[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BJD/Doll Thread: tumblrfags not welcome edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 70

File: triggered.jpg (59KB, 499x358px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
59KB, 499x358px
Last Thread: >>5361245
FAQs:
/toy/ - tinyurl com ihatedolls
/jp/ - tinyurl com dollfaq
>>
Snow miku this year! Less than six months. Can't wait <3
>>
File: ss (2016-01-04 at 04.05.29).jpg (93KB, 712x384px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-01-04 at 04.05.29).jpg
93KB, 712x384px
Have fun in your empty thread, OP!
>>
File: nya.jpg (90KB, 549x839px) Image search: [Google]
nya.jpg
90KB, 549x839px
>>5379992
Thanks, we will.

BYE!
>>
File: crazy costume.jpg (633KB, 930x2314px) Image search: [Google]
crazy costume.jpg
633KB, 930x2314px
>>
>>5380021
Holy shit that's pretty.
>>
File: 1448747306384.jpg (13KB, 320x371px) Image search: [Google]
1448747306384.jpg
13KB, 320x371px
>>5379992
>>
>tfw you want to make a BJD of your OC but she probably wouldn't turn out well as a doll

I'm dead inside.
>>
Man you had the chance to be the bigger person and let all the mad tumblrinas hate on but your throwing a big fit like a baby.
>>
File: Twins_003.jpg (713KB, 648x972px) Image search: [Google]
Twins_003.jpg
713KB, 648x972px
having a tumblr is actually pretty useful for keeping your shit together. as long as youre following the right people it's not so bad.

it's the "write to this korean company to tell them they're racist for calling white skin "normal" skin" crowd you want to avoid.
>>
>>5380082

Isn't tumblr the only place people actually talk about bjds? I mean DoA is pretty much a marketplace and Facebook is an even worse shit hole than tumblr...
>>
File: erica.jpg (167KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
erica.jpg
167KB, 400x600px
>>5380077
OP here. I'm neither the Ausie nor am I the lolicon.

xXxXx~~**s t a y m a d**~~xXxXx
>>
>>5380098

So why'd you make the thread theme about his butthurt? I'm not even mad, just slightly dissapointed you started off the new thread with tumblr drama.
>>
Forever lurking Mandarake in hopes of getting a Rheia.

>cry a lot
>>
>>5380090
I find /doll/ is the only somewhat competent place to talk about BJDs. tumblr is all people making petty confessions, autists responding to them with "DONT TELL PEOPLE WHAT TO DO WITH ~*~THEIR~*~ DOLLS" or "WHAT IS **WRONG** WITH PEOPLE???" and people with 900 dolls asking for donations to save their cats or children
>>
>>5380127

Yeah that's pretty true, I tend to never go in the tags so my exposure to all that shit is nil. I just follow people I actually like.
>>
File: oil money.jpg (318KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
oil money.jpg
318KB, 1920x1080px
>>5380113
>literally nibbling on the bait thread title
>"stop talking about tumblr!"
>only person in the thread bringing up the OP
>being this bootyblasted
>>
>>5380082
>>5380090

i dont see the point of tumblr whatsoever when flickr is so much better for doll photos. no crybaby text blog posts, no sjw faggotry, no mindless sharing going into infinity, no retarded post threads, just pretty doll pics and nice comments and convos.
>>
>>5380169
>sharing going into infinity
do you mean on facebook?
>>
>>5380169

Flickr runs like literal dogshit on mobile. I'm always slightly astounded at how bad the app is. Also my main interest in this hobby is hearing about/following along with others bjd plans, not just looking at pretty photos.

Really I wish there was a good forum where people actually discussed shit.
>>
>>5380206
but anon, there is. Right here.
>>
File: please stop.jpg (37KB, 340x285px) Image search: [Google]
please stop.jpg
37KB, 340x285px
I joined a certain fb page...fine until the admin figured this was now the place to spam her selfies and shit cosplays.
>>
File: $_12.jpg (23KB, 461x500px) Image search: [Google]
$_12.jpg
23KB, 461x500px
>>5380223
>good
>>
>>5380223

As much as I love these threads I'd never post my own dolls here. Most of the a non in these threads are cool but this is still 4chan and I wouldn't call this a community.
>>
>>5380261
is that one of those dolls with the huge man nipples?
>>
>>5380264
someone's new

willywonka.jpeg
>>
>>5380268

I've been in every one of these threads since the first one was made. I just don't want to post my mediocre dolls here to be torn apart. Plus these threads can devolve into shit posting at the drop of a hat. Remember a few threads back when everyone was fighting over which country had the best dolls? On a forum that kind of shit would be better moderated.
>>
>>5380264
Pffft you're not a bad enough dude to post your doll in the dollthread?

