[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has Kyoani done anything to piss Max Factory? Why no figmas anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: axTop.png (2KB, 300x60px) Image search: [Google]
axTop.png
2KB, 300x60px
Seems a long time since we had any figma from a KyoAni show.

Last time was K-on I guess. Then we didn't have anything from Hyouga, then nothing from Chuuni, then nothing from Amagi Park, then nothing from Euphonium.

Why is that?
>>
>>5395161
I mean, who wouldn't buy a Chitanda figma, or a Nibutani figma, or a Sento figma, or a Reina or Kumiko figma?

Would be an easy profit for any of these characters.
>>
>>5395161
>we didn't have anything from Hyouka, then nothing from Chuuni
These two surprise me the most

>>5395164
>Nibutani figma
Day one purchase
>>
The last Kyoani figma were the Free! boys. Apparently despite the popularity of the show they still didn't bother making the whole team. And fujos don't seem to be very up in arms about it.

Every show they did since was based on some obscure manga, which never bodes well for getting early merch. Most figure companies only prep themselves for new shows if the manga it's based on is big. Like how One Punch Man got a figma announced before the show aired.

Shit's too risky nowadays.

I'd kill for a figma Mirai. Or Tamako. Or Salama.
>>
>>5396088
>And fujos don't seem to be very up in arms about it.
Most likely because they screwed up the back with such a stupid design choice. A lot of people, including myself, were turned off.
Despite that, Haru (not sure about the other) became one of the more expensive Figma releases now, at about ~10k.

Are those other KyoAni shows actually popular? I don't like KyoAni's stuff to pay attention to them, but if there's not much popularity for them, I can see why GSC/MF wouldn't bother paying the licenses and development for them.
>>
File: tumblr_mxw2q4e5Rl1rbnx7io1_500.gif (793KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxw2q4e5Rl1rbnx7io1_500.gif
793KB, 500x281px
You knoe
>>
>>5395161
they're so forgettable desu, not enough to buy. i imagine their market research tells them the same thing
>>
>Chitanda is my waifu
>no figmas, no nendos
A curious faceplate would be lovely
>>
>>5395164
interest is lost in those shows 6 months after airing, which is the bare minimum lead time to get a figure out. only franchises with fanbases that get established (Free, K-ON!, etc.) will get figma. otherwise it's not worth the investment.
>>
>>5396088
They aren't even based on manga, but light novels that KyoAni owns through some subsidiary. And then they go and change the entire plot of the shows anyway. They're pretty much original franchises and those are always testy when creating goods for the otaku market.
>>
>>5395161
I heard for some time near any new kyoani girl statue was Kyoani shop exclusive. As anon said they animate their own light novels now, so they try (tried?) too keep their pvc in the house too?
>>
File: Hibike-Kumiko-Oumae-730x520.jpg (47KB, 730x520px) Image search: [Google]
Hibike-Kumiko-Oumae-730x520.jpg
47KB, 730x520px
This is a very interesting topic.

We know that Max Factory/Phat! and GSC are almost the same thing.

As a Kyofag I'd KILL for a Kumiko nendo or a Mai-onee sama figma with effect parts.

So, they aren releasing stuff from them because is risky? What about FIVE nendoroid from Infinite Stratos? those little shits were sent to die.
>>
>>5402588
>implying Nendoroids are hard to design and manufacture
>implying japs don't swallow Nendos up no matter who they're of
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.