[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time poster in this board. I'm going to be spending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Alhambra.jpg (6MB, 3456x1958px) Image search: [Google]
Alhambra.jpg
6MB, 3456x1958px
First time poster in this board.
I'm going to be spending 4 days in Granada during holy week. Aside from the Alhambra and the religious processions, what are some interesting things to do? What are the best places for drinks and tapas?
>>
>>1075009
Congrats anon, Granada is one of the most beautiful cities in spain if not europe. Only problem is that it is a little bit too small and 4 days will be plenty to visit, though that might be good being holy week and you will be able to visit without rush. More or less all the places are amazing for tapas but a rule of thumb is to get where it's the most crowded. You will rarely fail if you do like that.

The city itself is pretty chill but places that are a bit more "scenic" are Albaicin, Sacromonte, etc.

Don't forget to check all the viewpoints "Miradores". Mirador San Nicolas got the best view but it is always crowded. If you like atmosphere come here. Mirador San Miguel El Alto is less crowded but a little bit further up.

Just enjoy planning!
>>
>>1075181
Thank you anon. I'm also going to Almeria and Malaga on other days. Looking to see if we can drive to Gibraltar one day.
>>
Book the Alhambra tickets online now if you haven't. Otherwise you will be in for a big disappointment.
>>
>>1075677
Málaga doesn't have much. Better check Ronda, Córdoba and the white towns. A little bit further away there is as well the Cádiz area (Cádiz included), Sevilla and Almería's coast
>>
>>1075720
Shit. I'm going with a group and I knew we should have had skipped Malaga but oh well. That girl must be an idiot if she says Malaga is better than Granada
>>
>>1075679
Did it get that bad with the tickets? I've been to Alhambra about a decade ago, in high season, and it was enough if you just went there early in the day.
>>
>>1075677
Gibraltar is boring as fuck. Only reason to go there is to say you went there. So what? It is not worth the time it takes.

Malaga is cool. I wasn't expecting much from the town since Spaniards seem to love to hate it, and it is somewhat synonymous among Brits as a retirement resort ghetto and so everyone loves to shit on it. The region spreading along the coast in either direction from Malaga is over-developed. Malaga city itself is surprisingly pleasant, probably since most tourists immediately move on and skip it. It's rather industrial on its outskirts, and it's not better than Granada. But it has a perfectly pleasant old town, old buildings, modern shops, marble streets, delicious and cheap food fucking everywhere, a small beach (enjoy dem topless tanning titties), a boardwalk, an old fortress and castle to explore, big old cathedral, and totally unpretentious people. It's honestly a nice place for a day or two, I quite liked it, and I am 'well travelled'. Guess what? I didn't even see any sun-burned British retirees carrying golf bags shouting at their water to 'SPEAK BLOODY ENGLISH"!

That said, as other anons pointed, there are towns probably more worth the time. Ronda is gorgeous and absolutely worth a day or so. Cordoba is nice. Cadiz is pretty, but it's a bit far, and somehow I found people there rather rude and stuck-up... But what's often a total oversight is not visiting inland. Everyone goes to the coast, which is great, but that means inland towns are almost empty. Go hiking around Pampaneira, for example, and you can not see another person all day. Me and my girlfriend walked over hills and little stream valleys and later skinny dipped (it was hot as balls) and fucked in the open like animals, you really feel you have it to yourself.
>>
>>1075679
>>1076020
I booked tickets a couple days before (this was in September), and it was OK. Some of the later day slots were sold out, but you don't want to be there at that time anyway. Go in the morning as soon as it opens, that's when it's most calm and pretty, as the dew and night's mist is lifting, and your photos won't be ruined by fucking busloads of Chinese tour groups and fat Eurotrash dragging their bored kids around.
>>
>>1076035
I strongly disagree about Gibraltar. It's a unique place due to its history, location and political affiliation, which always makes things more interesting. The rock itself is also cool to climb and comes with added hilarity when all the monkey highwayman rob tourists on the way. The landing strip/road crossing is also something you don't see everywhere.
I've seen enough cozy old towns within a tourist resort to last me a lifetime. Gibraltar on the other hand offers unique experiences and something you won't get elsewhere, certainly not in Europe.
>>
>>1076044
The monkeys barely make up for it... I've been to Gibraltar. So very meh. A dash across a runway, some British detailing on signs and shops, sunburned old expats and duty free cigs. Are those 'unique experiences' worth it? Only OP can answer... Despite the minor historical footnote that Gibraltar entails, the place itself doesn't make up for it. My personal advice to OP is to skip it. There are better places to see, including even Malaga, considering the short time he has. If you've got months to kill in Spain, and are in the area, then sure I guess one could visit Gibraltar.

And you've misunderstood the comments about Malaga. There are no tourist resorts in it. Drive 20-30km outside along the coast and you'll start seeing British pensioners' time shares and gold resorts. The city itself is rather nice because it's NOT touristy.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.