Honestly though, i've posted my dolls here a bunch. I'd rather have real comments than the fluffy stuff you get on DoA. At least here I feel like the compliments are genuine as much as the negative comments are genuine, and that means something to me, because that type of honesty is very hard to encounter when communicating on a text&image board
>>
>>5380291
Japan > Russia > Finland >= Korea >= France > Germany >>> USA
>>
File: tumblr_mx7rhsUeRy1s3jsg5o1_400.jpg (41KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mx7rhsUeRy1s3jsg5o1_400.jpg
41KB, 375x500px
man... i really wanna sculpt a doll, but that's like $500+ worth of supplies and equipment.

I used to sculpt professionally for a statueshit company so I know what I'm doing. I'd try to get people to invest or something but everyone and their grandma is trying their hand at it and no one would notice me
>>
>>5380307
Finland? can you post some pics
>>
>>5380362

>no one would notice me

They would if your style was unique enough. You could probably just sculpt a big hipped doll like every other artist and you'd get monetary support. If that cow kayke can get people to pre order why couldn't you?
>>
File: superthumb.jpg (17KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
superthumb.jpg
17KB, 300x250px
>>5380378
>>
File: 7380215026_ca6636ab97_m.jpg (18KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
7380215026_ca6636ab97_m.jpg
18KB, 240x180px
>>5380378
duplicatereply.png
>>
>>5380381
yeah but i can't really get started without supplies

i'm about to be done with this one long term project i'm chained to so i'll have more free time to try and make something out of sculpey. Ideally I'd like to work in CX5 wax but that's the expensive shit.

also lel Kayke's doll looks dead up like the Asella model she's trying to sell right now
>>
File: ffatdolls.jpg (46KB, 540x361px) Image search: [Google]
ffatdolls.jpg
46KB, 540x361px
i appreciate how everyone is jumping on the fat doll representation train
>>
>>5380192
no i mean people who reblog fucking everything, and those people who dont post any content of their own, just reblog other people's stuff and somehow get likes and shares on things that aren't even theirs.

>>5380206
people post about their doll plans on flickr too, in the comments on their pics, though they tend to be about the dolls themselves, rather than sparklefairy buttfuck DONUT STEAL pages long of backstory with no photos like on tumblr.
>>
File: doublebigpepes.jpg (202KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
doublebigpepes.jpg
202KB, 1024x683px
>>5380265
yes. i have someone i follow on flickr who owns two of them now, the one in the pic you posted and a new black man. both come with such huge massive dicks that he has to have them wear specially baggy pants and shorts.

while i dont care for these dolls at all, the guy at least makes good set pieces for them.
>>
>>5380411
just sculpt heads and use dollshe's casting service like nabarro does, anon. that way all the really hard shit is done for you, you only have to worry about sculpting. dollshe also offers to do the surfacing too, so thats another thing you dont have to worry about.
>>
>>5379992
I feel like there's a major difference between having a tumblr and being a tumblrfag though. I have a tumblr, but probably 85% of the blogs I follow are either photo collections or artist work logs with no personal stuff on them, so I don't even see the drama that infests the site until well after its popped up on here.
>>
>>5380424
Idea's good. Execution could be better but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>5380446
Those are the craft store knockoff American Girl shorts they're wearing... How big are these things?
>>
>>5380481
They don't call him Big Pepe for nothin.
>>
>>5380424
These look way way better than the hideous Beechtree thing though. The person clearly knows how to sculpt instead of getting into sculpting solely to create an ~inclusive fat doll~ like that person did.
>>
File: image.jpg (165KB, 760x1162px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165KB, 760x1162px
>>5380424
this body looks really nice though. it's fat without being lumpy and shapeless and accurate enough so it's not just a doll with a ginormous ass.
>>
>>5380554
what the fuck is that
>>
is there any site that let you bult a BJD like the do with PCs?
>>
>>5380074
I think a lot of us have that problem. I just ended up making another set of OCs that were dolls first, then characters instead of the other way around.

>>5380090
I try not to actually talk to people on tumblr, so my "blog" is more like a Pinterest board at this point.

How do you guys like Souldoll? Is the posing alright? I don't have a DOA account, and I'm not sure if I can see reviews without one. I'm looking at their Kids Yeon-Bee and Yeon-Soo right now since they have a winter event going on, but I've never purchased from this company before.
>>
>>5380493
No I get it, big dick, but I meant that literally, like what scale are they? 1/4?
>>
>>5380622
No.
>>
>>5380446
oh jesus

whats the company website? i cant find it
>>
File: PUKING.jpg (55KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
PUKING.jpg
55KB, 312x312px
>>5380713
http://plasticguy.weebly.com/galleries-18.html

>black dude with huge nips and pubes glued onto his chest
>>
File: proxy-1.jpg (81KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
proxy-1.jpg
81KB, 1024x768px
>>5380623

I love so many of souldoll sculpts on thier website but I never fail to be super dissapointed by in hand photos of them.

