[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travel to become stronger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1450326165384.gif (649KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1450326165384.gif
649KB, 320x180px
Hi /trv/ I don't lurk often here but Ive been having this idea stuck in my mind for a while and this seems like the right forum to discuss it.
I would like to start a trip to different countries in order to learn different martial arts from around the world, something like that show that used to air in History channel, I live in Mexico so I was thinking into going all the way to the south to Brazil, learn some bjj and then travel from Europe all the way to Japan doing the same, this seems like a wild dream for me but this seems to be the best era to travel/back packing/road tripping so any advice, tips, or recommendattions about this will be appreciated
>>
File: 1448998709387.jpg (80KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
1448998709387.jpg
80KB, 533x800px
>>1062931
Thanks for the bamp amigo, one of my main concerns is getting money on the road, I have some little barber skills so I was thinking about getting my gear with me and cut hair on the streets I also have some musical training so I was also thinking into getting an ukulele with me to play in the streets, I also have some travel experience visiting Germany and hungary but I was traveling in plane and have a host there, again any advice is appreciated
>>
>>1062918
Why don't you go to Thailand? It's cheap and Muay-thai is effective on a fight.
>>
I spent 5 months in Chiang Mai, Thailand training Muay Thai. Lost 50lbs and fought twice (2-0 1 win by KO, other by points).

It's awesome. I had planned to go to Brazil this year to train BJJ for a couple months but got my fiancé pregnant so that's bring delayed.
>>
>>1063092
Oh and I would've trained for a few more months throughout other parts of Thailand but I fractured my tibia in the second fight which made it impossible to kick without pain for almost 6 months.
>>
make an account on couchsurfing and search for keywords in big cities like "muay thai" "judo" "wrstling" then you'll meet people who will have interests in these things and they can help you find dojos n shit
cool idea, been thinking of doing it myself
thinking of going to kotokan in Japan, some muay thai gym in thailand, BJJ in brazil, kickboxing in Holland, maybe mma somewhere in america
seems like a good time, would need a lot of dough though to do that
>>
>>1063092
How many hours at day you trained? Category of weight? How much did you spend? You got paid fighting?
>>1063097
That's good advice I already have couch surfing (never used it though) but I didn't knew you could do searchs like that
>>
>>1063316
3 hours per day, 6 days per week for 3 months. 6 hours per day, 6 days per week for the two months leading to my fights.

I spent between 5000 to 8000 baht per month for the training. 8000 baht for a nice apartment. On average I spent around 40,000 baht/month. You could realistically do it for under 30,000 if you eat street food and Thai only.

I was paid 3000 baht to fight (roughly $100). That was win or lose. Then I gave 500 baht each to my two corner guys.

I fought at 210lbs roughly.
>>
>>1063318
where do you get the money to pay for all that shit? what did you do for a living there?
>>
>>1063442
I work in oil as a heavy equipment operator. Work for a few months then do whatever the hell I want. It paid for me to spend the better part of the last 2 years in Southeast Asia.

I'm moving to Thailand in the spring permanently. Going to teach English to start and hopefully oil prices will increase in the near future and I can find myself an offshore rig job in Thailand.
>>
>>1063483
Hey man, I'm not that guy but any chance I could pick your brain about the industry. I have a ton of accumulated notes from the little bits and pieces people have posted over the years and I'm still trying to get in (not looking to get referred... I just want to know where my chances are best)

[email protected]

I tend to somehow end up in SEA every year so rounds are on me if I ever meet you.
>>
>>1063483
Seems like a nice drill you have man, I have a shitty office job now that doesn't pay too much and I really want to travel but the money is my main concern
>>
>>1062918
Op i Plan to do the same Thing!
I think for the 2017 to leave my country e move in Japan for training myself with my fav mma fighter Imanari
>>
File: images (16).jpg (21KB, 286x400px) Image search: [Google]
images (16).jpg
21KB, 286x400px
>>1064026
Op here, shit man that sounds neat as fuck, is my dream to travel there and do grapling sparring with my waifu Rin Nakai
>>
>>1064628
Yes in those 2 years I want learn some Japanese and I want debut in pro mma.
And after move in Tokyo.
Wow you want be raped by her?Good luck man
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.