www.snowfes.com/english/index.html
>>
>>1077873
I think so, yeah. Generally speaking the big language school companies just post ads to apply there and some other places. Japan isn't really like how it is in Korea. Some of the jobs pay shit, but there really isn't as much shadiness and business malpractice going on as with the Korean hagwons.

>>1077875
>Have you heard of it being less competitive because of the Olympics coming up?

Nope, and maybe I'm dense but why would the Olympics make it less competitive?
>>
>>1077878
Shortest answer is if you speak decent Japanese it's maybe possible but not at all likely, if you don't speak Japanese or speak it poorly, basically no chance at all.
>>
How is no one talking about one of the most famous gaijin blogs of all time coming back online. I don't know about you guys but Gaijin Smash was one of the biggest reasons I wanted to come to Japan.
>>
>>1077891

Dude no one cares about your blog, go viral market somewhere else.
>>
>Joining the Yakuza
Okay how do I join the Yakuza
>>
>>1077895
m8...
>>
>>1076876
Could you please elaborate on this? What are some strategies, things you did, etc. which helped?
I love the idea but I don't want to end up feeling alone all the time.
>>
>>1077895
Do you graduate high school this year?
>>
>>1077887

Olympics means a need for more English education and English speakers as well as additional interest within Japan in English as well.

Seems weird but every nation who hosts the Olympics wants it to go smoothly and having more English speakers does help.
Dont quote me on this but back in Nagano in 1998 when the winter olympics were held, there was a surge in eikawa enrolment and more ALT's and English teachers in general were hired.
>>
>>1078016
1 in 5 of my new students in Tokyo would say that they wanted to volunteer for the 2020 olympics
>>
>>1077339
>>1077348
I bet you're American and loud as fuck between 23:00 and 0:00 ever night. My accomodation is full of people like you. I hate you already.
>>
>>1078016
Wouldn't the surge in demand make it more competitive? Or are you disagreeing with the premise of the question?
>>
>>1078125
You mean Australians right?
>>
>>1078125
>>1078129
I'm pretty sure he's a Brit.
>>
>>1078153
Like that's supposed to help. Those are the second biggest source of my pain.

Americans -> Brits -> Hong Kong people

Bane of my sleep.
>>
>>1078125
>>1078153
Also wait, he says
>im american
in his post.

I guess I should have read it before I posted. But hey, at least I was right.
>>
My mate reckons in Tokyo jap prostitutes will not sleep with white men, like they are rxclusively for jap men. Truth? I thinking about going for 2 weeks. Site seing, clubbing, general tourist sites. Decent looking 6ft white guy from australia.
>>
I usually get stopped outside of shinjuku station and offered a prostitute for 20,000 anything goes. I'm white/mexican. You just gotta walk down that street with the girl clubs.
>>
>>>>1078198
But are they jap girls on offer? He said theres an area with heaps of black guys lol like out front of these seedy clubs? Would have thought japan last place for blacks to appear.
>>
>>1078203
Takeshita dori is where I noticed a lot of the African guys, but if you walk around the streets south of the Toho cinima at shinjuku, there are a bunch of Japanese guys that stand outside of the clubs and invite you in. The ones that approach you speaking English are probably your best bet.
>>
>>1078205
Any tips where to go for general night clubs for local girls?
>>
>>1078197
>My mate reckons in Tokyo jap prostitutes will not sleep with white men, like they are rxclusively for jap men.

Not entirely true. While I do not see prostitutes myself I do know that while most of Japan's "water trade" is closed off to foreigners, not all of it is. Lack of Japanese ability is the biggest barrier, not being white. Generally, if you can communicate in Japanese and thus understand the rules involved, establishments will not have a problem servicing you, it's really all going to come down to the girl. Even in cases where you speak Japanese, some girls simply will not see foreigners.

>>1078205
>there are a bunch of Japanese guys that stand outside of the clubs and invite you in. The ones that approach you speaking English are probably your best bet.
>your best bet

I would be wary of any tout approaching you directly. Just stay away. Better safe than sorry.
>>
>>1078219
Yeh, some of his mates got called into a bar like that and they decided to try it they went down stairs, there were girls there asking them to buy drinks which ended up being like $50aud for a glass champagne for the girls. They owners locked the doors lol they thought they were trapped. They paid but fuck... I hate stories like that, makes you not want to try things because of shit scammers.
>>
>>1078223
It's really just travel safety 101. Anyone approaching you is some degree of bad news. "taxi drivers" approaching you at a terminal, and the like.
>>
>>1077113
Went to a cheap conveyor belt sushi at the airport and really gorged myself. It was pretty good, as good as the sushi at home only 10x cheaper
>>
File: 7cbfd75e477c59a883284a181e2047eb.gif (401KB, 1698x938px) Image search: [Google]
7cbfd75e477c59a883284a181e2047eb.gif
401KB, 1698x938px
Have a trip to Tokyo for a week at the end of the month.

