[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
NECA General: Aliens Wave 7 moved to February...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 348
Thread images: 72
File: Wave7.jpg (99 KB, 1024x750) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Wave7.jpg
99 KB, 1024x750
Previous Thread: >>5395508

Talk about NECA stuff here. Like the fact that Aliens Wave 7 was moved up from April to February.

Also, Ultimate Striker Eureka coming soon, and Ultimate T2 Figures pouring in.
>>
Got the T-1000 coming my way. Gonna be hot
>>
>>5413379
>All of it is made in China anyways, there's no reason why we should have to wait longer than you guys.

Well, it is all shipped to NECA, and they ship it all out to retailers. It isn't like it ships directly to TRU, and other retailers directly from China.
>>
>>5413382
>Well, it is all shipped to NECA, and they ship it all out to retailers

thats pretty retarded, why not expand and set up a Neca UK so they too can make products and help the company raise their profile?
>>
>>5413391

Because that's not how the world works?
>>
>>5413395
Oh right. Mcfarlane has been doing it that way for years but more successful if I might add. Better keep it home grown American.
>>
>>5413395
He's right though. Once the figures are finished and packaged they should be distributed globally.

Sending them from China to the US to then be sent around the world is more costly and just causes delays for everyone else.
>>
>>5413404

Hey it's bad enough we pay the Chinese to make our toys, gotta keep something in the states.
>>
>>5413412
>He's right though. Once the figures are finished and packaged they should be distributed globally.
>Sending them from China to the US to then be sent around the world is more costly and just causes delays for everyone else.

You'd think so, but you're wrong. There's a reason companies do it that way. They can't just ship things out directly from the factory.
>>
>>5413391

I honestly don't know why they don't do it that way. I imagine they have everything sent to them directly because they start selling still immediately as they receive it in their own stores. Maybe it is some sort of "advantage" tactic, in that if they have a week or so head start in sales over TRU and other retailers, more people are buying directly from them, so the profit is a little higher.

Maybe the market in the UK isn't quite as big on paperwork as it appears at first glance.
>>
>>5413404

And people say Americans are entitled when we want a japan only exclusive toy...
>>
I hope some of you never start a business.
>>
>>5413415
>There's a reason companies do it that way

American companies? Hasbro distributes them evenly and even Thailand Toys R Us gets Black Series The Force Awakens action figures.
>>
>>5413418

That's because Japan can do no wrong. You mustn't ever forget that. I think that's the ever-rule for /toy/ these days.
>>
>>5413415
>>5413419
Clearly you have all the answers so why don't you tell us why Neca doesn't ship their figures directly from their factory?

Tell us how distributing from China > USA > rest of world makes more financial sense than China > rest of world.
>>
>>5413422

And? "Evenly" isn't even right. I've seen shots of droves and droves of figures we barely get shit spatterings of.

Fuck, Hasbro couldn't even be arsed to ship some of the final Star Wars figures over the goddamn Canadian border to the US because it wasn't worth it to them. We missed out on two whole waves because of that.
>>
>>5413423
Japanese action figures have better engineering and hide the joints better than Neca could ever hope to achieve.
>>
>>5413431
You're not wrong, but they also cost 2-3x more than Neca figures and I run the risk of being hit with customs fees when I buy from Japs.
>>
>>5413436

Yeah, what's up with your custom fees anyway?
>>
>>5413438
Greedy government and parcel companies.

20% tax for items valued at >£15 and if your package is intercepted by Parcelforce you get a lovely £13.50 'admin fee' to pay or they hold your parcel hostage.
>>
>>5413427
There might be trade laws that make it more economical for an item to go from China to the US to another country. Remember that the US is one of the least-taxed commercial customs operations in the developed world. I don't know, that's my guess. Ask Randy on twitter.
>>
Come on guys. Let's have less "know it alls" and more pics of our figures!
>>
>>5413508
DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO
>>
So any word on what Batman NECA has planned next for 1/4 scale?

I'd really like to see a Arkham City variant to go with the Origins/Knight ones they have done.
>>
File: Giddy up!.jpg (3 MB, 2953x3827) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Giddy up!.jpg
3 MB, 2953x3827
>>5413508
:^)
>>
>>5413520

They're actually doing Batfleck next. They posted pics of the face prototype.
>>
>>5413525
Nice, if they can get the texture right on the suit then that will be a nice 1/4.
>>
>>5413522
I cant tell if your going for a penis vibe or the old school horse-head-on-stick toy.
>>
>>5413599
I was going for the latter, but now that you mention the penis thing I kinda get why Randy wouldn't retweet it :^)
>>
>>5413613

It is a very floppy cock look...the back of the head most of course...why, if you got a shadowed side shot...
>>
Love my xenos but I need a better setup
>>
>>5413360
I love this line but i'm not a huge fan of Sarah, i really never wanted a figure of her but now I feel like I have to buy it.

Also, I have the old Movie Maniacs McFarlane T-800, Are there any good reasons for me to get the new Neca one?
>>
>>5413653
I meant Endoskeleton
>>
>>5413653
The McFarland one bad when you compare it to the endoes now. When neca first gave us enough endo many many years ago I compared them and you just see a better figure in neca. Now standing can be an issue but for the 2 I have I sit seem to have that issue
>>
Is the Godzilla line dead after three figures and a repaint or what?
>>
>>5413679
Thought isaw randy say on twitter there is more for.us this year
>>
I really wish I got in to the predator line sooner then I did. I only have the NES Predator and the 3 AVP predators and I'm watching some youtube reviews and holy fuck that battle armor lost predator is awesome as fuck. Look like I may have to trade transformers or GI Joes that I don't display anymore to get him and Bad Blood. Holy fuck
>>
>>5413522
which predator is this?
>>
>>5413141
Why are the first terminator and predator Necas 100 dollars

why doesn't Neca remake them?
>>
>>5413725

That's the Wasp predator from Batman: Dead End.
>>
Don't mind through empty spot it's gonna be for more predators...and don't mind the wrestlers
>>
>>5413770
*the wow. Stupid phone.
>>
>>5413770

Hey that looks pretty solid man!
>>
>>5413788
Thanks! Gonna move out the wrestlers once I get more and more predators or anything neca really. Cany figure my xenos there so they are where my other pic above shows
>>
>>5413770
Looks great man. Keep it up.
>>
>>5413770
nice. I spy defining moments macho man. such an awesome figure.
>>
>>5413863
>>5413868
Thanks anons! I lose those shelves. I wish I had more like them. I love that Macho Man too.
>>
>>5413900
don't want to shit up this thread with wrestling but here's mine >>5413981
>>
>>5413382

I can literally find new SH Figuarts and Mezco figures that have only been out for a few weeks in my local comic shops. But the newest NECA figures are months old. Newest figure I've seen in person was the Ultimate Leatherface, which didn't even arrive here until November,

Still waiting for HOTS wave 1, NECA. You have UK distributors, kick them in the arse to make them actually work.
>>
File: 0172016224626.jpg (186 KB, 869x1024) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
0172016224626.jpg
186 KB, 869x1024
I think this isolation alien is my favorite so far. I love the look and it's also the sturdiest and stands the best of all of them I have.
>>
Does anyone have Shaun?
>>
>>5413900
Im not into wrestling but I dig your organization. My collection is a clusterfuck so posting it would only gain me ridicule.
>>
>>5413141
Any news on the reissuing of seven inch supes/batman
>>
File: DSC01972.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1620) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
DSC01972.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1620
reposting from last thread, I enjoy these two
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 570x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 570x300
They did Memelands once before. McFarlene did TWD. There's a chance, right?
>>
>>5414240
There's no fucking way. Which is a shame. I just wanted Gaige and Krieg.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Here's mine. Ignore the Bearer and Josuke.

