[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the trip i am planning, on a 110cc $400 fake honda motorbike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: bike ride trip.png (1MB, 1619x1205px) Image search: [Google]
bike ride trip.png
1MB, 1619x1205px
This is the trip i am planning, on a 110cc $400 fake honda motorbike i'll buy in Hanoi.

I've worked out 16 days of riding, going only 200km a day, 21 days when you include days to gear up and days set asside for just relaxing on a beach, and will make flight bookings for 25 days to allow for more fuck ups along the way

my dad is trying to get me to cut out Cambodia and Thailand and stick to one country. But i really want some Thai food... thoughts?
>>
>motorcycle
>3000km
>SE Asia
Don't forget your travel insurance.
>>
File: me in a few months guys.jpg (573KB, 1277x958px) Image search: [Google]
me in a few months guys.jpg
573KB, 1277x958px
>>1071539
I won't forget insurance, and i'll wear gear and ride slowly. I'll only be on one of these things
>>
>>1071525
Also, i am a 25 year old virgin, should i try and lose it whilst i am there? with other western tourists of course not prostitutes
>>
Here's a small tidbit of info that might be useful for you OP.

Prime Minister Hun Sen has announced that very soon, motorbikes 125cc and below, do not need a driver with a license. This will probably enable you to drive through Cambodia and pay less bribes. Google "Hun Sen" and 125cc for more info.

Also, you might want to cross Vietnam's southern border near Kampot and Kep, and avoid Phnom Penh, for sanity and safety.
>>
>>1071545
>should i try and lose it whilst i am there?
yes
>with other western tourists of course not prostitutes
no
>>
>>1071545
>with other western tourists of course not prostitutes
Just get your dick wet, don't over analyse things
>>
>>1071545
>of course not prostitutes
You are doing it wrong anon. Prostitutes are people too, with needs just like anyone else. The trick is to get bad girls without paying for them. Good girls generally do not go out with whiteys. The social stigma is too big.

Your youth is an advantage here. As far as looks go, a 5/10 in your home country could be regarded as a 9/10 in Phnom Pen.
>>
>>1071670
>and avoid Phnom Penh,
the only thing to see there is the insanely overbuilt infrastructure, i'm there to see AngkorWat and ride though cool scenery, Cambodia isn't a fun place really

>>1071682
>>1071678
>>1071682
>Prostitutes are people too, with needs just like anyone else.
now that line is pretty convincing...
>>
>>1071525
What should i pack guys?
>>
>>1071525
200km per day won't give you much time or energy to do anything enjoyable.
>>
>>1071525
You can get a fake Honda for less than that, I paid $180 and still probably paid too much. Totally ran it into the ground and sold it for $120 at the end.

I just went from Hanoi to HCMC, but I can tell you that you don't really have enough time to get all the way to Bangkok comfortably. A month just for the Vietnam leg would be nice, allowing for lots of rest days and side trips that aren't necessarily on the way.

2-300km a day in Vietnam on a 110cc is literally a whole day of riding. On your riding days you cant plan on doing anything else at all.

>>1071730
As little as possible. A 40L backpack straps nicely to the back of a little Honda. You want jeans and a light cotton shirt to ride in (the shirt wont protect you for shit, but it stops sun burn). Also consider some gloves for the same reason.
>>
>>1071525

Its very difficult to get your motorbike across boarders.

Look into that and see if its viable.
>>
Thailand doesn't accept Vietnamese license plates FYI.
>>
>>1071759
After some googling and reading some incredibly arrogant postings on travel forums by people who have never been to SE asia ("you wan't any advice on a trip to Vietnam? DONT DO IT!" "Why would you want to go to vietnam? it's a dangerous country our country destroyed, it's a bit offence for you to just want to be a tourist in it after all that.")

it seems that Thailand may not like my motorbike. Vietnam and Cambodia don't give a shit, but Thailand can be a hit or miss. people have done it but it could really screw up the end of the trip. considering just doing the Vietnam part
>>
File: nam.png (1MB, 1909x1309px) Image search: [Google]
nam.png
1MB, 1909x1309px
>>1071862
New plan, a month in Vietnam, north to south

Got a rough plan until just after Hue, there is a mountain pass on the coast i want to ride, it's almost abandoned since they built a tunnel under it. after that i don't really know where to go except roughtly to HVM city and then explore the southern part of Vietnam until my flight leaves

and prostitutes and backpackers of course, going to lose my virginity on this trip because i'm 25 and this is just silly now.
>>
VN Resident for 5 years here.

1. Make sure you have an intl. license that includes an A1 or A category for a motorbike. Yes Police will only fine you a little if not but if you crash and mangle yourself your insurance are less likely to pay up.

2. Going via Ha Long and Thanh Hoa means you are on very crowded and dangerous roads that are not that pretty. Your previous route was a lot nicer for riding on. If you want to go to Ha Long then take a bus/boat tour and save yourself the stress. The roads are crap for riding on there. Trust me I've done it.

3. Lose your virginity sure but careful where you get the service. Some prostitutes have been known to drug/rob unsuspecting tourists in some larger cities. I've never dealt with them so not sure. I'd not recommend falling in love or getting services in Hai Phong if that suddenly appeals since the whole place is Mafia/dodgy money.

Good luck and enjoy. Remember the more you spend on a bike means the less likely you'll be having to get the engine rebuilt in some small town with one mechanic who wants to send his kids to Australia.
>>
File: lucky.jpg (2MB, 1728x2304px) Image search: [Google]
lucky.jpg
2MB, 1728x2304px
>>1071691
>Cambodia isn't a fun place really

i disagree. phnom penh was a shitshow for sure, but it was an entertaining shitshow.

and if you have any interest in animals at all take the betelnut tour to phnom tamao. abosulte highlight of my trip, and i usually hate organized group shit.
>>
>>1071978
There is a road just south of hue, a mountain pass, after that i am thinking of taking the Ho Chi Minh highway or just going further inland to avoid the asia 1 highway
>>
Lol got the idea from the pro skaters who rode thru VietNAM on shitty motorbikes?

https://vimeo.com/47610653
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.