[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else hate being asked how much their purchases cost?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

Anyone else hate being asked how much their purchases cost?

I used to live with 3 guys in an apartment, and whenever I got a new toy I would always get asked by at least one of them "how much did that cost?" And for some reason it bugs me. I have no idea what about it irks me. I'm also a tech enthusiast so the same questions come up there too, whenever I get a new device.

I've moved out of there and live with my girlfriend (who is supportive of my interests, thinks my collection is cool) now but I still occasionally run into the same issue when talking with friends or family. I feel like my hobby is under fire every time, despite the fact that my income more than covers my lifestyle and savings, toy purchases included.

Its kind of dumb, but anyone else ever feel like this?

Unrelated picture, just what I had saved on my phone.
>>
>>5397796
I'm not saying this to be insulting, but you may actually have autism or aspbergers if that bothers you so much.
>>
>>5397970
I dunno, I guess to clarify, what bothers me is when people criticize money spent on hobbies. Being asked how much you spent on your hobby when you are just excited about what you spent the money on is annoying.

For me, someone jumping straight to asking me about how much my possessions cost is weird and reduces things that make me happy into price tags sitting on a shelf.
>>
>>5397970

autists don't have girlfriends or jobs and they certainly wouldn't care what normies think of their hobby
>>
>>5397796
>gf always wants to go out to eat everyday
>I always tell her I am lacking in funds
>"well if you didn't buy so many games and toys you could"
do I hit her?
>>
>>5397995
Yes that bitch needs to get in line
>>
>>5397995
Give her some bread and tell her to eat it outside.
>>
>>5397995
Just tell her you like those things more than you like eating out. Suggest that she buy if she wants to that badly. If you mean hit in a violent way and aren't joking , then you should probably get your temper checked out. If it's just joking then carry on and I understand your pain. I just wanna spend money on stuff that will keep being enjoyed, not food that will be gone in an hour.
>>
I can see where you're coming from, OP. I imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and you asked your ex-flatmates constantly about the price of their new Nike Air Fuccbois, booze, smartphones, etc they'd get pretty annoyed in turn.
>>
>>5398010
What was really weird was that they were all huge weebs who bought con tickets and spent money on supplies for cosplay, but they drew the line at toys apparently.
>>
>>5398010

Tbh they'd probably be super excited to tell you how much they pissed away on name brand bullshit like that. Telling someone how you spent $800 on a phone is a bragging right to people like that because a phone isn't 'worthless' like a toy is to them.

I deal with this shit all the time in regards to my bjd collection.
>>
>>5397796
Eh. I'm a master in the art of not giving a fuck about other people's opinions. They don't value the same things I do? Oh well, fuck 'em. Toys fulfill me, & nobody's gonna change that or make me feel less of a man for it. Some people buy expensive shoes or video games, others get toys. Some like to look flashy, some like to interact, others like to have something on the shelf that provokes happiness on sight. If they don't get that, it's their problem. In five or ten years, between weeb otaku shit & Bazinga! culture, it probably won't even be a thing anymore.
>>
This only bothers me if my wife asks it, which she almost never does, because I know she had something else in mind for any spending money

But since I pay the mortgage I don't think she ultimately cares
>>
File: 126723672743.png (732KB, 631x449px) Image search: [Google]
126723672743.png
732KB, 631x449px
>>5397796
well I just spent over $200 buying these 2. Call me absolute nuts.

I bought them because they are expected to be released worldwide later this month and I am cautious of them becoming "rare" later on.
lol
>>
>>5398091
I'll just call you a liar.
>>
>>5398091

>speculating on Star Wars toys

How can you be so stupid?
>>
>>5398091
You realize you can order her along with 5 other 3.75 figures for $55 Dorsksidetoys starting tonight, right? Cancel those purchases if you can
>>
>>5398091
Sell them now.

Right now.

My dad and uncle speculated on star wars toys. It does not pay unless you sell them immediately when the hype for them is high. EVERYTHING devalues except for very few exceptionally rare pieces, and general release figures of the main protagonists will never be those rare pieces.

Move them now or you are an idiot.
>>
>>5398108
This desu
I sold my Vader force FX light saber for $300 and I paid $150 for it.
>>
>>5398108
You misunderstand, anon. He's not buying them to flip; he's the idiot that pays inflated hype prices.

