[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are they /toy/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

How are they /toy/?
>>
>>5420806
Sour grapes here >>5419014
>>
Shit.

But still the best thing that DCC has out right now.

Try to wrap your head around that.
>>
>>5420806
I have Batman coming in this week. I've been considering doing a Batman scale comparison with different toyline's Batman figures. Figuarts,DC Icons, DCUC, Mafex, etc.
>>
>>5420843

Yeah that's never been done before...
>>
>>5420847
I admit it's not the most original idea, but there's so many Batman figures released across different companies frequently it'd be cool to gather them all up as a scale guide,w which is something you occasionally get requests for. I also wanted to do little jokes like having Roger Smith serve as the Batman substitute for Figma and Daredevil subbing in Marvel Legends.
>>
>>5420806
Forgive me if this sounds hugely autistic, but...why is the ab crunch a hinge? Wouldn't a ball-jointed waist have been cheaper AND allowed for a greater range of motion?
>>
>>5420986
Yeah kind of a weird choice there.
>>
>>5420986
In theory the hinge allows for more movement in its one axis. With a ball joint the ball's shaft is going an inherent obstruction when the ball-socket hits it, where as a hinge is limited only by the design of the figure. Of course, there are those ball-joints with a cut specifically in the middle of the socket so the shaft won't be an obstruction. Hobbybase makes some aftermarket ball-joints with a cut, but they're also brittle/weak over time so take it as you will.

Personally I don't think the hinge is a bad idea in itself, and probably leaves less room for gaps, since with ball-joints you need craters for the ball to meet the socket.
>>
They have a lot of room to improve, but they are still better than the DCUC figures I have. DC kinda sucks at toy engineering, but they are getting better.
>>
They're very good so far. 8/10.

>>5420986
>>5421142
Sure is people talking about toys they don't own, muchless notice what the articulation is noted in OP's chart.
It has a ball joint where the normal ab crunch usually is. They gave it a lower ab hinge because it offers a greater degree of motion than a normal ball joint would, as >>5421142 said.
So you get the best of both worlds by having two joints there instead of just one ab crunch.
>>
Too bad it's too short to scale with 6 inch figures.
>>
>>5421638
They are six inch figures. Marvel legends are generally a little taller than 6 inches.
>>
File: DC-Icons-Batman-36.jpg (254KB, 2048x1257px) Image search: [Google]
DC-Icons-Batman-36.jpg
254KB, 2048x1257px
>>5421709
>They are six inch figures.
Ok, then this batman toy should be 6.2 inches tall. Instead what we get is this manlet that scales with nothing.

>>5421709
>Marvel legends are generally a little taller than 6 inches.
No shit, because super heros are fucking tall, who would have thought.
>>
File: DC-Icons-Batman-30.jpg (194KB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
DC-Icons-Batman-30.jpg
194KB, 1365x2048px
>No thigh swivel.
Another swing and miss DC.
>>
>>5421805
They are SIX INCH figures. That batman is six inches tall. You are complaining about two lines that don't follow a hard scale from different companies not scaling with each other.
>>
>>5421805
>genetic modified super soldier
>human covered in armor
looks in scale to me f.am
>>
>>5421805
Six inch is not a scale. 1/12 is a scale. Neither ML or DCi are 1/12 scale. They are close, but not. If they were, ML spiderman would be shorter than that dci batman, but he's not.
>>
>>5421862
Odd to have 6 inch figures as opposed to roughly 1/12 scale. They're pretty good figures, but the lack of thigh swivel is an issue. There isn't enough room on the ball peg or socket to get a good range.
>>
>>5421871
They are roughly 1/12 scale, the same way marvel is roughly 1/12 scale.

Thigh swivel needs to happen, better bicep swivel connection needs to happen, as current is too loose or gets loose too quickly. Head ball joint needs complete rethinking as current use limits range too much. needs a hinged ball like black series.
>>
>>5421805
>on the left a person in a suit of armor tailor made to his stylings, like making him taller
>on the right a person pumped with enough drugs to bulk him out and make crazy fuckers try to recreate it with gamma radiation
>in the middle some guy who puts on spandex, wears a cape, and scares criminals for a living because he has nothing better to do at night
>>
File: ml caps.jpg (419KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
ml caps.jpg
419KB, 1600x800px
>>5421871
>>5421805
>Odd to have 6 inch figures as opposed to roughly 1/12 scale.
But Hasbro doesn't make 1/12 figures either.

Only the older MLs are 1/12 and Icons Batman is closer to 1/12 scale than any current ML.
>>
>>5421897
>manlet Bucky Cap is in scale with Icons Batman
At least that Buck is useful now.
>>
>>5420806

I like em despite some design and engineering issues. Unique sculpts, bunch of hands/accessories overall, and decent range of motion for what's there.
>>
>>5421897
I'm not sure what you're showing me, friend. 1/12 is such that someone who's 6' translated to that scale would be 6". The icons batman figure is under 6" when batman is around 6'3", I believe. The bucky cap mold would translate to around 6'1", and cap, who's around 6'4", is also at a fairly accurate height. So I'd definitely say, at least in general and outside of outliers like giant Thor or wrecking crew, the scale isn't actually that far off from 1/12 in ML.