>>5414265
Western vidya needs more figure love.
>>
>>
>>5414279
>Western vidya needs more figure love.
With Evolve and the Bethesda lines, I was really hoping Funko Legacy would step up to the plate. Obviously they haven't been impressing.
>>
>>5414295
>Evolve
Nobody cared. Bethesda ones had a much better chance at catching on. Maybe we'll see some form of pic related sometime around Dishonored 2 releasing.
>>
File: image.jpg (363 KB, 606x928) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
363 KB, 606x928
>>5414301
Forgot pic because gay
>>
>>5414301
I actually would have loved some of the Evolve hunters like Bucket. And I really wish we could get the other monsters. But I didn't really want the hunters they released and I'm not delusional enough to believe that me buying them could save that line from crashing and burning. I still can't believe how much they fucked up the bethesda ones since the Evolve ones actually looked pretty decent.

Would love to see Neca take a whack at some power armor.
>>
>>5414279

nice faram knight, senpai. Wish we got some Articulated Souls figure.
>>
>>5414371
Chosen Undead Figma never ever
>>
File: P1160112.jpg (642 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
P1160112.jpg
642 KB, 1200x1600
I can safely say that Celtic is one of the best Predator figures ever made.
>>
File: P1160104.jpg (781 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
P1160104.jpg
781 KB, 1200x1600
>>5414625
Sculpt, articulation, paint, NECA really gave it their fucking all for this one.
>>
>>5414630
>>5414625

Yeah he's a sexy motherfucker. I like the tiny detail put into the mouth of the mask, the little spikes, outcroppings, whatever.
>>
>>5414625

>Poor little Mandalorian

>>5414630

UK release when?
>>
File: Crazy Ralph.jpg (16 KB, 400x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Crazy Ralph.jpg
16 KB, 400x300
Pamela Voorhees NECA when?

I wouldn't mind a figure of pic related, either, even if it would be less likely. Maybe in a short Friday The 13th wave?
>>
>>5414838

You're slow, Anon. They've done a Pamela along with a Kid Jason. good luck finding it for a decent price, though.
>>
>>5414840
Wasn't that just the clothed figure, though? I was thinking more of a standard, fully articulated 7in version.
>>
Has anyone else had issues with Isolation Xeno's lower leg joints starting to loosen up? I had it standing perfectly straight up looking like the tall beautiful bitch it, but it seems like the weight has affected the stability of the knees or lower. Thinking about heating and just pressing the parts together and seeing if that will tighten it any.
>>
>>5414935
Not specifically with Isolation but my genocide warriors have gone extremely loose at the knees, so much that they're either crouching to the ground or standing straight up. Can't really hold a pose anywhere in between.
>>
File: _.jpg (234 KB, 1024x1820) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
_.jpg
234 KB, 1024x1820
Is there a lamer way to display your figures than literally nailing them to a blank wall?
>>
>>5415024
I do it. I use push pins to hang them on. Works beautifully.
>>
File: brawler.png (16 KB, 637x294) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
brawler.png
16 KB, 637x294
Well, this is worrying. Wouldn't be surprised if Brawler and Battle at the Docks Gipsy are cancelled and Hardship is the last figure we get. They've pretty much ran out of figures with resusable molds, and now that Pacific Rim 2 is cancelled, there's no hype for the franchise anymore.

18" Striker didn't sell well, so I highly doubt 18" Crimson Typhoon is happening
Slattern will be expensive as fuck and has no reusable molds, so little profit there
Raiju, Karloff and Onibaba got very little screentime so demand won't be that high
People are sick of Gipsy Danger so BatD will flop
And Brawler Yukon wasn't even in the movie
>>
>>5415078
I wouldn't fear monger just yet, give it time and we'll see what happens come Toy Fair
>>
>>5415083
All I expect from the PR line at Toyfair, if it's there at all, is stuff we've already seen and maybe a Brawler Yukon unveiling.
>>
>>5415114
It really doesn't.

And I have 98% of my stuff open, I keep certain things on card if I really like them that way due to card art or display.
>>
>>5415114
> looks shit
> famspeak
> cares about what people do with their toys

You are like a layer cake of faggot
>>
>>5415156
>>5415174
Whoa there, I didn't mean to upset the MOC defense force, I saw this pic >>5415024 on Twitter and thought it looked awful. I have a few boxed figures myself but I don't nail them to my walls because that would look stupid.

Also it's pretty funny since Neca went through the trouble of updating the predators articulation for some faggots to leave their figures in the box forever.
>>
>>5415174
I bet he's that same guy who once sperged the fuck out because one guy mentioned he had his Cherno Alpha posed fighting with Knifehead.
>>
>>5415184
Try not getting your nuts twisted at how people do things in their life.
>>
>>5415184
>I don't nail them to my walls

They didn't nail them to the walls in the picture you posted either.

You look fucking stupid.
>>
>>5415229
My comments were directed at the picture I posted you fucking dolt. If you don't nail your boxes to your walls then why would you get offended?
>>
>>5415231
AND THERE ARE ZERO NAILS IN THAT PICTURE YOU RETARD
>>
>>5415231
Also, I don't have to be offended to think you are an idiot for saying someone literally nailed their toys to a wall in a picture with literally zero nails
>>
>>5415237
>>5415237
Nails/screws/tacks, doesn't matter, it looks shit.
>>
>>5415239
And you've been proven wrong, so you should cut this nitwit crusade out, for everyone's sanity.
>>
>>5415239
Nobody cares what you think you foreign fuckface

Post a picture of your toys so we can repost it elsewhere and complain about what you do with your stuff
>>
>>5415245
>opinions can be proven wrong

Kek, all it proves is that multiple people here have shit taste, you being one of them.

>>5415246
Damn dude you're full on mad aren't ya? Maybe Reddit would be more suitable for someone like you.
>>
>>5415255
Sorry your weak attempt to shit on someone else blew up in your face kid, perhaps fucking off to /b/ would be more your style?
>>
>>5415024
I know lots of people who do this. I think it was popular in the 90s more so but the fact that im even saying that makes me blegh
>>
>>5415301
this isnt twitter neca anon, dick sucking isnt appropriate on a blue board
>>
>>5415309
>oh shit everyone knows I'm a fag, time to call someone necanon to distract them!
>>
>>5415314
>oh shit Im replying to the smelly troll why do these threads keep getting worse?
>>
>>5415255
I dont have to be angry to think you're a trash person who cares too much about other people's toys
>>
>>5415316
>oh shit I'm going to pretend to be on the right side so nobody yells at me anymore!
>>
>>5415301
>trying to convince is youre not Necanon
>say kid every fucking post

Sup Necanon. Posting from the Neca section at toys r us again? How many children did you scream at today when they walked by the scetion without even glancing at it?
>>
>April release date
>Release date moved moved up two months

Is this opposite day?
Normally when Neca says April, I plan for July.
>>
1. How is the deluxe xenomorph queen? Local store sells it for 80 bucks

2. Anything cool I can display it that's out now and wont cost an arm and a leg? I don't own any neca aliens or Predators
>>
File: CZBVcG-VAAEe-wz.jpg (77 KB, 600x750) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CZBVcG-VAAEe-wz.jpg
77 KB, 600x750
>>5415712
>1. How is the deluxe xenomorph queen? Local store sells it for 80 bucks

Buy it. Especially at like $20 off regular price? Fuck yeah you better buy it. Great figure.

