[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Man, this thing was disappointing.People hyped up Mezco's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: MZDKR-001.jpg (1MB, 1700x1586px) Image search: [Google]
MZDKR-001.jpg
1MB, 1700x1586px
Man, this thing was disappointing.People hyped up Mezco's One:12 stuff like crazy, and I finally buckled down and got Batman. I expected at least a basic Figuarts level figure, but what I got felt more like a dressed up NECA figure at best, and a DCUC at worst.
The production itself is very nice. Great box, great stand and armature set up. The costume itself is welldone, especially the cape.But the base figure itself is nothing to write home about.I've been spoiled by what I expect from import figures, because it feels stiff as hell. The ankle rockers feel incredibly lacking and dated. the whole leg area feels like a basic retail figure. I just can't shake the fact that Mezco should've emulated Japanese figures better. It's weird going from the Kinnikuman SHFs, probably the most sublimely articulated figures in this scale, to this. In all honesty, I had more enjoyment out of the SHF Batman, despite it's unfortunate appearance, than this figure overall.

I don't know, I'm just constantly let down by these American toys that get hyped to be just like high quality Japanese figures, but fail to deliver. At least the DC Icons were cheap figures; this on the otherhand costs nearly twice as much as the average SHF.

What did everyone else think?
>>
>>5395647
Could we have a picture of the one you have?

With timestamp, if possible. Otherwise i'll assume this is bait for 3A anon to come in and start shrieking "MEZCO SHILLS" at anyone who actually likes that figure.
>>
File: IMG_20160110_184622.jpg (341KB, 1600x912px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160110_184622.jpg
341KB, 1600x912px
>>5395673
Here
>>
File: DSCN1502.jpg (914KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1502.jpg
914KB, 2272x1704px
>>5395714
Nice, i love it.

Anyway, yeah there's definitely some great design differences between American figures and Japanese ones. I live in a country where marvel legends and black series figures cost as much on the shelf/online as it would be to get a figuarts/figma online (you'd need to have more money than sense to get those in person) so from my perspective they're both in the same price and quality range, but overall the American ones are always lacking.

Sadly i don't have that figure itself, but i've read alot about it and Mezco do seem to have some trouble putting together decent legs/ankle rockers. I can understand different companies engineering their figures their own way, and that's fine and really should be encouraged, but for me it feels like Mezco chooses their own style over some of the practicality.

I think they were banking alot on the quality of the suit to win over collectors, and i have heard impressive things about it that made me excited for their Space Ghost figure, but when it comes to actual articulation they need to step up their game.

I only got two DC Icons figures, Mister Miracle who i really wanted and Black Adam which i got on a whim, but from those two i got really varied quality of figures. My MM had really tight joints and his elbows and knees felt small and frail as well, and i couldn't get any movement out of his torso at all. Black Adam on the other hand felt so much sturdier and his joints could actually move and hold a pose. So from my limited experience it seems like that line has a wide variance in quality.

So yeah, as far as American figures go i'm not really impressed enough to dive fully in, though i will be getting Space Ghost when it comes out and that'll be my first "High-end" American toy. But for my personal taste i'm happy with Japanese ones.
>>
>>5395764
Why didn't i dust Machine Man...
>>
>>5395647
It has most of the same articulation points as an SHF figure (butterfly ball into ball hinge shoulders, double-jointed elbows, ball torso, ball waist, ball hips with internal thigh swivel, double-jointed knees, ankle tilt and rock). The only substantial limitations are the amount of ankle rocker motion and the neck not having much tilt due to the plastic cowl around the double ball joint.

Not to mention the internal body is built like a tank.

I collect a lot of Japanese figures and 1/6 and was thoroughly impressed by Batman. It cost $60 at retail, which is about SHF money. I'm not really sure what more you could expect out of it, honestly - and your namedropping 'high quality Japanese figures' makes me feel like this whole post is bait.
>>
>One:12

What the hell is this gayass shit?
>>
> Dozens of threads about bats after release

> None about Dredd after release

Was he a disappointment or something?
>>
>>5396012
There was a 3A anon that would troll any discussion about the Mezco Dredd and rant on and on about the 3A Dredd.

