[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Easter Island anyone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: easter island.jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
easter island.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
I am going on holiday in May and was thinking about spending it on Easter Island. Would it be worth visiting this world heritage site over any other places in South America?
>>
Imo, Good Friday Island is better.
>>
File: 704512-christmas-island.jpg (68KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
704512-christmas-island.jpg
68KB, 650x366px
>>1067117
>>1067126
Nah m8 go to christmas island, way better. Go by boat.
>>
>>1067117
Si, do it but don't book a tour. Tours are just extra money and last a couple hours a day, you could easily just get a cab anywhere in a few minutes, or rent a bike if you're fit enough. Whole place is like 60 square miles, you only need to book a hotel ahead of time and be aware that the internet on the island is agonizingly slow.

There's so many historic sites there, just make a list of 10 and do them over a few days. Or ask the hotel reception if there's a shuttle, even though a taxi will do.
>>
>>1067129
Christmas island is too far since its right next to Indonesia but thanks for the suggestion though.
>>
Aren't those flights extremely expensive? Where are you from OP?
>>
>>1067434
I would be flying out of Boston MA to Santiago. Then it would be from there to easter island.
>>
>>1067126
>>1067129
fuccin shite hit up that Arbor Day Island dog
>>
File: IMG_1610b.jpg (55KB, 864x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1610b.jpg
55KB, 864x1152px
>>1067438

It's expensive because there is only one company serving Easter Island.

I've been there in 2014. You can visit anything that is popular in just 2 days (by car that is).

Anything above that is chilling. There is a great beach on the other side of the island btw.
>>
>>1067604
Do you think half the time in Easter island and the other half in Santiago would be good? I have 11 days total.
>>
>>1067758
Yeah, 6 days in the easter Island and 5 in Santiago should be fine. 11 days just chilling is too much imo. But that's just me.
>>
>>1067758

Depending on the weather, yes. Mostly sunny though. I for myself liked the idea of being on a completly secluded island.

There is a souvenir shop in the town where most of the local artists sell their stuff. Pretty overpriced imo. In the vicinity of the airport is the Easter Island prison. They sell souvenirs made by the inmates, rather pricely.

If you rent a car, beware of horses. They are everywhere and there's no insurance for the car because of it. Also there's just one gas station.

I met a few people from Chile who did some sort of work/travel there. They said the islanders were all complete wackos. I don't speak any Spanish so I wouldn't know.
>>
Basically this is going to be my first time in South America and I just don't know where to go. I mean, would the Galapagos islands, rio or Buenos Aries be a better choice for a first timer?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.