Day 1 Arrival
Day 2 Ueno Park / Tokyo National Museum / Skytree/ Senso-Ji
Day 3 Akihabara - Weeb shit
Day 4 Tokyo Tower / Panasonic Center - Nintendo showroom is here as well.
Day 5 Meiji Jingu, Kiddy Land, Disney Store, Bunny Cafe
Day 6 Sunshine City, Animate Ikebukuro
Pokemon Center Mega, Cat Cafe
Day 7 gtfo

Tried to keep things grouped together by location. I have no idea how long most of these things will keep us occupied. How shit is this?

Will be staying at The Tokyo Station Hotel.
>>
Is there a better way to exchange dollars for yen than at the airport upon arrival?
>>
>>1078237
Thats an incredibly old map
>>
>>1078238

Banks usually do it
>>
Any hotel recommendations for Tokyo and Osaka?
Budget is not too tight but still reasonable
>>
File: fuckdapolice.jpg (84KB, 510x378px) Image search: [Google]
fuckdapolice.jpg
84KB, 510x378px
>>1075736
Going for 2 weeks next month with some friends. Any tips on getting a local guide? Getting lost is not something I want to do.
>>
>>1078356
If youre not an idiot, you will not get lost in any major city.
>>
>>1078127
Not him but a surge in demand would mean more people could get the jobs.
>>
>>1078127
They won't pay English teachers more, they will simply hire more English teaches. Speaking English is not a skill where you can offer a real competitive advantage in the top 10%
>>
>>1078493
Ah, I see. I suppose doing ESL in Japan is almost like unskilled labor in terms of economics?
>>
Can I get from Tokyo to Hiroshima on the JR pass? Is it worth getting the pass for the week I'm staying in Tokyo?
>>
>>1078501
Pretty much, yes. There seems to be an inexhaustible supply of weebs, yellow fever virgins, gap year types, Real Travelers, etc., who together keep salaries and benefits down.

>>1078563
>Can I get from Tokyo to Hiroshima on the JR pass?
Yes.
>Is it worth getting the pass for the week I'm staying in Tokyo?
If you're only staying in Tokyo, probably no. The pass is only worth it if you do a lot of train travel between cities, particularly via shinkansen.
>>
>>1078237
I would put day 2 and 3 together, since a whole day for Akihbara is too much and one day for the Ueno and Asakusa area might be too little. Day 4 is also kind of empty after the Tokyo Tower imo. I get that you're into weeb stuff, but this list is missing some really essential things like Shinjuku, Shibuya, Emperor's garden etc. But check out Odaiba too, there's a huge gundam statue there and there's a shopping mall that has a huge section of jump anime stuff
>>
>>1078237
Day 2 is too packed. Might be more reasonable if you were traveling alone and rushed it, but with a group it'll be even slower. Maybe you could do something on the first day as well, but I understand it if you guys just want to check in, unpack, walk around the neighborhood and sleep. You should also be wary of opening hours and everything, especially on a tight schedule of just 5 exploring days. For example, Senso-ji's main hall closes at 5 PM, the National Museum closes at 6 PM and it's closed on Mondays. The Skytree has an especially huge waiting line during the weekends and you might spend an hour or more just to get your ticket, but I believe it's open until late.

Also, are you only going to the Ueno park and skipping the zoo? I don't know if the cherry blossom will be out during your visit, but if it isn't, the park is literally nothing and you may as well skip it. The zoo is nice, though.

Akihabara is nice, but unless you're going to scavenge hunt every store with your anime figure checklist, you won't spend an entire day there. It's really not as big as you might imagine it is when you heart the words "the Electric Town". It's mainly one street with a couple of weeb stores, game halls and restaurants.

What's the deal with the Panasonic Center? It seems like there's absolutely nothing at all to do there, except for going to the Nintendo floor, which apparently has a handful of Panasonic TV's on which you can play Wii U...? Is that really worth your time in Japan?

