[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you hold multiple citizenships? If you live in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 13

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Why don't you hold multiple citizenships?
If you live in North America, why don't you have Nexus?
>>
>having dual citizenship
>not having a EU passport

sorry OP
>>
Added tax burden, no real benefits. Also have security clearance with US government and they wouldn't like it.

Could get a German passport though my mom.
>>
File: cad.jpg (25KB, 574x248px) Image search: [Google]
cad.jpg
25KB, 574x248px
>>1067501
>If you live in North America, why don't you have Nexus?
>>
I have never et run into any situation where the one passport nd citizenship I hold disadvantages me.

OP, other than eliciting responses on /trv/, what advantages do you see?
>>
I don't even have an American Passport. I just have an enhanced license, so I can drive the 30 minutes up to Canada whenever I want
>>
>>1067501

I have an Australian and American passport.

I don't even know what to do with them.
>>
>>1067501
1. Because it isn't like you just send another country a friendly letter and they send back a passport.

>>1067554
Why would I want to go to Canada?
>>
File: Passporto.jpg (3MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
Passporto.jpg
3MB, 3648x2736px
>>1067501
>Why don't you hold multiple citizenships?
But I do
>>
>>1067501
ausfag here
I could have got a british passport or even a citizenship, but the bloody torries raised the cost ov everything to foreigners

the passport became too expensive, so fuck that
>>
>>1067898
>the passport became too expensive, so fuck that
How poor are you?
>>
Already have the best one, also known as a Finnish passport. Don't need sloppy seconds.
>>
>>1067501
>If you live in North America, why don't you have Nexus?
I live a long way from the border, so on the rare occasions I need to go to Canada, I fly. And when I fly I have Global Entry, which is effectively the same thing, I believe.
>>
>>1068066
Oh, and regarding citzenships/passports, thanks to the accident of my birth I have (and am eligible for) just the one (US). But it's more than enough for my purposes.
>>
UK and NZ passport. Has been useful a few times. To be honest, duel citizenship is more useful for being able to have more than one country to live in easily.
>>
I have a Canadian and EU passport. The reason I don't have a nexus is because I don't enjoy being anally probed by the US government.
>>
Because all my ancestors in both both going back ~4 generations were born in the same village. And my passport is Western European anyway.
>>
>>1067501
I have EU (thanks to my dad) and US. Really not that useful unless I decide to get a job ineurope some day. My Daughter has Japanese (thanks to my wife) and US, again not really useful and Japan will force her to decide which citizenship to keep
>>
>>1067621
How did Japan let you have dual citizenship
>>
>>1068171
I also have dual citizenship. You just keep quiet, and the Japanese government won't ask any questions.
>>
>>1067501

I should be eligible for Spanish citizenship via the Sephardic repatriation thing in Spain but apparently the whole thing is a shit show and Spain has failed to set up the bureaucracy to actually do it so I'll probably never do it.
>>
>>1068178
Same here, also I do not feel jewish in the least bit and there is no fucking way in hell I'd ever do a religious orthodox conversion and live under the tyranny of a rabbi.
>>
>>1067621
>>1068175
Were you guys naturalized? I've heard getting citizenship is somewhat difficult if you're not ethnically Japanese.
>>
>brags about US/Canada
m8
>tfw US/UK(EU)
>>
>>1068184
No, my parents are Japanese.
>>
1 powerful british/canadian/american passport is worth more than 50 shithole passports which can't get you into anywhere
>>
>>1067501

Because I don't want to hold more then a single citizenship. And I prefer Global Entry to Nexus. All the benefits, none of the BS.
>>
>>1068234
>canadian passport
>powerful
>>
Because my nation isn't independent yet. I am half Sardinian half Italian, which for now allows me to have an Italian passport.
>>
File: Lebanese.png (24KB, 277x633px) Image search: [Google]
Lebanese.png
24KB, 277x633px
>>1068184
>>
>>1068245
We have just as many benefits as you excluding maybe one or two countries.
>>
>>1068245
The best thing about the Canadian passport is that other than Iran no one gives a fuck about us so we don't get questioned.
>>
>>1067591
>enhanced license
I thought you needed to actually have a passport stashed somewhere to apply for the enhanced license?

>>1067898
>I could have got a british passport
>the passport became too expensive
An EU passport is worth its weight in gold. Go get it.

>>1068181
>I do not feel jewish in the least bit and there is no fucking way in hell I'd ever do a religious orthodox conversion and live under the tyranny of a rabbi.
Do it, go to Spain, move to Basque County, join a cooperative. Learn Basque. Try to marry into a Basque family. Become one of the best micro-countries in the world.

Basque are awesome.
>>
>>1068357
>British passport
>EU passport after 2017
Top cake.
>>
>>1068246
>yet

certo caro
>>
>>1068622
>euroscepticism

They'll never pull out completely, it feels too good to be inside.

They just talk about it because they want the action but to convince people that it's 'safe'

Tories lie to their voters just like every other politician.

If they pull out, it will just be the tip, wanting tax laws etc that let their shareholders get away with non-dom status and shit.
>>
Lol at anyone bragging about passports that arent EU.

UK/AUS here
>>
File: 1445816043046.png (212KB, 474x309px) Image search: [Google]
1445816043046.png
212KB, 474x309px
>Tfw no swiss passport
>>
File: 1418538817780.jpg (130KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1418538817780.jpg
130KB, 1920x1080px
I could've had a British passport through my grandfather, but AFAIK the laws for inheriting a passport were changed several years ago. Fug.

