[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nothing triggers me more than people putting their figures in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 13

Nothing triggers me more than people putting their figures in front of a TV. Might as well put them in front of a fucking window.

Toy collecting pet peeves thread, I guess.
>>
>>5404382
I don't see the problem, aside the giant clusterfuck
It's not like they're blocking the viewing screen and TVs really don't give off anything harmful except for heat, and most flatscreens today don't produce enough to cause damage.
>>
It's a /v/fag, who cares. None of that shit is worth anything anyways.
>>
>>5404445
Why do /toy/soldiers hate /v/irgins so much?
>>
>>5404457
They're scum.
>>
>>5404457
Because they're obnoxious, stupid as fuck and refuse to get smarter about the toy industry, and their toys are just awful in general.

Seriously, who other than literal children and maybe a couple dogs that need something to chew on actually likes Jakk's Pacific and Jazwares shit?

And then there's Amiibo's, which are just videogame accessories, not toys, yet they get a free pass on here for whatever reason. They're closer to /tg/ than /toy/
>>
File: shit.jpg (82KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
82KB, 640x427px
>Shit posing.

>Posing a figure with a stand when it clearly doesn't need it.

>Keeping toys in the boxes.

>Pops.

>People calling others normies because they aren't sperglords like them.
>>
>>5404474
>>Pops.
I can accept faults in other people.
But there is just something inhuman about Pop figures.
>>
>>5404464
>Because they're obnoxious, stupid as fuck and refuse to get smarter about the toy industry
sounds just like this place. its a match made in heaven.
>>
>>5404507
The only Pop I own is Godzilla, partially because I fucking love Godzilla, but also because it doesn't have that typical retarded funko pop face
>>
File: Figma-Lucina-7-of-10-1024x528.png (232KB, 1000x515px) Image search: [Google]
Figma-Lucina-7-of-10-1024x528.png
232KB, 1000x515px
I hate when people think amiibo are the only form of Nintendo merchandise out there. I remember seeing people make petitions for Nintendo to produce a Satoru Iwata amiibo when he passed away.
>>
>>5404474
>>Posing a figure with a stand when it clearly doesn't need it.

This one actually makes a lot of sense. Very few figures are really stable enough to leave long term in anything that isn't a stuff standing pose. When I have mine on display, I almost always have a stand attached to them.
>>
>>5404464
>>5404457
/a/ and /jp/ is worse than /v/ ever could be.

They shit up every thread about their toys and are overly sensitive hypocritical little girls.
>>
File: epic.jpg (38KB, 356x423px) Image search: [Google]
epic.jpg
38KB, 356x423px
>he mentions hes from australia
>uses the word trigger unironically
>guy collects dolls unironically
>collecting in general unironically
>post his collection ironically

RED FLAG
>>
>>5404390
Oh flatscreens? You mean as opposed to curved TVs? (sarcasm)
>>
>>5404464
>Seriously, who other than literal children and maybe a couple dogs that need something to chew on actually likes Jakk's Pacific and Jazwares shit?

says the asshole who demands bro prices in BST because he can't afford retail Figma prices.
>>
>>5404464
>Because they're obnoxious

You mean 99% of this board?

Also hello newfag. The reason that most of the spergs on this board get mad about /v/ is figma Link because of all the threads people from /v/ made about it before and after it was released.

Also if you're still mad about amiibos you're autismal as fuck. The mods don't agree with you so give it up.
>>
>>5404670
/a/ and /jp/ are accepted because this entire site is kind of based on them. It'd be like going onto the gamefaqs off-topic boards and complaining that people talk about games so much.
>>
>>5404457
Most boards hate /v/. /v/ is babby's first board right along with /b/ and when they venture outside of their board, they usually make it incredibly obvious that they're from /v/, shoehorning video game discussion wherever they go, regardless of whether it's on topic or not. And as much as I hate when people complain about spoonfeeding, /v/irgins don't even bother reading comment chains before asking the same question again and again since they're used to a board moving so fast. Go check out the archives about the Link figma and notice that not only did several people ask the same already answered, already explained question several times, there were even a few extra threads made solely to ask this already answered question.
>>
People being hypocritical on the internet? What a big surprise!
>>
>>5404462
lol and we are not? we sperg out if someone even puts a toy in a spot they dont like also if they buy a toy they dont like.
>>
>>5404940
Uh,curved TVs do exist.
>>
>>5404543
This. I had a Terraformar and he was stable as fuck standing on his own. Then one day the cat knocked the shelf and he took a dive and broke a leg.
>>
>>5406932
I think he was trying to pretend to be too young to know that TVs used to be powered by vacuum tubes.
>>
File: toys.jpg (1003KB, 2064x1161px) Image search: [Google]
toys.jpg
1003KB, 2064x1161px
>>5404382
Rate my display, OP.
>>
>>5407087
Trypticon looks like he doesn't want to be there.
>>
>>5407119
He doesn't want to block the TV anymore. It's a little too high for him to jump though. Let him down, >>5407087.
>>
People putting tape on their figures to help them stay up.
I'm sorry but it just seems hella weird, just balance the figure.
>>
>>5407087

