[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are eurocucks so good at spotting Americans? I am never called

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: www.usnews.com.jpg (64KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
www.usnews.com.jpg
64KB, 620x413px
How are eurocucks so good at spotting Americans? I am never called out for being American despite my terrible French accent and people ask if I am Spanish or Italian because I am a little dark from being a quarter Mexican and a little Sicilian, but my white American friends who are white instantaneously get mocked and harassed wherever they go.

I typically wear sambas and slightly more fitted clothes than what Americans do but what makes them stick out like such sore thumbs?
>>
even without hearing them speak i can pick out euros pretty well and can often even id their country. facial structure and clothing tip off pretty well, though i can't name any specific cues i use.
>>
>>1065676
i would say bone structure and looks

if you had a pile of pictures and told me to separate americans and europeans, it'd be pretty easy imo
>>
I can always spot Americans in a number of ways.

-Americans usually have straight white teeth (this applies more to the younger generation)
-Americans are loud talkers
-Americans have a distinct accent and way of speaking English (Around the world everyone grows up hearing it in music, movies, tv etc)
-Americans have more bland facial features because they're usually mixed-up Europeans genetically (I don't mean this in a negative way, Americans are often better looking)
-Americans usually dress more casually and wear bigger sized clothing for their bodies
-Americans wear tennis shoes A LOT, and often they're bright white
>>
American here. I'm ethnically ambiguous and I wear reasonably expensive looking casual but respectable clothes that fit well. I'm also polite and soft spoken. People usually mistake me for a local, the only places this doesn't happen are Scandinavia, the American midwest (essentially a foreign country), and Cuba, but literally everywhere else in the world I'm assumed to be from around there.
>>
>>1065676
Because of the way they dress/walk... Their awkwardness triggered by cognitive dissonance when confronted with reality that contradicts the propaganda they grew up immersed in.
Also tubby.
north face khakis, boat shoes and pastel colored dress shirts give it away.
>>
>>1065676
it is the sense of fashion that is different, especially the footwear. Also the accent is quite obvious, since Americans do not have a very weird accent as most Europeeans do.

Another point is that Americans in Europe are quite often tourists without trying to hide that they're tourists. So walking around with maps and cameras in the open, not caring about walking into tourist traps where everything is much more expensive (cheap Dutch person here).
>>
File: euro fashion plates.jpg (175KB, 759x1067px) Image search: [Google]
euro fashion plates.jpg
175KB, 759x1067px
>>1065705
>boat shoes

Better boat shoes than the sandals/socks combo that so many Eurotards rock. Seriously, guys -- this is the worst look in the world.
>>
I'm black and never get called out for being American. I have been mistaken for local, African, and Middle Eastern. Typically only other blacks, whether American or African, CA peg me as American
>>
>>1065711
Hello Germany
>>
>>1065676
A lot of it is shoes. Big differences there. In fact, it's the one thing I'll match when I want to blend in somewhere. I buy a great deal of foreign shoes when I travel.

The other is that euros tend to wear horribly over-bleached jeans with excessive stitching and other gay type pants (by US fashion values). Being athletically sloppy casual when it doesn't need to be a casual situation at all. White socks with sneakers. Lack of soccer branded stuff (Adidas, Puma).The rest is height and teeth (as another said). Straitened teeth are normal in the US, and everyone is 3-4 inches higher than euro men. Big noses are taken care of straight away too. Short militaryish hairstyles are still the bigger norm, whereas in Europe it's longish as sort of a thumbs up at dress code workplaces that require it. You'll see more rebellious longer hairstyles and facial hair among the wealthy for that reason, as status, when others aren't allowed to do that except blue collar. Bizarre.

Features? Absolutely nothing american is anything predictable but some european lineage of some sort or other mixing. Anyone who says otherwise is kind of ignorant, but americans will be taller than the original country's lineage.
>>
>>1065758
>
The other is that euros tend to wear horribly over-bleached jeans with excessive stitching and other gay type pants (by US fashion values). Being athletically sloppy casual when it doesn't need to be a casual situation at all.
You can spot americans easily by their horrible style of fashion. europeans wear clothes that actually fit whereas americans often wear sport shoes and sweaters. Also there is a lack of accessory; many europeans wear scarves, hats etc.

>and everyone is 3-4 inches higher than euro men

i really don't know why you think that, because the average european man is taller than in the us.

>Short militaryish hairstyles are still the bigger norm, whereas in Europe it's longish as sort of a thumbs up at dress code workplaces that require it

for me it's exactly the opposite; americans often have longer and more extravagantly hair, while many europeans have it shorter.
>>
File: COURTS Hyde_10.jpg (227KB, 650x855px) Image search: [Google]
COURTS Hyde_10.jpg
227KB, 650x855px
>>1065780
>for me it's exactly the opposite; americans often have longer and more extravagantly hair, while many europeans have it shorter.
Long hair as a working class look did originate from the US, but isn't the "Cavalry Officer" look much more common among the European upper class?
Side parted, swept to the side, but longish.
>>
File: Mortdecai_2015-23.jpg (165KB, 1200x918px) Image search: [Google]
Mortdecai_2015-23.jpg
165KB, 1200x918px
>>1065788
Another example.
>>
Americans have flabby bulky shoulders. I guess its a combination of more muscle and more fat.
>>
It's mainly the voice, unless they're wearing wrap-around shades.
>>
>>1065758

Americans are shorter than Europeans.

