[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recommend FINLAND for you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 18

File: kiiru.jpg (2MB, 1503x2003px) Image search: [Google]
kiiru.jpg
2MB, 1503x2003px
Hey! Im from Finland. Have u ever visited this northern country? I would like to recommend it to all of you with warmth.

>beatiful nature, lots of lakes and plenty of forest
>cosy cities
>young people are highly educated and polite and friendly
>culture is so different compared to U.S.
>very beatiful blonde girls

http://www.visitfinland.com/
>>
It's a nice place. Other than the capital there's no city worth visiting. According to a study, Finland has the most promiscous girls. So have fun with the blondes!
>>
>very beautiful blonde girls

>Finns
>not Mongoloid
>>
I'm sure it's a troll post but I'm extremely fond of Finland.

> The women are beautiful...they're like chinkier hot ass white girls.
> Promiscuous
> being North American makes you stand out because Finnish men are so afraid to talk to the women
> They're like humbler Swedes (I love Sweden too, don't get me wrong)
> I think it's the most romantic culture in Northern Europe. Like, people still get married at 23 and shit and the women can be very royal. This is in contrast to Sweden, Norway, and Denmark where feminism has gone overboard
> the women don't talk too much because it's Finland
> they're not as rich as the other Northern European countries so I find them a little more down-to-earth
> honestly some of the most beautiful women I've met travelling have been Finnish

I disagree that it isn't worth seeing anything else but the capital. Rovaniemi is a cool student town up north. Turku has a cool vibe. Tampere is a beautiful city/town. Helsinki has an awesome culture if you're into alternative stuff
>>
>>1061666
>royal
*loyal

Also maybe feminism isn't overboard in Denmark. But the women are still very empowered/independent. A lot less so than Sweden and Norway.
>>
>>1061642

>le funny meme
>>
File: IMG_7349.jpg (3MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7349.jpg
3MB, 5184x3456px
>>1061667

>loyal girls
This is true story. And this also means men too because finns are known to be honest people. Very rare to get pickpocketd by finn.
>>
>>1061630
>Blonde hair
>Brown eyebrows

Muh Game of Thrones
>>
>>1061630
>>1061666
Finland is great. Only problem I have is their language, its completely incomprehensible.
>>
Suomi perkele!
>>
File: IMG_1172.jpg (111KB, 640x648px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1172.jpg
111KB, 640x648px
Im flying into Helsinki June 13th 2016. Where do I go to pick up my designated Finnish qt?

On a serious note. 3 Days in Helsinki in early summer, what do?
>>
File: no face.png (8KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
no face.png
8KB, 220x229px
>>1061630
stop posting ads here
>>
>>1061630
Finland is alright. It is like a really expensive Estonia. (pssst, go to Estonia instead. It's even how the Finnish do.)
>>
>>1061666
>they're like chinkier hot ass white girls.

They're literally not chinky at all. This is the stupidest meme of all time. Finns are essentially Swedes.
>>
>>1061886

>For art go to Kiasma or Ateneum
>for war and cannons go to Suomenlinna
>for music head for everywhere!
>for fun head for amusement park Linnanmäki and there rollercoaster
>for pretty girls and beach go to Hietaniemi
>if wanna shop head straight to Stockmann
>>
>>1061980
Finns and Swedes have different gene pool, sorry. The northern you go, the chinkier the Finns get.

>>1061666
> they're not as rich as the other Northern European countries so I find them a little more down-to-earth

Not really true, Fin, Swe & Den are pretty much the same (the only exception is Norway which is on of the richest countries on earth). Finns just don't floss their money and because of lack of (real) aristocracy in the history of Funland, the €'s are more equally divided (not so much old money).
>>
>>1062283
I partly agree with you. All of those countries have the Jante influence but finns making minimum wage just have less disposable income than the Scandinavian countries. For example, the average finn would be middle class in Canada while the average Swede would be upper-middle class.

>>1061980
They are. Obviously a Swedish finn by the border would look more Swedish than most finns but you could argue that Scandinavians all look really similar and the difference only really starts in Finland. They're mongo-uralic or some shit like that.

> mfw all of my Finnish friends are hot ass chinkier white Chicks except one... But she's still chinky
>>
>>1062333
wtf you talking about, you didn't even bother to google the average income in these two countries. I hate when some foreign that saw a documentary about santa claus thinks he knows everything about the nordic countries.
>>
>>1062338
Lol do you even know what the average means? It takes into account even the richest finns and the poorest ones also bring it down.