Pic related.
>>
>>5380799
Woah. That's like the doll equivalent of seeing your celebrity crush without makeup/Photoshop. Thank you for saving me from an almost guaranteed case of buyer's remorse.
>>
>>5380622
This is a super niche hobby, and even within the hobby itself hybrid dolls are an exception rather than a rule since there is no guarantee that joints will fit or colors will match. Its not like Figma or Revoltech where the joints are fairly standard and can be switched out to create horrifying chimera beasts with 12 tits. Not to mention the amount of indie artists creating their own stuff, and all the wigs/eyes/clothing companies and indies out there. Its just not physically possible.
>>
>>5380799
>>5380871
aww cmon, it's the faceup that's bad, you could make her look nice with something less terrible.
>>
>>5380622
Volks online FCS comes close for people in the US/Canada but they're not open for orders at the moment and I don't know if it's been announced when they'll reopen.
>>
>>5380956
Theres also the Fairyland Ala Carte and Iplehouse Doll Choice, but obviously with all of these you're picking from that company only. I think probably Iplehouse has the most options since EID/SID/YID share some parts.
>>
>>5380291
I've posted my mediocre doll on 4chan and it turned out fine.
>>
>>5380291

Now don't go saying things like that about your dolls. Your fashion sense, posing ability, photographic skills and/or equipment and hair management among other things can all be mediocre, but your doll cannot. You should be proud of it even if you are a lousy hamfist. You yourself may be ridiculed endlessly but even here I don't see much in the way of posters' own dolls getting beaten up. And you're a big guy.
>>
>>5380291
I've posted my hideous doll here and no one said anything mean even though I made the dress myself and it is very much a beginner garment.
>>
>>5380362
$500? That's only this much money if you intend to do the casting yourself though? A lot of "small" companies don't seem to spend this amount of money in base sculpting material.
>>
>>5380362
Eh, just making the prototype isn't too awful. Just some clay, hours and hours of refining for the rest of your life, primer, more refining, more primer, more refinging x infinity and then you can send it out to be cast by a company.

Making the original sculpt isn't the hard part, even getting it to semi-function.

It's the finish work that's the bitch.
>>
>>5380362
If you decided to sculpt 1/6 scale mature male dolls I would seriously consider preordering

[spoiler]But no matter what you make I will notice because I follow you on tumblr and like you[/spoiler]
>>
>>5380424
My mum'd probably love a fat woman doll.
>>
>>5380799
Same here, a lot of the Souldoll molds are super derpy in real.
A good face-up can save them a bit, but they never really look like on Souldoll's pictures.

>>5380622
BJDs are more like, uh, cars.
You have a bunch of companies, from big to obscure, but you can only buy your preferred model with certain specs from a dealer.
No big store where you can say "I want company X legs and company Y arms".
Even the options give by companies who allow some choices are actually pretty small (like Type A or Type B arms, small or large bust etc., nothing super complicated).
>>
>>5380378
Sarqq, Sherimi and Yenna (pic related) on DevArt for example.
Hartsilapset (spelling?) is the main finnish BJD board.
I'm also on bjdclub.ru, the main russian forum, and they do indeed also have a lot of bullshit there.
However, if I look at the board of my country I don't even have three people who are close to their good ones.
My community is sadly definitely very mediocre.

>>5380301
I would love to post mine too, but I know my customers would probably get a stroke if they see me posting here. And I'm actually pretty chill here and mostly answer questions, but for some 4chan is like that shadowy place you shouldn't go, even the SFW boards.
>>
>>5381280
....I should also add a picture
>>
>>5381283
that armour is very dangerous for the wearer.

that doll's going to die in combat.
>>
>>5381287
It's also dangerous for the doll, she (and others) complained about how shitty it is to pose with and of course the blushing rubs off instantly.