Well, more accurately, he's the idiot who lies about buying toys for attention.
>>
>>5398091
Oh Jesus now my thread is about fucking Star Wars. I like star wars too but like half the board is star wars right now

>>5398090
Yeah I have a similar situation, I make way more money than my girlfriend and pay more of the rent and take us out to dinner a lot, so its not like she is about to judge me.
>>
>>5398124
No, I fully understand. I'm telling him to sell them now to another idiot to recover what he can, because if he waits they won't be worth dick.
>>
>>5397796
I do custom stuff and make a lot of money doing it, and used to have people give me a lot of shit for buying a $45 figure. I'd try to explain that when I'm done that $45 figure will make me several hundred dollars easy, doesn't matter. Spent $45 on plastic. FOR SHAME.
>>
>>5398172
Pics?
>>
You ever think that they don't know what to say, but want to show an interest in their friends hobby?
>>
>>5398105
thank you so much for letting me know.
there is 2 copies 1 for $100 and the other for $55 yet they look the same.
u know whats the difference?
>>
>>5398105
wait a better question:
what's the difference between the Figure Case and Figure Set versions?
>>
>>5398108
That must explain why I still see brand new toys from the Phantom Menace on ebay being sold for only about $10.. yet I thought they would become rare or expensive.
>>
File: 20160111_132655_resized.jpg (199KB, 703x1001px) Image search: [Google]
20160111_132655_resized.jpg
199KB, 703x1001px
>>5398178
I'm Canofbeams. I make this stuff.
>>
>>5398212
Wow that's really cool.
>>
>>5398212

When were you thinking of having your next order period? I always miss it, and have to 'wait for the next one', and end up missing the next one.
>>
>>5398187
>>5398204
I think one comes with 2 of each and one comes with 1 of each
>>
>>5398212
Oh I love your work. How much do your beams go for these days? Something basic like a Godzilla atomic breath beam for example?
>>
>>5398230
but it still is brand new in its original packaging? reading the figure set version being cheaper i thought they took it out of the box and shipped it cheaper like that lol
>>
>>5398222
Thank you

>>5398228
Late January/Early February, but it will probably be fairly limited unless people want to wait until april, I'm going to be in Tokyo for half of March. If you were looking for kamehamehas I'm just gonna start making them regularly and selling stock as it builds up. So, those will be much more available, special beam cannons will possibly go the same route.

>>5398232
An atomic breath piece would be about $19, 24.50 with a stand.
>>
>>5398235
>An atomic breath piece would be about $19
>>
>>5398234
Lmao there's no way they'd do that, it's a toy collector site. I'm ordering the cheaper one tonight. Wish I could just order 2 Rey's though, I don't care about the others
>>
>>5398237
Go make one by hand with a shaped and alternately colored inner core and outer core and let me know how it goes.
>>
>>5398238
I found this info on the site. If you know what it means:
You'll often find we sell some products loose and carded. This is because of the feedback we received from you! Many of you are keen to keep costs low and a lot of fans who were ‘openers’ wanted the option to save on postage. Many of you also wanted mint, unpunched carded figures, hence why we sell those also.
>>
>>5398241
why are you advertising here? its illegal you know
>>
>>5398237
Sounds like a fair price to me Anon.
>>
>>5398244
They aren't? Also

>illegal

Lolwut?
>>
>>5398243
Could you link me to the figure set and where it says that? I can't find it anymore
>>
>>5398247
I could buy another Neca Godzilla with that money
>>
>>5398256
Neca aren't custom made by one guy. Hand made stuff always costs more.

What do you expect to pay? Just the cost of the materials?
>>
>>5398255
I found this in the About Us section
http://www.dorksidetoys.com/aboutus.asp

so idk then if the cheaper version comes with the package or not
>>
>>5398260
Do you not have a job or something or is this all you do with your time?
>>
>>5398260
Why are you feeding him?
>>
I never get asked that about my toys, but in general I resent being asked how much I spent on something. I have a relative who does that a lot when I mention getting work done on my car or whatever.