>that prime leaning forward about to tip over
>air freshener on the same shelf as your toys, letting everyone know your house stinks
>>
>>5407119

kek
>>
>>5404528
I got a POP Sauron for Christmas, I was pleasantly surprised. Still wouldn't buy another.
>>
>>5404382
Is that really a big problem for figures? I have a bunch of shinkis lined up in front of my main monitor which is a LED TV...
>>
>>5404540
>Satoru Iwata amiibo
that was just terrible
>>
>>5407519
typical shinki fag, putting his own master needs before his children
>>
>>5404464
>Because they're obnoxious, stupid as fuck and refuse to get smarter about the toy industry
Just like how /toy/ is obnoxious, stupid as fuck and refuse to get smarter about the gaming industry?
>>
>>5407562
We don't collect games.
The /v/posters that come here collect toys.
>>
>>5407562
>video games are important

get off our board you stupid degenerative fuck
>>
File: 1126.gif (992KB, 389x259px) Image search: [Google]
1126.gif
992KB, 389x259px
>>5407580
>_____ aren't important, TOYS are important!
>>
>>5407593
What board do you think you are on? See, this is why no one likes you /v/. You're like an immigrant.
You come to other boards, and only talk about video games. You don't see anyone go to /v/ and say "well actually the toy was like this so blah blah blah and I don't want to play the game because normies have this toy."
>>
>>5406892
>/a/ and /jp/ are allowed to be worse than /v/ because of an outdated belief this board is for weeaboos only
Sure, ok, but they're still worse than /v/
>>
>>5407663
/v/ is bad for needing /vp/, /vr/, and /vg/ to contain so much autism
>>
File: 1407980040000.png (152KB, 322x336px) Image search: [Google]
1407980040000.png
152KB, 322x336px
What's wrong with putting toys in front of a window?
>>
>>5404382
God, amiibos are so unaesthetic en masse
>>
File: received_10205998741955852.jpg (66KB, 960x599px) Image search: [Google]
received_10205998741955852.jpg
66KB, 960x599px
I enjoy amiibo and pop at times

Better than the tacky transformers shit on this board, at least
>>
>>5407737
The sun can damage and bleach the color out of plastic.
>>
>>5407802
Well, at least Transformers ARE toys after all.
>>
>>5406878
>autismal
This is triggering my autism.
>>
>>5407659
>What board do you think you are on?
It doesn't matter what board you're on, there's no excuse for delusion.
>>
>>5407802
>Funko Pops
>Better than anything
>>
>>5404382

Keeping stuff in box, specially shit that's worth crap like amiibos.
>>
>>5407802
>enjoy ambiino and pops at times
>pops

Dude, you have at LEAST 10 pops there. You fucking love them. Just admit it.
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 482x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 482x800px
>>5408204
This bothers me to no end. Me and my brother have these DBZ figures from 15 years ago, and he INSISTS on keeping them in the box. They have zero poseability, zero articulation. Nothing. They're faces look like dog shit but he is convinced they are worth crazy amounts of money.

>pic related
>>
>>5404382
What bugs me is when people put figures in front of the TV AND it covers a part of the screen. Even if it's just a tiny little par to of it.

Essentially I like my screens/monitors to be 100% visible. Other than that it doesn't bug me.
>>
>>5404474
Stands make sense when displaying but don't so much in photos if it clearly doesn't need it.
>>
>>5404382
>Toy collecting pet peeves

What /toy/ has become.

Since the migration of /v/ this place has gone down the drain.

Not trying to be THAT guy but they've brought over their elitist mindset. There was a time when /toy/ was all inclusive and we didn't hate or get retarded mad over the smallest thing.

I guess others who are over critical of what other people have in their collection or even what they do with their collection, is a pet peeve of mine as well. The whole "don't like what I don't like" mentality. It's a downer.

This place used to be super cool and super chill, but it's not anymore. It's old news and I've said this sort of thing on here before. But it still sucks to think about.
>>
>>5404540
>>5407534
that shit was cringe inducing. I bet 80% of those fags didnt even know who he was until he died
>>
>>5407659
>Make /toy/ great again!
>>
>>5408231
Yeah! like, I personally don't keep anything in box, but I can sort of understand why in some cases, like a really cool and unique box, or the figures being arranged in a cool display. But sometimes I see literal children's toys kept in box, fucking black series and shit.
>>
>>5407802
Cthulu and Skeletor get a free pass
>>
>>5408268
This.

It's kind of annoying scrolling through a thread that's just filled with toxic sperging or over critisizing of what anons like or don't like. There can never be a mature discussion but sadly this is what most of 4chan has become.

I saw a post on here not that long where some anon threw an autistic fit because another anon's figma Link had his sword in the "wrong" hand. Shit is ridiculous.
>>
>>5407663
I disagree. At least /a/ actually likes things. When was the last time /v/ liked a single video game? /a/ is incredibly elitist and everyone has a gatekeeper mentality, but at least they actually discuss and enjoy anime. Unlike /v/ that seems to exist solely to shitpost and hate things. lol threads are a perfect example of this. The only comic threads allowed on /v/ at all just exist to shitpost, make terrible comics, and whine about SJWs. More loss edits exist than the entire archive of ctrl+alt+delete.
>>
>>5408373
>a board is one person
>>
>>5408383
>general sentiments and hive minds do not exist.

