[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me find a place to relocate to in the USA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1450314141384.jpg (659KB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1450314141384.jpg
659KB, 1800x1800px
I live in the USA (Chicago) and I am thinking about relocating somewhere else because as soon as Illinois, which is BROKE, can't afford to hand out food stamps anymore, all hell will break loose.

I'd like to move out to a more rural location, yet still within a few hour drive of a larger city if need be. Living near a quaint, artsy small town is good too.

I love to garden, and food production/self-sustainability is a high priority for me. I'd like to live where land and housing is cheap and own a few acres. I'm politically more on the conservative side. I like small towns with artsy/historic flair, tighter communities, places that have farmers markets, art fairs, mom and pop stores, with independent people concerned with keeping their city nice and their bodies healthy. A huge plus if the community is into self-sufficiency too. I kind of got that vibe when I visited WA state but there's a lot of "progressive left" people that that spoils it for me.

I enjoy having 4 seasons, although I'd like to move where winters are a little more mild than Chicago winters. Internet connection is a must since I do a lot of business online. Looking for natural beauty, relaxed life, and maybe some hills/mountains since IL is flat. I feel better with northern/yank blue-collar US culture or PNW culture better than southern US culture. Never been to the southwest so I can't comment on that.

Any good suggestions as to where to relocate? Obviously I'd visit places first and get a good feel of the vibe there.
>>
Go move to North Carolina. If you want that rural lifestyle head towards the mountains but you'll still be within an hour or two drive of Asheville and Boone. Its got the vibe that you are looking for and it doesn't have too many "progressive lefties" out there. Being in the mountains you'll have some snow but nothing like it is up north. Also North Carolina has a good reputation for having a friendly population, especially in the region area. I live in the Piedmont but its a few hours drive to the mountains and its not very rural here.
>>
>>1068619
Thanks.

The one and only thing that keeps me from being extremely interested in that area is the hot, humid summers. I can't stand them!
Cold, snow > hot & humid
But mountains always provide shelter and interesting weather patterns locally.

I'll check it out!
>>
Oregon or Washington. If you want to avoid the wacky liberals just stay out of the Seattle/Portland areas. Of course there are liberals in other places in those states but less than you would expect.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.