All in all it seems like a really shitty trip to me if most of the things you're going to do are visiting a small Nintendo showroom, a Disney store, a kid's toy store, a Pokémon store, a weeb merchandise store, and 2 cafe's that keep certain pets. The only sightseeing on here is going to Senso-ji and Meiji Jingu. Like the other anon already said, you're missing a lot of essential shit and I wouldn't recommend wasting money on your current itinerary, but that's just my two cents.
>>
>>1078238
Yes, you can exchange it at a bank with better rates. They rip you off at the airport. You could also just withdraw money from an ATM at a 7/11 over there.
>>
>>1078563
Basically a shinkansen round trip costs just as much as a 7-day JR pass, so if you're certain you'll at least go on one round trip (or 2 single trips, I guess) + you might/will go on more additional train rides, you should get one.
>>
>>1078590
Narita airport is the one place I've ever seen where they don't actually rip you off. The bank is slightly better but not much
>>
>>1078563
I'm traveling between Hiroshima and Tokyo and making a lot of side trips for the 7 days and for my time in Tokyo I'm switching to Suica. If you're going straight from Hiroshima to Tokyo or vice versa it might be cheaper for a regular shinkansen ticket and reservation unless you're doing more sidetrips or a round trip. Only thing you have ot keep in mind is the faster shinkansen doesn't qualify for the rail pass
>>
I'm gonna be in Akihabara for two or three days in the summer. Anyone know of a place that has a big selection of weaboo mugs? I kind of collect them. Pic related, it's one I already have.
>>
Hey guys, I'm a resident of Tokyo who frequently participates in Japan's unique brand of lewd nightlife. I'm not talking about prostitution but rather, happening bars, couple kissas, parties and events.

I'm not just going to dump my experience, because /trv/ "isn't my personal blog blah blah" but if anyone is interested in this kind of thing (and was perhaps too afraid to ask), I'm willing to share a bit.
>>
>>1075736
I am going to Japan in May with my GF and we are interested in spending some time on the beach. What island/beach would people recommend. Just looking to chill out, nothing crazy. Anyone have any good websites that have beach info as well?
>>
>>1078810
If you want something close to Tokyo, try Sun Beach in Atami.
>>
>>1078811
>Sun Beach in Atami.
Thanks, have you spent any time in Okinawa? I have no idea if we should go there or stay on the mainland...
>>
>>1078799
how much to stay in your home instead homie
>>
>>1078814
Huh?
>>
>>1078799
Do you have any specific place to pick up jap chicks? (I'm assuming you're white)
>>
>>1078799
Which is your favorite happening bar? I used to frequent bar9259
>>
File: 1433290413493.jpg (54KB, 434x435px) Image search: [Google]
1433290413493.jpg
54KB, 434x435px
I don't know much about Japan but I'll have a chance to go here over the summer. I'd spend about 10 days in Japan with a few thousand dollars to spare. Any places to go for excitement?

I'll take any suggestions, you can disregard what I am attracted to because I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever.

Is that island (Hokkaido I think, North of main island) a popular beach location?
>>
>>1078585
>>1078586

Thanks for the input
>>
What is the typical cost for a trip from the US to Japan?
>>
>>1078824
Aside from the Happening Bars and Couple Kissas, I'd just say stick to clubs in Shibuya and/or Roppongi (I prefer Shibuya). I don't actually go clubbing that much, but meeting girls at clubs is pretty universal, you know? Japanese ability helps but is not necessary. The beach is also decent in the summer, but definitely more Japanese ability required there than clubs.

>>1078829
For happening bars I generally go to Bliss Out in Shinjuku.

Bliss Out I think is pretty well known and known for being foreigner friendly. Japanese ability for sure isn't required, the manager is really nice and speaks decent English. For anyone visiting Japan interested in a taste of this scene, I would recommend it based on this fact alone. Bliss Out is pretty okay in my opinion, especially if you like mature women. It's an older crowd generally. Think middle aged swingers. Despite its foreigner friendly reputation, basically everyone who goes at a given time is Japanese of course. Weekdays it tends to get bored housewives in. Overall the staff are nice (there's one young kinda ripped guy who's kind of a cold dick though).

I have also been to Colors and Retreat, both also in Shinjuku. Colors is also foreigner friendly, but just not as good imho. The crowd is younger and the staff is more genki, but overall it just feels more like a theme bar and I just prefer more of a lounge feel.

Retreat sucks. Very nice/fancy inside but overbearing staff and you even have to get let into play room by staff. Pass.

For pure action, couple kissas are better than happening bars. So if you have a lady to bring, I would definitely recommend it.

The Couple Kissa I go to is called Olive21. In terms of action it's crazy, but there's not really much too it other than a small common room with a long circular couch and then play space. There is no bar, and like 1 staff member on duty but the people are young and very eager. Awesome time, but not a place to just relax and have drinks.
>>
>>1078829
By the way, how is 9259? Can't seem to find as much on it English (or Japanese for that matter). Doesn't seem to have a Tokyo Adult Guide review.