Also yay Bat Gremlin. So buying this immediately.
>>
>>5415732
can the wings articulate?
>>
>>5415738

I believe they're articulated at the shoulder and are bendy. The prototype had the wings folded over the figure itself.
>>
>>5415712
>1. How is the deluxe xenomorph queen? Local store sells it for 80 bucks

That's a great price. And like the other anon said it's a great figure but be aware how much space it takes up, it's fucking huge.

>2. Anything cool I can display it that's out now and wont cost an arm and a leg? I don't own any neca aliens or Predators

Any of the new AvP predators would be a good introduction to the series, and the Isolation xenomorph would make a great first alien since it's essentially Big Chap with the Dog Alien's legs.
>>
>>5415744
>bendy

ah so a wire and soft plastic?
>>
>>5415712
Good lord you better get it for that price, thats amazing. If you stand her up straight she wont take up that much space width wise.
>>
>>5413141
i'm really looking forward to that black warrior, waiting for so long to get one without the shitty clear head.
>>
File: AvP.png (901 KB, 609x576) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
AvP.png
901 KB, 609x576
>>5415996
If you like Predators too, you should try hunting down that TRU exclusive two-pack they released a few months ago. The Alien itself is just a repaint of Big Chap, but it's my personal favorite Xeno.
>>
>>5415996
This sounds more like what you were looking for
>>
>>5416038
>>5416040
>netting is sculpted, and then painted over

No thanks. I'll wait for a pred body that isn't shit.
>>
Have they fixed Grid's tail yet?

If not, fuck this wave.
>>
>>5416043
Why not just buy it for the Alien, and sell the Pred then?
>>
>>5416054
You could always just cut it off yourself.

>>5416061
Careful you don't cut yourself on that edge bro.

>>5416071
He might as well just buy a wave 5 black genocide warrior, it'd be cheaper and less hassle than splitting the 2-pack.
>>
any of you guys in the states still see any bad Blood Predators while you are out? I didn't grab him and now I am kicking myself.
>>
>>5416038
>>5416040
i don't wan't to spend $80 just for the alien is all. that Alien is ideal though.
>>
File: AvP two pack.png (302 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
AvP two pack.png
302 KB, 1366x768
>>5416136
Have you tried the TRU website? I'm looking at it now, and it's only $44 (USD)

That might just be a regional thing, though.
>>
Ultimate Striker is now listed as shipping February 5th on the NECA site, after it was originally coming out in November 2015.

>tfw Britbong and probably won't see it until like the start of April
>>
File: ayy.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ayy.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>5416158
>internet explorer and chrome
>itunes
>utorrent
>all that other shit pinned to the taskbar

This ain't /g/ so I'll try not to laugh too hard.
>>
>>5416158
He's probably Canadian. That 2 pack is 79.99 here.
>>
>>5416173

And my Nendroid Link and several other things got pushed back too. Guess what, that happens. A lot.
>>
>>5414846
Nah, they did a figure of Pamela early on. She has shit articulation though. They had to pay to get Betsy Palmer's likeness. It's unlikely you'll see another figure of her. And it's doubtful you'll see a Crazy Ralph, because they'd have to pay for his likeness as well.
>>
>>5415056
I only do this for some of my ML variants. I know they ain't worth shit now, but I still can't help but feel good about having a MOC Dark Phoenix or unmasked Goblin, you know?
>>
File: Ahab.jpg (531 KB, 2400x3000) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Ahab.jpg
531 KB, 2400x3000
Has anybody looked into swapping Ahab's giant melon onto one of the new AvP bodies? Seems like the proportions might turn out all right.
>>
>>5416412

Hey I'm the same way man. I've got Goblin, Phoenix, young Logan still. I also have my Hellboy variants on the wall like that, too.

Also more Bat.
>>
>>5416442

Someone said they tried it a few threads ago. Said it was too small or something
>>
>>5416442
One anon did it a while ago. The pegs were differet types so youd have to do some customizing but other than that it sorta worked.
>>
>>5416121
Amazon still has them in the mid 30s
>>
>>5415024
open them
>>
What the going rate on the alien queen?

Toy/comic/collectables place near me has one for $150, and that seems pretty high.

But Im a maple fucker, so maybe thats the usual price?

>they have like 20 unsold boxes of the power loader for $150 each and ts in a tiny fucking box
>>
>>5416872
The queen is only supposed to be $100. $150 is definitely a ripoff.
>>
UK anons, seen any new NECA stuff in your stores?
>>
>>5413141
I'm new to the Alien franchise, why do some aliens have the smooth heads but others have ribbed ones? i dont remember seeing the ribbed headed xenomorphs in the first two movies
>>
>>5417045

The Xenos with the ridges first appeared in the second movie, actually. In fact, that's the movie they were best known for it.

The only other movie they had the ridges in was AvP:R. In all the rest they had the smooth some.
>>
>>5417045
Different designers, the smooth one is most iconic because it was made by H.R Giger, the ribbed ones and the queen and pretty much all other aliens (apart from the dog alien in alien 3) were by other people, so he only really put effort into the first and third alien designs, other movies use stylized variations (resurrection gives them a really freaky look when you look at their bodies)

If you want a fiction explanation the smooth heads are drones, ribbed are warriors
>>
>>5417045
one's smooth for the virgins and one's ribbed for your pleasure
>>
>>5417045

They gain the ridges as they age and continue to molt.
>>
>>5417045

The actual reason was during the making of Aliens, they had the domes but thought it would be too fragile for the action scenes they were doing, so they just left the domes off and thought it still looked cool. There's no real in-universe reason, but the two best theories are either the ridged head aliens are warriors and the domed are drones, or that the ridged head aliens are older aliens who molted.

Most video games go with the drone/warrior theory, I believe.
>>
>>5416907
Geordie anon here, checked out the shoos in Newcastle on Saturday and the newest stuff I saw was terminator genysis figures. Still no sign of aliens wave 6 or predator wave 14.
>>
>>5417045
Like a lot Alien lore, its mostly headcanon. Video games say they are different classes. Some of the novels say it's different ages.

I happen to believe its just natural genetic variation, like blonde or brunette and just depends on the particular queen.
>>
>>5417132

And unfortunately the headcanon was better than Prometheus.
>>
I noticed a couple of sellers on ebay UK are advertising the ultimate Sarah Connor + T-1000 figures as 'IN STOCK' so it looks like they'll be in stores soon lads.
>>
>>5417111
This anon is correct. The worst part is there is no definitive Alien lore because we get a new movie every 8 or so years that changes it all.
>>
James Cameron gave that reason that the Aliens warriors didn't have dome because they were older Xenos who had molted more.

The real reason the Xenos look different in every movie just as has already been mentioned: The people making the movies just wanted a different look than the previous ones.

There's plenty of speculation that sort of make sense as to why each Xeno looks different, but there's nothing official.

