[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tokyo Trip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (144KB, 750x429px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 750x429px
Hey everyone, I know that these threads get posted about 100 times a day but I need some advice.
I'm considering traveling to tokyonext summer for about 10 day.
I can read hiragana, some katakana and some kanji. My main problem is getting lost and such. Has anybody that has traveled to Tokyo or Japan in general ever gotten lost or how did you get around? Did the taxi drivers speak some English? We're there signs located?
P.s: not related but is it true that Japanese women love foreigner?
>>
Holy crap, my grammar is shit. Sorry, I'm on mobile.
>>
>>1065314
I've answered your questions in the new Japan General.
>>
>P.s: not related but is it true that Japanese women love foreigner?

holykek just stick to your animes
>>
Come on guys to tokyo
>>
>>1065328
first of all you're a faggot

second of all, all of the signs even in the country are in Kanji and English/Romaji anyway. You'll get nowhere special by knowing katakana or hiragana.

second of all, the whole "be foreign, get girls" thing was true until the advent of the internet. Foreigners are a dime a dozen. HOWEVER, you can hit up the clubs in Roppongi though. Plenty of sluts that will fuck anything foreign with a pulse and a slightly above average set of looks and social skills. but these girls are not indicative of the rest of Japan. As for other places, all the women are slutty, just probably not for you.

excuse my shitty English you dirty weeaboo
>>
>>1065332
The signs are. The menus and most other things are not. Knowing katakana is significantly more helpful than knowing nothing
>>
>>1065319
New Japan general guys.

>You'll get nowhere special by knowing katakana or hiragana.

They are very useful for menus.
>>
there's a japan general for a reason lad
>>
>>1065313
>My main problem is getting lost and such. Has anybody that has traveled to Tokyo or Japan in general ever gotten lost or how did you get around? Did the taxi drivers speak some English?
General advice: Get english google maps installed (or download some excellent paper maps) before your travel and keep aware of where you are, or where you intend to go for the day. If you get actual tourist maps with the crazy pictures of monuments superimposed, even random people on the street can help you at a quick glance.

Even if you get crazy lost on your own, it's sometimes a great experience to explore. I will sometimes find a cool convenience store or little restaurant that way. Anyway to get back on track, you simplylook for more major streets, and keep getting on them, with more traffic going on, to get back to a taxi passing, or a more major intersection. Any hotel, bank, can sometimes have bilingual employees if you have a quick question or ask them to call a taxi for you. Having a little phone app that translates could be a last resort to show them writing for like "taxi" or "restaurant" what you want to ask but body language is usually enough. A taxi driver will always know the top 10 landmarks, such as the statue, the opera house, the 4star, the presidential palace, famous shopping district, (places that thousands go to each day and therefore statistically more passengers requesting it) which can be points of reference for you to then get out and find your way back on a known route, or else, point to the building down the block from it that you do wish to go to instead.

I wouldn't fear a damn thing about language or being lost. It's a modern city with nice people. And, never underestimate the power of american cinema to teach the world basic conversational English.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.