[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leaving toReykjavik, Iceland

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (57KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 600x450px
I'm visiting Reykjavik, Iceland tommorow (Jan 8th) till the 14th. Any recomendations for places to eat, visit, drink???
I'm going solo so looking forward to visiting as much as I can.
>>
File: cows head iceland.jpg (72KB, 812x577px) Image search: [Google]
cows head iceland.jpg
72KB, 812x577px
Just in Reykjavik, or can you get around the country a bit?

Anyway, go to the Penis Museum because it's a penis museum.

Took my wife to dinner at link below, it was very good and swanky but expensive. But then, everything in Iceland tends to be expensive.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g189970-d2145648-Reviews-Sjavargrillid-Reykjavik_Capital_Region.html
>>
File: SAM_3689.jpg (7MB, 5472x3080px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_3689.jpg
7MB, 5472x3080px
>>1066514

Have you been there? When I was in Iceland I chose to not go there because people told me it was overpriced for basically just two rooms with conserved animal dicks.

>>1066499

Try to go to one of the public baths. The Blaa Lonid (Blue Lagoon) is fucking super expensive and you have to register online to buy a ticket but there ar elots of very nice baths directly in the city. I highly recommend visiting one, it's a very different experience than in other places, especially the hot pots.

As you might have found out already I'm a budget traveller, if you are too I recommend to go to the (only) camping in the city. It's a very nice place. Many people spending their last day in the country stay there and leave their left-over food and gas cartridges for everyone who might need some (so if you might need some of that for free its worth a night)

If you might want to travel a bit outside of the city (on a budget again) hitchhiking is very easy in Iceland (unless you're in some place where no car ever even drives by the whole day), people are VERY friendly.
>>
File: 20150901_130303.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20150901_130303.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1066514

Have you been there? When I was in Iceland I chose to not go there because people told me it was overpriced for basically just two rooms with conserved animal dicks.

>>1066499

Try to go to one of the public baths. The Blaa Lonid (Blue Lagoon) is fucking super expensive and you have to register online to buy a ticket but there ar elots of very nice baths directly in the city. I highly recommend visiting one, it's a very different experience than in other places, especially the hot pots.

As you might have found out already I'm a budget traveller, if you are too I recommend to go to the (only) camping in the city. It's a very nice place. Many people spending their last day in the country stay there and leave their left-over food and gas cartridges for everyone who might need some (so if you might need some of that for free its worth a night)

If you might want to travel a bit outside of the city (on a budget again) hitchhiking is very easy in Iceland (unless you're in some place where no car ever even drives by the whole day), people are VERY friendly.

I highly recommend going more to the countryside.
>>
sorry for doublepost, connection is slow..
>>
>>1066620
Double post with different pictures?
>>
Use the catalogue OP

>>1064205
>>
>>1066619
>The Blaa Lonid (Blue Lagoon) is fucking super expensive and you have to register online to buy a ticket but there ar elots of very nice baths directly in the city.
It's not expensive really for entrance to a spa like that. I don't get this interpretation at all. It's one of the main draws to Iceland really. You can buy tickets in person right there, no need to go online, but I suppose it's possible they have a full house. It is a good 45mins drive from Reykjavik, prettymuch closer to Keflavik.
>>
>>1066619
>>1066634
>From January 5th to January 21st, Blue Lagoon's main resort will be closed due to renovations. During this period, we will welcome you to the private lagoon at Blue Lagoon Clinic Hotel. Due to limited availability, pre-booking is absolutely essential.
>>
>>1066636
Errrrr....the hotel section is pretty small. I'm not even sure you want to go and pay full price in this case because that floating and wandering and away from all the people quality was so nice there. There was a swim-under waterfall, an against-the-current kind of circular swim area, and glass fronted steam rooms with another waterfall, and a nice little footbridge over that (see if all that will be open). The hotel section was kind of sectioned off, and wasn't near the swim-up bar or the great expanse of the rest of it. They dispense the algae and cold scrub masks from the bar. And, I don't think the free mud masks boxes are available on the hotel side either. Hrm.

It's a tasty restaurant with good people watching, interesting view on top of the building for photos, and the hotel has comfy beds (and not a bad deal if you want a final night room near the airport). But, if can't indulge in the big pool? Hrm. I can't understand if they think they will be overly full/sell out now.
>>
File: blue lagoon.jpg (166KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
blue lagoon.jpg
166KB, 800x533px
>>1066641
If you look at the bean shaped area at 10 to 11PM on this image, that's the hotel area. I understand they did eczema treatment and other "medical" things there before the final hotel was finished. I went before and after. The stuff at 2-3PM is all that good stuff you want, and of course that huge expanse of water was great. There's a real international crowd there, and for the most part quiet and reserved, but hearing 15 languages around you is nice and all, but nicer to paddle away with your blue lagoon complimentary cocktail and get total peace too.
>>
>>1066618
True enough, but still... how can you not go to a museum of dicks? Bragging rights/travel story points are almost infinite
>>
>>1066619

I second hitchhiking. I got halfway around the island in less than a day with some light to spare. Just be careful of where you're let off! By far the worst spot for me was over near Skaftafell. It was all tourists and most of them wouldn't pick me up or were headed to the park themselves. The local people, on the other hand, don't seem to have many reservations about picking up a person thumbing on the side of the road.

Interestingly, Iceland is one of the few countries where I was given rides by a few women.
>>
>>1066748
This happens in any remote part of the world, such as in eastern Russia. Local people will always stop because they realise that they might be the only person passing by and you might actually die out there on your own.
>>
Cafe Haiti, near Harpa, was a pretty chill place for some coffee and snacks. Not too expensive either.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.