Big Chap is the first one we got to see, so it looks the way it does just because it was the original.
Aliens versions look the way they do because they're older and they've molted more.
Alien 3 Xeno looks the way it does because it came from a Dog/Ox (depending on which version we're talking about...) but it definitely wasn't from a human, so makes sense it would look different.
Resurrection Xenos look different, because they're like, weird clone things that were the result of being grown in a lab, and also have a tiny bit of Ripley DNA in them.
AvP Xenos look the way they do because the Preds bred "super" Xenos so they'd be more aggressive for a more thrilling hunt.
Requiem Xenos actually sorta look like the Aliens Xenos, but the costumes kinda look cheaper. Also, even though we're talking about fan theories/speculation, it really doesn't make sense then for them to have the ridged heads.

But whatever. Like I said, there's nothing that officially states any of that.
>>
>>5417218
I assumed the Human/Xeno hybrids in AvP:R came out funny was because they were all conceived by the Predalien, instead of through the normal Queen-then-egg-then-facehugger-then-rape method of reproduction. Might as well skip some stages of maturity when they had to cut corners just for you to be born, right?
>>
>>5417218
Requiem really fucked up the "older molted" theory.

I think it just makes sense to assume there is natural variation in the population, no different than why deer all have different looking antlers, or peacocks crazy feathers.

I feel like if people analyzed real life like they do Alien or Star Wars lightsabers, or any of this shit, we'd get things like "Peacocks with blue feathers are warriors. Ones with purple feathers are gaurdians. Ones tan/gold feathers are hunters"
>>
>>5417260
There were facehuggers on the crashed Predator ship for some reason. Only some game from direct implantation from the Predalien. Others came from facehuggers (the source of the facehuggers is never given).
>>
>>5417334
They were kept in glass tanks by the predators on the ship who got rek'd by the Predalien. They probably keep them for research purposes, or maybe pets.
>>
>>5417336
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Movie was so shit I haven't care to revisit it since dvd release.
>>
File: Xeno theory.png (113 KB, 1907x313) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Xeno theory.png
113 KB, 1907x313
>>5417218
>>5417260
>>5417330
>>5417334
>>5417336
>>5417340
>>
File: 20160119_104700.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
20160119_104700.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Somebody asked for a lewd Xeno and Stormtrooper last thread.
>>
File: jt.gif (542 KB, 311x283) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
jt.gif
542 KB, 311x283
>>5417643
m-more
>>
File: Sandy&Chap.jpg (395 KB, 2988x4688) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Sandy&Chap.jpg
395 KB, 2988x4688
>>5417643
>>5417656

It's not always forceful. Chap knows how to wine and dine.
>>
File: Ahab2.jpg (129 KB, 980x1193) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Ahab2.jpg
129 KB, 980x1193
>>5416442

I did the head swap and posted pics 2 or 3 threads ago.

It doesn't look "terrible" with Ahab, so long as you leave the mask on. The old heads are too small for the AvP body, but for Ahab it sorta works, since the Predators that you can remove the masks from sorta look like they have big heads anyway when you put their mask on.
>>
File: Ahab1.jpg (136 KB, 712x1243) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Ahab1.jpg
136 KB, 712x1243
>>5417816

Luckily, Ahab's mask is pretty close to the same color/similar worn look, so even without without altering either the Ahab mask or the AvP body, it doesn't look terrible.

Skin colors don't match at all though, and his head will look tiny if you take the mask off anyway.
>>
File: Ahab3.jpg (81 KB, 922x691) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Ahab3.jpg
81 KB, 922x691
>>5417823

There's also the fact that the pin that the head sits on is a lot shorter on the old bodies. The longer pin on the new body means the head sits up further so it looks even more odd from some angles.
>>
Bought NECA NES Freddie. Mailman came to the door but required a signature for some reason so he didn't leave the package and I'm an anxiety tard and don't like answering the door so I let him leave.
>>
>>5417868
Surely going to the post office to collect your package is worse than answering the door for 5 seconds.

Pull yourself together m8.
>>
http://news.toyark.com/2016/01/19/interview-necas-randy-falk-part-1-video-game-appearance-line-187979

Interesting little interview about the 8-Bit line.
>>
Any ideas what F13th stuff might be coming out this year? Really not into the new Jason.
>>
As far as I can tell (according to what Randy says on twitter) they don't seem to have any new traditional Jason's planned. We'll probably have to wait another year or 2 for one

unless youre into the retro styled stuff, then hot diggity you're in luck
>>
>>5418837
meant this as a reply to this >>5418778
>>
Queen aside, what's the best Neca Xeno so far?
Is the Isolation Xeno better than the Dog?
>>
>>5419256

I broke out the three that I have (one from each of the first three movies) and I'm not impressed with their longevity. All three were posed in normal, non-extreme positions and all three are warped at the then, floppy knee joints. The dog alien is the worst of it, and also has really loose ankle and foot joints. The sculpt and paint is still phenomenal. I wish NECA would get around to using a better plastic.
>>
>>5419276

*thin. Also to note. All of NECA's godzilla figs have been solid (I own six). I think the weakness of the joints comes from the thin design more than anything.
>>
im really anxious to see NECAs new Godzilla at toyfair
Im afraid its gonna dip down in quality like their earlier godzillas. Their last one was 100% perfect, I hope they didn't peak
>>
>>5417141
What the fuck's Prometheus?
>>
>>5414625
Is that the 1/12 bandai boba fett model?
>>
File: xeno senpai.jpg (307 KB, 1224x1632) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
xeno senpai.jpg
307 KB, 1224x1632
>>5418837
>>5418778

>Uber Jason never

>>5417643
>>5417708

The one true pairing.

>>5417123

w-what about HOTS? I don't want to have to resort to ebay or Amazon?
>>
>>5419359
Thats never really happened before, at least with the stuff I get from them. Each figure gets better so i'm excited to see what they bring. Hoping its some Showa ones.
>>
>>5419401
Yup, thing's right aces.
>>
File: Fuckin A.jpg (37 KB, 129x196) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Fuckin A.jpg
37 KB, 129x196
>>5414228
I know it's the wrong franchise, but i can totally hear him screaming it
>>
>>5419588

>starship troopers when?
>>
>>5419256
Isolation is just Big Chap with Dog legs. It's up to your personal preference.
>>
File: 150319356514.jpg (45 KB, 526x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
150319356514.jpg
45 KB, 526x480
>>5418778
I'd love an updated Freddy vs. Jason set.
Freddy I could take or leave DESU but FvsJ Jason is by far my favorite look for the character.
>>
>>5419651
Essentially it is but it has differences.

Much Longer tail
Retooled lower jaw
New lower legs
Different color scheme
>>
>>5419359

The quality on their earlier Godzillas was great, so I don't know why you're worrying yourself over something so silly.
>>
>>5419815
rubber tail is nothing to boast about
>>
>>5419828
It works, and holds it's place better than a few of my Monsterarts Godzillas. So yeah, I'd say it is. It only needs to be longer on the NECAs.
>>
File: DSCN1798.jpg (801 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
DSCN1798.jpg
801 KB, 1600x1200
G'day, long time ago I posted about a possible big chap knock off because the sculpt wasn't all that clean, and it was the older version box.

Got lucky on mandarake (buying an american brand figure from japan, wow) and ended up with the newer big chap and a warrior, MUCH better, gonna clear space then bust these 2 out of their tombs.

But I have another question, see I got that triple pack of xeno's on pre-order, that's grid, the um...what dome head in black and that all clear variant, now that I have these 2, for the purpose of a pure varied collection that's iconic...do I really NEED the triple pack for the clear variant, its all I really want.

