[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It kinda bores me to read travel reviews of dangerous places

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: quCmz3M.jpg (56KB, 338x550px) Image search: [Google]
quCmz3M.jpg
56KB, 338x550px
It kinda bores me to read travel reviews of dangerous places as "safe and full of friendly people".

Can I have some true travel horror stories ? Tourists that act as if the 3rd world is just like the western world, tourists that visit warzones, kidnapping by local militias, etc etc.

Pic related, two dutch girls that thought it was going to be a good idea to travel into the Panama jungle without a guide.

>http://www.elitereaders.com/photos-tourists-mysteriously-disappeared/
>>
http://www.otherhand.org/home-page/search-and-rescue/
>>
>>1070879
>1.84 meters
>literally 6 foot

Shit damn maybe someone thought they were sasquatch and shot them
>>
File: PercyFawcett.jpg (164KB, 705x1147px) Image search: [Google]
PercyFawcett.jpg
164KB, 705x1147px
>>1070879
>lol, its just the amazon
>>
>>1070879
They made some Panamanian dude's dreams cum true.
>>
>>1070922
I came here to post this
>>
>>1070879

Dunno but judging by those photos they're well raped by now
>>
>>1070879
>Central America
not even once
>>
File: 1426195975316.jpg (152KB, 590x387px) Image search: [Google]
1426195975316.jpg
152KB, 590x387px
>>1070879
>without a guide
>>
Are mexican men that disgusting that they would rape woman? You can go into the forest in USA and not only NOT get raped, but a friendly park ranger would help you around. But in Mexico areas ,they get raped by disgusting men? Fucking nuke that disgusting place
>>
It kinda bores me to read travel reviews of safe and full of friendly people places as "dangerous".
>>
File: 1452717457311.jpg (58KB, 580x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452717457311.jpg
58KB, 580x720px
>>1071776
/tumblr/
>>
>>1070879
I was in Panama at the beginning of last year so only a year after they disappeared. In Panama going into the jungle on your own is really easy. Even in national parks you can just enter without anyone giving a fuck. On the other hand in Costa Rica you now need guides to enter most parks after there was string of foreigners who disappeared after trekking on their own.

People really are stupid. These girls probably just got lost, injured, maybe attacked by some animals (there are plenty there in that part of the world). I doubt they came in contact with other humans. I know it's cool to do this amazing exploring in a foreign land but you have to be well prepared.
>>
File: dieter-laser_284254.jpg (170KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dieter-laser_284254.jpg
170KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>1071784

I hear Afghans are very friendly and caring people. Especially if you're a boy.
>>
I went on a volunteering trip to Ghana, which is one of the safest countries in Africa, but still saw some violence that made me uneasy. A local guy robbed some bread from a store and was caught by the owner, and soon enough a mob was around the guy beating him half to death. My Ghanaian friend told me that they would take the man away and bash his head in with a concrete slab. I have no idea if they did this in this instance, or if it's commonplace, but he was being serious. As an obvious foreiger I'm pretty sure that I'd be safe from that sort of violence, but some Canadian girls I met told me that they'd been held up by a guy with an AK47, so whites aren't completely safe either.

Some people I knew were in a partner project in a poor township in South Africa at the same time. If I remember correctly, one guy broke curfew and got drunk one night, and on his walk home he got stabbed and robbed, and flew home shortly after. Later on there was an incident where some members of the group went swimming in the ocean but hadn't accounted for the current, and were swept out to sea. Some were rescued by the coast guard, but two girls died.

These instances are sad, but there's not a whole amount you can do about it. I think as 'travellers' we get a bit carried away because it's becoming easier and easier to visit more extreme places, but you really have to respect the place you're going (i.e. learn about it and understand the way of life), otherwise these incidents will become more commonplace.
>>
>>1070879
Literally just got home from Nicaragua. Been there since Christmas beboping around the country. Things got a little sketchy for me in Grenada of all places. Walked home from the bar my casita was just a few block away. Always have a blade on me. My casita. Has some security lights but is at the very end of the street. To shady Nics come around the corner as I'm unlocking my door. One kinda lunges at me but I just smashed his face with the steel door. Pop out my blade and just walks towards the other guy who scurries away like a cockroach. Leave homie where he lies lock up and sleep like a baby. Next day homie is there step over him and get a cab to Managua. Hope he's not dead.
>>
>>1071817
There's a few places which media makes out to be dangerous but are actually really safe. And nice to visit too.

>Iran
>Myanmar
>DPRK
>>
>>1072047
Easy to get girls in Nicaragua? Do they have White God syndrome?
>>
>>1072334
Couldn't agree more on this one. Especially the DPRK (North Korea)
>>
>>1073283
It makes sense really. They would absolutelly hate the bad press that a tourist getting hurt in their wonderfull paradise would bring.

Also, I have heard they have some good food that even some south koreans enjoy.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.