I love how you're assuming I just saw a documentary. I've lived in one of them, dated from each one (I'm a norgeboo) and quit work to take my traveling through each and every one one (including the country ass towns). Am I claiming I know everything about them? No. But my experience is more than just anecdotal and of course I can't speak for every single Nordic person in each country. But I made it a point to immerse myself into each one and learn the differences when I was traveling through all of them. Also, my studies focus is (femalelattraction psychology and specifically the differences between northern Europe and North America.

Google the average income in Canada and the US and ask the average person if they actually score mid-top range. The average person doesn't but the richest people bring the average up.

>mfw half my friends in Finland are rich as fuck and the other half are making minimum wage.
> mfw I actuslly have good friends into each Nordic country and have work opportunities throughout various industries and have specifically looked into living conditions/salaries in each one
>>
I would like to go to Finland.
If I love winter and snow, what would you recommend?
>>
File: Levi_Center_Night.jpg (1MB, 3216x1782px) Image search: [Google]
Levi_Center_Night.jpg
1MB, 3216x1782px
>>1062376

Lapland it is. There u can choose

>Levi if wanna ski a lot and party. There is good atmosphere especially with youngs.
>Ylläs if wanna ski a lot and also party
>Ruka if wanna ski
>Saariselkä if wanna ski and witness beautiful northern views
>Sodankylä if wanna seek gold

Picture relates. Shows center of Levi
>>
>>1062388
Going to Finland then Estonia mid Jan for two weeks. Friends in Estonia want me to bring some food from America over there. Have any ideas what snacks and stuff I should bring? I was gonna just bring some everyday things like gummy bears and Starburst since I'm not very creative, do you have any idea on what things would go over well and some that would be terrible? Gotta cover all the bases here.
>>
>>1062412
If they're Finnish-Swedes, bring Swedish fish (the candy). It's funny 'cause it's totally not a thing over there. Other than that, US is so regional that it really depends where you're from.

Fucking love being Canadian 'cause we have no culture. I can only really bring maple syrup in situations like this lol
>>
>>1062818
Unfortunately not, they're actual Estonians. Not Fins who went there. I'm in the south west US right now, Arizona specifically. There's some Mexican candy here. It's a spoon with some sweet, hard candy like substance on it but the outside is covered with pepper and spices to make it spicy until it wears off. Do you think that would go over well?

I heard that other countries don't like our milk chocolates so I'm on the fence about bringing those.
>>
>>1062333
Is this b8?
>mongo-uralic
Also, fenno-swedes are genetically finnish.
>people unironically basing their knowledge on le ebin mongol mamays
>>
>>1062388
was in lapland (levi) for a week and had some fun dogsledding, skiing, snowbiking etc. however a week is definitely enough. There was no party at all when I was there but I guess it's because it wasn't high season. Lapland is one of the best places to go with your gf to hang out in the sauna and fuck all day. wouldn't stay longer than a week though. shit's getting boring especially if you're from switzerland and you can ski every year
>>
>>1062283
>Finns just don't floss their money
Things is we are quite humble people as a whole and flaunting with your money in a way of
>lol I´m better than you XD
will make most of us think you are some egoistical asshole. Sure you may get some brownnosing
>ayy bro you cool, lend me hundred will ya
bros and golddigger women as your friends but we all know how those kind of people in friendships.
>tl;dr https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Jante

tl;dr
>>
File: clubswagga.jpg (94KB, 720x483px) Image search: [Google]
clubswagga.jpg
94KB, 720x483px
Finland is cucked beyond repair. Don't come here.
>>
File: hieno paikka.jpg (316KB, 1024x776px) Image search: [Google]
hieno paikka.jpg
316KB, 1024x776px
>>1062875
This guy speaks the truth
>>
>>1061886
>drink
>festivals
>roam around
>drink
>museums
>suomenlinna
>drink
>talk to grills
>pub crawl in Kallio
>drink
>>
File: 4th Reich - EU.jpg (184KB, 574x1024px) Image search: [Google]
4th Reich - EU.jpg
184KB, 574x1024px
>>1061630
Fuck off, faggy twat or get molotov'd and die.
>>
>>1062841
Yeah, that sounds wicked. I've never heard of it and neither have they. Dude, you could bring them a rock and tell them it's a delicacy from your town and they'd have to believe you lol

>>1062844
Lmao yeah it's not like any finns near the border moved to the Swedish side or anything
>>
>>1062895

>you could bring them a rock and tell them it's a delicacy from your town and they'd have to believe you

I'm from Michigan and have given Petosky stones to friends in other states and countries.
>>
>>1062891
>edgy
>>
>>1061630
Best santa claus site/ themed park?
>>
>>1062895
OK, so spicy Mexican candies it is. Anything souvenir wise you think would be cool to bring over? It seems most things there are pretty cheap compared to here except electronics and I doubt I'd want to do that.