If you're sitting there with a straight face and telling me that /v/ doesn't hate the vast majority of games for little to no reason, I don't think you've ever actually been on that board.
>>
File: 1449356213988.jpg (27KB, 508x524px) Image search: [Google]
1449356213988.jpg
27KB, 508x524px
>>5408390
>>
>>5408390
I don't like either boards, but going through the front and next page, they seem almost equally shitposty/actually discussing things.

Quit taking the memes so seriously, bro.
>>
>>5408398
>Frog posting instead of an argument

I dislike /v/ because /v/ is an incredibly negative board and you must hate things to fit in. They bring this negativity and nitpicking wherever they go. It's easier to pick out a /v/ crossboarder than any other board for a reason, you know.
>>
Excuse my newfaggotry sempaitachi but what's this about not putting your toys in boxes when you are done playing with them?

I live in a small apartment and while there is no one else there but myself I always fear I might breK or loose something if I just leave my shit out
>>
>>5408357
That guy was probably originaly from /v/ too.
>>
>>5404457
/v/ largely made up of people who come to this site, thinking that it's specifically for ruining the other posters time. They think any discussion or non-outright hostility is "reddit-tier"
They're also heavily infected with /pol/, though not as bad as /tv/, most topics are viewed through the lenses of conspiracy and suspicion
>>
>>5408424

It's called having a proper display area. It sucks if you live in a cracker box and can't have one, but a display area is vastly superior to repacking shit in boxes when you're not useing it.
>>
>>5408373
It doesn't matter how /v/ is on their shitty boards, it's how they behave on this board that matters. You think i fucking go to /v/ or /a/ or /jp/? Shit no.
>/a/ is incredibly elitist and everyone has a gatekeeper mentality
And that's why /a/ and /jp/ are shittier than /v/, because they bring this attitude to this board. As far as i can tell, the worst /v/ does to this board is making threads about video games and some assholes, like yourself, go into those threads to complain about /v/.

Again, who fucking cares if their own boards (/v/, /b/, /a/, whomever) are shit. It's when they bring that poison over to /toy/ that makes them worse. I can't think of any thread or post on /toy/ that was deleted about a video game subject, but something pertaining to japan? Almost every fucking day because of overreactions and sensitivity.
>>
>>5408424
Keep your accessories elsewhere (in a plastic container, acid-free ziploc bags, etc) while they're out.

Store your toys in their boxes if you don't want to display them for whatever reason. No harm in keeping them out, assuming your living space is at least half-clean.
>>
>>5409133

Agreed. /Co/ is just as bad as /v/ they just cry about 'sjw bogeymans' instead of 'muh games journalism ethics!'

Other than a few /toy/ specific trolls and the occasional stop liking what I don't like autism most people here actually like toys and want to discuss them.
>>
>>5409155
>most people here actually like toys and want to discuss them.
I agree. Feels like people have become more hostile and aggressive nowadays, though...
>>
File: 1428873644167.jpg (32KB, 407x500px) Image search: [Google]
1428873644167.jpg
32KB, 407x500px
>>5407249
I used to have tape on the joints of my old 12 inch McFarlane Xenomorph because the joints aren't stiff enough to support it in any pose for long before it collapses. Ended up wiring the tail to the base since the tape didn't hold forever either.
>>
>>5406965
They have those new TVs that are slightly curved to create an illusion of immersion. So... either way he's fucking retarded.

Also, clearly the person with OP's collection is a gamer, and those are all gaming figures, so having them by the TV with all their gaming stuff makes sense.

I have my Disney 3.0 stuff in front of my TV.
>>
>>5407802
literal cancer.
>>
>>5404382
Agreed. Its not hard to maintain a visually interesting but organized toy display. Dont have your toys all over the damn room. Keep them to a dedicated shelf. Dont put them in front of books, video games, televisions, computers, etc. Just leave some empty space around the toy on the shelf so its not a cluster fuck.
>>
>>5407519
no, LEDs are fine.
>>
People who don't take care of their collections to even a minimal degree.
>>
File: image.jpg (1010KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1010KB, 3264x2448px
I only have three in front of my tv, and they don't block the screen or anything. What's the big deal?
>>
>>5407087
can't see shit/10

TRYPTICON SAYS TV IS BAD FOR YOU
>>
>>5408132
Can't we all just get along. ;_;
>>
>>5408231
I 'unno, if they have no poseability then I'd assume they'd actually look better kept in the box.
>>
>>5418098
That's just adorable.
>>
File: NO!.jpg (21KB, 282x348px) Image search: [Google]
NO!.jpg
21KB, 282x348px
>>5418128
>>
>>5418132
Thank you, I also think it looks adorable. If I ever get my hands on a Mega Yarn Yoshi, I'll probably have him peeking over the top of the tv!

My room in my college apartment isn't very homey at this moment in time, so I need something to make me smile.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.