[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Slovenia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: slovenia-134221.jpg (222KB, 760x275px) Image search: [Google]
slovenia-134221.jpg
222KB, 760x275px
Hi,

I've been to Slovenia twice before and I absolutely loved it for many reasons. My wife and I have already seen:
- Bled / Vintgar
- Bohinj / Vogel / Slap Savica
- Triglav National Park / Vrsic Pass / Soca valley / Slap Kozjak
- Ljubljana
- Postojna caves
- Skocjan caves
- Piran / Izola / Sečovlje salt-pans / Portoroz

We've been to some of these things twice actually. We're thinking about going to Slovenia again because we love the country.

Maribor is on our to-visit list and should be fun. But other than that, what things (particularly in the east of Slovenia as we haven't been to that area) should we go see?
>>
Ps.
We don't care about horses, so we don't really think we'd like Lipica.

And we've already seen Predjama as well.
>>
Ps ps.
We already saw Mostnica gorge as well.
>>
Slovenian here, originally from Velenje, grew up in Celje. Both cities are within one hour drive from Maribor, both cities have pretty cool castles but you can spend max two hours on any of these sights before you get bored. Ptuj is the oldest city in Slovenia so you can be certain you will see some old cool stuff there. City of Laško has a very good fine dining restaurant on the castle called Pavus if you are into that sort of thing. East of the country has a lot of spas but you will mostly find old drunk russians there. Certian hills are known for good quality wine. If you have any specific questions, fire away.
>>
>>1070157
Thanks!

Good vinyards are always welcome! Would be great to visit some. I had an amazing bottle of Kristancic last time I was there.

Anything involving wildlife and hiking is nice too.
>>
>>1070189
You have Pohorje to the west of Maribor, which is a popular hiking spot in the summer and there is a nice trail between the cities of Slovenj Gradec and Maribor. It is about 75km long and If you are feeling fit, you can do it in two days but most people take three or four days to make it. You have many cottages along the way so you can spend the night for little money, food can be a bit expensive so it is advisable to bring your own. You can also check out a hill called Boč, where on a good day the sights are amazing. Can't really recommend any specific vineyards but the hills around Maribor, Slovenske Konjice and Ljutomer have many of them.
>>
Hey, I've been thinking for a while. How could I live in Slovenia? My preferences are as warm as possible in the winter and cheap. So rural is fine, but maybe not on top of a mountain. Any suggestions?

(Sorry, to hijack your thread OP, at least it's a bump.)
>>
Ptuj is definitely worth a visit
>>
File: St_Kirik_in_Slovenian_Istria.jpg (184KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
St_Kirik_in_Slovenian_Istria.jpg
184KB, 800x600px
>>1070759

The only place that comes to mind is the Istria region. Obviously the closer you are to the sea, the more expensive is the housing.
>>
>>1071820
That is warm! ...and expensive. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see if maybe I can find a good deal. Otherwise I might have to be a little colder than that.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.