My collection consist of all video game repaints, the only exceptions are the neca tyrant (video game character, not repaint), t-800 endo and of course these 2 (since there isn't a repaint of them yet).

So, do I NEED the triple pack for the clear one, or would grid and the black dome stand out enough from my other 2?

And one final question, would we see a possible game repaint of big chap?

Cheers in advance.
>>
>>5419851
Is Big Chap in a game? If there is an NES repaint to be done, Neca will do it.
>>
>>5419854
I only know of alien 3 on nes and I got that one.

Also now that you mention nes, where can an aussie pre-order the contra 2 pack since japanese sites can't do it anymore?
>>
Maybe I'm being retarded here, but how do you get chopper's heads mounted on his back?
>>
>>5419869
One goes in the half claw on the back, one slips between that groove of the backpack.
>>
>>5419815
I'm not saying they're shit, but I wouldn't say they were great.
>>
>>5419928
I would.
>>
>>5419985
We know, you already said that. Stop.
>>
>>5419996
Not that guy, I just like the toys and I'm adding to the conversation. So I won't stop, I'm talking about toys I purchased on a toy board.
>>
>>5419588
>>5419603
I'd buy it if Neca made it.
>>
So does neca have any plans to restock the iso alien or should I just suck it up and pay $40 on ebay for one.
>>
>>5420113
Where are you at? TRUs have been getting the wave in abundance. Of course the xeno sells, so...
>>
>>5420113
yeah be stupid and buy off ebay now. good idea.
>>
>>5420138

My nearest tru has one end cap devoted to neca and 4 solid rows of bishop. It's been that way forever.
>>
>>5420354

I've seen those Kick-Ass figures on pegs for fucking ever.

Bishop lasted maybe four or five months or so, and I think there were maybe two of him.

Also, I just now realized that I never even saw Aliens wave 5 in either of the TRUs I frequent.
>>
Lookin' good.
>>
>>5420430
>Painted over netting

Cue the shitfits :^)
>>
>>5420435
Let them bitch, it's worth laughing at them.

>>5420430
That is looking very good, I still remember when I lost my actual Kenner Clan Leader figure. It'll be nice having this as an upgrade.
>>
>>5420430

Looks fucking awesome.

Orange and black always look sick together. That Viper Predator they did in wave 12 looked nice because of that, too.

And Clan Leader was one of my favorite Kenner figures anyway...

Anyway, the netting thing never really bothered me too much. I used to think it was kind of cheap that they would do that, but then I went back and looked across all the Predators they've done....there are literally only three figures that have unpainted netting (both Renegades and Cracked Tusk) where it doesn't make sense (obviously the cloaked Predators, and Lava Planet Pred who is also technically cloaked doesn't have painted netting either, but it wouldn't make sense for them to have it anyway) so I don't know why people get so bent out of shape when it is only really a few figures out of like 70 or whatever we're up to now.
>>
>>5420430

Yo, dat the AVP body? I hope it becomes a new standard
>>
>>5420618
And I just figure maybe their netting is transparent fiber instead of opaque. Doesn't bother me either.
>>
>>5420648
Exactly. It's one of those things that you really don't pay attention to anyway. It disappears when you're admiring the figure as a whole.
>>
been calling toysrus if they have avp preds in stock and they said no, not at the warehouse, nor any toysrus. tha fuk>
>>
>>5420723

They probably have no idea what you mean. Just this last week I've seen them at both my area TRUs that I frequent.
>>
>>5420723

Yeah never call TRU for information ever. I worked there and I was the only one that knew any product knowledge.

Go in. Make the trip and just check yourself. That's the only way you'll know for sure.
>>
>>5420723
Neva products are delivered by themselves directly to store via ups.

They wouldn't be in a tru wearhouse.
>>
>>5420730
whats your area?
>>
Am I the only one who thinks Amanda's eyes look kinda weird? I don't know what it is or what to call it, but it's worse on the spacesuit version. I'm really fussy when it comes to good eyes on figures and this is making me not want to pick up either of these.
>>
>>5420430
man, those sick skin patterns
but the netting shit is kinda offputting
>>
>>5421376

They look fine to me.
>>
>>5420430
>Painted over netting.
>>
>>5421376
i like how she magically loses the man jaw when she puts the space suit on
>>
>>5421661

I see you've never played the game. That's okay, not many did.
>>
>>5421376
Yea, the eyes on spacesuit ver. are definitely messed up. I've had a hard time finding an Amanda that looks good too.
>>
>point out painted over netting
>post gets deleted

Literally why?

Its a legit fucking criticism
>>
>>5421972

So which knob are you, and why can't you read?

>>5416043
>>5421653
>>
>>5421972
>Its a legit fucking criticism

It's legit fucking spam/trolling/shitposting.

The only people that use this excuse use it because they want to stir things up and are mad when they get their dick smacked away.
>>
>>5422000
I'm neither. My post was deleted.

>>5422689
Huh? It looks like shit and is incredibly lazy at the point? I bought the "we aren't doing a whole new sculpt for a few figures" excuse the first half dozen times. At this point, they have made so many unnetted press that the excuse just isn't valid anymore.
>>
>>5422721
>that the excuse just isn't valid anymore.

And this is why you will never run a business. I'd recommend shutting up so we don't have to listen to your moronic posts anymore.
>>
>>5422723
With the way things are heading Im sure Neca is gonna go bankrupt soon.
>>
>>5422723
These press are some of the best selling figures Neca has, and we've have had a half dozen with painted over netting. It absolutely would have priced out. Its just greed and laziness now.
>>
Britbongs, Kapow Toys have the Alien Isolation and AvP waves for sale on their website.
>>
>>5422725

I'm actually concerned. Please tell me why.
>>
>>5422743
>>5422725
>watch and be amazed at how much bullshit I pull from my ass
>>
>>5422721
>>5422743

> I bought the "we aren't doing a whole new sculpt for a few figures" excuse the first half dozen times.

Spoken like someone who is either an obvious troll, or has no fucking clue about the line that he is bitching about, since there haven't even been "a half a dozen" unpainted netted Predators to begin with, aside from the cloaked Preds which wouldn't make any sense at all to paint the netting on anyway.

Clan leader is literally only the fourth figure that has unpainted netting like that, and this is a line that is quickly approaching 100 figures.

Not to mention that the ONLY figures that haven't had painted netting have been Kenner figures, which they were upfront about cutting some corners with to begin with, and is a small miracle that they're even making them at all.
>>
>>5422785
To be fair, some of the Pred 2 lost tribe has unpainted netting too, I think. But yeah, it's a stupid troll argument at this point.
>>
>>5422802

None of the Lost Tribe figures have unpainted netting. I have all 9 of those figures. They even varied up the paint on the netting on those figures so they were the accurate color to the suits (like, Shaman has brown netting instead of black.)
>>
ITT: people getting butthurt over legitimate criticism and defending what they admit to be cutting corners

It's like bizarro world
>>
ITT: Trolls getting butthurt over the fact that they aren't getting more (You)s and that people don't agree with everything they parrot back and forth to one another.

It's like every NECA thread ever.
>>
>>5422725

Proof pls.
>>
People who dislike different things than you are not trolls. The only trolls in these threads are the insane freaks who can't handle someone disliking something and assume anyone who disagrees is just doing it to upset them.
>>
>>5422750
They have them cheaper than anywhere else at £18.99 each, but once you factor in shipping it kind of rounds out to £20 per figure, and I'd rather hand-pick my own figures if I'm paying the retail price.