Good I assume if you frequented it? I'll try to check it out.
>>
>>1078848
Depends on there airport you fly out of, how long you stay, where you stay, what you eat etc.

Typical is about
30,365,000,000,000 Papua Kina
>>
File: aokigahara.jpg (86KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
aokigahara.jpg
86KB, 540x960px
Anyone been to any spooky places in Japan? I went into aokigahara at night. Was pretty meh. My Japanese friend was spooked though.
>>
Would an overnight stay in Hakone be enough?

Or should I just not bother at all?
>>
>>1078938
enough for what? Hakone is pretty nice imo, stayed there for two nights, but I arrived a bit later in the afternoon and really wanted to take my time for the sculpture park. Otherwise, I guess one night is okay
>>
Where can I go to eat whale in Japan? Would I find it at a specific kind of restaurant? Is it available to foreigners?
>>
>>1078967
Theres a whale restaurant right in the middle of Shibuya.

Whale sucks though. It taste pretty much like beef, but its more expensive and shittier
>>
is there a place where you can see some street racing?
or atleast see some japanese sports cars?
>>
>>1079000
People only street race in the middle of no where places like in Initial D. However its not an actual event like in the anime and its usually extremely hush hush because its dangerous as fuck and super illegal. The cops literally have nothing to do in those small inaka towns besides harass the people dumb enough to race on those mountain roads. I actually went to Haruna mountain in Gunma where the anime takes place. There were skid marks on some of the side roads, but the main road was filled with speed bumps and other things that would fuck up your car if you tried to go over 30 km/h, especially in the hairpins
>>
So basically i had this idea to visit mount Koya from Kyoto, spend night there, move to Hiroshima, spend night at Miyajima and head back to Tokyo.
Now, Koya to Hiroshima is like 5 hours trip, i wanna at leats check the Peace memorial park in Hiroshima and i also need to get my ass to Miyajima and check at hotel. And finally see something from Miyajima before leaving for Tokyo in late noon or so.
Is it doable, or is it as packed as it sound and i will be just rushing from place to place?
I guess alternative would be to make Koya just a day trip and then head to Hiroshima from Kyoto in early morning instead.
>>
>>1079018
>the main road was filled with speed bumps
that's pretty sad, thanks for the answer dude
>>
>>1079000
>>1079018

Speed limits in Japan are ridiculously low -- 80 km/hour on the highways and 40 or 50 km/hour on perfectly decent roads in the middle of the countryside. Plus (apart from speed bumps) a lot of roads have speed cameras and hiding cops. Driving in Japan isn't much fun. With that said....

>People only street race in the middle of no where places like in Initial D.

Rent a car or bike in Tokyo or Yokohama on a Sunday, when the weather is nice, and drive south to Kamakura. Drive west along the coast on Route 1 to Route 134 to the Seisho Bypass. This takes about an hour to 90 minutes, depending on the traffic. Right after you pass Odawara Castle (on your right), bear to the right and head to the Mazda Turnpike (this is a private toll road). At the top there's a big michi no eki with a giant parking lot overlooking Hakone and Mt. Fuji. You'll see the cream of Tokyo's sports cars gathered here -- exotics and classics, dozens and dozens of them. Plus there's also (as of last summer) a company renting out GT-Rs, Acura NSXs, and other tasty Japanese models. Price was around Y8000-Y10000/hour depending on the model, and totally worth it -- the Mazda Turnpike has some nice driving and the few times I was up there I didn't see a single speed bump, speed camera, or cop.

I've never seen the above posted on /trv/ before; I'm guessing that it's because very few people here have driven in the Odawara/Hakone area. Anyway, if you're seriously into sports cars it's the best place to go (that I've seen, anyway).
>>
>>1079123
wow, thanks a lot dude
>>
>>1078967
You can eat whale meat in pretty much any major city.

