[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lisbon/Barcelona/Athens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: EMEA-athens.jpg (228KB, 1400x885px) Image search: [Google]
EMEA-athens.jpg
228KB, 1400x885px
I want to go to one of these cities with my girlfriend for a week in February but I'm having trouble choosing. We're on a rather tight budget and we'd stick to sleeping in a cheap hostel or airbnb room and mainly eating cheap stuff from supermarkets. We plan on eating out somewhere not too expensive a few times and getting coffee at cafes.

Barcelona
>have been to before, favorite city that I've ever been to
>moderately expensive (100 euro flight both way)
>lots of stuff to do, hard to get bored + a lot of this stuff is free or cheap (ie renting out a bike or chilling on the beach with a book)

Lisbon
>have never been to Portugal before
>price-wise approximately the same as Barcelona (flight+accommodation+everything on-site)
>we're worried that we might get bored though there's the possible option of exploring other parts of Portugal though it might not be possible for us if it's not cheap

Athens
>have never been to Greece before
>flight is 50 euro 2-way, accommodation is cheaper, cafes/food/stuff to do is definitely cheaper, with all of this taken into account we could enjoy ourselves a lot more while we're there
>not really sure what to expect, worried it might not be as "nice" as Spain or Portugal
>>
Bonus question: Is Athens actually much cheaper than Spain/Portugal or is it comparable? I haven't actually checked the prices in Greece I just assume with the crisis and stuff it's a cheaper country.
>>
>>1069133
I am actually heading to Lisbon in february with my girlfriend.
I chose that city, because it is well known that Lisbon is a beautiful city.
A few years ago we have been in the south of Portugal and we did not regret it! Really nice coast!
But I think tourist spots are always expensive.. in the west.
>>
>>1069133
>>1069426

Lisbonfag here. I wouldn't recommend it in February, as it's not a very pleasant city if the weather isn't great. At least you can eat really fucking well for really fucking cheap.
>>
>>1070169
Too late, i booked already.

I will stay for 3 nights.

Waht do you recommend to do in Lisbon?
>>
>>1070468
If the weather is nice I definitely recommend heading to Belém for the sights. Terreiro do paço also has a nice riverside scenery. If you don't mind a 30 min train ride, Sintra and Cascais are good sights as well.

Bairro Alto is a place with amazing nightlife and my favorite bars there "Páginas Tantas"and "Alface Hall". Just near Bairro Alto there is a place called "O Purista" which is a bar and a barber shop serving some fine beer (also a fine place to stop during the day), but the music is a bit of a hit or miss.

Obviously, it wouldn't be a visit to Portugal without some amazing food. Mercado da Ribeira is the go-to place to eat in Lisbon, with a big selection of small restaurants. However, it is a bit crowded and, just behind it there's a restaurant called "Sala de Corte" which serves amazing meat and has excellent service. Right next to both of those you can find Café Taiti, which I don't like very much as a restaurant, but love as a Café to order some coffee, some ginja and chill for a bit. By the way, ginja is a local cherry liquor which you must absolutely try.

Some other stuff:
- Park bar, a bar on the top of a parking lot, is a great place to watch the sunset
- Go to Santini for amazing ice-cream
- Pizzaria do Bairro is a good pizzeria that's open until really late, pretty cheap and pretty good
- Vestigius is a pretty comfy bar, but they've cut down on the live music lately so meh
- Fumeiro de Santa Catarina is a great tapas restaurant, and a really obsucre one as well
- Don't bother going to the parque das nações area unless you're really bored and the weather's really nice, since there's basically nothing there other than some decent sights
- Go to Choupana for the brunch of your life
- The gulbenkian gardens are pretty cool and a great way to feel like you're not in the middle of the city
- Café da garagem is another good place to chill with a great view, but be aware that it's quite the walk
>>
>>1070468
>>1070581

And there's some more great places to visit in Lisbon but this should already fill your agenda if you complement it with a travel guide for some more tourist-y stuff that I didn't mention. Enjoy and keep your fingers crossed for the weather.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.