Sadly that's the case for most of the fancy looking stuff in doll pictures, like hooved dolls. Fuck getting pants for them, blushing rubs off all the time and posing sucks...but it looks sooo cool when done nicely.
>>
>>5381303
with hooves I would seriously consider finding dedicated shorts/short pants for them and then taking them apart and stringing with the pants.
>>
>>5381322
Centaur dolls don't need clothes anyways.
>>
>>5381193
>>5381199
I say that because the material I worked with at my job is CX5 wax, which is completely rigid when cooled, easy to finish and easy to mold, but if I wanted to work in wax I'd have to buy a dental waxer which costs about $300 and a bunch of other relatively inexpensive things that will add up. (probably to a lot more than $500, now that i think about it..)

specifically, the wax itself, an alcohol torch, denatured alcohol, one of those little coffee pot heater things, steel wool, sand paper, vaseline, and a bunch of expensive moldmaking materials. I'm only familiar with the industrial brand, but I've seen people make molds out of smooth-on sample boxes, so I should be fine there.

not completely impossible for me to do out of pocket in the future, but I can't really blow that much money right now.

my birthday is coming up, i might drop some hints for that waxer.
>>5381231
wtf anon, i didn't know anyone noticed my modest doll blog ;_;
>>
File: 1446945936540.jpg (165KB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446945936540.jpg
165KB, 405x720px
About to get my first BJD, how much should I expect to be paying to ship a choo doll to the US?
>>
File: 1261442391848.png (341KB, 471x361px) Image search: [Google]
1261442391848.png
341KB, 471x361px
>>5381343
>danny choo doll
>>
>>5381343
maybe like 20-30 bucks
>>
>>5381322
I have a hooved doll and did exactly that, it still looks goofy as fuck though, especially when you take pictures of them in the snow.
Roommate has the same, doll wears full uniform and then short pants, looks ridiculous.

Unfortunately had four seamstresses leave me hanging on my quest to find long pants/leather covers after all of them agreed to give it a try, let me wait for months and then come up with a reason why they can't do it (everything from too hard, harder than expected to no time, maybe later again).
>>
>>5381349
I like his dolls better than DD.

He may be a cringy weaboo, I still like his stuff.
>>
>>5381280
Oh yeah, if you're a well-known faceup artist I totally understand not posting your dolls. Thanks for hanging out and offering help anyway.
>>
>>5381449
>cringey weaboo sells dolls to cringey weaboos

makes sense
>>
>>5381449
what do you like more about smart dolls?
>>
>>5380736
while his sculpts are scary, his repainting is amazing.
>>
>>5381280
im a faceup artist who posts shit on here all the time now, i no longer give much of a fuck because i dont really do faceups anymore. i feel like i have all the dolls i really want, and so theres no point in doing faceups to earn money to buy more dolls anymore.
>>
>>5381488
You reached dolly nirvana.... I want to be there one day, but my grail happens to be a Nobledolls Raspberry in tan with a large bust with a faceup by Darjeeling, so wish me luck.
>>
>>5381482
Easier to buy.
And I find their face less derpy on average. That say there are cute DD, but you also have those scary alien things.
Choo is also more willing to try new thing.
>>
>>5381538
>I find their face less derpy on average.

I think that's a pretty weak reason to prefer Smart Dolls; all of the current smart doll girls have the same head sculpt, and it pretty much just looks like a somewhat flatter DDH-06.

Looks like they're actually bothering to make a new, pretty cute head for Chitose, though. I might be convinced to buy one if it comes in tan.
>>
>>5381488
I'm just not a fan of unneccessary drama.
I know that I'm not doing anything bad here, and that my core customers probably would not care, but I already have enough people telling the weirdest stories about me.

Really don't need to add "omg did you hear she posts on 4chan, she probably is a freak who eats puppies for breakfast" on top of "I hear she's a hacker and SPIES ON ALL OF US" (not joking here).

>>5381538
>And I find their face less derpy on average

Wait, I'm pretty sure people complain a lot about how the faces look horrible from any angle but straight from the front?

Also other anon is correct, saying they are less derpy when you don't even have 5 different faces (and the guy DOES look derpy as fuck) while Volks has several dozens from different years is a bit unfair.
I think you were pretty honest when you said "easy to get", because that's the biggest reason starters buy them.
They want some cute animu waifu straight to their door that already comes fully painted and dressed, nothing else.
He knows how to get money from his fans.
>>
>>5381538

volks are easy to buy. there are 7 standard models available right now, which cover 6 different faces, including the DDH06 which looks the same as all these sameface choo dolls.

they are also cheaper and feel like much higher quality materials.

choo dolls are just hype and marketing, unless you're really hard for tan skin.
>>
>>5381538
>Easier to buy.
>meaning its cheaper
>>
>>5381610
>unless you're really hard for tan skin
honestly, that was probably his smartest move (well, and offering a male version).
>>
>>5381611

there are literally 7 in stock dolls. right now. on volks.co.jp just the same as choo's doll. you just put it in your cart and check out. and volks on average is about 15,000 yen cheaper.

is this like an outfit thing? because volks come in underwear vs. an outfit? are you so retarded you can't click to another tab, find an outfit you like, and add that to your cart and still save money?
>>
>>5381618
It's about the character, not the outfit.