Oh well, my Canadian one does fine.
>>
>>1067501
Which retard actually have a freedom passport and living aboard?
>Paying taxes for no reason hahah
>>
File: I Love to Laugh.jpg (10KB, 320x192px) Image search: [Google]
I Love to Laugh.jpg
10KB, 320x192px
>>1068648
>They'll never pull out completely, it feels too good to be inside.

Pervert.
>>
File: photo_2016-01-12_21-37-04.jpg (111KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-01-12_21-37-04.jpg
111KB, 1280x720px
>>1067501
But I do
>>
File: Finland_passport.jpg (74KB, 429x600px) Image search: [Google]
Finland_passport.jpg
74KB, 429x600px
This is what I have
>>
File: image.jpg (235KB, 1209x989px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
235KB, 1209x989px
Could any of you give me your thoughts on whether or not having a Luxembourg passport/citizenship would be worth it /trv/? I am from the US and recently found out I am eligible for citizenship in Luxembourg. I would appreciate any input
>>
>>1069524

unless you want to live or work in europe there's really no point because American passport is God tier. You would have a difficult time getting a job unless you are really skilled, and you certainly wouldn't fit in in luxembourg.

As a citizen I believe you would be entitled to their health care which I think is free. But then if you can afford to jet over to luxembourg for the doctor you are probably fairly well insured and wealthy in America so its probably not worth it, but maybe in certain situations it could be good.
>>
>>1068181

neither do I. I don't think you necessarily have to convert, but one of many criteria is having a rabbi "certify you or whatever" It's Spains fault for inquisitioning your family. I hear the whole process is fucked though. There was a great article about some guy whose family is one of the best known Sephardic families in the U.S., is Jewish, and fits all of the criteria and when he showed up the authorities had no idea what was going on and it seems there is no process so if you could actually do it is questionable.
>>
American father
German mother (she has a German passport)

Is this enough to hold dual? I only have an American passport. Born in America.
>>
>>1067501
Russian and Canadian.
Haven't ben to Canada in the last 10 years. wow
>>
>>1069564
you need to ask the german consulate if you qualify for a german passport. most likely not given that they frown on dual citizenship in germany but its best to ask anyway
>>
>>1069564
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_nationality_law
>>
>>1069642
>>1069644
thank you.
>>
>>1069642
yeah it think so too. You have to abandon your other citizenship unless it's a EU country
>>
>>1069892
>You have to abandon your other citizenship
Read the wiki link. That's only for naturalisation.

Being born a German citizen, which >>1069564 seems to be, allows dual citizenship with another country.
>>
>>1069564
Canadian father
German mother here

I have passports for both countries. I was born in Canada.
But yeah, contact the consulate, you might need some evidence or something.
I had a children's passport from Germany that I got when I was like 4 years old, it held up.
>>
>>1067501
Colombian-Australian here. At least the Australian one isn't terrible.
>>
>>1067501

Why the fuck would you want a canadian passport anyway if youre american, that's so goddamn retarded
>>
>>1069991
People tend to trust Canadians more
>>
Working on Portuguese citizenship now. U.S. native with mom born and raised Azores.
>>
>>1070367
U from fall reev/new beige?
>>
>>1067619
>Why would I want to go to Canada?
Because our dollar is shit and you can see our beautiful country for cheap.
>>
>>1068723
It's not easy to renounce Burger citizenship. You obviously will need to have another one ready before doing it. But if you are earning good amounts of money, it will be worth it. I think USA is the only country in the world that does double taxation like that.

>>1069524
Obviously. You'd get a free EU passport, what more could you ask for? There's literally no downside, and all the upsides. Go get it!
>>
what are best countries to easily hold multiple passports from?

>>1068689
iktf
>>
>>1070473
It's really a case by case basis on which countries are fine with multiple passports and with whom. Generally, if you have multiple passports, one from EU is great to have. More than one from EU is rather redundant though and won't bring much anything. EU + another developed country is probably the best combination. US passport has the downside of the tax burden though.
>>
File: 1390593345990.jpg (75KB, 498x682px) Image search: [Google]
1390593345990.jpg
75KB, 498x682px
>>1067501
I have a US passport + a Polish/EU passport.

Best combination?
>>
>>1070477
No. Canada+Netherlands passport=best combo.
>>
File: IMG_5226.jpg (325KB, 2048x1604px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5226.jpg
325KB, 2048x1604px
>>
>>1068694
you could still get it possibly anon-san. I am sure there are retrospective legal provisions that cover these types of situations. Double check with the consulate/embassy.
>>
>thinking having US citizenship and something better (e.g.: German, Australian, Canadian, Swiss) is worthwhile

Enjoy paying all that US tax, fella
>>
File: MEXICANMAN.jpg (66KB, 540x539px) Image search: [Google]
MEXICANMAN.jpg
66KB, 540x539px
>tfw I have a New Zealand Passport and a French Passport.

No double taxation for me, Freedom of movement and employment rights in Australia and the EU. Also I can pass on both of my citizenship to my children should i have any.
I wish Indonesia allowed for multiple citizenship or else I would be set. I really want to live in France but I don't speak any french. Is it possible to easily find work on a farm or something while i pick up the language or is the unemployment situation that bad.
>>
>>1067501
>giving up my passport so I can be a naturalised citizen of the country i have been living in for the last 10 years now
>nope.webm
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.