Try to avoid eating whale meat though, it's not great. But if you have to eat it, try to eat the tail fin portion. It's the only part I liked eating personally.
>>
Where is the best place to see mount fuji?
>>
>>1079165
Mount fuji
>>
>>1079165
I like the town of Kawaguchiko, nice tourist town with a lake, ropeways and has FujiQ park. Unfortunately it's far out of the way if you're staying overnight and not taking aside trip from Tokyo. Hakone is easier to get to but I haven't visited yet.
>>
To join the yakuza?
Kobe, Japan
Go to tattoo artist that tats them up
Or one of their pleasure massage places
nd aPachinko parlor
>>
>>1079166
Mount Fuji is the best place to look out from, its the worst place to see mount fuji
>>
Military fag going to Yokosuka for week of Feb 21. I'll only have 2 days to explore. What should I do?
>>
>>1079227
I imagine Mikasa's already on the agenda?
>>
>>1079230
I've got literally nothing on the agenda, just found out I am going and have never been. I'm not into anime, and I'm married so not into picking up women, just really would like to walk around get some good food and see a couple unique spots. Anything you suggest? Money isn't a big issue.
>>
>>1079232
Oh, sorry, by militaryfag I thought you meant you were a military hobbyist and not an actual military fag. I'd recommend the aforementioned Mikasa, it's a nice piece of history. That's all I'm familiar with there so someone else will have to chime in, sorry.
>>
>>1079233
Thanks. I'm actually flying into and out of Tokyo so I was thinking of that area. I know there are 10'million things to do but what would you suggest if you only had a day or two?
>>
Is Osaka aquarium worth it?
>>
File: IMG_5851.jpg (4MB, 3456x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5851.jpg
4MB, 3456x2304px
>>1079245
yes, pretty cool, especially if you haven't seen a whale shark before
>>
So I'm leaving for an ESL job on March 17th, and I'm getting placed in the ibaraki prefecture. I've heard plenty of horror stories about being an ASL in Japan, but honestly the job is just to keep me busy during the week, and then go off and explore on weekends.

I get the feeling that ibaraki itself isn't exactly a hotspot, which is fine by me, but does anyone have any experience in the area?
>>
>>1079343
Ibaraki is close enough to Tokyo to sucker people into going there, but even when I was living in Urayasu it was too far from Tokyo to do much
>>
>>1078849
what exactly goes on at happening bars? from wikipedi it says that it's like a swingers bar, are they sausage fests?
>>
>>1079374
How long would you say taking the train/driving in would take? Each one that is.
>>
>>1079382
If you're a single male, the only thing that goes on is you getting scammed out of your tourist dollars. The happening bar scene has transitioned massively over the past few years. In almost every way for the worse.
>>
>>1079388
You just need to read the reviews, in English and Japanese. The one I went to had hit and miss nights, but when they were atleast 30% women I always ended up getting atleast a BJ simply by having the biggest dick in the room.
>>
>>1079385
You'd be a fool to drive because theres no where to park in Tokyo. If you live in Tsukuba its atleast an hour. If you live anywhere else its 2 hours atleast or however long it takes you to drive to Tsukuba plus taking the Tsukuba express
>>
I'm going to tokyo for two weeks next month, first time in the country, any recommendations for things I should make an effort to go see?
>>
File: Osaka-Aquarium-Kaiyukan-91756.jpg (140KB, 936x526px) Image search: [Google]
Osaka-Aquarium-Kaiyukan-91756.jpg
140KB, 936x526px
>kyoto vs. osaka

original plan was to stay in kyoto, but i really want to go spend most of a day at the osaka aquarium. better to stay in osaka and make a daytrip to kyoto, or better to stay in kyoto and make a daytrip to osaka? regardless of where we stay we're also taking a trip out to nara one day.
>>
>>1079428
oops, which ever city we choose will be our base of operations for 3 full days. so basically

>1 day kyoto
>1 day osaka (aquarium)
>1 day nara

not necessarily in that order.
>>
>>1079428
They're all so close it really doesn't matter but I guess Nara is more central.
>>
>>1079402
Cool. Thanks.
>>
File: laughs.png (298KB, 525x576px) Image search: [Google]
laughs.png
298KB, 525x576px
Hey guys -

I need a little help. All of these questions are pretty noobish, but I'm not sure how else to ask them.

I'll be studying abroad in Tokyo for 4 months starting April 1st. From April 1st to April 13th, I will have no classes; during this time, I'd like to travel around Japan; Nara Deer Park, Giant Buddha, and more. However, according to the Japan Rail Pass site, I can't get a pass because I'll be staying for more than 90 days (~120). So, what kind of train ticket can I get that will let me travel around for a bit for 2 weeks? How much does it look like I'm going to spend?

Also, I don't really know how train passes work. According to the university I'm attending, I will be spending about ~$120 for a "student commuter" pass. Where does this let me go? Can I go to parts of Tokyo at night with this pass? Do I need to buy another? Approximately how much is it per train ride?

Thank uuuuu ;~;
>>
>>1079382
>what exactly goes on at happening bars? from wikipedi it says that it's like a swingers bar, are they sausage fests?

