[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wanting a job at toy store

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 9467144905_5d31224930_b.jpg (486KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
9467144905_5d31224930_b.jpg
486KB, 1024x768px
Applying for a job at a toy store
What are some things I should put on my CV to make me really seem like the best guy for the job.
Also general tips on anything to help me get the job. I need it
im also applying for general mega-store stores hoping to work in the toy department, just in case
>>
>>5422295
>interests
>children
You're in.
>>
>>5422295
>What are some things I should put on my CV to make me really seem like the best guy for the job

>1. I am willing to have a literal shit plopped directly into my mouth from the anus of my manager
>2. I am not a registered sex offender

That should cover it.
>>
His picture must be like two years old. I can tell because of the Megabloks.

Anyway. Working at a toy store is pretty much like working at any retail job, it sucks, doesn't pay enough for the crap you put up with and at the end of the day, the reason why you started there in the first place doesn't matter.

Take my advice: go learn a trade. It pays great, most are generally easy to pick up if you got mediocre grades and the best part is that there are unions out there that will train you and pay you $17-20+ an hour to start just to do it.

I've never looked back.
>>
>>5422307
>go learn a trade
kek I did, I just want a normal retail job and dont want to be a carpenter/builder.
I dont get bored and I rather enjoy what other people would say sucks and is boring so thats why I want a normal job and doesn't really matter about the pay
>>
>>5422305
This.

If you fail an interview for a retail job you should probably give up right now, put on a helmet, and live off government handouts for the rest of your life.
>>
>>5422295
Why?
It's a retail job.

Season is the best time to get hired (temporary), if you're good they may keep you on. Many stores aren't hiring right now because they already filled up after season.
>>
>>5422295
Don't mention anything about toys, toy collecting, being interested in toys, etc. That's the kiss of death to working in toy retail, they want an efficient dispassionate worker. What they don't want is some nerd who's going to be poaching the stock.
>>
>>5422391
what if I have no real interest in what they sell there, but just have decent knowledge on everything.
I collect hot toys and revoltechs/figma and stuff
(probably not hot toys as much now since im getting a job like this)
>>
>>5422405
what kind of job did you have before that you could afford Hot Toys, yet are applying for a job at sub-janitorial respect and pay level?
>>
>>5422417
I was just a builders apprentice and living like a king jew
>live with mother who is out of town 6 days a week
>boss lived a few houses away from me so
>only paid $10 per hour would is lower than 2/3 of what minimum wage is in my country
>no social life, no need to spend any money or go out
>dont even touch my money for months before i just go "fuck it, lets get another hot toys" and then once again not touching money for another few months
>>
>>5422324
Mhm well to each their own. I prefer pipe trades to being a laborer, welder specifically.

Thing is, I didn't say retail was boring, but it does suck. Try as you might, after the 200th person comes up and verbally assaults you because this that or the other thing and it's all your fault, it gets a little old and it definitely sucks.

Do what you like though, the retail world is brutal and unrewarding, in my experience. Good luck!
>>
>>5422391
worked for me at toys r us. im also younger though
>>
>>5422465
how young?
im turning 20 in a few months
>>
>>5422457
so you couldn't afford Hot Toys before either and lost a promising job?
That sucks.
>>
>>5422504
I could affort hot toys.
I got 7 hot toys, I also got the threea metal gears if that counts
I quit because the my boss was an ass and the weltec was stressful as fuck and made me almost commit suicide multiple times because of how much i just hated the way everything was going.
>>
>>5422305
>1. I am willing to have a literal shit plopped directly into my mouth from the anus of my manager

Coach PK will join in too, smiling and laughing as you check your Geoffrey email.
>>
>>5422514
you were making $10 an hour... that's not really being able to afford those figures.
You're supposed to be saving up, instead of doing splurges when you made enough money to buy one.
>>
>>5423347
I live at home and my tuition is dirt cheap because my Dad keeps all of his money in the market and I only work 25 hours a week, so I probably spend $150 per month on figures.
I also have 13k saved up. Both are possible anon
>>
>>5423373
>living at home
>cheap tuition
>13k saved up
For what? The Brinks truck won't follow you to the cemetery anon.
>>
>>5422295
Fucking why?

As long as you're not a mouth breathing retard, young, not a criminal you'll be fine.
>>
>>5423347
geez, this thread is starting to turn out like a normal talk with my parents.

I save literally everything i make.
I made it into a grand in just 3 weeks, so one every 3 or 4 months buying a figure is nothing.
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 272x185px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 272x185px
>>5424048
It's called experience, lad.
>>
>>5424161
I worked for Target, there is no "Toy department". There is an electronics department, which you basically only have to be young and nerdy to be qualified to work in. Otehrwise litterally everything is the same in a target. Customer wants something, you either know where it is off the top of your head, or you look it up on your Target pda, then you show customer. You don't need an intimate knowledge of every product, just be good with the layout of the store.
>>
>>5424048
>1k
>in just three weeks!

hahahahahahaha you spergy faggot, that's bit something to be proud of!
>>
>>5424048
>1k in a 3 weeks.
Anon, that is not enough to live on. It shows your parents that you have no intention of being self-sufficient and wouldn't be capable of living with out them. You gleefully demonstrate that they have failed their one biological job.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.