People just got exhausted trying to talk about it and stopped bothering.
>>
>>5396012
no one cares about Dredd bro.
still Mezco Batman is overrated. I'm not even that 3a dude and OP is right.
>>
>>5396097
>no one cares about Dredd bro.

Eh, I'm a casual fan of both, but Dredd definitely is cooler than angry pajama-bats.
>>
>>5395784
I don't think having the articulation points on their own is enough to let it be viable. It's a similar case to the DC Icons where the points are their, but limited by sculpt(and the costume, in this case). The lack of pull-down style hips also hurt.
>>
>>5396139
>pull-down hips
>on a clothed figure
u wot m8, even figuarts doen't do that anymore.
>>
>>5395647
You come across as an import only elitest. Mezcos batman was fantastic and there many simultaneous threads after the release singing his praises. He costs as much as a figuarts and is in the same scale. He has fantastic articulation and detail, almost on par with a figuarts but I agree its not the same. However he does have the killer fabric costume which goes way beyond anything you'll find for $60 at the 1:12 scale. Its a killer batman figure and many people regard it as the best in the scale. I'm sorry you don't like it anon but I think you have double standards and your complaints sound ridiculous.
>>
Sure is typical weeaboo making a "Japan is superior, west a shit" troll.
>>
>>5395647
I can see what you mean in part, but I think you're presenting only half the story. There's parts to it that move better than most imports I collect; the torso in particular is wonderful both forward and back, and to the sides as well. It's extremely dynamic in that area and adds to the hunched and powerful look that so few Batman figures can achieve (I actually can't think of any in the 1/12 scale, truth be told). All too often I get import figures that can only lean back and barely crunch forward at all, which to me is one of the most handicapping aspects of a figure. Sentai figures suffer from this occasionally, as do many others from Bandai's SHF line like Jedi Luke.

Realistically, the only failing spots on Batman as far as articulation goes would be the elbows and the ankles, and with the ankles it's only in the degree of tilt because the forward and back is at a greeter degree of movement than what import-style joints typically allow when confronted with typical sculpts. But to say it's less functional than an average import figure feels spurious at best, disingenuous at worst. Looking at the DBZ SHF line for example's sake, few of them actually have what we would consider "good" ankle tilt. By the same way that one could dismiss the Batman figure as below import articulation standards, one could just as easily cite examples where it's better.
>>
File: 2016-01-10 23.10.17.jpg (1MB, 1060x1883px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-10 23.10.17.jpg
1MB, 1060x1883px
I really liked mine. Probably my fav toy of last year
>>5396012
I just ordered mine I'm excited.
>>
>>5396295
>op loves the presentation, accessories, costume
>only complaint is the articulation that can't compare to his usual fare

>weaboo troll
>>
>>5395647
Hell no, this figure feels amazing. It feels like it is some kind of $120 figure.
But it was $60 so it's even sweeter.
>>
>>5396975
No point in arguing, they'll just brand you a weeaboo too
>>
>>5396975
>loves the presentation, accessories, costume
>only complaint is the articulation that can't compare to his usual fare
>3 > 1
Yet still disappointed about the entire toy and constantly compares it to weeaboo figures being superior

It's a shitty east vs west like a typical weeaboo troll or just a general troll.
>>
>>5396277
>He costs as much as a figuarts and is in the same scale.

If $20-30 more is "as much," then sure.

Anyway, you admitted yourself that the the base figure isn't the best. Everything else you posted OP basically agreed with.

Stop taking personal offensive to others opinions. For sucks sake you both basically agree on everything, only you like it more and OP likes it less.
>>
I don't think this is a troll thread. If it was, the more moderate replies have killed its trolling potential. It's a good figure in some regards, and a limited figure in others. Welcome to every action figure, ever.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.