Choo's clientele consists of people who are not doll people. They usually collect figurines/action figure of characters they like.

To them, smart dolls (and DDs) just have the added bonus of being articulated, with removable clothes, and customizable with an ona hole if the need ever arises.

They see smart dolls as big action figures. They also see DDs the same way, but the character DDs are usually only available during lotteries, or waiting for one to pop up cheap on mandarake, or else pay high prices for them on the secondhand market, hence, the comment about smart dolls are easier to get.
>>
>>5381653
Wait, so how popular are Choo and his waifu characters? Is he popular in Japan, too?
>>
mirai counts as a character? volks standards have just as much, if not more, character than choo's shit.

>Miko is a serious girl who is also a little shy and quiet.
>All of her friends admire her great style, but it seems that she's a little self-conscious about herself, so please don't say much to her about it.

it is 100% marketing.
>>
>>5381658
>Is he popular in Japan
popular enough to get that orange monstrosity of his be made into a figma.

That, or his daddy has Yakuza/Triad connections
>>
>>5381610
Good luck getting a non-limited DD out of Volks if you're not Japanese or American.
>>
whats you're guys' opinion on custom bjd clothes? do you buy bjd clothes on etsy at all? do you commission custom clothes for your doll?
>>
>>5381663
>volks standards have just as much, if not more, character than choo's shit.
so how many cosplayers have cosplayed Volks standard dolls?
>>
>>5381669
hes not talking about popularity, hes talking about character. just cause choos big booby character caught on some people doesnt mean it has more character than volks dolls. its like super sonico tbqh.
>>
>>5381666
What do you mean? Volks' main web store ships everywhere.
>>
>>5381666
are you retarded tho bc i have plenty of friends in europe who just order from the international site it is literally no harder than choo spoon feeding you

>>5381670
yes exactly, seriously, if you like smart dolls whatever but the only reason he's so popular is marketing. put your danny sue up on a billboard in akiba and of course it will become popular but as a doll smartdoll has no more merit, nor is mirai more of a character than any of the volks dolls, standards included.

i just hate that people act like choo is the only option, best dolls ever. volks has been doing this shit for way longer and produces a higher quality feel imo. yet I have non-doll fags who think choo has invented this shit and is the best thing ever and choo fags are always so vocal w/e buy the dolls you want but don't pretend danny choo is the dolly god, he's just great at marketing
>>
>>5381677
>nor is mirai more of a character than any of the volks dolls, standards included

Choo literally created a character and like it or not, he did it well enough that lots of people began to like her.

As opposed to Volks, who just written a sentence about their underwear-clad dolls and that was it.

With your mindset, Miku isn't a real character, and Volks standards has just as much character as Miku

>i just hate that people act like choo is the only option

You're the only one sperging out here just because someone said they like Choo's dolls rather than DDs. Personal preference and all that shit.

>w/e buy the dolls you want but don't pretend danny choo is the dolly god

Jesus Christ, buttblasted for no damn reason.
>>
>>5381687

incorrect, i am stating that it is no easier to buy a danny choo standard issue doll than a volks doll. tired of people acting like danny choo has it down. you saw it advertised and you wanted it, just say that. i have no problem with, 'i prefer danny choo's dolls to volks' but pretending there is an advantage to choo's dolls is just not correct.

>>5381538
>>
>>5381687
>With your mindset, Miku isn't a real character, and Volks standards has just as much character as Miku

I know what you're trying to say, but you chose a really piss-poor example. Vocaloids don't actually have any personalities; their character is entirely up to the fans.
>>
>>5381691
>but pretending there is an advantage to choo's dolls is just not correct.
What part of personal preference don't you understand?

Maybe he doesn't like any of the Volks standards, and the Volks DDs he does like, are either all sold out, or only lottery items?

He just happened to like Smart dolls and to him, it's easier to get right now.

> tired of people acting like danny choo has it down
literally no one has said this. stop projecting.

> i have no problem with, 'i prefer danny choo's dolls to volks'

Apparently it triggered your autism enough for you to have a problem with.

The other anon started this conversation just asking how much he should expect to pay to ship a smart doll to the US, then you niggers started to Chris-Chan out.
>>
>>5381677
>produces a higher quality feel imo
I don't have any choo dolls and have 8 DDs, but I have to say, I have yet to hear one story about a broken smart doll, yet I have DD3s and MDDs arrive broken directly from Volks. And it took forever for them to respond when I inquired about getting replacement parts for their defective products.