Unless I'm missing something. I haven't slept in over 40 hours.
>>
File: ml panthers.jpg (35KB, 213x320px) Image search: [Google]
ml panthers.jpg
35KB, 213x320px
>>5422158
Just saying, that the Icons Batman is closer to 1:12 scale than most modern MLs.
So he fits in better with other 1:12 lines.

Also, I hate how they've enlarged the ML line, but that's mostly thanks to the whole redecoing with a limited number of bodies.
>>
>>5422158
>The icons batman figure is under 6"
The icons batman is a hair over 6 inches. Batman is supposed to be 6 foot 2. He's a lot closer to 1:12 scale than ML spider-man figures, are.
>>
>>5422158
The toy isn't litereally 1/12 scale, it's just a 6" toy. Same with ML figures, they aren't literally 1/12 just kinda close due to being 6".

How can you be this new here?
>>
File: dc-collectibles-101[1].jpg (140KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
dc-collectibles-101[1].jpg
140KB, 1280x960px
I really like the Icons line. No thigh swivel is a bit of a drag but IMO the sculpts are a lot better than Marvel Legends.

Can't wait for Superman and potentially Captain Marvel/Wonder Woman in wave 5.
>>
I bought Mister Miracle and aside from from a couple missteps with articulation (no waist or thigh swivel) I dig it. I can see myself collecting more of these.
>>
>>5421709
Thats because most of the characters are taller than 6 feet. These are not even close enough to 6in scale to loosely claim it.
>>
>>5421862
This what some companies have been doing to mislead. All of them wont be 6 inches. The females and short guys will always be made shorter even when they claim 6in.
>>
>>5422273
Did you not read what I wrote? Obviously the line as a whole isn't 1/12 but in my exact post I share a couple examples, from the post I responded to, which have quite accurate sizes for the characters represented. In that other pic with Black Panther he's supposed to be 6', so toybiz is more accurate in this case, but 6'2 that the bucky cap mold is is hardly breaking the bank. Due to the reuse they obviously won't get scale exactly, but they're mostly in the ballpark. Another example for Icons is Mr Miracle. The guy is 6' but his figure is quite short compared to the others. If he was accurate he'd be about the same size as the current batman, who'd be a bit taller himself. I don't get where you're missing my point. If you could explain where you're coming from rather than general statements and calling me new it'd be great...
>>
>>5422701
Right, but again, neither are the marvel legends figures.
>>
To be fair, their batman is pretty shrimpy. He's like a mm under what he should be.
The other figures scale just fine.

Lamer and Batman here should be the same height. Green Arrow matches what he should be.
So they're more accurately scaled for 1:12 than other figures are in this size range.
>>
Only thing missing from DC Icons is a thigh swivel and possible extra heads/face.
>>
>>5423311
That's good. Maybe that batman reallt was supposed to be dick. The height and thinner build match up better. I guess then they really just look small at this point due to smaller proportions.
>>
>>5423311
>>5423439
Yeah,its Dick as Batman, the figure is from the Last Rites storyline,where he was Batman. I think they did that so when they do a better version eventually its not going to seem like a double dip
>>
>>5421821
human thighs dont swivel.
>>
>>5423311
hal has no ass
>>
>>5423897
>Trying to defend it
>>
>>5424420
>>5423897
DCD needs to go back to making triple jointed knees.
It's superior to a thigh swivel.
>>
>>5424512
Definitely an interesting design.
>>
>>5420843
take good clear pics, I would love to see that
>>
>>5424512
that looks fucking awful though. it looks like something is wrong with him
>>
File: gl sdcc dio.jpg (315KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
gl sdcc dio.jpg
315KB, 600x400px
>>5425261
There is something wrong with him, because he comes from a video game with awful art.

The GL figures that have triple jointed knees look better.
>>
>>5425351
what line is this?
>>
>>5423897
Mine do. Get on my level.
>>
>>5424512
Which Batman is?
>>
>>5425351
>FUCK YOU, I'M ATROCITUS
>>
>>5425351
That's probably because their legs are completey black, which pulls less attention to all the joints in said legs.
>>
File: Injustice flash dc collectibles.jpg (108KB, 600x721px) Image search: [Google]
Injustice flash dc collectibles.jpg
108KB, 600x721px
>>5430679
the injustice line looked fine too with their triple jointed knees.

>>5429639
It's a 3.75" GL line from DC Collectibles. They're small manlets compared to 1:18 lines.
Same as this Injustice line.
>>
>>5430755
aw shame theyre 3.75
>>
I know for a fact I'm gonna get one anyway but lack of thigh rotation is such a bummer considering how DC 6-inch/ish action figures have just always been behind every single modern toy curve but these sculpts and articulation look like moving forward at least a solid step.

I dunno, maybe by lacking thigh swivels we have the slight compensation of not seeing the ugly straight cuts they usually do for thigh rotation. Although, they could just put them at the top of the thigh.

Anyway, eager to pick them up and see DC toys finally get away from the DCUC-style design as well as the DC Direct t-crotch days.
>>
>>5434243
I gotta say I was bummed at first but the overall look and attention to detail is great. These feel like they should be a little more expensive than they are. Less toy like than the dcuc with their blocky proportions. Icons seem like they're somewhere in between dcuc and figuarts.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.