Gotta get those perfect paint apps :^)
>>
>>5422853
But Neca is the best company and you're just a terrible troll.
>>
>>5422853

Having problems with the way a company does something, and not loving everything they do is perfectly fine.

Blatantly making up information, and then attacking that made up information, however isn't.
>>
>>5422785
>Clan leader is literally only the fourth figure that has unpainted netting like that

Bad Blood
Viper
Renegade
AvP 2pack pred
Cracked Tusk
and now Clan Leader will make 6. Half a dozen.
>>
>>5422840
Its really wierd isn't it?

I mean, I think painting over the netting looks like shit. I'm not a fan of it at all. When I mention this, instead of this guy just saying "doesn't bother me, I'll buy it anway" and moving on, he works up a fucking hernia.
>>
>>5420621
>I hope it becomes a new standard

The new body is a lot better, but I don't there to be a "standard".

We have the jungle hunter body, the super pred body, and an AvP body now. I think they should use all of them to keep variety up.

Also, they should pony up and make a new body with no netting to add into the rotation also.
>>
>>5422891
I like that you're assuming it's one guy and you're not actually getting blown the fuck out by several of us who are tired of your bullshit.

Because spoiler alert: we are.

It's the same shit every time, never once is it a new or constructive argument.
>>
>>5422903
>you're assuming its one guy
>It's the same shit every time, never once is it a new or constructive argument.

I think you're the one assuming one guy, mate. My post earlier in this thread about the painted netting that got deleted was my first ever on the subject.
>>
>>5422913
Sure it was. You poor victim, you.
>>
>>5420618
Bad Blood has painted over netting. He had actual netting in the promo pics, but it was painted over skin colored in the actual release.

But anyway, good post and respect your opinions. These other kiddies should look to your post as an example of to respond to criticism in a rational and respectable manner.
>>
>>5422891
So what's stopping you from going "I don't like it so I won't be buying it" and moving on, instead of flinging your shit around like a child and saying it's all cause of greed and laziness?
>>
>>5422939
I'm only responding to you guys responding to me.
>>
>>5422858
>Gotta get those perfect paint apps :^)
Probably not an issue with the Xeno and Preds. I can understand with Amanda though, I've seen some iffy paintjobs on her.
>>
>>5422887

Bad Blood and Viper have painted netting.

>>5422934

>He had actual netting in the promo pics,

You likely saw the 2up figure. The 2ups always have actual netting, because they're way bigger than the 8" figures that are the production run figures.
>>
>>5422969
I don't know man, you'd like to think so but check out the eyes on this Celtic I saw today. A few of them were like that.

And for those who don't see what I'm talking about, the blue paint on his eyes is misalligned and goes into areas it shouldn't, and doesn't cover the whole eye as a result.
>>
>>5422887
BB and Viper have it, but the vg CH has unpainted netting. So 5. Which is close enough to half a dozen that nobody but the most retarded goof would take issue with it
>>
>>5422978
I had to google it cause I couldn't remember if Bad Blood had it or not. This promo pic shows him with unpainted netting, but the actual figure definitely has black netting, judging by every other photo review I've seen.
>>
>>5423009
>BB and Viper have it, but the vg CH has unpainted netting.

Neither of the Video game Predators have painted netting, but all of the game/NES figures have unpainted detailing, so the Predators hardly count.
>>
>>5421376
They're both slightly cross-eyed or lazy-eyed.
>>
>>5423021
It's still a sculpted detail that was meant to be painted when it was made in the first place and was skipped. It counts. Dog Alien and the T-800 have plenty of painted details.
>>
File: NES.jpg (147 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
NES.jpg
147 KB, 1920x1080
>>5423030

They're completely stylized with weird, bright colors, and simple paint apps.

They don't count.
>>
>>5423040
They're stylized based on the game sprites (except wrong colored Leatherface). The game features netting. The figures feature unpainted netting.

In a discussion about toys with painted netting vs ones without, they are clearly in the latter category and clearly count as an example of unpainted details.
>>
>>5423040
>They're completely stylized with weird, bright colors, and simple paint apps.

So are the comic-based figures, yet they have the painted netting. Enforcer is simpler than Pred2 and he's got it. The game ones and their unpainted netting looks just as weird and bad as the ones on the Kenner tribute figures. It's one detail that would elevate every single figure that lacks it.
>>
File: NES-Predator-NECA.png (373 KB, 630x420) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
NES-Predator-NECA.png
373 KB, 630x420
In the NES gamesprite, the Predator clearly has black netting.

Neca's version has the blue skin paint over top of the netting. Its inaccurate, and is absolutely an example of painted over netting.
>>
>>5423066
>The game features netting. The figures feature unpainted netting.

Great. So stop bitching, then, that the NECA Kenner figures don't have painted netting when the original figures didn't.

They're not going out of their way to make a new body for KENNER figures. It is clear that these figures have achieved only mediocre sales, as a whole, and its because some people are only into the movie figures (which are way more accurate.)

>>5423072
>So are the comic-based figures, yet they have the painted netting.

Aside from that 25th anniversary Dark Horse Predator, no. They're not.

Ahab, Bad Blood, and Enforcer all look relatively realistic, like they could have easily been movie figures.

>The game ones and their unpainted netting looks just as weird and bad as the ones on the Kenner tribute figures

The game ones you barely even notice, because they're primarily fucking BLACK to begin with.

Personally, the only figure that looked off to me because of the netting was maybe Cracked tusk.

Otherwise, it doesn't bother me too much. Those three (Cracked Tusk and the two Renegades) are really the only ones where it seems cheap to me. The video game ones are so stylized, that it is literally a non issue.
>>
>>5423102
The NES City Hunter also had black (or grey) netting.

Neca cheaped out there again.
>>
>>5423111
>Great. So stop bitching, then, that the NECA Kenner figures don't have painted netting when the original figures didn't.

The Kenner figures didn't have sculpted netting.
>>
>>5423125

And NECA isn't going to sculpt a new body for what are essentially joke figures with really specific/small buyer base.
>>
>>5423111
>Ahab, Bad Blood, and Enforcer all look relatively realistic, like they could have easily been movie figures.

Bad Blood doesn't looks cartoon. His skin is matte with no gloss at all. The his face accessories are obviously comic stylized.
>>
>>5423130
>And NECA isn't going to sculpt a new body for what are essentially joke figures with really specific/small buyer base.

Cool. It still looks like shit to paint over the netting. Neca, of course, have every right to release trash figures if they want.
>>
>>5423131
>Bad Blood doesn't looks cartoon.

does*
>>
>>5423111
>the original figures didn't.

They didn't have sculpted netting to paint. The NECA figures do.

I like how you know all about the sales data of Kenner tributes, since apparently the sales are so mediocre that they keep making them.

> Ahab, Bad Blood, and Enforcer all look relatively realistic, like they could have easily been movie figures.

They are just as stylized as the game figures. The comic ones are specifically painted to mimic the art they come from. They look like flat undetailed cartoon characters compared to the paint on the movie figures.


> The game ones you barely even notice, because they're primarily fucking BLACK to begin with.

Neither are anywhere close to "primarily black." One is almost all blue for fucks sake.

