[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about Berlin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

File: berlin.jpg (246KB, 1500x990px) Image search: [Google]
berlin.jpg
246KB, 1500x990px
How do I experience real Berlin?
>>
Berlin is literally everything, and the "real" one is the one you want to see.
>>
Mehmet
>>
>>1062756
Been there for 6 years. It really is a great town. In fact, its not even 2 towns but 4.

Depending on what you want, Berlin can deliver everything. A rather affordable city (or well, was when I lived there) resembles as the NYC of Europe without the "FASTER FASTER FASTER" effect.

A really chill place to live at.
>>
>>1062846
It's a city not a town
>>
>>1062756
go to berghain on friday morning and fist two guys at once in a dark room
>>
>>1062847
Idiot...
>>
just get shitdrunk with cheap beer at a späti like everyone
>>
>>1062756

unfortunately berlin is just obnoxious foreigners with rich parents now. the real berline went away a long time ago
>>
>>1062756
it's like all the parents have gone away and left the kids in charge. that can be fun
>>
>>1062756
You don't. Why would you even?
>>
>>1062756
the EDM clubs. 100% serious, they are legendary. It will blow your mind
>>
>>1062756
Dr. Pong. Really.
>>
>>1062987
any suggestions?
>>
>>1062756
go back to the 1930'ies or even better, go back to before the first world war when Germany was the cultural center of Europa.
>>
>>1063090
see
>>1062857
>>
>>1063108
true word. berlin is full of hipsters and foreigners who think they are individual but all look the same.. also they feel very cool and proud to be in berlin.
>>
>>1063528
I was there last weekend. I went to the shady clubs 4 S-bahn stops east from alexandersplatz (nigs will try to sell you drugs on the bridge) and had a decent time at the Badehaus one. The next night we saw the Berliner Philharmoniker, and that was intense. Definitely recommend it. Try going to the Neues Museum to see Nefertiti, it's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Even Hitler refused to give it back to Egypt, and it would have granted their support to nazies.
You can tour around. Visit the galleries and hipster cafés north of the museum island, see the east side gallery on the wall in the south, experience Turkish Berlin if you're not scared, drink beer, eat a lot. If you like cars, they have the new bugatti vision in exposition on Unter den Linden at the VW group forum. It's a great city. Lots to do and see.
>>
>>1063286
This tbqh senpai.
>>
>>1062987
>EDM
if you call them "EDM clubs" you will certainly not get in
>>
Hey I'm driving to Berlin tomorrow for NYE.
Turns out I need some sort of enviormental sticker for my car to drive around in Berlin.

Where do I get one of these on short notice because I do not want to get fined. Can I just buy one at a gas station before entering Berlin?

Hope someone replys to this by tomorrow.
>>
>>1064408
in theory it works this way
http://www.umwelt-plakette.de/englis_informations.php?SID=b6c73aac194a9013f4e1e7bf7ecada73

Unfortunately on NYE you will find no place where you would get it. So you either risk to be fined or leave your car outside Berlin.
>>
>>1062951
I lived there for over a year, he is absolutely correct.
>>
>>1062756
Tape some sausages to your waist and run from the east to the west yelling, "Allahu Akbar".
>>
>>1062847
Cities are just big towns.
>>
get a plane ticket
>>
>>1062951
>>1064651
This is what eveybody is saying. Fuark.
>>
the real berline moved to leipzig
>>
File: 1350042576661.jpg (26KB, 348x343px) Image search: [Google]
1350042576661.jpg
26KB, 348x343px
>go to Berlin at start of December
>streets are empty in main areas
>taxi driver tells me you could barely move before the Paris attacks but now people are literally scared to leave their houses
>>
>>1066434
wat

i live here and there wasn't really a difference to before the attacks in paris
>>
>>1066437
dunno man just what I was told
>>
Go somewhere else.
>>
Right I'm visiting Berlin in the summer.
I've been before, but with family, and this time I'm visiting with my UNI MATES
There's a whopping 9 of us, and we're British, so I'm expecting things to get a little rowdy.
We're there 3 days, and I'm the de facto head of the trip.
Has anyone got good advice for a band of 19-20 year old pricks in a foreign city? We won't want to visit the museums and stuff, but we're open for modern art galleries, funky stuff, and maybe some cool locations to take photos. Cbubs we're all really interested in, so if anyone's got advice pertaining to the club scene, that would rock.
We're not looking for any gay clubs/bars, or anything really that weird either. Just standard techno shit really.
Anyway, generic Berlin advice is good too!
>>
>>1062756
>How do I experience real Berlin?

There's a fake Berlin?
>>
There is this really chill place called Gorlitzer Park, go check it out.
>>
BTW GUYS

it's op

Overall, trip was bad.

Literally no one on the streets, no one, even in berlin's most popular destinations. Anyone who was on the streets was a tourist taking photographs or young hipster person.

