>>1063849 Mama's is not that great and I think it's closed now for more condos anyway. There's better cheap food in Chinatown/Rainier Valley or at one of the many teriyaki places. For cheap Mexican that's actually good go to Carta de Oaxaca in Ballard.
>>1063875 I definitely recommend the underground tour. I bring all out of town visitors there. It's a good way to get to know the city's history if you're into that kind of thing and the tour guides are always awesome.
>>1064722 City Hostel and Green Tortoise are the most popular hostels. I haven't heard anything negative about either of them.
- Skip the top of the Space Needle and go to the observation deck at the Columbia Tower. Cheaper, taller, indoors... Unless you definitely want to go up the needle for the experience then go to the restaurant for drinks just to hit the minimum and you get observation deck access included.
- Take the ferry to Bainbridge just for the view. There are some good bars/restaurants on the island or it's a great places to bike. Return trip is free.
- The Central Library is pretty unique. A lot of locals hate it but I think it's cool to visit.
- All public museums are pay-what-you-can. SAM downtown isn't that great but the Asian Art Museum is nice as is the Burke Museum. I also love MOHAI and the History of Flight.
- Ballard Locks are fun especially during a salmon spawning season. Not sure the situation now.
>>1065783 I disagree about Pike Place. There's nothing else like it in the country. Yes it's horribly crowded but if you go early before the tourists come it's well worth a visit. No other US/Canadian city's public market even comes close.
>>1065786 Unless you have a car it'll be hard to get to Seattle off-peak and nearly impossible in the later evenings. Tacoma and Olympia are closer and also fun places to go. Also lots of access to nature from DuPont. You'll be in the middle of some major military bases (guessing that's why your family is there).
>>1065809 Well if you want to get nitty and gritty, Oly and Tacoma are the places to go... they're more like how Seattle used to be in the 90's. Oly has lots of hippies, beer, live music, more hippies... Tacoma is rough on the edges but has plenty good going for it.
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the post's information.