[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Visiting Orlando

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 275x183px
I'm visiting Orlando with family and I'll be in the area for another week or so.

So far we've done a bunch of tourist trap type shit and I'm not really enjoying myself. My brother and I are in our 20s.

what are some fun things to do in the area that has as little crowds and tourists as possible.
>>
Also what's a good idea for new years eve?
>>
>>1064298
>Also what's a good idea for new years eve?
Downtown Orlando is a major populated city dude. You find a restaurant/club with an event that looks good for you, whether a rooftop view, or great prix fixe menu for the night, pay now for the RSVP. The last Sunday paper would have been a good place to sort that out with ads for their night. Maybe you can google within the papers now or visit a restaurant page for info.

The best show in town will be Epcots fireworks of course, but yea, crowded. Downtown Orlando itself has clubs, concert venues, and so forth. Myself? I'm seeing Ralphie May over in Punta Gorda, FL which hsa a pre-party and after-party in a cute walkable historic district filled with lights $100/for all. Do you have a car? Orlando is rough without a car (as is all of Florida), so your choices get limited to suburbia, wherever your hotel/house happens to be located in the huge sprawling metropolis. If you're a drinker, maybe consider getting a cheap hotel near your plans, to walk/taxi to/from it for your brother and you, and use public transport the next day?

Daytime fun is kind of outdoorsy state parks/national parks, springs, museums, historical areas, and some of the older restaurants still in existence from way back. Again a car is needed to explore much, but youre within an hour from either coast.
>>
File: DSC00883.jpg (831KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00883.jpg
831KB, 1920x1080px
It's Orlando, so every place you go that is worth a damn will have at least a few tourists. It's unavoidable.

In terms of theme parks, there is one somewhat relevant small park named Fun Spot America. It has two locations: Kissimmee (south of Orlando) and International Drive (in Orlando across the freeway from Universal). Go to the I-Drive one. Up until a few years ago it was a standard arcade/go-kart place, but it recently expanded to have actual rides, including two decent mid-sized roller coasters. Their wooden one is the only one of its kind in town.

The main benefits with Fun Spot is that it is cheaper than the heavyweight parks and tourists outside Florida don't know about it, so it tends to not be AS crowded. It's open later at night, as well.
>>
Universal Studios Orlando is easily the best theme park I've ever visited. The crowds shouldn't be terrible around this time.
>>
Not OP, but anything interesting to do by myself in Orlando for 2-3 days?

Cool restaurants?
Cool museums?
>>
>>1064975
No one visiting Orlando has the attention span necessary for a museum, so there aren't many there.

As far as restaurants go, the best ones tend to be inside the larger resort hotel properties. There's a lesser known Emeril Lagasse restaurant in the Universal Studios Royal Pacific Hotel called Tchoup Chop that's very good. There is also a sushi bar in the Swan Hotel on the Disney World property called Kimonos that is quite nice, as well.
>>
>>1064979
Yeah, I saw that there were 'private' museums.
How about the Kennedy Space Center?

Also, is Orlando transit friendly?
How about Uber?
>>
File: 1451030057147.jpg (133KB, 776x678px) Image search: [Google]
1451030057147.jpg
133KB, 776x678px
>>1064981
>Is Orlando transit friendly?
>>
>>1064292

Top fun things to do in Orlando.

>Leave Orlando.
>Never go back.
>Be happier.

That's about it.
>>
>>1064975
Hollerbaach's Willow Tree in Sanford is worth checking out!
>>
>>1064292
>what are some fun things to do in the area that has as little crowds and tourists as possible.
Find a Korean Karioki bar and get fucked up, it's awesome and cheap for the most part plus the food is great
>>
>>1065031
/thread
>>
>>1064975
orlando science center
i had blast there on a field trip in 3rd grade, youll love it

>>1064979
i would disagree with the restaurant thing. unnecessarily expensive. foods good but paying for location, branding, and atmosphere. theres plenty of hole in the wall type places that are great, none of which i remember
>>
>>1065003
Lynx(the transit agency)runs buses on International Drive.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.