It's cold this time of year too, i'm talking -11 Celsius

the hotel was nice, the museums and galleries and other shit was good

the clubs were cool although perhaps not completely my scene

many of the so called popular restaurants and street food was overhyped

Anyway, I really don't recommend going to Berlin this time of year

Also, the Turks try to con you, had a taxi driver purposely try and take me a longer and more expensive route to somewhere i didnt even want to go, I even got conned in a takeaway turkish place

Don't let what I've said dismay you, just know that the so called real berlin that I asked about, although having never experienced it, I can tell you is no longer
>>
>>1066538
I was there this summer and had a great time, its a shame you didn't get on with it.
>>
>>1066541
probably just the time of year

its a shame when a trip doesnt go well, all that money, oh well
>>
>tfw I'll probably have to move from Leipzig to Berlin for my masters degree

My life is going to get worse isn't it?
>>
>>1066451
You seem like a tool.
>>
>>1066451
They're not going to let you into their clubs, you fucking tool
>>
>>1062756
Hardwax is incredible place
>>
>>1066538
>the clubs were cool although perhaps not completely my scene
did you go to berghain?
>>
Anyone who says their isn't any real berlin after visiting for a week has no right to say so. No doubt they've probably never left Mitte. Go to Kreuzberg, Neukoln, Freidrichshain, and, if you're feeling brave, Wedding. There are plenty of amazing places in Berlin that are 'real' you just have to be willing to go off the beaten track; most hidden gems are down alleyways.
>>
>>1066451
>9 british people
>probably going to get rowdy

This isn't fucking Benidorm, Berlin clubs aren't going to let you in.
>>
>>1066451
>We're not looking for any gay clubs/bars, or anything really that weird either. Just standard techno shit really.
dont go to berlin then all the best clubs are gay/wierd/alternative, you'll probably ahve a shit time
>>
>>1068035
>
Space Hall >>> every record store in Berlin
>>
i'm a berlin "local". if you have any specific questions, let me know. not too knowledgable regarding the club scene, but eh. i think usually tourists hit up watergate / klub der visionäre and have a good "berlin" time. there's a lot in here if you're willing to dig deeper though. of course it greatly depends on what you're looking for, nightlife-wise. from foucault readings to having enemas administered to you by a gay guy, berlin offers plenty.

tldr, am berliner: ama
>>
>>1066538
>Don't let what I've said dismay you, just know that the so called real berlin that I asked about, although having never experienced it, I can tell you is no longer
lmao
>>
>>1066538
>A taxi driver tried to con me
First time in a taxi, mate?
>>
>>1068098
>implying this British guy and his lads aren't all a bunch of faggots with each other
>>
I've recently moved to Berlin and I will be here for a decently long time. I've been to Berlin many times before so I know my way around but I know absolutely not a single person here. How can I meet people and make some friends if I don't work or study?
>>
>>1068152
are the flea markets open right now too in the winter? do you visit them?
>>
>>1066451
>9 British lads

no chance you're getting into clubs, I struggled getting in with just 2 of us
>>
>>1066451
you've got no hope, try and find birds (use tinder), break into groups of no more than 2

stay quiet, silent in the queues for clubs
know who's playing that night
speak a bit of german, basic stuff
Tresor is good
Suicide club is good
some clubs you need to be 21 to get into so do your research
the pills out there are different gravy
>>
>>1066538
yeah I went in December, it was fucking freezing, and I know what you mean about empty streets, >>1066434 here btw
>>
if you want real Berlin go there in summer
>>
>>1070115

are the refugees still raping in the warmer months?
>>
>>1070154
yes but in summer the local join for double the fun ;)
>>
File: efd.jpg (47KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
efd.jpg
47KB, 403x392px
I want to go to berlin but with the whole muslim migrant influx, and being latino myself (im not brown but not white enough to blend in )

i actually pretty worried about constantly being considered one of those muslims and while i know germans are far to polite to overtly think i'm a migrant, i know i'll be getting stares if i start hitting on german women.

Fuck sakes muslims.
>>
>>1070172
>>1070154
tbf when I went to Berlin I didn't see a single mixed race person, let alone a refugee
>>
File: mahniggadon.jpg (44KB, 409x393px) Image search: [Google]
mahniggadon.jpg
44KB, 409x393px
>>1067017
>>1067176
>>1068044
>>1068098
>>1070041
>>1070042
>>
File: 1368556991015.jpg (29KB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
1368556991015.jpg
29KB, 300x301px
My partner and I will be traveling to Berlin (and all around Germany actually) in the later summer this year, we would be into basically anything! Night lift, museums, art, cultural events, beer, history, all of it. Any recommendations?
>>
>>1070172
tbqh latinos are even more creepy than muslims when they hit on women. I'd give you the stares too.
>>
>>1066529
Nah fuck off. I got robbed at knifepoint by 4 Arabs when I visited it. Didn't even make it past the benches near the front entrance before they grabbed me. No point in going unless you're a "no bordrs free drugz free errything kill nazis!!!" type of person and if you are then you should probably just kill yourself.
>>
>>1070294
Ive been there twice, never really worried about towelheads.
Learned jiu jitsu in the 3 years between then and now. Kind of want a shitskin to step to me so i can wreck his camel-damaged anus
>>
>>1070196
You must never have left your hotel room then.
>>
>>1070207
I won't even lie i went back to my parents country and some of the guys flirting were super creepy.
Like fobby-indian-immigrant hitting on a white girl level creepy.

I think its a third world thing?
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.