[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DC Icons are pretty good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: figs.jpg (95KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
figs.jpg
95KB, 960x720px
Can we talk about DC Icons?

I know they didn't turn out to be America's answer to Figuarts, but over I'm still glad I own them. The sculpt is worthwhile, the accesories are decent despite lacking extra faces and the articulation, despite lacking some of the finer points like a thigh swivel, does work.

I also like that they're doing actual superheroes and not turning into another MUH BATMAN FAMILY line. I doubt I'll ever find a better Black Adam fig until the Shazam movie, if even then.
>>
I saw them in a local store the other day and they do look really good but I'm just not a DC guy.
>>
I'd be into them if I could recognize half the outfits they put the characters in.
>>
>>5381976
Well, they're going for a more generic representation to appease everyone as opposed to just say the Pre-Crisis or New 52 fans.
>>
Reeeeaaaally hate the scale.
>>
>>5381995
Work really well if you collect Figuarts for instance. I have my Adam wrestling Injustice Superman.
>>
>>5381991
It seems like most of the stuff is post-Crisis, though. It's just Flash, Superman, Joker, and Deadman that I can recall that aren't (there might be more, I'm sure). I get that with DCC being an in-house operational arm to DC that they'd want to promote the stuff that is currently being published, but I'm not too keen on spending my shekels on costumes I don't even recognize.
>>
>>5382021
I think they'll end up doing more costumes. I mean, the basic sculpt is there and would need little molding differences to from Pre-Crisis Supes to Post-Crisis Supes.

They're probably just working on getting a lot of variety out before jewing us with costumes.
>>
>>5382003
I want to get green arrow but I wanted to make sure he scaled with shf injustice batman.
>>
>>5381995
This. I love Icons so far, but it drives me bonkers that they're noticeably smaller than Marvel Legends, especially since Icons feels like DCC's answer to the ML line.

Between Mattel's old DCU line being too large and now DCC's Icons line being too small, it's like we just can't win.
>>
Anyone have Blue Beetle here? How is he?
>>
>>5382139

GA measures just a bit over 6" tall and is a bit smaller than SHF batman but not by a huge amount and body wise GA might look more teenish since he's skinnier. Overall dig him since he's prolly one of the only figures I've ever owned that can do a pretty solid arrow draw pose. Only things that really kinda hinder it the range in the hips and the head/hood not looking right when turned.
>>
File: ml caps.jpg (419KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
ml caps.jpg
419KB, 1600x800px
i'm loving them.
They've revived my interest in collecting larger figures.

IT's basically all i ever wanted from a toyline and I'm thinking of just giving up on all other superhero lines because of what they're offering.

>>5382210
>they're noticeably smaller than Marvel Legends,
>buying Hasbro's MLs.
Ever since the switch from Toy Biz, i've found myself hardly buying any, so most of my collection is in actual 1:12 scale.
I haven't bought Batman yet though, because he doesn't seem to be in scale with the rest of the figures.
>>
expect these to die. Mattel is flooding retail with DCUC again and it will probably go on for 2 more years.
>>
>>5381933
Are there any female figures besides Harley Quinn?
>>
>Black Adam before Shazam
Fuck DC.
There's never going to be a decent quality figure of Shazam, is there?
>>
>>5381995
>>5382210
I cancelled all my pre-orders when the reviews came in about the smaller size. I still want Flash's cosmic treadmill but I'll live.
>>
>>5383927
There, faggots. Subji-kun confirmed for owning toys.
>>
The joints on these get loose quickly. The bicep swivel especially, the peg that sockets in has almost no contact so it is loose as hell.
>>
>>5383966
You mean Captain Marvel?
Not that I wouldn't love a Shazam figure, too.
>>
>>5383962
There's supposed to be an Atomica coming.
>>
>>5383966
>implying Shazam ain't coming.

>>5383954
>Icons caring about Mattel shit toys.

These are collector grade toys. Not mattel shit.
>>
>>5381976
>>5381991
I'm pretty sure they're specific outfits.

The ones in the OP are specifically from Forever Evil.
>>
File: static shock.jpg (76KB, 540x675px) Image search: [Google]
static shock.jpg
76KB, 540x675px
>>5385461
Yep, DC Direct is likely going to produce multiples of popular characters in their different era costumes.
>>
>>5383966
Who cares the old fucking man, just give us Captain Marvel.
>>
>>5385964
His name is Shazam now
>>
>>5385982
fuck you
>>
>>5386064
He had actually became the wizard Shazam prior to flashpoint anyways.
>>
>>5383927
I found that first Captain America at a closeout store not long ago. I really like him. Is he supposed to be bad?
>>
>>5383966
I'm really hoping we see Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman in then next wave.

I'd LOVE to see an Icons Jonah Hex, but I know that's unlikely. But hey, the first wave had Mr. Miracle and Deadman of all characters so anything's possible I guess.
>>
>>5389522
I think they'll probably get the basics out like the Justice League, Shazam, maybe a Booster Gold and then start doing waves where they do iconic costumes + new characters.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the next waves has New 52 Supes.
>>
>>5385906

I love static so much and they went with his retro costume and not the one people my age who love the character would be more familiar with. Goddammit it.
>>
File: 40 year olds main target.jpg (121KB, 639x379px) Image search: [Google]
40 year olds main target.jpg
121KB, 639x379px
>>5390795
>implying it isn't 40 year olds that DC sells their awesome stuff to
fucking me generation, get over yourself.

The cartoon was shit too and doesn't deserve toys.
>>
>>5390795
>>5391039

The Static comic and Static Shock cartoon are only 7 years apart. And they were created by the same guy. It's not like there's a huge generational gap between them.It's like saying something from 2009 is from a totally different generation than today.
>>
File: Generation Y.jpg (387KB, 731x1095px) Image search: [Google]
Generation Y.jpg
387KB, 731x1095px
>>5391060
7 years apart, yet a completely different demographic.
Guess how old comic buyers who are in their 40s right now were in the 90s?

Who watches shittily written kids cartoons? 5-15 year olds.

So the year gap between the cartoon is relatively small, but the age gap between the comic readers and cartoon watchers is huge. It's a generation gap too.
>>
>>5391039
TIL that Paul Pope is an idiot who doesn't even know his own industry.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.