[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a former employee of Toys R Us anything. I'm currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7

File: TRU-BRU-logo.png (515KB, 1425x983px) Image search: [Google]
TRU-BRU-logo.png
515KB, 1425x983px
Ask a former employee of Toys R Us anything.

I'm currently reflecting on how big of a fuck up that job was and wanna rant and answer questions.
>>
Best way to steal Lego?
>>
>>5383768
Does hasbro shit sell horribly?
>>
>>5383776
Literally fill up your shopping cart and walk out with it. Once you're out of the parking lot there's nothing people can do.

I've had friends who just take out shopping carts full of product (not at the store I worked at) and would not get caught.

>>5383778
Depends on the brand. What hasbro stuff are you talking about?
>>
>>5383768
How often do you actually have products in the back but tell the customer you don't? Specifically amiibo or video games.
>>
>>5383782
Titan heroes, shitty 5poa avengers and star wars figures, etc.
>>
>>5383800
I pretty much would always go back and check to make sure we had it. I'd take my time doing it though because fuck being out on the floor.

Telling them we had it was great though because then I could sometimes get them on the additional plans/credit card sign ups.

We'd almost always run out of video games though and rarely got more stock in. There's a much smaller room for the video games/accessories than the actual back room.
>>
>>5383782
I can kinda confirm this stealing trick. No a former employee, but a former serious shoplifter. I used to walk out with so much stuff just in my hands.
>>
>>5383815
Yeah, it's really ridiculous how easy it is. Obviously not taking the stuff with the security tags, but enough smaller stuff to add up was the best way they'd get profit.
>>
>>5383778
>>5383806
Fuck off Greg
>>
>>5383806
All the times I worked in the front nobody would ever bring that stuff over to me so take that as you will.
>>
what were your ost memorable regular customers like?
>>
>>5383800
In my store, Amiibo get put out ASAP unless there's already an ASSLOAD of them already on the shelf like Villager/Mii.
Old overstocked Infinity and Skylanders are the only ones that get stuck in the back.
Street dated/register locked items, naturally, stay in the back unless someone doesn't pay attention.
>>
>>5383768
When the fuck can I get a Reeves Superman?
>>
>>5383858
Nobody really stuck out unfortunately.

>>5383905
No fucking clue anymore, just hope to god you get lucky.
>>
how many dirty diapers did you have to clean out from carts?
>>
>>5383961
None luckily. I'm sure Babies R Us side wasn't as lucky.
>>
Did you enjoy the Coach PK show? How many BPPs did you get? Ddi you sell enough Rewards Cards? You didn't forget to ask about Batteries did you? DID YOU?! SO HELP ME GOD IF YOU FORGOT TO ASK ABOUT BATTERIES!
>>
>>5383768
In what way was it a fuck up job?
>>
Type as much of the looped videos and ads you have burned into your brain as you can.
>>
What were your experiences with adult collectors or bronies?
>>
>>5383782
i have a terrible feeling this isnt a joke
>>
So why so salty, famillion?
>>
>>5383821
>>5383815

>spot the Negros
>>
I ordered a TBS6 Snowtrooper Officer from TRU.com.. it showed up today.. it was Finn. Sorry you had to work at that shit company OP. They really are the fucking worst
>>
>>5383768
How long did you work there?
>>
Best way to steal Marvel Legends figures?
>>
>>5384362

Not him but I'm sure all other employees can relate to this hell

I DONT WANNA GROW UP

I'M A TOYS R US KID
>>
>>5385672

I remember laughing my ass off at some of the Power Wheel displayers. I can't remember which one in particular, but it had a video screen that showed this commercial of the kid driving and it was all "action packed" and then...in the most bored, mundane voice the guy goes "...realistic...driving...action."
>>
File: 1451363060111.png (3MB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1451363060111.png
3MB, 900x900px
>>5384437
Yes. white people are so perfect. They never steal and if they do, it's just a harmless prank bro.
>>
>>5383905
I've seen several at my TRU. Is it rare?
>>
>>5383821
don't the alarms at the doors go off?
>>
>>5385956
Only if they have an EAS tag. And if they aren't already deactivated.
>>
>>5384437
>>5385924

I trust the occasional black person and mexicans more than the white trash that visit our store.
>>
File: 1436144576660.jpg (59KB, 434x720px) Image search: [Google]
1436144576660.jpg
59KB, 434x720px
>>5385963
>mfw it was that easy to shoplift all along
>>
>>5385976
I used to take batteries ALL the time. We had a bag of them for displays and tests, I'd just snag a few as needed.

When we had an icee machine I'd get "free" drinks too. Good stuff.
>>
>>5383768
Whens the best time of year to stock up on EAH and MH dolls? Good sales, and great inventory..?
>>
File: 1422414342694.png (271KB, 480x513px) Image search: [Google]
1422414342694.png
271KB, 480x513px
>>5383768
>That trip
>>
>>5384303
I'd fuck Coach PK. Hard.
>>
Do you guys keep stuff in the back like most retailers and just outright refuse to check due to your manager telling you no?
>>
>>5390213
There's never anything the back. Managers want shit out and sold, so nobody would tell you not to unless it was on street date.

I used to go back to the back and stand around if the person was a cock. But if I knew we had something in the back for some reason, and someone needed it, I'd help them out.

But most of the time? Stand in the back. Because people don't accept you know what you're talking about, no, you have to do a puppet show for their tiny minds.
>>
>>5390315
this, I work part time in auto parts and it comes down to how you approach me: if you come off as a dick, I'll just go sit in the back for 5 minutes and go on 4chan while I take my time making it look like I was searching
>>
>>5390332
My favorite thing ever was "well your website says you have it."

