[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm not really a toy guy, but I'm looking for something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 29.jpg (136KB, 665x1000px) Image search: [Google]
29.jpg
136KB, 665x1000px
So I'm not really a toy guy, but I'm looking for something that's well articulated to sit on my desk to play with while I goof around. I don't have any kind of subject matter that I'm looking for specifically. I had a Neca alien but the leg came off after a weekend so I guess I'll try to avoid them. I'm thinking about a Revoltech Evangelion or maybe a S.H. MonsterArts 1995 Godzilla but want to see what cool toys ya'll have so post your favorite toy or any tips you might have!
>>
Go to closeout stores, look for some cheap transformers or other hasbro/mattel stuff, things that say 3+ ages on the package. They hold together well.

Japanese toys don't give 5shits about durability.
>>
>>5410201
Ah, good to know thanks
>>
>>5410201
>Japanese toys don't give 5shits about durability.
Confirmed for hamhands.
>>
>>5410197
Try a pose skeleton, cheap and well-articulated for its size
>>
>>5410402
Came here to post this. Simple, goofy, and posable as hell for a really good price tag.
>>
Get a cheap (1000 yen or below) HG gundam kit like the Gundam Revive, Barbatos, Graze or just any modern well articulated kit
>>
>>5410415
Wouldn't I have to paint those? A gundam would be bad ass but I don't have any good paints.
>>
>>5410402
>>5410411
Third recommendation for Pose Skeletons. I bought a set to keep on my desk at work just for fiddling with. I like posing them climbing up the side of my computer or fighting with pens
>>
>>5410201
>well articulated
>hasbro/mattel
pick one

Also, as far as joint integrity goes, Jap stuff is a great deal superior. Yes, most hasbro/mattel stuff is more durable(slightly), but at the risk of most of its female sides being PVC, which shreds and degrades like shit. Also, as most of the joints on Hasbro stuff is ratcheted PVC, it feels like shit when you pose it. Not to mention they're hideous.

>>5410529
Very little painting is required for modern bandai kits. I'd go with Robot Damashii's as they're more poseable (usually) and durable, but they're more expensive.

If you're just looking for good high quality fun though, bandai of japan is altogether the way to go. Hasbro/mattel is okay for fun, but not high quality in the slightest. And don't listen to the moron talking about durability. NECA is the worst at it... so let's put them at a 1, whereas bandai of japan is usually around a 7, mattel about a 8, hasbro about an 9. It isn't plastic quality so much as it is buffering though. In fact, the quality of most bandai plastics is better, but are more rigid/there's less of it for more range.
>>
>>5410576
Also revoltechs are very durable, just not the easiest to pose with the ratchets. The only complaint I know of for the 95 shm goji is the face paint being a bit goofed.

I also didn't mention medicos/max factory. Never owned a medicos product, so I can't comment, but Figmas (max factory) aren't bad, but are the least durable of the aforementioned lines (excluding NECA), and the least poseable of the jap lines mentioned.
>>
>>5410402
>>5410411
>>5410556
>>5410576
>>5410415
Thanks for the replies guys the skeletons are cool but as someone who built models as a kid I'm about to get a mother fucking MS. I'm gonna go read the gunpla threads on /m/ thanks everyone.
>>
File: Rubiks-Cube.png (67KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
Rubiks-Cube.png
67KB, 220x229px
I have figures all over my desk, but once I pose them I typically don't touch them for a few days.

How ever, I bought a rubiks cube about 2 days ago and I pick it up every few minutes. A very good toy to fiddle around with.
>>
File: Bq5N43eCQAAghcx.jpg large.jpg (94KB, 1022x675px) Image search: [Google]
Bq5N43eCQAAghcx.jpg large.jpg
94KB, 1022x675px
Revol Mini are fun, small, and highly articulated figures, perfect to play around with on your desk.

There are a bunch more than this pic, so just pick one you like (or not expensive). They all pose just about the same.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.