>How much did you spend on that, if I may ask?
No, you may not ask. It's none of your business.
>>
>>5398260
Don't worry man, I appreciate it, but it isnt worth your time. this is why I don't post about this stuff here but rarely. Someone gets salty about it almost every time.
>>
>>5398276
Shame people are bitchy. I like what I've seen of your work, and hope the business continues to go well.
>>
>>5398266
I feel you, man. My family acknowledges that we all play the same game of always naming prices lower that we paid for things. Dunno why, but we do.
>>
>>5398244
He isn't advertising, people asked him, he answered.
>>
>>5398287

People don't really understand the time that it takes to make something and just bitch about stupid stuff. I know a number of creators in Second Life who get fucking death threats over a virtual pair of shoes that cost .50 cents.
>>
>>5398767
He's actually one of the cheapest customizers I've seen. A lot of thise guys charge absolutely obscene hourly rates for work. Like 40/hour plus.
>>
>>5398212
Can I see more of your work?
>>
>>5398079
>i don't give a fuck
And goes on to post a paragraph defending yourself and your hobbies.
If you truly didn't care you wouldn't be telling us this.
>>
>>5397796
I don't asked about individual pieces as much as I'm asked how much I've spent on the whole collection which leads to the inevitable "how much is it all worth now?" questioning which I try to downplay & say thats its not worth very much since it's all out of the packaging. They always seem to think that my collection is a retirement investment & I have to correct them and say that its just for fun.

>>5398212
I follow you on FB, you do great work dude!
>>
>>5398079
I'm sharing my line of thinking with OP in the hopes that adopting it would absolve him of his guilt. Peace&love
>>
>>5397995
tell her shes fat
>>
>>5397995
Tell her you've noticed she farts a lot more after she eats and it's a major turn off.

And just leave it at that.
>>
File: 1437457150948.jpg (263KB, 950x1254px) Image search: [Google]
1437457150948.jpg
263KB, 950x1254px
>>5397796
It depends really why they are asking it.
1)Do they give a fuck about your hobby at all?
2)They might be interested and just asking how much the average price of these toys are these days.
>b-but they could've just google it
its called starting a conversation you autist.
3)Are you one of those cunts who owe people money and never return it to them while asking favours all the time?

Also noone likes a selfish cunt who just buy shit for themselves while sharing an apartment.
Thats just how it is.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-26-16h43m27s126.jpg (24KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-26-16h43m27s126.jpg
24KB, 768x576px
>>5400585
>noone likes a selfish cunt

Which is why nobody likes you?
>>
>>5400585
We were students, and I ordered pizza for us and stuff from time to time, I dunno, it wasn't like we hung out all the time and were bffs. I never really talked about my collection, I just kinda had them
>>
>>5398091
you sure its more bc you want to feel special for getting toys early?
>>
>>5397970
Typically when someone constantly asks you shit like "how much did that cost" whenever you get something new it's because they don't approve of it or they're judging you for it so it's pretty reasonable to consider it an obnoxious, annoying thing.
>>
>>5398235

>Special Beam Cannons will possibly go the same route

muh dick. How much would a Spirit Bomb or maybe a Galick Gun go for?
>>
File: denial plavsky stuff.png (2MB, 1201x1371px) Image search: [Google]
denial plavsky stuff.png
2MB, 1201x1371px
>>5401928
I'm not doing spirit bombs because they would be unreasonably large and time consuming. I'll take the time to resculpt and mold a new base for a destructo disk before I approach the spirit bomb.

Galick guns are the same as kamehamehas, it's all the same, so they'll be in the same pool as them as just getting made regularly.
>>5399187
kk. I made all the effects on this denial gundam.
>>
File: gl construct test.jpg (88KB, 877x1133px) Image search: [Google]
gl construct test.jpg
88KB, 877x1133px
>>5402005
Also planning out some GL constructs.
>>
>>5398212
I always just assumed you were some Mexican or Brazilian guy who's obsessed with DBZ and posts on shitty forums for some reason.
>>
>>5402049
Nope, American, and I've pulled out of pretty much all regular forums. Those places are way too uptight.
>>
>>5402008
Very cool bro, what are these made of? I saw someone use hot glue gun and make effects that looked pretty good, but not as refined as these.
>>
>>5398212
I know it's probably not the smartest thing for you seeing as we are probably a good percentage of your customers, but have you ever considered making guides to do stuff similar to yours?
>>
>>5402352
I've made guides. I'm going to release them all when I'm done.
>>
>>5402862
Sweet
>>
File: KrillinSpiritBombAwayEarth01.png (307KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
KrillinSpiritBombAwayEarth01.png
307KB, 640x480px
>>5402005

How about the low level spirit bomb, then? It could also be Yellow, to be the Spirit Ball for Yamcha and Krillin.
>>
>>5397796
I like telling people how much I spend on my shit and not giving a fuck to what they say afterwards cause I can always tell them they waste their money on vape or some other shit that is intangible after a single use.
>>
>>5397796
Okay, this picture makes me desperate for a goofy hat and sunglasses for my Zilla.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.