Yes, they are basically swinger bars, but they are different than your average "swinger bar" because action actually happens within the bar itself. What happens is, there is a main bar room, that looks and feels like a normal lounge. You can order drinks, sit at tables, couches, and just relax, talk to people, chat with the staff. Then they have a "play room" or rooms attached. Basically, you can leave the bar area and go here to have sex. It's completely open and there are no private rooms with their own door.

They're not complete sausage fests. With single men and men in couples considered, yes, the ratio of men is much higher than women, but I wouldn't call them sausage fests. The other guy said 30% and I think that's usually a good ballpark figure of % women on your average Friday or Saturday night.

>>1079388
>If you're a single male, the only thing that goes on is you getting scammed out of your tourist dollars

Overly negative. For one thing, Happening bars don't exist to scam tourists. Tourists in Japan do not even tend to know about them. Yes, Happening Bars would probably be better if more of them made single ladies pay or pay more than they do. But this sounds like the words of a passive guy with no game. From my observation, most of the single guys at the place I usually go to just sit around the bar and passively look at their drinks, then go watch people in the playroom.

>>1079401
Yeah, pretty much.

All in all, as I said, if you are looking for pure action, Couple Kissas are the way to go over Happening Bars. Happening Bars can be hit or miss, but go on Friday or Saturday night and Couple Kissas basically are 100% hit. First time, my girl and I were solicited by a cute couple within literally 10 minutes of getting the tour and going over the rules with the staff guy.
>>
Kind of a weird question, but do Japanese hotels allow you to keep your luggage overnight or for a few nights with you being there? I want to spend a few nights in Kyoto without lugging around my big bag and would just use a daypack.
>>
>>1079481
I'll just finish by saying that Happening Bars and Couple Kissas are great opportunity to talk to Japanese locals and see Japanese people at their warmest. I always seem to meet interesting people when I go. Last time I went to the couple kissa I talked with a Japanese guy who was born in America and knew all about the NFL.

It's a great place to practice Japanese or else I've found that a lot of people who go know some English or are willing to try as well. There always seems to be some friendly oji-san or other there who speaks English pretty well. It's just that kind of fun, carefree atmosphere.
>>
File: kaiyukan.jpg (226KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
kaiyukan.jpg
226KB, 768x1024px
>>1079428
Kaiyukan is awesome, but not quite day-filling. Took me about 4 hours, and I'm really into aquariums.

They have a "Kaiyu ticket" that's a combination of subway day ticket + entrance fee + some discounts on other harbor attractions.
It's available in packages with just the Osaka subway or Osaka subway + a neighboring train system (like the Hankyu line) and generally worth it (unless you already have the Kansai Through Pass or something).
To get it, tell the attendant next to the the automatic gates you want the Kaiyu ticket - they'll let you through so you can buy it from the station master's office... took us half an hour or so to figure out.
See this for more information:
http://www.kaiyukan.com/language/eng/kaiyu.html

As for accomodation... Nara isn't quite as exciting. I'd stay either in Osaka or Kyoto.
I think Kyoto is probably more interesting - actually I'd plan at least 2 days there unless you hate temples and shrines, because there's a lot to visit.
>>
>>1079482
The travel group I went with stayed in Toyoko Inns, and when we took side trips (a few days at a Ryokan etc) our luggage would be sent by Kuroneko courier service to the next Toyoko Inn in the meantime.
http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/en/hands-freetravel/index.html
>>
>>1079482
Some have luggage service but a lot of train stations and large attractions will have lockers including oversized ones. At Fuji-Q amusement park I was able to keep my carry-on sized bag and backpack in one for 500 yen or something like that.
>>
>>1079484
>http://www.kaiyukan.com/language/eng/kaiyu.html

If I have a JR pass already is one of the Osaka lines off of JR? Seems like it's worth it either way with the admission price being nearly the same and it comes with discounts
>>
>>1079488
Thanks, anon. I might do that.
>>1079489
You're able to hold them there overnight, right? I really don't want to bother with checking in and out of my hotel twice just for a few nights and it's probably cheaper just to keep everything there overnight. I just don't know how to email and ask a hotel because it's a weird question
>>
>>1079493
The impression I get from this page is you can usually keep them for 3 days but have to replenish funds once a day

http://www.jrpass.com/blogs/utilising-station-lockers
>>
>>1079491
From what I can see, you'll pretty much have to take the Osaka municipal subway to Osakako at one point, or prepare for hour-long walks.

