[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USA college student trying to study abroad here. What are your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

USA college student trying to study abroad here. What are your opinions on the following options for choice of country to study in:

-no english at all
-most people speak english as a secondary language
-almost all english (e.g. England, Ireland, ect.)

Which of these do you think I should pick and why? I'm pretty much monolingual aside from elementary spanish I picked up in highschool.
>>
>>1070723
2 and 3. You're there to learn, you can't learn advanced materials if you don't know the language.
>>
In every developed (non English speaking) country educated people are at least bilingual.
>>
File: nice desu.jpg (52KB, 467x413px) Image search: [Google]
nice desu.jpg
52KB, 467x413px
>>1070723
American University of Paris.

Pretty easy to get in, no french required to learn, but you're still in paris, experiencing the city, learning the language/culture. /TRV/ hates paris, and while they're right to, Paris isn't so bad if you're actually there to work or study.

Even if you aren't the girl you posted, you will have fun at the many parties they host. I'm at the Sorbonne, and I get to go to plenty ofAUP parties, and they're a blast. There're people who stay there for one semester, two, and some who do the four years there. They accomodate for most situations. Most events are free, and from what I understand the teachers are chill and you get to visit most of the tourist shit with teachers that actually know their shit. Art history is a huge success there, louvre and all.

Since its an american university, the classes you take will directly transfer to US colleges if you decide that you don't want to stay abroad. Its a good way to try out the lifestyle you want, (you're in a dorm, with people, in a foreign country, studying, partying) and if you want to go back to the states, you can.

Traveling out of paris is probably the best thing ever. Most trains/flights go to paris, and by extension, you can go anywhere in europe and further out from there. Also, I know that AUP hosts trips over break that go from Nantes to Venice to Egypt.

I know that it's definetly a good choice for trying out the foreign lufestyle without totally comitting. It's a lot of fun, and easy to come back to the states.

Academicly, it's not too hard, but they have lots of specialized courses. it's not Harvard, but you can focus on stuff like Business and stuff. Again, I'm at the Sorbonne and there're def better people you could ask for the academics side of the AUP program.

Also, like >>1070834 said, you can be in Paris and live off of only english. Some people WILL hate you for it, but many Anglophones live many years in Paris only knowing a few words.

Hope this helped.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.