Oh, I might be able to bring some Doritos. Apparently those are rare over in that area, not sure about Estonia specifically though. As long as I have one decent, new thing it should be alright though.
>>
>>1062941
Honestly, they're probably just happy to have your company. I can't believe I forgot, but ranch chips are a very American thing. It's pretty rich in flavour so they'd probably like 'em. Estonia is wicked, so enjoy! If they're disappointed in whatever you bring just take them out for drinks. I wouldn't sweat it too much.
>>
>>1062953
Im not too worried about not bringing an entire 40L bag of American stuff. Apparently I'm known as "The dude with food" to one person in that group though and wouldn't want to disappoint.

Anything I should do while I'm there in particular? They were gonna show me around but they're in school in Tartu and I'll much more than likely have time on my own. I imagine Saaremaa isn't going to be much outside of a day trip due to the winter time I'm going. They recommended otepaa for skiing but that might be a day or two at most also got 11 days there and really only have five or six mapped out and wouldn't want to miss anything extravagant off the beaten path.
>>
>>1062941
Blair's Habenero corn chips. Get the black packet.
>>
>>1061630
Fuck off.

We're full.
>>
delet this thread

t. finn
>>
>>1063010
Get rid of some of your immigrants to make room for tourists. That way you'll actually make money instead of spend it on people who won't contribute to your country.
>>
>>1063010
Just for that me and my mates are gonna have a lads holiday in finland now
>>
>>1063028
I laughed

okay so do people in Funland speak English?

will the girls mind if I want to put pee pee in bagina?

is it very expensive to stay in Helsinki?
>>
>>1063305
>okay so do people in Funland speak English?
No
>will the girls mind if I want to put pee pee in bagina?
Yes
>is it very expensive to stay in Helsinki?
Yes
>>
>>1063186
I'd rather have immigrants than US citizens in my country...
>>
>>1062359
kek.

what a retard. finns are basically eastern europe prosperous.
>>
>>1063197
what a shit holiday that will be aspergers central
>>
>>1063305

>okay so do people in Funland speak English?
most people speak english well, but our accent is unbearable and we call it "rally english" (look up videos on interviews of finnish rally drivers and you'll see what I mean...)

>will the girls mind if I want to put pee pee in bagina?
Nope. Like being said, Finnish grills are very promiscuous and will automatically take your benis (:DDDD) in their banginas if you're foreigner.

>is it very expensive to stay in Helsinki?
yes, very. Helsinki and Finland in general are very expensive. But our hotels are usually worth the money.
>>
>>1062412
>>1062941
Pop rocks. They are tiny, so easy to pack. And
crazy to eat with a Coke. Tell them Americans do it all the time.

Also spicy food. As hot as you can stand. Pretend it is nothing.
>>
>>1063828
Not sure how I forgot pop rocks. Those are getting harder to find here too, I think, but I pass through three towns on the way to the airport so I should be able to.
Is it true about American Milk Chocolate being a no-go due to the taste and scent?
>>
>>1061666

It's not that finnish men are afraid to talk to women, it's that most of us has realized it's not worth it. Finns have an unwritten social contract of being cold to each other while at the same time appearing to be the friendliest creature on earth to tourists

I'd rather take my blue eyes and blond hair to another place, where my exotic-factor makes chasing p00n more fun and rewarding
>>
>>1063848
Don't bring any candy. Finland probably has the biggest variety of candy in the world and the quality is vastly superior to your basic shit. People will taste one, kinda politely nod and say it's good, but in reality they don't like it, especially not pop rocks. Also American chocolate will not compare to the European counterpart.
Bring some obscure Bourbon / other kind of alcohol if you want to make friends.
>>
>>1061666
>The women are beautiful
That's what you think at bar before closing time. Next morning you are concidering gnawing your own arm off instead of waking up that swampmonster you picked last night.
>>
I keep hearing that Finnish girls are promiscuous and can drink most dudes from other countries under the table

I get that, maybe it's even true

I'm just wondering...why? What made them be like this? And more importantly, why aren't grills from other countries in Europe like that?
>>
>>1063859
so...you're afraid to talk to women? Lol...just kidding.