I'd check if a JR pass is really necessary and if it isn't cheaper to buy the Kansai Thru Pass (5200 yen for 3 days) that gives you access to all private railways, buses and subways in the region (plus discounts & special offers) instead.
http://www.surutto.com/tickets/kansai_thru_english.html
>>
>>1079484
awesome, thanks for all the info anon.

definitely staying in either kyoto or osaka, just going to visit nara mostly for the deer park. and where ever we stay we'll have an extra half day after arriving from tokyo. possible concern with kyoto's temples is that we'll be there in january with a 2 year old, so weather might limit how much we can wander around outside.
>>
>>1076452
Mt. Osorezan in Aomori Prefecture is pretty cool. I've always liked Sendai as a city - not sure it has anything in particular, but seems like it would be a good place to live.
>>
>>1079442
A commuter pass is only good between your home station and your destination station. Traveling around Tokyo, it depends what railway company you're using and how far you're traveling.
>>
>>1079564
A commuter pass is good between your home station, destination station, and every single station in between. The yahoo train app actually takes your pass into account when calculating routes
>>
>400 aud return to Tokyo

I was thinking of just doing a week over just staying in kanto and keeping total price under a grand so I'd be staying in an airbnb most likely.

This would be my fourth trip over do I do it m8s
>>
>>1079577
Too short
>>
will the hookers in japan care if i have a lumberjack beard?
>>
>>1079588
Nope.
>>
>>1079588
If you can't speak Japanese you will pay 3x their normal rate if they'll let you fuck them or you will have to settle for old lady Koreans
>>
>>1079592
what if i cant speak japanese but shave
>>
File: capcom.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
capcom.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
Might be a stretch to find answers here but does anyone know where to find Koei, Arcsys and Atlus merchandise or stuff in Tokyo? Or video game items in general. Checked out a good chunk of Akihabara but found none that I had in mind.

Capcom stuff is everywhere, actual video games are here and there but not much on the three.
>>
going to japan for the sex joints

anyone got any good stories or recommendation? Ill be checking the 2 sites in the OP
>>
Travelling alone to Tokyo next week, then Kyoto and Osaka after that, roughly one week each

Any recommendations? I want to go to Kiyomizu and Ginkakuji but apart from that, I'm free to do pretty much whatever, as long as my bookings work out
>>
I want to bang lots of ugly girls for free. Where go?
>>
>>1079611
thailand
>>
>>1079588
they're fucking hookers, what do you think?
>>1079592
>why would people go on the internet just to tell lies?
>>1079605
went to one or two, one was a pink salon, other was a soapland. Although sex is officially illegal, it's still practiced in most soaplands. If you speak Japanese it's better of course but the links in the OP have plenty of options for English speakers too
>>1079611
britbong m8
>>
>>1079611
in japan, i mean
>>
What's the best soap lands in Kanto?
>>
How do I join the yakuza?
>>
>>1079616
clubs
>>1079628
you really expect somebody in the Japanese General thread, on the travel section of a Peruvian Guinea pig tasting site to know the best soap lands in a region of 40+ million people?
>>
I wanna do some solo travel, would you say i could enjoy japan on my own? plan on staying a month

What would be a recommended budget? could bring dollars or yens
>>
welp, airline is having a sale for tokyo in late july, so i figure why not i've been wanting to go back

the trip is a week long, i want to check out shibuya this time, and a couple other shopping districts

other than that can anyone recommend any history museums or shrines accessible to english-only speakers

also, should i make a day trip out of tokyo to see anything?
i'd be looking for the same sorts of things
>>
>>1079614
>why would people go on the internet just to tell lies?

He pops up and parrots the same fib over and over again. Sometimes he says old Chinese ladies, sometimes he says old Korean ladies. It's pathetic.

>>1079593
Don't listen to him. He might be a butthurt Japanese guy. As I said, he always parrots this line whenever prostitution in Japan is brought up. Please look at the links on the top of the thread for info on English speaking access to some sex establishments. King's Club in Yoshiwara is a good bet.
>>
>>1079638
>would you say i could enjoy japan on my own?

How is anyone supposed to answer that? Of course you could, but it depends entirely on what kind of person you are. A month can be a long and lonely time if you're insecure and don't plan at least a little bit.
>>
File: img_eyecatch.jpg (315KB, 1200x526px) Image search: [Google]
img_eyecatch.jpg
315KB, 1200x526px
>>1079641
There is the 江戸東京博物館, the Edo-Tokyo museum, about the history of the city of Tokyo, known as Edo before the emperor relocated from Kyoto. Most exhibits have label in English as well as Japanese, though not all.
>>
>>1079653
yeah, i just realised its a dumb question
>>
I am planning to visit Japan in the beginning of September for 3 weeks with my girlfriend. So far I think we will visit Tokyo, Kyoto , Osaka, Himeji Castle, Hiroshima, Miyajima, rabbit island and the black crow castle. I plan to stay a week in Tokyo and then to spend 2 weeks in the remaining places. Do you think it is too much time for everything? Most of the remaining places are like 1-day attraction max, but I dont want to end up in a hurry to visit everything

Also, what is the good time to start making hostel reservations? It looks like a lot of hostels are taking reservations only for incoming 3 months, so I guess it is too early to make reservations now if I can get something better around June?