So your, higher quality "feel" is simply that. Feelings.
>>
>>5381708
please calm down, anon. they never said they thought people are doing any of the things they complained about here. they were talking about people in other places, who definitely do exist.

seriously you're embarassing yourself with all of these personal attacks and hypocrisy.
>>
>>5381667
I have a 50:50 mix of bought and commissioned stuff.
If I could I would mostly get custom clothes for mine, and in some cases I don't have much choice (I tend to go for styles that are hard to get in certain sizes...or hard to get at all), but the amount of good seamstresses is low.
Many also don't sew for sizes they don't own and I don't want to send bodies around the globe for an outfit.
Still, my favourite pieces are my custom ones.

I don't buy clothes from etsy though, it's either beginner bullshit or stuff from Taobao for double or triple the original prize.
>>
>>5381723
Sadly Volks' customer service is absolute shit
>>
>If you own a doll that is marketed towards non doll owners, you're not a real doll collector
>>
I like the look of Chitose, Choo's new doll, but there are 2 things that prevent me from really wanting a smart doll:

1) The bust sizes are too large. DD-M bust is about as large as I want to deal with (looks and clothes-shopping wise). Choo's smallest size is about the size of Volks L bust which is ridiculous.

2) Them skinny AF arms. Can't unsee in any picture of them.
>>
>>5381769
i think chitose is supposed to have a new, smaller bust. we haven't seen it yet, though.
>>
File: eMKa1412429839.jpg (91KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
eMKa1412429839.jpg
91KB, 600x600px
Reminder: Smart Dolls have the cutest anime aesthetic on the market. They're the easiest to buy for your convenience and bring new people to the hobby. Volks has a lot of old ugly sculpts and elitist fans as well as a shitty website and no customer service. If you don't own a smart doll you are literally destroying the hobby.
>>
>>5381780
im not triggered.

there's just something in my eye, is all.
>>
>>5381767
This desu senpai
>>
>>5379917
ITT: OP achieves clairvoyance
>>
>>5381780
>They're the easiest to buy for your convenience and bring new people to the hobby

But they actually don't?
Most people who buy them will probably never buy a different doll, customize it or be actually active in the community.
Like someone already said, to most buyers they are like action figures.

>>5381767
This.
I'm also not a chef because I cook daily.
>>
>>5380623
I absolutely love the NL body aesthetics, but I ditch the head on every doll and replace it with another. Lots of resin matches souldoll so it's not so hard.
>>
>>5381729
>talking about other people in other places in different conversation
>decides to sperg out here
>to someone just asking about shipping cost
>calmdown.jpeg

Lel
>>
>>5381729
>personal attacks
>anonymous message board

Found a tumblrina
>>
>>5381488
Haha...I'm in exactly the same situation. I only do faceups now if there's something I want in trade and don't feel like paying money for it.
>>
File: 235068.jpg (81KB, 600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
235068.jpg
81KB, 600x1066px
>>5381769
I actually kinda want this. White haired characters are a weakness.
>>
File: tumblr_njjf5vkpTJ1th7cduo1_500.jpg (62KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njjf5vkpTJ1th7cduo1_500.jpg
62KB, 427x640px
>>5380082
Yeah, I agree with this. Follow pretty doll blogs. Post pretty doll pics. Eyeroll and scroll down the retarded ~equality for all~ people posts.

I like the confession blogs because they're good for keeping in the know. I think I've only submitted once, and it was a general pet peeve confession.

>>5380411
Has Kayke even shown any recent updates to her niggerfetishization doll? She keeps showing off dolls she's bought. I haven't been on tumblr much lately, desu.

>>5380446
Aw shit. Didn't realize they had a negro version.

>>5381780
dat bait
>>
>>5381917
I like the design but I already have a choo doll and I don't want another. I'm actually kind of tempted to get a dd06 and commission a similar faceup. Would that be weird ?
>>
>>5381922
I love that picture. Goddamn I want a Mariko.
>>
>>5381942
Wasn't Choo's original Mirai a DD anyway? Before he made his own?
Honestly, DD-06 is adorable as fuck. So glad they made Miko a standard, even though I'm not crazy about the DDy body. Easy enough to body swap.
>>
>>5381922
Kayke did show some recent updates, but it still looks crazy unfinished and unrefined. The torso and hip joints have been a mess of anatomy from the start and they're not getting any better with any of her 'adjustments'.
>>
>>5381520
haha, i guess so. the only things i really want now are good outfits for my dolls. i usually just buy them one outfit each and they're stuck with them for years. a few of my dolls (odd sized ones) don't even have shoes. that will all get rectified soon though.

