[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /trv/ first post here I'm going malta in the coming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: Malta[1].jpg (2MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
Malta[1].jpg
2MB, 3888x2592px
Hi /trv/ first post here

I'm going malta in the coming summer for 2 months (abroad internship).

I just want to ask if you got some wisdom for me.
>>
File: 312313.jpg (351KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
312313.jpg
351KB, 960x720px
>>1072157
what line of work?
>inb4 property,tourism or gambling

I did an internship last year with a real estate company and this year i worked at a hotel of one of the language schools ask me anything you'd want to know
>>
File: ee4.png (278KB, 358x358px) Image search: [Google]
ee4.png
278KB, 358x358px
>>1072173
by last year i mean 2014
and this year 2015

i guess i am still living in the past
>>
>>1072173
somewhere around Hospital labratory shizz still haven't decided, I'm on a erasmus course

but yeah how much was your daily/weekly spending on food?

any nice places I can visit during my stay?( btw what's that place in your pic)

how are the people?

what did you dislike about it?

what was your favourite thing?
>>
File: touristic-map-malta-gozo.jpg (224KB, 1500x1227px) Image search: [Google]
touristic-map-malta-gozo.jpg
224KB, 1500x1227px
>>1072218
>somewhere around Hospital labratory shizz still haven't decided, I'm on a erasmus course
erasmus+? I did that too. You are probably going to have a language school responsible for you.
>but yeah how much was your daily/weekly spending on food?
Well, that depends on how much you would like to spend. If you are from a northern european country the prices will be alright for you.
You should be more than fine with 150 euros per week I think
>any nice places I can visit during my stay?( btw what's that place in your pic)
Lots. I loved Mdina and Valletta. Very beautiful cities. Also Gozo, the sister island. Its much greener and nicer there. Take the ferry and visit it. Dont forget to visit the Catacombs in Rabat too
(That place is in St.Julian's and that orange tower is the highest building in malta. If you like partying and drinking you are going to see that building lots of times. Because "Paceville" the place with the clubs and bars is right next to it.)
>how are the people?
They are nice. They are very similar to other Mediterranean nations but because they live on a small island, they have that island mentality.
And no matter how much they like you and even though everyone can speak english, they are going to speak maltese around you with each other like you are not even there and no matter how often you tell them that it is fucking rude they wont stop
>what did you dislike about it?
Traffic.It is a fucking pain in the ass getting to from point a to b if you dont live in the center (Valletta and the surroundings)
Also the first year I was there the bus ticket used to cost nothing but now they changed it and its fucking expensive if you dont register for the "tallinja card" I suggest you register for it 1-2 Months before you go there because it takes them at least 6 weeks to send you a fucking plastic card
>>
>>1072218
>what was your favourite thing?
Oh, everything. It is a great place to spend summers If you like very hot weather and history.

By the way it might get boring after a while so make sure that you take your time and don't visit every place on your first available day.
Take your time, make new friends and do a different thing every weekend.

Also fucking festas man. They are going to wake you up with sound bombs at 7 o'clock in the morning.
>>
>>1072244
Thanks a lot man that really helped!
>>
>>1072261
sure, man. If you want to know anything else just ask
>>
>>1072157
You need to visit the hypogeum of hal-saflieni.
Total mindfuck
>>
>>1072157
maltese person here, ask me anything.

I confirm everything the other guys said. And the maltese will speak in their language in front of you... I don't know why this happens, we know it's rude but still do it. we're just stupid i guess
>>
cliff diving in malta is fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhDzcK31rwM
>>
Maltese person here, I work in the hospital so we might even bump into each other without knowing.

We all speak English. Food is expensive. The only places worth going are Paceville and Bugibba for nightlife. Valletta and Mdina for culture.

It's a small island, so if you are spending more than a few days here, you will explore all you have to see.
>>
>>1073620
I live and work in Malta (Birkirkara) . food in malta is one of the cheapest in Europe, certainly compared to western Europe trust me.

And Paceville is pretty much very boring, compared to what you can get in the rest of Europe (no disrespect) in terms of nightlife, especially Spain.
>>
>>1072241
>so the first year I was there the bus ticket used to cost nothing but now they changed it and its fucking expensive if you dont register for the "tallinja card"

A ride cost 1.50 euro (regardless of location) which is silly cheap compared to the rest of Europe (try the underground in London just to name something.. oh boy..)

When you have a card it costs 0.70 euro cent per ride.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.