[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much should I expect to spend on a plane ticket from Atlanta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 610492_orig.jpg (26KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
610492_orig.jpg
26KB, 500x375px
How much should I expect to spend on a plane ticket from Atlanta to Paris for a trip in 5 months?

Prices are about $1,000 direct, even less if I want to take Turkroach airlines with one layover ($820)

Should I anticipate them going down?
>>
File: 2015-10-18 023.jpg (6MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-18 023.jpg
6MB, 5312x2988px
Even though I would unleash the flammenwerfers without a doubt on Turkey, I just want to contribute by saying that flying with Turkish has been a very, very pleasant experience.
>>
>>1068822

Really? I've been spoiled ever since Korean Air, and I'm kinda looking forward to the free booze

I'm afraid ISIS is going to blow me up, but I guess my chances are equal on AirFrance to Paris if I'm letting my paranoia make the decisions.
>>
>>1068826

let me clarify, Turkish Airlines doesn't serve alcohol right?
>>
File: 2015-11-01 001.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-01 001.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>1068828
I was flying Sofia - Istanbul - Tunis, progressively going more Islamic, it had free and varied alcohol and meals on all 4 flights. Also additional water, coke and fanta and ayran. Food was pretty good, as pictured. It was always different, crew was nice and helpful. What else is there? I played some shitty-ass java pool and some other games 4 free.
>>
You can get a ticket 4 $300 lol
>>
>>1068840

bullshit, sauce?

>>1068831

This may come across as autistic, but do you think it is worth it to save $150 and fly Turk, or spend the 1g for AirFrance.

It's 11 hours in the air, so I'm cautious.
>>
>>1068846
What is the flight time difference between both options i.e. how long is your 1 layover. If it's short, take the cheaper one, ~$150 is good money for 1 or 2 nights of decent entertainment. If its too long, is it viable to check out the layover destination as a mini trip? Going by that you have more time than money, always save the money for stuff, directs are cool, but transportation is not exactly the highlight of your trip.
>>
>>1068831
That Alien Invasion tower defence was the tits
>>
>>1068818
I've been to Europe about 8 times and leave in the deep south. Basically anything under or around $1k seems to be a fair rate.

I highly advise taking a direct flight. Connecting after a trans-Atlantic flight is miserable and often a very short window. It's less than $200. Just bite the bullet.

Have you played with Google flights? It's the absolute best resource to plan a trip.
>>
>>1068846
>worth it to save $150 and fly Turk?
Turkish Airlines is an excellent airline. What is the problem?

>It's 11 hours in the air
Peanuts. Bring a Xanax. Dinner - movie - coma - breakfast. Easy.
>>
>>1068991
>Have you played with Google flights? It's the absolute best resource to plan a trip.

Never used this before, thanks. Looks helpful.

> It's less than $200. Just bite the bullet.

I might just do that

>>1069141

Do you really want to take a flight from Istanbul to Paris in this climate?
>>
>google flights
Is as good as kayak yet?

>turkish airlines
Only heard good things about them, and of course you get booze on your flight. Every airline worth flying with has booze included in medium to long haul flights! The only times I was flying dry, was with shit or budget airlines, like Delta, Germanwings and JetBlue.
But I am not sure what too think about the current situation in turkey.
Was in a similar situation like OP a month ago (Europe-SFO and back), and at one airport, turkish was also the cheapest option, but thanks to flying in the wrong direction for 5 hours, the flight was much longer. Combined with the unstable situation, I choose to spend 100€ more, and go for the 700€ flight.

