[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hitchhiking to Portugal from Barcelona

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: spain.jpg (689KB, 2172x1518px) Image search: [Google]
spain.jpg
689KB, 2172x1518px
Has anyone done this? I'm flying into Barcelona with my GF on the 6th of February and we'd like to get to Portugal in 4-5 days max. We're not sure on the route, could you guys advise?

We've already seen Barcelona so we might just spend the evening there or a day tops. We haven't been to Madrid but we're wondering if it might be a better route by going along the coastline.
>>
>>1068005
>Hitchhiking in Spain
It's bloody difficult, however not impossible. It will take long hours of waiting to get rides, I'd recommend getting a shared ride since the hassle is not worth the savings.
>>
>>1068008

Is it like this everywhere in Spain? I've noticed for example in my country there are areas and types of roads where it's tough to get a ride, and other regions where it's quite easy. Shouldn't the coastline route be a decent chance?
>>
>>1068010
When you're hitchhiking through Spain most people that will pick you up are tourists and people from France. I went hitchhiking from Barcelona to Valencia to Sevilla a while ago and relied fully on other tourists. It's not impossible like >>1068008 said. But it will be hard because it isn't really tourist season when you are going.
>>
One more thing, is it worth going over to Morocco for a day or two?
>>
>>1068019

I just realized the ferry is like 70 euro two way, something out of our budget range.
>>
Anyone else? We'd like to buy our tickets today so I'm looking for some more input
>>
>>1068018
>When you're hitchhiking through Spain most people that will pick you up are tourists and people from France

I can confirm hitchhiking is still pretty popular in France. During one year I hitchhiked almost everyday to come home after school, my sister and her girlfriend have done it from Paris to Strasbourg without any problem and I did it once to reach Andorra from 300km away
>>
in 4-5 days? looks really hard. Completely dump your plan of doing the mediterranean route. The green route, 1100km, that's 2 days of driving, 1 if you don't stop in the whole day.

hitchiking doubles that trouble. I doubt you'll get very lucky in the part between Madrid and Merida specially.

It also leaves you with little time for sightseeing. If I was you I'd extend your time to at least a week, or just rent a car.
>>
>>1068022

You can hitch the ferry to Morocco (from Algeciras) with a truck driver. You get a free ticket, free food at the cafeteria and you can shower as well. Did it myself a yearish ago. It's all legal (spoke to a cop that was patrolling the harbour before doing so).

From Morocco to Spain I've heard it's harder though
>>
>>1068473

We're doing this trip on a budget which is why we're hitchhiking it. If it turns out that getting a ride is not that easy then we might just send up taking a blablacar to Lisbon. I've had decent luck with hitchhiking before but I've never done it in Spain, I'm hoping to get some input from people that have done it there.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.