People are too retarded for their own good.
>>
How ridiculous were amiibo releases? Was your store full of neckbeards ogling over plastic?
>>
>>5390315
Didn't there used to be a lot of stuff in the back before at TRU? I remember my grandparents asking quite a few times in the past and they'd pull out whatever cool stuff they had. My grandparents are 10/10 people so that might be why.
>>
>>5390512

Dude fuck your grandparents
>>
What's TRU's policy on booster pack scaling? I know Target's varies from store to store.

Oh, and are scalpers common in your area?
>>
File: 1447071903972.jpg (185KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1447071903972.jpg
185KB, 900x600px
>>5383768
Did you ever steal a toy from the stock room you wanted? Did you know anyone who used to? Even if you didn't do you think it would have been pretty easy for you to do so if you really wanted to ?
>>
>>5390512

No.

The goal was to get everything on the floor, always. If there's extra it goes in the TZ bays now...but even then there were daily replenishments.
>>
I used to work at a TRU too, was there ever any security? I dont remember seeing a room with all the camera feeds anywhere.
>>
>>5390718
No screw off.

>>5391095
I'm guessing it's because they'd get them during a restock or something. I recall the TRU I went to having boxes above the aisle for quick restocks.
>>
>>5391404
The cameras feed into the office, they always had a tv in there wit the lI've fred when I was in there. Our store only had four or five real cameras. Back of house, front desk, r zone closet, and boys side/babies r us side. The rest were dummies.
>>
>>5391412
That was around season then. They're only allowed to use overstocks then.
>>
>>5390505
From this season, villager and mega yarn yoshi were the only ones here that got line campers.
The announced restock of Pie Face got more people.
>>
>>5383768
On a scale from 1-10, could you rate your general experience working there?
>>
>>5383768
Did you ever do cashier?

I just did it for seasonal and I felt overwhelmed.

I felt like scum trying to "sell" the Rewards card.

I regret not doing overnight stock instead.
>>
>Stealing chat
I dunno brevs, I worked the door at christmas there once as my first job. The store detective (aka bouncer) would run pictures of known thieves and suspicious characters by me and call him if any are spotted, in no uncertain terms he would fuck your shit up.
>>
>>5385971
This is true, the overwhelming majority of thefts were from shitty parents and mothers who would load shit up in their bags and just walk out.
>>
>>5384303

>not just having the coach PK shit run and do something else until it finished

I never watch the retarded product knowledge vids. A lot is just common sense bullshit.

Also fuck the batteries, fuck the BPPs. Stockers/early crew are best. Get dibs on shit, stock the aisles, set the aisles, learn the most and barely deal with retard customers.
>>
File: 1451521801659.jpg (181KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1451521801659.jpg
181KB, 960x1280px
Toys R Us has always been my dream job. Ever since I was a kid I lusted over the thought of being surrounded by a shit ton of toys and videos games and being able to learn bout them and sell them.

This thread is making me second guess my desire to work there.
>>
>>5396288
This is one of those situations where you reeeeally shouldn't follow your dreams.
I'm not OP but I can confirm every TRU is the same and they all are awful to work for.
If you really want to see for yourself get a seasonal position next holiday season but I'd advise against.
>>
>>5391064
>Underrated post
>>
>>5396288
It's sorta like having christmas everyday or going to a theme park everyday. It loses it's magic quickly and you lose it also to shitty customers and not being there for fun but for work.
>>
>>5396288
It's not great, honestly.

Well, I worked at the warehouse (processing online orders) and it's overrated. That said, it is a little fun to be packing and shipping 50+ Legacy Tigerzords or some shit, and reading the little comments the customers would leave for us or whoever's receiving the parcel.
>>
>>5383768
where are the Jazzware Sonic shit, and not the Boom shit shit.
>>
>>5396288
A comic book shop would be more for you. Same idea, but more casual and talking to customers.
>>
>>5396288
Worked there for years, while i love my job to an extent its ruined by puppet ignorant managers who are just hired to to what the emails tell them too. Thats why things are such trash at those stores in part.
>>
>>5383821
So wait. My fuckup in attempting to steal from walmart was because I parked in the parking lot? I could have been as bold as I wanted and been fine as long as I had just walked away?
>>
>>5396288

When you work at TRU it's basically like learning all the most horrible things ever.

Our Geoffrey, for instance, was our retarded janitor who they made wear the costume because nobody else would. Every time kids would come and take pictures with Geoffrey? Hanging out with the retarded janitor who was wiping down windows and cleaning up those unflushed toilets (seriously, fuck people, why don't you flush in public????) a few hours earlier.
>>
>>5394949
No such person at the stores I've worked at. They'd rather let someone walk off with merchandise than have to pay for an employee getting hurt or killed going after the thieves.

>>5394943
At least with the rewards card you get points and keep track of receipts. It's much scummier trying to sell the BPP/square trades.
>>
>>5391404
There were cameras, but they were used for watching employees for the most part. No one ever sat in a room and watched the feeds, but they had tape to refer to in case something happened.
>>
>>5383768
What is the correct pronounciation of Toys R Us?
>>
>>5397764
Flip the R jackass
>>
File: 1365825721428.gif (302KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1365825721428.gif
302KB, 360x240px
>>5396349
how was it at the warehouse? Only warehouse job I've worked was paid ass and the environment was hostile

left that fuckin shithole in a week
>>
>>5397764
toy s russ
>>
>>5396470
Discontinued and cleared out for blue arms, you'd be lucky to find that old stuff anywhere now.
>>
>>5397005
Care to explain this story?
>>
Current Job also my first job. I wanna get the fuck out of there. Its not terrible always but if you want to live and breath in hell work during season it will change you as a person.
>>
My question wasn't answered in this thread.
>Ok bye
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.