[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is going on a working holiday worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: ocean.jpg (131KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
ocean.jpg
131KB, 500x281px
I'm thinking of going on a working holiday in New Zealand. Should I go for it? I don't want to end up in a job with shitty management and coworkers yet I understand this may happen.
>>
>>1066825
what country are you from? you can get a visa if you're in the uk
>>
>>1066825
It's worth it. It will be unlikely that you'll find a great job there but you will have a ton of fun. Basically you go for the fun and the fact that you'll be in another country for a year or two and will be able to earn money to support yourself as most people can't afford to travel for extended periods like this.

Any particular reason you want to go to NZ? Australia usually has better job opportunities and more things to do.
>>
>>1066903
>Australia usually has better job opportunities
Really? Are you talking about farm work or normal jobs in the city?
>>
>>1066915
Both. NZ only has 4m people, Australia over 20 and the land mass is a lot bigger. There will be more opportunities and better positions. Much better pay as well.
>>
File: 1438815620876.png (139KB, 686x342px) Image search: [Google]
1438815620876.png
139KB, 686x342px
>>1066825
I did a year in NZ on a whv and on my 6th month in oz and I thought nz was much better as far as work/people go. You make a little less money in nz but the kiwis I worked for were almost always better than the aussies. Nz feels a lot more laid back and has more opportunities for hiking/camping/fishing than most of oz. You won't find a city worth shit in nz though seems like most people go to bed early and the nightlife is pretty much non existant in most places unless you go to Queenstown which will be mostly foreigners. Cars and vans will also be a lot cheaper in new zealand if you're looking for a car. If I could go back to nz I would, had a pretty shit time in Australia working but I think I might just be unlucky but most backpackers will have some sort of oz horror story about not being paid/exploited (less so in major cities). It's up to what you're after really. Sorry about shit typing on mobile.
>>
>>1066825
my work is in constant demand for good workers. we are actually pretty desperate for french speakers. NZ office jobs are pretty cushy. Unless you work in a call centre you will be pretty sweet.
>>
>>1066915
australia has far better job opportunities than new zealand, and the jobs are better paying as well. this is coming from someone who has lived in nz and australia their whole life
>>
>>1066825
DO IT!

I have a few friends who've done exactly this, and it was the best time of their lives. Wish I didn't have such a good job, I'd be off in a heart-beat.
>>
It's definitely worth it if you want to devote yourself to single country for a long period of time.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.