[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm staying in Seattle for a few nights next week: Anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Space-Needle.jpg (85KB, 1400x1060px) Image search: [Google]
Space-Needle.jpg
85KB, 1400x1060px
So I'm staying in Seattle for a few nights next week: Anything cool to see or do besides the usual museums, pike place market and stuff?
>>
>>1063830
if you're looking for good food on the cheap go to Mama's. Mexican food, $10 a meal. Also City Hostel is pretty good.
>>
File: seattle-underground.jpg (151KB, 1217x703px) Image search: [Google]
seattle-underground.jpg
151KB, 1217x703px
Pic related, Seattle's underground is huge. There's a bunch of secret entrances on the waterfront too.
>>
>>1063849
City Hostel? I was going to settle for the Hosteling international one because it's right next to the train station I would be getting off at, but it does look really cool...
>>
>>1063849
Mama's is not that great and I think it's closed now for more condos anyway. There's better cheap food in Chinatown/Rainier Valley or at one of the many teriyaki places. For cheap Mexican that's actually good go to Carta de Oaxaca in Ballard.

>>1063875
I definitely recommend the underground tour. I bring all out of town visitors there. It's a good way to get to know the city's history if you're into that kind of thing and the tour guides are always awesome.

>>1064722
City Hostel and Green Tortoise are the most popular hostels. I haven't heard anything negative about either of them.

More ideas:

- Skip the top of the Space Needle and go to the observation deck at the Columbia Tower. Cheaper, taller, indoors... Unless you definitely want to go up the needle for the experience then go to the restaurant for drinks just to hit the minimum and you get observation deck access included.

- Take the ferry to Bainbridge just for the view. There are some good bars/restaurants on the island or it's a great places to bike. Return trip is free.

- The Central Library is pretty unique. A lot of locals hate it but I think it's cool to visit.

- All public museums are pay-what-you-can. SAM downtown isn't that great but the Asian Art Museum is nice as is the Burke Museum. I also love MOHAI and the History of Flight.

- Ballard Locks are fun especially during a salmon spawning season. Not sure the situation now.
>>
The restaurant Skillet in Cap Hill is wonderful. Cap hill, Ballard and Fremont are all fun areas to be in.

Avoid pike place, it's miserable
>>
>>1065783
I disagree about Pike Place. There's nothing else like it in the country. Yes it's horribly crowded but if you go early before the tourists come it's well worth a visit. No other US/Canadian city's public market even comes close.
>>
>>1063830

I'm also going to WA in a few days, I won't exactly be in Seattle but DuPont.

I'll be there for three weeks, visiting from England. I've got a place to stay with a relative so that's sorted.

I want to get nitty and gritty. Enjoy the food culture, the beautiful scenery, the fun times and bars. Hopefully meet a few qts and make some friends.

Any advice or tips will be gladly heard. It's been too long since I've been back to the states.
>>
>>1065786
Unless you have a car it'll be hard to get to Seattle off-peak and nearly impossible in the later evenings. Tacoma and Olympia are closer and also fun places to go. Also lots of access to nature from DuPont. You'll be in the middle of some major military bases (guessing that's why your family is there).
>>
>>1065800

Right on point, I'll be off base but literally adjacent.

I'll check out Olympia and Tacoma. They usually go unheard over the noise and affection for Seattle so I've no idea what to expect there.
>>
>>1065809
Well if you want to get nitty and gritty, Oly and Tacoma are the places to go... they're more like how Seattle used to be in the 90's. Oly has lots of hippies, beer, live music, more hippies... Tacoma is rough on the edges but has plenty good going for it.
>>
>>1065786
>>1065809

Don't forget to check out Mt Rainier. If you're looking for 'beautiful scenery', It should be pretty close to you if you're down by the bases.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.