the only dolls i want now are a girl realpuki to go with my boy, but only if they release a mold i like. and my dream doll, if its ever made, would be a feeple60 dreaming vampire elf mirwen boy. i really hate that fairyland no longer makes alternate versions of their default sculpts like they used to. it used to be that almost every limited event head sculpt was a dreaming vampire elf of some kind, now they stopped completely, except for that new doll they did. the last vampire version of a standard sculpt they did was the vampire chloe, i think, and that was years ago. sigh.
>>
I never really see much posting about it so, whats everyones favourite small dolls? Best mini-counterpart to a large doll? Best small doll clothing?
>>
File: 13458471263_4b6cfc50ff_b.jpg (151KB, 485x725px) Image search: [Google]
13458471263_4b6cfc50ff_b.jpg
151KB, 485x725px
>>5382166
Picco Neemos, anon. They may not have insertible eyes, but they are so fucking tiny and amazing. The level of details on their clothing is insane for something 1/12 scale.
>>
File: 8105719003_1aa58f1e1c.jpg (95KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
8105719003_1aa58f1e1c.jpg
95KB, 354x500px
>>5382177
Also, if you don't like those heads, they're easy to hybrid with Nendo heads or many other smaller dolls. I'm seriously considering hybriding my Groove Pangju like this, since their default body is stubby and horrible.
>>
>>5382188
>>5382177
I think they're very cute! Where is the best place to get them?
>>
>>5380736
I'd like to see what the sculptor looks like
>>
>>5382197
I usually get mine off Mandarake. Often the clothing and the like haven't even been opened or played with. Amiami has them, but go out of stock quickly and don't have a huge variety. Junkyspot or even amazon is okay if you want just base bodies.

Pure Neemos are the 1/6 (Barbie) scaled versions.

I'm suffering from poor google-fu today, so I'm having difficulty finding a pic of a bjd holding one.
>>
File: IMG_5637.jpg (89KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5637.jpg
89KB, 533x800px
>>5382216
>>
>>5381922
Omg which company/ doll is this? It's the first time I see it, but I love it!
>>
>>5382224
So cute!! I’ll be looking around for them now... I love cute dolls.
>>
>>5381780
Jesus the hands look like flippers.
Is that just the picture? Between those and the anorexia noodle arms it looks like he made the arms too short in his 3d modeling software and literally just stretched them. Add claws and those would be perfect for a werewolf doll
>>
>>5381280
Oh, I didnt know sarqq was from Finland. I never used DA for dolls so~
>>
>>5381961
Yeah she was a DD Saber. No sign at all of his Volks dolls anymore on his blog, I hope they found a good home and weren't just burned in a ritual sacrifice to fuel his current success.
>>
File: mariko.jpg (101KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
mariko.jpg
101KB, 750x400px
>>5382226
Volks Dollfie Dream Mariko
She's not a standard, but she gets rereleased periodically.
You could find her on Yahoo!Japan Auctions or sometimes Mandarake

>>5382242
Haha. It doesn't surprise me. Ironic how Mirai looks like a DD-06 though.
>>
>>5382242
>No sign at all of his Volks dolls anymore on his blog

http://www.dannychoo.com/en/post/26936/Volks.html
It's like you're not even trying.
>>
File: haha sweet irony.png (7KB, 520x190px) Image search: [Google]
haha sweet irony.png
7KB, 520x190px
top fucking kek.
as if bjd couldn't stand for more than ball jointed doll
c'mon.
>>
>>5382270
>>5382242
Any time he posts pictures of his work space or home office his DDs are there. He has a number of Sabers, if I recall.

Unless he removed all those posts where he was showing pictures of his DD's hanging out around his desk. I doubt it though - I can't see Choo doing that. There's one thing that's certain - that man fucking loves his dolls and I do respect that. They always look neat and polished, with nice outfits and well-brushed hair.
>>
>>5382246
Thank you! She's precious, she has become #1 in my wishlist!
>I have found one, but she's 1500$
Why even live ;-;
>>
>>5382296

I paid right around $950 shipped for mine.
>>
I work in the shoe department at my job, and everytime I walk past the gorgeous Jimmy Choo shoes display, I just think "How the actual fuck did Danny Choo come from Jimmy Choo?" And why the fuck isn't there a Jimmy Choo x Smart Doll collaboration line?
>>
>>5382629
P sure Jimmy helped with the shoe creation/shoe design.

Though I also wonder how Danny Choo came to be.
>>
Does anybody know of a place I could get some 14mm eyes with large irises? Or barring that a place that does custome eyes? I'm tired of my doll looking shocked all the time and the eye sockets are made to take only 14mm eyes exactly.
>>
>>5382702
If you want more options, you can pick up a 16mm beveling tool and just make new eyewells instead.
>>
>>5382791

I thought about that but how well would that work on abs plastic?
>>
>>5382629
God I wish I was a girl.
>>
>>5382839
Ah, probably not great
>>
File: coffee_cup.jpg (149KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
coffee_cup.jpg
149KB, 682x1024px
>>5382874
Just live vicariously through your dolls, anon!

and think of all the money you can spend on your dolls instead of yourself.

