[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /trv/ My girlfriend and I are travelling through Thailand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: war-remnants-museum-600.jpg (110KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
war-remnants-museum-600.jpg
110KB, 600x400px
Hi /trv/

My girlfriend and I are travelling through Thailand for 12 days. Sadly I had more vacation time on me, so she returns home for work and I stay for 12 more days.

Staying in Thailand is a no no. I want to check out Vietnam at the very least.

Are 12 days too little to see some of Bangkok, then head to 'nam and add one more destination (like cambodia or laos?).

What are some major things I should see? I"m a sucker for Vietnam War history, and War History in general, cars, food (mostly cooking) and visiting ruins/temples is something I'd like to do. While I'd like to take some of the city in, I'd rather do some trekking or exploring on the outskirts.

I know its way to little for in depth travelling. I know I will be returning though.

tl;dr, 12 days in SE Asia, starting in BKK. Not interested in partys or sex tourism. Wanted to visit Vietnam, tour BKK, and add one other destination but I'm thinking if it'd be worth to do it in such little time.
>>
>>1071993
2 days in BKK
2-3 Days in Siem Reap
4 days in HCM
2 days of travel, 1 between BKK and SR and another between SR and HCM

I find BKK boring as hell, go see the Palace (read about the scams), floating markets, temple of dawn / Wat Arun. You can get on a bus or take the train at 5am to SR or even fly, I feel Angkor Wat is worth breaking up over 3 days.
I have never been to HCM, I traveled Hanoi and the north.

Alternative. See BKK, fly to Hanoi or HCM and spent 10 days in Vietnam if the war is more interesting than Angkor for you.

Where will you both travel in Thailand?
>>
>>1071999
The war interest me. A lot. But Angkor looks so awe inspiring I cant miss it.

We fly into Phuket and spend the night at the Old Town, cause we arrive late. We get the fuck out of that shithole the next day, and spend a couple of days on the lesser shithole that is Phi Phi, doing some beach stuff and relaxing -if chavs let us- and then head back two the mainland, stopping along the way to BKK.
>>
>>1072014
All of Southern Thailand is a shithole.
>>
>>1071999
>I feel Angkor Wat is worth breaking up over 3 days.

I' modify that, and see Angkor Watt in one day, spend the other two days at the other Khmer sites.

There is a "poor man's Cirque" in Siem Reap, they do different shows in rotation, IF they are doing the one about their founder's life and surviving the Khmer Rouge, I'd recommend that one -- I did not see their other shows.
>>
>>1072019
Really?
>>
>>1072056
Bump
>>
>>1072056
No, and are you the anon posting about this in tha Thailand General? Phuket, Phi Phi, Samui, Tao, are all chav sites, but have parts untouched,you can even have a decent time at the Chav Mecca of Phangan.

There are plenty of awesome places in the south, just the big places are going to have more drunken people and places that overcharge.
Again, Phuket town is not horrid.
And Angkor wat really is that nice, been twice. Might go a third time this summer since my gf has never been.
>>
>>1072056
Fuck no, Koh Tao, Ao Nang and Railay/Phra Nang/ Phi Phi are gorgeous. All have a few chavs but they're easily avoided
>>
>>1071993
OP here

I'm flying into bangkok and have to get to phuket. How long should I set the layover?

I arrive at BKK at 7.05 AM (hopefully), would a ticket to HKT at 10AM be to early?
>>
>>1071993
>Staying in Thailand is a no no
>cambodia

If your gf is worried about you being in Thailand alone, Cambodia is more debaucherous
>>
>>1072243
Its not due to her.
I just don't like it. Hell, for all I care I could head to Nana Plaza, but I don't like it.

I mean, I'm currently thinking about ditching cambodia and visiting Northern Thailand and Vietnam, instead of leaving right away.
>>
>>1072243
You're kidding me.

Where in Cambodia is more debaucherous than Bangkok or Pattaya?
>>
>>1072259
Cambodia is like Thailand 20 or 30 years ago. The pussy is cheaper, the drugs freer, and a lot of underage girls. Cambodia is where all the super super scummy Thai expats and English teachers went when Thailand started cracking down/modernizing.
>>
File: cirque du khmer.jpg (45KB, 727x568px) Image search: [Google]
cirque du khmer.jpg
45KB, 727x568px
>>1072022
Pic related.
>>
>>1072259
What the fuck. Thailand is quite modernized these days, and while all the prostitution stuff is still there, it's nowhere near what you'd think from some sjw documentaries. Now Cambodia is like the Wild East. Anything is allowed as long as you have money. All the pedophiles and drug addicts go to Cambodia, not Thailand.
>>
>>1072315
This guy knows. I imagine >>1072259 didn't venture off the beaten path much outside his Siam Reap and knock off Cirque de Soleil
>>
>>1072327
>>1072259 and the Cirque-mentioning guy are n the same guy.

I'm the Cirque guy, I have no opinion on debaucherisitic potential in SEA countries, relative to one another: brought my on with me.
>>
So, should I drop a destination in favor of properly touring Vietnam and Thailand?
>>
>>1072315
I'd say it's all still there in Pataya, but it's a bit more hidden than it is in Cambodia. I majorly agree with you though.
Cambodia is equal parts fucked and awesome
>>
People talking about the debaucheries of Cambodia. Wild west in which way? Is it not super dangerous to smoke weed there as well?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.