[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toys in the military? Was wondering if anyone was in or knows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

Toys in the military?

Was wondering if anyone was in or knows what the options are after basic and while in school training.
>>
hitting up local shops while on leave.
>>
>>5401882
I assume you mean option so for buying stuff? Well, most bases have a base exchange which essentially a department store like walmart and they carry toys. Some exchanges are better than others so it's hit or miss.
You can always just order stuff and have it delivered to you.

>>5402423
No leave in tech school.
>>
>>5401882
Navy fag here, I've had toys from scale models of tanks and ships, anime and star wars figs. Nobody cares if you have them or not. Most people actually thought the models I build were pretty cool. What service, OP? If you're referring to selection on base stores you're better off going to shops in the closest town.
>>
>>5402775
Buying or having delivered.

>>5402892
Thinking about going Air Force. I don't like water, and not fond of front lines.
I've got a cousin who went Navy, he's sitting around at the moment though before he gets deployed.
Which, first thing I'd do is likely get Hot Toys War Machines again.
>>
>>5403437
I'm in the Air Force and when it comes to toys i order online. Post office on base kinda sucks with actually delivering my packages to me but i just pick them up there. BX also has a modest toy selection that is a little bit smaller than an average walmarts. All my toys are military themed so no one cares and people actually like them.

once you can go off base you can always just go around the local area. theres like 3 toys r us's near me.

Also "again"? What happened to the other War Machine?
>>
>>5403660
I had the IM2 WM, sold it and all my other armors back a few years ago when the prices were insane and use that for my fun money for a few years.

I'm likely gonna go talk to a different recruiter next week, but besides my body being in poor shape that's the only issue on getting in I think.
>>
>>5403665
If its just your weight then you just need to buck up and lose it. I lost 30 lbs to get down to requirement. if you're concerned about not handling the physical requirements just don't worry about it because BMT will handle that for you with PT. theres usually a /k/ thread about this kinda stuff.

also if you join, by the time you get a chance to get some toys you'll more than likely be living in a dorm and getting inspections. My supervisors actually have some figures themselves so they don't care but keep in mind that you won't be able to have that fancy of a display until you move out and can get some real furniture.
>>
>>5403692
Weight a bit and the fact of I never really exercised at all. I'm sure my recruiter would have options or introduce me to others near by to get something set up.

I think the first guy I talked to said due to my age and education credits I'd have the option to live outside the dorms at the start. Either way, it's not like I have a lot out on display as it is, just my masterpiece TFs and a few high end movie bots.
>>
>>5403717
Time to drop that weight fat boy. No more hot pockets and chicken tendys for you.
>>
Curious about how non-military related toys are treated. Any militaryfags collect shinkis or Assault Lilys? Or something not even weapons related like schoolgirl Nendoroids or Figmas?
>>
>>5403759
I mean, I'm not fat. I'm average weight, but still too heavy for my height. I'd likely feel a lot better 20 lbs lighter too.
>>
>>5403823
>I'm average weight, but still too heavy for my height.
So your fat.
>>
>>5403843
Festively plump.
>>
>>5403717
>I think the first guy I talked to said due to my age and education credits I'd have the option to live outside the dorms at the start.

I don't know exactly how the Air Force works, because I was Army, but unless you're somehow going to be an NCO by the time you get out of whatever AF calls AIT, or you're married, you'll probably be living in the barracks.
>>
>>5403843
>So your fat.

>Implying the military isn't just a little strict on height and weight.

Nah negro, I would be in single digits bodyfat at 210-215 and the Army still expected me to be 185 lbs or I got taped.
>>
Hey OP, this is coming from an avid Lego collector who is in the service.
Your best bet would be to wait until you get out of tech school/Air Force AIT before you start collecting. When you are in initial entry training, (basic training/boot camp, tech school/AIT) you want to travel with what is on your person, or in your back pack/duffel bags. The less crap you have to carry with you from your training bases the better, and trust me, been there done that.
You can always hit up the Air Force/Navy Exchanges for toys, travel off post to a toy store/hobby shop, or set up a post office box and have them mailed to you.
>>
>>5401882
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrSS058pjWw
>>
And as a caveat to ^, your instructors will do room inspections every so often, and that may or may not involve tossing all your possessions around a room for the smallest of infractions regarding the way your quarters looks. I suggest that if you do decide to enlist in the armed forces, after you complete what ever round of initial training you do, live off post, or in the on post housing sections.
>>
File: 1435648895753.jpg (41KB, 445x473px) Image search: [Google]
1435648895753.jpg
41KB, 445x473px
>fatass wants to join the air force
>mama imma fly planes

Shakin my damn head
>>
>>5404469
>Health and welfare inspections.

In general I think they're stupid, but then you always get that one guy with fifteen old pizza boxes and dildos strewn about.
>>
>>5404466
I'm aware of what all if needed for basic, wasn't sure on what I'd be allowed in tech. Oh well, might just order things and ship to my parents.

>>5404478
Prolly less than you basement cuck
>>
>>5405672
I started collecting again in tech school but mine was in only one location. Also my collection could fit into a foot locker which I moved it in. When I got a chance to go back home i combined my collections then brought them to my assignment.
>>
>>5405672
Don't lash out at me piggie lmao
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.