Guess what? Just because you don't notice something doesn't mean everyone else is as blind or inattentive as you.
>>
>>5423119
>cheaper

Yeah, see, it seems more to me like you're acting like a shit just because you want to act like a shit.
>>
>>5423147
>I'll ignore his photographic evidence that dismantles my entire argument and instead call him a shit

Nope. Go back and respond again. This time, stay on topic.
>>
>>5423134
>trash figures

Ding, ding, ding! And we have a winner folks! This is why your stupid posts get deleted. You aren't crusading for the betterment of the line, you are here to fuck with people and spam. Enjoy your ban sir.
>>
>>5423111
>The game ones you barely even notice, because they're primarily fucking BLACK to begin with.

The figures were made to look like the title screen.

Both title screens have been posted and both clearly show black netting. Neither of necas figures have the netting painted correctly. They just painted over it with the skin color.
>>
File: big red.jpg (1003 KB, 1074x1405) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
big red.jpg
1003 KB, 1074x1405
love you guys.
>>
>>5423147
> game features detail
> figure lacks detail
> money was saved as less was spent to add the detail, or "cheaped out"
> NECAnon ignores common sense and logic to continue to be butthurt without actually saying anything intelligent or constructive because it's more fun to ignore facts and matters of personal preference while using his favorite word for any complaints, "bitching," which he uses every single time and always gives him away

Business as usual
>>
>>5423151
Someone isn't trolling just because they think something you like is trash
>>
>>5423151
There is nothing wrong with calling trash figures trash.

The AvP figures are great. Several of the Kenner preds are great. Both Renegades are trash. Sorry that hurts your feelings.

Also, I hope they don't ban, because even though we disagree, I respect your right to have an opinion that is different from mine.
>>
File: big schlong.jpg (16 KB, 233x321) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
big schlong.jpg
16 KB, 233x321
>>5423153
Why do they call him 'Big' Red anyways? He's no taller than the other predators in his clan...
>>
>>5423155
>everyone that disagrees with me is necanon
>if I call enough people necanon they'll never accuse me of anything
>>
>>5423160
>>5423161

I'm sure you'll have lots of time to think about what you think is trash while banned.
>>
File: Cityhunter.jpg (38 KB, 342x485) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Cityhunter.jpg
38 KB, 342x485
>>5423143
>They didn't have sculpted netting to paint. The NECA figures do.

And these figures would have never been made, if NECA had to sculpt a new body for a couple of un-netted figures.

Why is it such an alien concept to you to just not buy the ones you don't like or whatever? I mean, I sincerely doubt you even care about, or buy the figures at all anyway, at which point, I wonder why you even bother coming into these threads.

I like how you know all about the sales data of Kenner tributes, since apparently the sales are so mediocre that they keep making them.

The Kenner figures always linger around at retail longer than any other wave, usually go for less on the aftermarket overall, and they've even said that they put a 2-3 other waves in between Kenner releases because they're not as popular as the other figures.

Critical thinking must not be one of you strong suits, I guess.

>Neither are anywhere close to "primarily black." One is almost all blue for fucks sake.

They're literally totally black figures with built up paint on them.

Take a look at the City Hunter, you fucking dimwit. He's like 75% black, 24% orange, and 1% of blue speckling here and there.
>>
>>5423164
No, it's just you, NECAnon. You respond the same way every time, and then respond the same way anytime someone calls you out on it.

Simultaneously, you act like anyone who sees through your shit is just one person when it's been repeatedly proven to not be the case. It's kinda funny, since you constantly complain about some troll bogeyman while acting like there's no such thing as NECAnon (you).
>>
File: grid.jpg (211 KB, 1300x1054) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
grid.jpg
211 KB, 1300x1054
>>5423171
How many times has done that thing where quotes 5 or 6 posts and calls samefag, and then is immediately BTFO when none of them were samefags?
>>
>>5423168
>And these figures would have never been made, if NECA had to sculpt a new body for a couple of un-netted figures.

Or they could just PAINT THE NETTING THAT THEY ALREADY SCULPTED.

Nobody would complain about "unpainted netting" if it had painted netting. They also wouldn't complain if they didn't have sculpted netting in the first place, true. But A is much easier than B, so maybe just paint the detail that's sculpted there already and make all of those figures that much better.
>>
>>5423171
No, do go on. You've called at least five different people necanon now, and it gets funnier each time.
>>
File: predator.jpg (550 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
predator.jpg
550 KB, 1920x1080
>>5423168
>And these figures would have never been made, if NECA had to sculpt a new body for a couple of un-netted figures.

Sure they would. The entire Predator line is Neca's best selling line. They've done tons of unique sculpts for less, and tons of sculpts that have less utility than an unnetted predator.

The only reason they didn't do a new sculpt is because they know fanboy consumers with no eye for quality will gobble them up regardless.
>>
>>5423174
how many times will you defend tripe shit fatass americans make like its some sort of collectors item and not cheapo over priced dollar store shit from walmart?
>>
>>5423162

He got a Big Red Preddick
>>
File: AI.jpg (132 KB, 545x645) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
AI.jpg
132 KB, 545x645
>>5423179
How would you know how many different people he has called Necaanon?

The best estimate you can possibly say is 2 people (yourself, and at least on other person).
>>
>>5423185
Now we got trolls trolling trolls! Now THIS is a thread!
>>
>>5423168
>Why is it such an alien concept to you to just not buy the ones you don't like or whatever?

Did it occur to you that maybe I'd like to buy them but find glaring issues that make something I want less desirable?

> The Kenner figures always linger around at retail longer than any other wave

You should look up what anecdotal evidence is and then realize that your post doesn't reflect sales data at all.

> Take a look at the City Hunter, you fucking dimwit. He's like 75% black, 24% orange, and 1% of blue speckling here and there.

Oh, you don't own it. Makes sense since it's PURPLE. The only black is his torso armor, his knees, and some paint detail on his legs.
>>
>>5423189
Probably a better way than you calling everyone necanon when you don't have a logical argument!
>>
>>5423174
Literally never because samefagging isn't a thing that bothers me. Have fun being wrong and complaining about the thing that you yourself are actually doing right now
>>
File: avp.jpg (89 KB, 960x540) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
avp.jpg
89 KB, 960x540
>>5423198
I haven't called anyone Necanon. Not the same guy.

Also, you didn't answer my question. You just deflected.
>>
So the trolls are busy shitting up this thread, when's the new general?
>>
>>5423196
>Did it occur to you that maybe I'd like to buy them but find glaring issues that make something I want less desirable?

So then don't buy one of the five figures that have unpainted netting. I'm sure you can find a reasonable looking one out of the 70 or whatever other figures they've done in the line.

>You should look up what anecdotal evidence is and then realize that your post doesn't reflect sales data at all.

I'll believe the lead product guy when he says they don't put them out as often because not as many people are interested in buying them before I believe some random dipshit on 4chan.

>Oh, you don't own it. Makes sense since it's PURPLE. The only black is his torso armor, his knees, and some paint detail on his legs.

I own it. There are tinges of purple for sure, but the point is that both figures are dark as fuck. Almost the entire backside of the City hunter is pitch black with some dark as fuck purple, sure.

As far as I am concerned, both figures are so dark that they just didn't bother to paint more fucking black over top of them.