And last question - how much should I count for food everyday? Something around 2000 jpy seems reasonable. I do not plan to eat anything fancy- but I dont want to end up eating fast food.
>>
is wanikani any good for learning kanji? if not, whats a good site?
>>
>>1079676
They're expensive. You could sign up and try out the free lessons, then decide if you want to proceed.
I would check out the /djt/ thread on /a/ and follow the guide in the sticky. There's a ton of free resources and there really isn't one set answer.
>>
>>1079676
Anki is more powerful, but requires a lot of initial setup, If you ever get serious about Japanese you'll have to set it up eventually.

If you're starting from zero, I personally think the traditional way of learning kanji is best, writing the kanji 5-20 times and making a flash card (paper or digital). Once you have atleast 100 under your belt, I'd switch to remember the kanji, and be sure to combine that with reviewing the kanji and a RTK anki deck. Power through as much as you possibly can in a month. Its incredibly helpful but if you don't complete it quickly you get bored and discouraged since you'll be able to understand a lot more Japanese but won't be able to technically read anything.

The way I study now is getting JLPT kanji prep books, write the kanji a few times, and then put all the vocab in a kanji deck.
>>
File: stacked.jpg (1MB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
stacked.jpg
1MB, 1920x1440px
>>1079604
You might have more success at Nakano broadway. It's said to cater more to the classics... but I didn't go there yet myself, so maybe another anon can elaborate on it.

Also try and seek out Super Potato for your retrogaming needs - although they seem to mostly have newer stuff as far as merchandise is concerned. I think there is a store in Akihabara.
Of course, Mandarake is another shop with pre-owned goods that sometimes carries vintage stuff. They have stores in Nakano and Akiba.
>>
>>1079604
>>1079719
I thought Nakano broadway had more merchandise but I was able to find more actual games in Akihabara. All of those game shops are in the back alleys though.
>>
Do I need to speak Japanese to be an English teacher?
Do I need to have finished any special course?
>>
>>1079821

No and no. You do need a bachelor's degree.
>>
Okay, so about the JR pass. I've figured out that it makes sense to get a 7 day pass for the second week of my trip. However, I'd like to pick up my pass when I first land in Narita Airport.

My question: Does the clock start ticking on a passupon first use or when you pick it up? It makes more sense for me to pay the normal rate for the first week and not buy a 14 day pass.
>>
>>1079843
you have to activate it first
>>
>>1079843
The first "time" you use it is when the "clock" starts "ticking".
>>
Japan is awful now with the influx of Chinese tourists, all the popular tourists spots like akihabara or Disney or crowded even in the middle of the week and it feels like the price of most things have gone up since the influx because all the Chinese tourist are rich.
>>
>>1079861
Prices havent gone up because of China, they've gone up because the national tax went up to 8%
>>
File: dumping-out-crawfish.jpg (330KB, 510x339px) Image search: [Google]
dumping-out-crawfish.jpg
330KB, 510x339px
>go fishing for crawfish on the sides of rice fields for fun by suggestion
>catch a bunch
>gramps just dumps em in the pan and gives em back
>tastes just as i expected

Should've spiced them
>>
https://youtu.be/hNmsNE5ly_k
>>
>>1079869

Yeah. Crawfish needs a bit of spice to bring out the flavor, you also need to boil and not fry them.
>>
What's the most popular dating app/site in japan right now? Is tinder widely used?
>>
>>1079939

i also would like to know this
>>
Hey guys, peruvian applying to a full Masters degree scholarship in Nipland.

Once there, What can I expect?

>167cm
>Semi White
>good looking
>Huge weeb unfortunetly
>>
>>1079939
www.onahole.co.jp
>>
>>1079966
>167cm
WEW LADDY
>>
>>1079969
Is going to look average there right?

Male BTW
>>
File: 1455053766345.jpg (663KB, 2212x1465px) Image search: [Google]
1455053766345.jpg
663KB, 2212x1465px
>>1079966
>167 cm
>>
New bread >>1080017
>>
>>1077820
seconding this
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.