>>1068818
>Atlanta to Paris
Maybe also check out other airports! Europe is pretty small, and we have great rail connections. For example the TGV from Stuttgart to Paris takes about 3 to 4 hours, and can be booked for down to 69€.
Maybe also worth checking out?
>>
>>1069298
Kayak is shit. Kayak will shop multiple sites for the dates and locations you put in. Good flights allows you to search lowest fare on all dates and even allows you to explore other locations. Far superior.
>>
>>1068991
im from north jersey, but have been living in chicago for a few years because of work.
i always save money and accumulate miles by buying flight to europe from new york or boston (whichever is cheaper) and a separate round -trip chicago-new york.
literally costs half as much.
i get an extra several hundred toward hookers/drugs this way
>>
>>1069201

wait wait wait, you think Istanbul is a bad airport to transfer at? are you kidding? It is nearly on par with Copenhagen in terms of all the nice shit it has in it.

Not to mention, Istanbul is a pretty awesome place to visit.

Finally, just because the flight is on Turkish Air doesn't mean it must transfer in Istanbul, it could transfer in many other places.
>>
>>1069298

Jet Blue isn't exactly what I'd consider a "budget" airline.

Free snacks, free drinks, 1 free checked bag, every domestic flight has directTV, and so on. Not exactly the same as Spirit or Ryan or Germanwings.
>>
File: the-more-you-know.jpg (67KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the-more-you-know.jpg
67KB, 1920x1080px
>>1068818
>Turkroach airlines

Turkish Air isn't bad. Plus, if you have a long layover in Istanbul, Turkish Air does free tours of Istanbul.

http://www.istanbulinhours.com/
>>
>>1069338

okay that is awesome. I suppose I need a layover of at least 5 hours right?
>>
>>1069201
>Do you really want to take a flight from Istanbul to Paris in this climate?
The chance of getting blown away in Fattistan is statistically much higher. Deal with it
>>
File: IST.png (65KB, 803x887px) Image search: [Google]
IST.png
65KB, 803x887px
>>1069341

This flight gives you a 14 hour layover and is less than $1000. Sure you have to overnight in IST, so we all weep for your misfortune.
>>
>>1069310
>Kayak is shit.
I dont think so, because
>Kayak will shop multiple sites for the dates and locations you put in.
that is exactly what I want it to do. Google flights also does the same, but I always find cheaper flights on kayak.
>Good flights allows you to search lowest fare on all dates and even allows you to explore other locations. Far superior.
OK, I guess if you just want to get from roughly somewhere in the vicinity of A to somewhere in the greater vicinity of B, at some point in 2016, for some time between 1 and 4 weeks, then I suppose that is indeed a great thing to have. But in my case, I can at max pick between 3 start and end airports, and have maximum 3 days of flexibility, both of which I can do with kayak.

>>1069334
>Jet Blue isn't exactly what I'd consider a "budget" airline.
>Free snacks, free drinks, 1 free checked bag, every domestic flight has directTV, and so on.
either they have changed it, or you flew with a different JetBlue than I did.
I do admit I got a tiny, tiny pack of chips, but with lufthansa et al, I get a full sandwich, most of the time. Drinks where stupidly expensive, and I had to pay for my bag. However, yes, they had TV (why?) and I got put into their "even more space" section, which was quite OK. dont get me wrong, I knew what I was getting into, and the price was right, and for a 1.5h LAS-SFO hop, their service was perfectly adequate, but for me, that is all the definition of budget (though not crap. That tier is reserved for Delta, AA and RyanAir and such shit).

>>1069344
>>Do you really want to take a flight from Istanbul to Paris in this climate?
>The chance of getting blown away in Fattistan is statistically much higher. Deal with it
True. And even truer if you replace "blown away" with "(accidentally) getting shot by a fellow >muh freedums burger".
But, besides this risk of getting killed (however big or small that might be), there is I think a quite a bit higher risk of getting delayed or rerouted.
>>
protip: Kayak, hipmunk, Google flights, and pretty much every other online travel site uses the same flight availability database: ITA Matrix. ITA Matrix is owned by Google.

You can use the database directly but you cannot book from it. What this means is if you want to book one of these fares and you cannot replicate it on the sites for kayak, google flights, hipmnk, expedia, United, Delta, Air France, etc., then you will have to either call the airline and have their agent book it manually or get a meatspace travel agent to book it for you.

https://matrix.itasoftware.com/
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.