And I don't even particularly like the NES Jungle Hunter because I find him to just be pretty bland as a figure. The netting be damned, so it isn't some kind of blind favoritism, or something.
>>
I wish all I had to worry about in life was the paint on a toy. Must be nice being 15.
>>
>>5423236
I wish all I had to worry about in life is other people disliking my favorite toy. Must be nice being <low age here>
>>
>>5423229

> I'll believe the lead product guy when he says they don't put them out as often because not as many people are interested in buying them before I believe some random dipshit on 4chan.

You mean where he said every 3rd wave is Kenner homages? Because that's what's happening.

>Almost the entire backside of the City hunter is pitch black with some dark as fuck purple, sure.

Nope. It's in my hand right now. His overlay is black. The rest is purple, because, like Robocop, they didn't put much paint on the back.

The front of the figure is purple, browns, and blue. Paint on the netting would be very apparent and easy to see. You either need better lighting or better eyes.
>>
>>5423242
The toys are selling no matter how hard you complain, I'm hardly bothered.
>>
>>5423256
One of you guys just told me Neca couldn't do a new sculpt because the Manner toys don't sell. Get your story straight and get back to me with one narrative.
>>
Kenner*
>>
>>5423270
well we all know the planet of the apes sold terribly no matter how many waves they pushed, kek
>>
>>5423270
Guess you're too full of bullshit to stay alive. You should probably kill yourself.
>>
Neca bankrupcy when?
>>
>>5423278
>calls others bullshit when Neca not beig able to do stuff would be bullshit

bullshit anon, pls
>>
>>5423277
Contract dictated they had to do so many figures. FOX wanted merchandise on store shelves to build the brand. They didn't want someone just sitting on the license.
>>
>>5423278
That's not a response to what I wrote. Read it again please.
>>
>>5423292
No reason to entertain bullshit coming from someone like you.
>>
>>5423295
If you aren't responding to me, please stop quoting my posts in yours, please.
>>
>>5423299
Just making sure the janitor sees the target is all.
>>
>>5423301
You're still doing it.
>>
>>5423313
Mmmhmm.
>>
please NECA. sort out european distribution
>>
>>5414044
Dubs confirmed
And yea i can totally agree with this by for the best they done since the dog alien
>>
>>5414044
Mine can't stand at all. Knees collapse out from under him. Can't even figure out how to use the stand to hold him in a way the knees won't collapse. I loved him otherwise, but as of right now he isn't even on display.
>>
>>5423350
Ignore the shitty repurposed stand and focus on using the tail. It'll be a struggle, but worth a shot.
>>
File: vXKFdzA2.jpg (84 KB, 512x512) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
vXKFdzA2.jpg
84 KB, 512x512
>>
>>5423592
Fucking tight. Hmm, can't make out who is on his left...I don't recall that texture.
>>
>>5423592
Oh god, his face is made of fucking concrete.
>>
>>5423604
Just like the real Bruce Campbell.
>>
>>5423592
Fuck me. I have no need for old Ash, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to resist
>>
I got a boner.
>>
>>5424015
How big is it? [The facehugger]

:^)
>>
>>5423324
whats wrong with rambos eye? did the ptsd fuck it up?

>>5423592
day 1
>>
Anyone know where to go to not pay scumbag scalper prices for the the Neca combat gizmo? Wanted a figure of this since I was a kid but none of my local tru's carry the gremlins line and tru.com is the only place i can find that sells it for resale but even when it says it's in stock, there's always some kind of error when I go to check out and pay.
>>
New figures added
>>
>>5424458

You should replace the two Endos with the t-1000 to match the aesthetic.

fucking hope I can find Ult Jason in UK
>>
>>5424458
close ups of t-1000 plz where did you find it
>>
>>5424477
I got it from bigbad. I'll post more soon
>>
>>5424476
I was going to do that. Don't k ow what to put at the top. Maybe the endos
>>
>>5424477
>>
>>5424317
*retail not resale, sorry.
>>
>>5424517
>>5424458
can he hang by his hook arms?
>>
>>5424546
Yeah. he doesn't weigh all that much.
>>
>>5424476
How about this? Wish I had bad blood or battle armor lost predator
>>
>>5424558

Much better, senpai.
>>
>>5423155
Dont forget "kid", he throws that around more than a stripper throws her bra off.
>>
Attention Newcastle lads!!!

Fantastic Toys has wave 14 Predators and Isolation wave Alien figures! Recent Relics has ultimate Sarah Connor and T-1000 too.

Make sure you inspect before you buy though, if you care about paint apps. A few of the Celtics had some missing netting on the chest and misalligned eyes, and one of the Scars had a wonky lower jaw.

I picked the best of each :^)
>>
File: Chestburster.png (273 KB, 640x270) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Chestburster.png
273 KB, 640x270
Can't fucking wait for Scarface!
Also, Kane with chest burst action, when? Think about it, it could come with the table to hide the spring mechanism.
>>
>>5425881
No rights to Kane's likeness.

They could do a Ripley chest burst (Aliens dream sequence) or a Scar predburster
>>
>>5413141
Might aswell just call this the Aliens Vs Predator general, nobody talks about anything else besides the odd superhero.
Hateful eights figures just got fully revealed but I've never seen anything even about them in any Neca thread.
>>
God damn it feels good to finally have these three. Neca really went above and beyond with these dudes, the amount of accessories included was insane.
>>
File: katnuss everdurr.jpg (171 KB, 1600x898) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
katnuss everdurr.jpg
171 KB, 1600x898
>>5426191
Can we talk about Neca Hunger Games figures? :^)
>>
They look pretty good, but also look like a step backwards from Isolation and Alien 3 xeno. Paint looks cheap and sloppy. Also, it isn't nearly glossy enough.
>>
>>5426270
Grid still has his tail also, so that is a glaring inaccuracy.
>>
>>5426275
This little guy looks cool. I was original going to skip him because no need for him, but I might cop him anyway because of how unique he looks.

I'll probably order a pair of Xenos to fight my AvP preds, get this guy to throw in the background on a random shelf that will get filled out when Kenner Aliens start coming in, and I'll skip grid and hold out for a better version.
>>
>>5426282
Footnote: Finally capable of a proper crawling pose?
>>
>>5426268
No, but we can talk about their Django figures.
>>
File: Interstellar-6-JPG.jpg (119 KB, 889x630) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Interstellar-6-JPG.jpg
119 KB, 889x630
>>5426191
You are right. Can we talk about these Neca Interstellar figures?
>>
File: Xeno_ambush02.jpg (174 KB, 800x986) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Xeno_ambush02.jpg
174 KB, 800x986
>>5426288
The warriors already kinda could, I could never get mine to do this without falling over though.

>>5426290
Clothed figures aren't really my thing.

But you know you can talk about any Neca figure line you want in this thread though, right? People regularly talk about Godzilla, Terminator, Jason, even older stuff like Dead Space.

Aliens/Predators just happen to be the most popular topic, they are Neca's best selling lines after all. Are we supposed to not talk about it because you don't want to?

>>5426291
>that lazy eye
Top fucking kek
>>
>>5426282
New teeth?
>>
>>5426291
Oh shit I didn't know they actually finally released those. So it's like a two pack is it? Kinda want them, I enjoyed that movie.
>>
> we have done great with Kenner homages – it amazes me to see once Series 16 drops we will have covered almost all the major releases in the classic Kenner line

http://news.toyark.com/2016/01/21/interview-necas-randy-falk-part-3-things-neca-187984

But I thought they didn't sell well!
>>
New thread >>5427076
Thread replies: 348
Thread images: 72
Thread DB ID: 455231



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.