The general give away of Americans is that they are louder and wear different clothes. For example, American casual often looks quite messy and cheap.
>>
>>1065676
>but my white American friends who are white instantaneously get mocked and harassed wherever they go.

They might be obnoxious faggots. I'm a white American and have never been mocked or harassed in a foreign country. I'm a sailing cruiser in Cabo right now, and let me tell you something, there's a big difference in demeanor between cruisers around here and people who came in on a plane for christmas break. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it or am judging them for having a good time. If, however, someone is responsible for the idea that American tourists are loud, drunk, materialistic, and complain when they can't go to a Hard Rock Cafe or get someone who speaks English on the first try - it's them.
>>
>>1065846
>materialistic

But we are.
>>
We can say cuck again?
>>
>>1065711
Idiot.
>>
Also long basket shorts, backward baseball caps, sporty sunglasses, basket shoes and over sized tshirts.
>>
File: SyRrY0w.png (45KB, 956x637px) Image search: [Google]
SyRrY0w.png
45KB, 956x637px
Has anyone in this thread actually traveled around Europe or are you guys just being stupid? Unlike the US, Europe is way too diverse to just generalize it when it comes to describing people. There are too many points in this thread for me to discuss individually, but everything that has been mentioned (height, dress style, personality, etc.) differs MASSIVELY between these countries. Spanish people are very loud and talkative whereas Northern Europeans are going to be shy, soft-spoken and reserved.. For height, see the pic I posted. Dress style - big, big differences. Italian men for example care a lot about fashion and appearance and often wear clothing that would be perceived as gay looking. A lot of guys there will sport longer hair. Polish men for example don't care too much about their appearance - skinny jeans are often hated on and men have shorter haircuts. I'm just listing things off of the top of my head here, but it's enough to get my point across.
>>
>>1065676

they're loud, sound very american, dress very american
>>
I'm Malaysian Chinese who has lived in Tokyo for about 10 years and also traveled a lot. I lived in America for 6 months.

>>1065676
>but my white American friends who are white instantaneously get mocked and harassed wherever they go

Lol what, no they don't stop lying. People might snicker covertly about the big dumb American tourists but no one openly harasses Americans, get real.

>American tourists are loud, drunk, materialistic, and complain when they can't go to a Hard Rock Cafe or get someone who speaks English on the first try - it's them.

Loud? Yes. Drunk? I guess everyone likes getting drunk during travels? I think Americans are actually some of the more polite and well behaved tourists. They're kind of fake nice and clueless, but really not poorly behaved. Everyone who comes from first world countries is materialistic. I've met Aussies who were obnoxious cunts here in Japan, though.

It's been said before. Americans wear baseball caps and athletic shoes. They are distinctly loud and their accent is easily identifiable as American.

>>1065907
I think you are right, but I can't help but picture European guys as huge. Of course living in Tokyo I see a lot of tourists and this is my image-- "spot the European backpacker/traveler"

>Enormously tall, like 193cm
>with a girlfriend who is also tall, like 178cm
>Undercut/Hitler Youth hairstyle
>tight jeans
>has a fancy camera with a huge lens on it

Although I've met a few French in Tokyo and they're never tall. Maybe Scandinavians/Dutch travel to Japan more than other Euros?

I think Americans are also pretty big though. And they're generally stockier/more muscular than Euros, but seem like they're not as tall.
>>
>>1065676

If I were to be prejudice I would say clothes/demeanor and the accent is a dead giveaway. They tend to stick to the paths of lonely planet, so you tend to only see them in touristic areas.

However, I'm not too good at spotting them. Brits are a whole different ballpark though! I can spot a Brit a mile a away. Stocky build, skinhead, generally terrible behavior pissing in the street and they laugh loudly and make these throat sounds before you can even see them in the horizon "gwaaahhhbaaah m8"
>>
You can tell from the terrible appearance and inflated egos.
>>
>>1065907
tfw when dutch & 1,73m
>>
>>1065921
Northern Europeans are on average taller than Americans, with Brits maybe being the only exception. Americans are generally taller than Southern Europeans (Spain/Italy/France/Greece). Not sure where Eastern Europeans fall.
>>
You can literally feel their massive egos. Americans act like they own the place, not in a bad way, but in a confident way, like they're comfortable where ever they go.
>>
>>1065789
You realise you picked a european actor to represent an american?
>>
>>1066206
>Not sure where Eastern Europeans fall.

Eastern Euros aren't tall. Russians are manlets.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.