>>1063961
Actually, with all the finns I've slept with, none of them were picked up at bars. If I didn't respect the women I'd post pics (I still keep in touch wit ha couple of them)

>>1063975
Drinking is in the culture. It's funny because everyone's actually so cold and then once they start drinking people are hooking up left, right, and centre like they're rolling. Sweden, Norway, and Denmark are also very promiscuous, but they also have bigger populations/get more tourists. So any foreigner will generally be more exotic in Finland.

I also noticed that it was the most romantic out of all the Northern European countries - despite all the hooking up, it seemed like a lot of the women I talked to still genuinely believe in the traditional view of love. I mean people are still getting married in their early 20s and shit and I think because feminism is less "rampant", there's less shame in their partner being part of their identity (ie they'll talk about their partners in their CS profile whereas Swedes are less likely). So if you couple that with the fact that they get so little chances to interact/fall in love, you get a weird love-fuelled promiscuity. Of course, that isn't the case for everyone and some just want to get laid. But I think a lot of it is subconscious.
>>
>>1061630

Hey! I will hopefully be travelling to europe this spring, starting with Finland (I'm Canadian, Dad's family is Finnish)

I will for sure be svisiting Helsinki, with the intent on taking a ferry to St. Petersburg, Russia for a 72 hour stay(to avoid the visa)
>http://www.directferries.com/helsinki_st_petersburg_ferry.htm
Any advice with this would be much appreciated.

What should I see or do in Helsinki? Foods to try?

I'm a 22y/o Male
>>
>>1063519

0/10, though I wouldn't be surprised...
>>
Is a Helsinki stinky a real thing?
>>
>>1064099
>1064099

Go for the Helsinki slammer
>>
>>1063828
>Also spicy food. As hot as you can stand. Pretend it is nothing
I refer you to: >>1062989
Corn chips that are so hot that most people can't have two.
I love them.
>>
>>1064127
Well, I'll be sure to set Estonia on fire with food products when I go. I'm guessing they don't have many spicy items there?
>>
>>1064127
>>
>>1063975

>can drink most dudes from other countries under the table

This is not true at all. They're wasted from like 8 drinks. Because they're girls.

source: am finn
>>
File: 1449951158036.png (13KB, 195x202px) Image search: [Google]
1449951158036.png
13KB, 195x202px
>>1061630
>>
>>1064060
What are you interested in?
Landmarks, sights, art, museums, restaurants, bars..?
>>
File: lasittunut_katse.jpg (42KB, 510x570px) Image search: [Google]
lasittunut_katse.jpg
42KB, 510x570px
>>1061630
Im from finland too. I dont recommend Finland to anybody. Maybe for drunks and welfare bums.
>>
>>1064386
Coloradoanon here. That sounds like a fun time.
>>
Around Finns, the ice is thin
>>
>>1064386
Alright, see you in a few
>>
File: finish_grill.jpg (252KB, 717x634px) Image search: [Google]
finish_grill.jpg
252KB, 717x634px
finland a shit
>>
>>1063947
Nobody likes pop rocks, not even children. That isn't the point. It is just funny to give them to unsuspecting noobs, especially with a drink of Coke.

I agree alcohol makes a good gift if you are staying at someone's house. But carrying around bottles is really heavy, so don't take more than one.

>>1064127
Yeah, but you have to be able to eat them yourself. Plus some folk are just crazy naive. I gave a East German girl medium Pace salsa and she thought I was trying to poison her.
>>
>>1061630
>I would like to recommend it to all of you with warmth
But I am not a muslim...
>>
>>1064716
So Germans don't like foods with strong flavors? I'm visiting family in Germany this summer and my one cousin wants me to bring her some American candy. For laughs I was going to bring some atomic fireballs and sour warheads. How badly would they react to this?
>>
>>1064769
It's not only Germans, but the northern/central European palate in general is not used to such extremes. The completely artificial coloring and flavoring agents found in such candy are also generally frowned upon by EU food regulatory bodies.

But even southern European, cuisines are not really that 'spicy' on the whole as say Latin American or Asian. (You might find more peppers and such in southern Italian, southern Spanish or some Balkan cuisines, but overall they are not really that hot.)

As for atomic fireballs, well, they average American would also find it extreme and unbearable... your German cousins even more so, I guess.

