[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /trv/ thinking about going to Vietnam and from there crossing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1428572058429.jpg (114KB, 500x620px) Image search: [Google]
1428572058429.jpg
114KB, 500x620px
Hi /trv/

thinking about going to Vietnam and from there crossing into other nearby countries. Will I encounter any difficulties crossing the borders to say for example China or Laos?
>>
Check your passport power level, mong.
You're more than likely to encounter difficulties with China, they are difficult. Do the research, check the general threads at least.
>>
>>1067219
As long as you have the appropriate visas there shouldn't be any issues.
>>
File: 343434.png (162KB, 319x318px) Image search: [Google]
343434.png
162KB, 319x318px
Just a quick question again;

are any vaccinations recommended when traveling to SE asia? I've gotten tetanus a while back so I should be covered?

Also, how long does it take to get all the needed paperworks (ex. visa)?
>>
picture sauce?
>>
>>1068042

don't know, stumbled upon it somewhere ages ago
>>
>>1067962
>are any vaccinations recommended when traveling to SE asia?

Yes, depending n where you are going and for how long.

Share that with us, or use Google, for the information you ned.
>>
>>1068176

Possible locations Vietnam, Laos, China, Cambodia. Like I said I have tetanus and a few others that I got when I went to military about a year ago. (Conscription)
>>
>>1067219
>China or Laos
Laos and Cambodia are Visa-On-Arrival but you generally have to pay a bribe for Cambodia, maybe a USD$1-10 'processing fee' to thank the nice customs officials for not arbitrarily rejecting your visa. Usually you have to pay it even if you have it in advance.

China is a big deal and you'll need fake plane ticket bookings, hotel bookings, daily itinerary. Or just go through a travel agent so they can do it all for you.
>>
File: 1423505011319.jpg (153KB, 598x800px) Image search: [Google]
1423505011319.jpg
153KB, 598x800px
Ditched cambodia. Most likely going to be Thailand, Laos and Vietnam. So no real difficulties with those?

Thinking about maybe leaving China out aswell since it seems to be quite a big deal.

and thanks for all the replies so far.
>>
>>1068198
>Like I said I have tetanus and a few others that I got when I went to military about a year ago. (Conscription)
Dude. Use the websites. There's a list for each country, with some optional and only recommended for a certain type of traveler (side effect risk vs perceived risk), and you can compare it to your list. No matter what, your doctor can equip you with an appropriate prophylactic antibiotic as well.
>>
Can someone whose been to SEA recommend me some great, preferrably less known places? Some beaches, gulfs, just less touristy spots. That would be great.

Also, how do you deal with money in these countriess? If you leave the cities you obviously won't be able to use credit card that much so just carry loads of cash with you?
Maybe spread it to different places like two bags, pockets etc.? How likely are you even getting robbed in these countries? I take it they are fairly safe?
>>
>>1068351
>Laos and Cambodia are Visa-On-Arrival but you generally have to pay a bribe for Cambodia, maybe a USD$1-10 'processing fee' to thank the nice customs officials for not arbitrarily rejecting your visa. Usually you have to pay it even if you have it in advance.

Really? They did this to you?
>been to Cambodia six times
>VOA everytime
>no bribe paid
>paid extra $2 once because I forgot to bring a passport photo
Although I'm pretty sure they just stuck a generic white guy picture on my form

I even crossed the Prek Chak border on a scooter about 2 minutes before closing time. The guards had to retrieve the processing officer from a bar so he could stamp our Visas. Super nice guys.

Absolutely no reason to ditch Cambodia.
>>
>>1069173
Penang, Malaysia for the food.
Sihanookville, Cambodia for party, and the Koh Rong islands for peace. Or anywhere else on the southern coast, really. Rabbit Island, off Kep, is based for reading long books and eating $4 crab meals.
I had a ball riding around southern/central Vietnam, try and keep inland and off the major N/S roads and you'll be fine.
HCM is kinda spastic, crazy city. Good nightlife, and eating Pho on the way home from a nightclub is the best thing ever. Beware of hookers who grab your dick while their li'l sister grabs your wallet.
Phnom Penh is also a kinda fun place to write yourself off. Siam Reap has the temples, which are amazing, but that's it.
Never been to Laos. Most of my VN travel was on a scooter, and the best thing I ever did in Cambodia was on a trail bike, so unless you're into that, I have nothing more to give.
Although Indonesia has VOA, and I really enjoyed Sumatra. Lake Toba/TukTuk was super chilled, also literally not hot, and a very different pace to the above locations.

Um.. theft safety. Travelled around playing footy in SEA a lot. Lots of big nights, never been robbed. Theft mainly happens when you're drunk, or in a club. If you're doing either of those things, leave your phone and wallet at your hostel. Take a business card (so you can get home) cash in a few pockets, and an ID so the cops can ID the body when you snort heroin. Cos it's not cocaine.
Don't carry anything you can't afford to lose.
>>
>>1068351
>you generally have to pay a bribe for Cambodia
That is not my experience. Just bring a passport photo, and enough dollars or euros in smallish denominations (tens) to make up the 35-40 dollar visa fee and fill out the arrival card. If you still get hit, it is probably cause you have "victim" written on your forehead. Ask to see the boss.
>>
File: 1414363937589s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1414363937589s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
Thanks for the replies! Yeah definitely not ditching cambodia but i'm afraid i'll be skipping Laos instead, because it's not really on our route which would make things difficult.

Also if someone could answer some of the questions I asked in this post >>1069659 i'd be really grateful!

Thank you for being the most based board /trv/.
>>
>>1069688

nvm i'm blind
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.