[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here misses Mcfarlane's Movie Maniacs and Neca's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1.jpg (99KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
99KB, 600x900px
Who here misses Mcfarlane's Movie Maniacs and Neca's Cult Classics?
What are the substitutes for the horror movie fan
>>
>>5406869
If you have the money there are some decent 1/6 figures floating around, if not NECA are still sometimes doing the horror characters. They just released 2 versions of Freddy Krueger so they're still doing some.
>>
The thing that I liked about Movie Maniacs is that they were in a time before I really kept up with toy releases so the assortments were usually a surprise, it was nice to see a movie I wanted toys from show up in the new line up. I used to buy them at a Babbages in the mall, back before Gamestop took them over or at least before they fell in line with the Gamestop business model. It was across from a Cinnabon, to this day I can't pass a Cinnabon without thinking of looking at awesome late 90s toys.
>>
Neca just released a Leatherface, though I think the McFarlane version looks better.
>>
OP here. My first action figure was a Freddy Krueger from Movie Maniacs Series 1. At that time i cared little for the state of my figures so he's missing one finger, but i had fun with that one. After that, i remember looking at the back of the box anxious that someday Jason or the Leatherface figure would show up. They never did.

Another one i bought was the Terminator action figure, with Arnold covered in bullets. Lost ALL the weapons that came with him but had lots of fun playing too. Neca's Cult classics didn't have the same impact on me, sadly.
>>
Cult classics kinda splintered off into their own lines if you think about it.
>>
>>5406869
Movie Maniacs went to shit when they started expanded out of horror and adding non-horror characters to the line. McFarlane also got lazy with some, but added loads of articulation to others.

Neca's current figures are a cut above everything Movie Maniacs did. They currently have three very detailed highly articulated Jason figures with more planned. They did a Part 3 and a Final Chapter and Jason Lives.

Other good figures they did are their Freddy figures, but if you want a straight up Nightmare 3 Freddy, you have to swap out the arms from other figures. They designed them that way for some odd reason. Their Ultimate Freddy is very good also.
>>
>>5407947

Really? ...How? Like...I can't even fathom that. I know McFarlane stuff has it's own charm due to the inaccurate sculpts and just how they'd texture some things, but...yeah. I don't get that.
>>
>>5409286
It wasn't that they got lazy but different sculptors were working on different figures that had different budgets, the characters deemed less popular went to the low end sculptors and got less articulation.
>>
What is the best 1/12 Jason?
>>
>tfw there will never be an articulated Frank the Bunny figure, just the Cult Classics statue

Speaking of horror toys, I'm annoyed that Now Playing line for making a figure of the nightmare demon from An American Werewolf In London instead of, you know, the fucking werewolf.
>>
>>5409611
SOTA was such a joke when it came to licensed properties, Jerry was insane, he was going to do the Werewolf last iirc but then it bombed so hard that he couldn't do it. We all remember his nonsense personal preference choices in the Street Fighter 2 line right? IDK how Pop Culture Shock stays in business. Nobody wants a $400 Dhalsim statue dude.
>>
>>5409302
It sounds crazy, since Leatherface is masked, but I think McFarlane actually did a better job on his expression (i.e., eyes and mouth) than Neca.
>>
>>5409358
Species figures got loads of articulation, while Freddy was almost a statue, but Jason had loads, even leg and elbow.
>>
File: GEDC0713.jpg (404KB, 1152x982px) Image search: [Google]
GEDC0713.jpg
404KB, 1152x982px
>>5409491
Either Neca's Part 3 or Part 4. Both have tons of articulation. Expect to pay around $80 for one though. The Jason Lives figure is also good, but the sculpt is loads better on the other two figures.
>>
File: Horror-BB_3QuarterPDQ_1024x1024.jpg (247KB, 706x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Horror-BB_3QuarterPDQ_1024x1024.jpg
247KB, 706x1024px
It's not the same by any stretch of the imagination, but I enjoy the Horror Mystery Minis as my stand-in horror figure collection.

>>5409611
That was such an odd choice, although that scene scared me the most from the movie. The transformation scene is the most memorable.
>>
>>5408508
>Another one i bought was the Terminator action figure, with Arnold covered in bullets
I've still got that one with all of its accessories! The poster's a bit faded now but I never display it with that anyway.
>>
File: 1452899365065.jpg (31KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1452899365065.jpg
31KB, 400x600px
Dude... NECA's Ultimate line is pretty much an awesome, more tedious, reboot of the cult classics. I mean think about it.

We got Ultimate Freddy, Ultimate Leatherface, Ultimate Terminator, Ultimate Jason, etc

and also back around Halloween someone asked NECA if they're working on anything Child's Play related to which Randy responded with "perhaps"
fast forward to a day or 2 ago, Randy revealed there will be 2 horror Ultimate figures revealed at Toy Fair. You do the math.

Also after they finish working on their Ash vs Evil Dead line, they're going to work on an Ultimate Ash (Hero ash with more leg articulation, source is NECA's Twitter) and Ultimate Jungle Predator will happen sometime in the future.

NECA's Ultimate Line = Modern Day Cult Classics Line
They should just rebrand it as the Ultimate Cult Classic line
>>
>>5412159
So fuckin' stoked for them to do an Ultimate Beetlejuice. Come on, NECA, be a bro.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.