I've been living in Germany for 5 years. My girlfriend always complains I make things a little too spicy (whereas I think it's near flavourless). In certain ethnic restaurants, I tell waiters "yes, make it spicy!" and it comes back with all the heat of ketchup...
>>
>>1064782
Ok then fireballs and wareheads are a must. Did you used to live in America? If so could you maybe tell me what American candy they have there so I know what not to bring? I'm guessing things like milky way, snickers, twix, etc are common there.
>>
Jesus Christ dude stop making a mountain out of a molehill lmao
>>
>>1064794
I am American, so yes.

All your standard Mars, Kraft or Cadbury owned candy or chocolate is common enough here. In addition to superior European brands. Peanut butter cups or other peanut butter containing candy is pretty rare, but I also think they don't like it tooooo much.

Hershey's is pretty shit let's be honest, and it is inferior to everything here. So I wouldn't bother bringing it unless you want to make people pity you, lol.

I dunno, swing by Colorado and bring some weed lollipops?

What could also be quite different are Mexican candies, if you're in an area with lots of Mexicans. You know, those mango or tamarind things with a bit of chilli. I think they're nasty, but it's certainly a novelty.

If there is any small local candy companies near you still making their own stuff, that would also be great. Germans will appreciate that a lot more.
>>
Op, I can't believe this slipped my mind but bring Nutella! The American Nutella is different from the ones the European have. Theirs has more hazelnut while the American one has more chocolate (go figure)
>>
File: 20151230_164748.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20151230_164748.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1064824
> the American one has more chocolate (go figure)

As an American I hate our food culture.
>>
>>1064832
Dammit 4chan there was no reason for that rotation
>>
>>1064824
Nutella is from Italy and Germany is the largest consumer of it. Bringing nutella here is utterly stupid, even if the formulation is slightly different.

>>1064832
no wonder Americans are full of cancer.
>>
>>1064832
>1 cookie
>410 calories
Murica
>>
File: flow festival.jpg (7MB, 2249x1500px) Image search: [Google]
flow festival.jpg
7MB, 2249x1500px
>>
File: sauna culture.jpg (72KB, 1000x494px) Image search: [Google]
sauna culture.jpg
72KB, 1000x494px
>>
File: main library.jpg (658KB, 1823x1202px) Image search: [Google]
main library.jpg
658KB, 1823x1202px
>free college
>get students wellfare
>>
>>1062875

>"what's happening here? I just see white girls"
>look closely
>"ohhhhhhh"
>>
>>1064815
Seems pretty good. Bring a few weird things like warheads and pop rocks, which they will hate but are fun. Then also bring some high quality stuff to show, at least some, americans understand that is crap.

Oh, they will probably hate the fireballs even before the heat, also anything root beer flavor. I think it tastes like some horrid medicine they get as kids.

But for fuck sake, don't take marijuana over an international border on a damn commercial flight.
>>
>>1065260
It's weird they don't take to root beer much, as they certainly have a lot of herbal liqueurs and stuff that are up the exact same alley. I've lived in Germany for a while, and I do like root beer now and then. Getting Germans to try it is always fun. Yes it's soda so it's sweet and syrupy (and foamy!), but apart from that, they say it tastes like medicine. And then you get the hurr durr "But vhy iz eet called beer, vhen zer is no alcohol in zis? Verrückte Amis!"

The weed lollipops was a joke, obvs.

Like I said, some local small-scale candy company's offerings will go over a lot better. It's unique as well. Europeans already view Americans as fat sugar-guzzling capitalist slaves to the biggest sugariest fattest companies. An armful of big name internationally available junkfood will only confirm that.
>>
>>1065209
>vaginalesque library

>>1062875
>>1065230
Well, it IS called Club Swagga. And desu it looks like a sausage fest. Probably just where all the "Mom and dad just don't get my admiration for the bravery of immigrants! They're so cosmopolitan and cool! I'm going to like hip hop all of a sudden to show just how open-minded I am!" girls go.
>>
>>1062875
>club swagga
not even once
>>
File: pulju.jpg (42KB, 580x387px) Image search: [Google]
pulju.jpg
42KB, 580x387px
Hope Finland supresses Russia today when the game starts! Take a look ;)
>>
File: sweet sweet victory.jpg (28KB, 503x307px) Image search: [Google]
sweet sweet victory.jpg
28KB, 503x307px
>>1066108

Champions!
>>
>>1062875
They gone get enriched
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.