My clothing money now has to be split 3 ways.
>>
>>5382188
I consider my pangju more of a baby b/c it doesn't really stand or anything.
>>
>>5383163
As someone who already lives vicariously through my dolls, I'm not sure if it's good or bad I just know we have fun together. Although she is a bit of a gold digger.
>>
>>5383453
I relate to all of these feelings.
>more shoes for dolls than me
>learning to sew for the doll and not for myself
>posing doll with my pets for photos instead of me
>more photos of doll on phone than self
>>
>>5381723
You might be talking about different things. Volks has higher quality vinyl, but Choo has higher quality internal frame, imo.

Unless it's outer parts that broke for you
>>
>>5383268
That body has a pukipuki-sized Customhouse Petite Ai potato gut. It's cute in its own way, but it is a potato body. Would work perfectly as a baby, now that you mention it.

>>5383544
Me too, anon.
>tfw stereotypical bull dyke body
>love jfashion, but would look hilariously bad
>dolls get all the jfashion
It's bittersweet.
Most of my pictures consist of cats > dolls > clouds > selfies
>>
what ever happened to that Trinity faceup girl?...
>>
>>5381751
why is that?
>>
>>5383687
are you me?

jfashion just looks so perfect on their little bodies. I'm a sucker for mori kei and similar things with loose-hanging fabrics and layers and I love it.
>>
>>5383687
>>5383702
I used to be the opposite, used my body as a replacement for a doll since it's petite and girly and figured it would look good. Didn't work out at all, now I'm butch with a girly doll.
>>
File: ringdoll mona.jpg (83KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ringdoll mona.jpg
83KB, 683x1024px
>tfw my Tuesday Morning is closing and relocating and won't reopen until summer

Goddamn, everyone's hitting goldmines finding Sashas and other cuties.
>>
File: Tieria_3_003.png (1MB, 1013x675px) Image search: [Google]
Tieria_3_003.png
1MB, 1013x675px
yo faceup people

what's the best method of cleaning dolls? I have a head I want to try working on but it's got sealant crusted in his ears from all my failed attempts..
>>
File: DSCF7713.jpg (401KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF7713.jpg
401KB, 750x1000px
>>5382216
In scale, they would be a 1/4 to a 60cm doll.
>>
>>5383733
I was always destined for the butch life. I've known it since I was young. Girly things were never meant for me. Doll to the rescue.

Fortunately this means I am only compelled to have one and I don't intend to go over that.
>>
>>5383745
Idk if my Tuesday just sucks or what, they've only once had an Ai and that's it. I even asked a few different workers and they've all said they've only gotten the one shipment of "japanese dolls" in all year.
>>
File: 2016010614411849.jpg (173KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
2016010614411849.jpg
173KB, 1200x900px
>>5383780
This might seem unconventional but I've always preferred using Mr. Colour Replenisher over Mr. Colour Thinner (after I was once told by the folks at the store they were the same thing). And then I use a small hog bristle brush to get into the harder to reach spots.
>>
>>5383687
feels that way. I feel that I look too much like a potato for cute clothes so dolls are a fashion proxy to me.
>>
>>5383836
You gotta go to the ones in bumfuck, nowhere. I forgot where in Oklahoma this was, but basically I was driving through the state, needed to use the restroom, saw a Tuesday Morning, thought why the fuck not, and I left with 2 Dals, a J-Doll, a Sasha, and a couple gold label Barbies. They had a LOT of Ai dolls there, but I'm not a fan of them.
>>
File: Twins_004.jpg (662KB, 648x972px) Image search: [Google]
Twins_004.jpg
662KB, 648x972px
for fuck's sake, somehow most of my MSD clothes disappeared and I can't find them anywhere. I remember re-organizing all my clothes in the summer and putting my MSD clothes in a drawer, but they're not there anymore. I didn't purposefully take them or my dolls out of the house, and I live in a tiny studio apartment. I've turned this place fucking upside-down, what the fuck
>>
>>5383780
For residues in hard to reach places I always use a medium to soft toothbrush and Mr. Thinner. Just gently scrub everything out, works both for lips and ears (and nostrils).
>>
>>5384165
Your dolls probably sold them for drug money when you were at work.
>>
>>5384165
Imagine a burglar that would have left your TV and PC alone to only steal dolls clothes...

You can't even blame it on someone else malevolence.

Unless you have a suspicious dollfag friend who gets to spend time alone in your flat.
>>
File: doll in a box.jpg (110KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
doll in a box.jpg
110KB, 480x640px
>>5383544
>more photos of doll on phone than self

Dubs of truth.
>>
File: 20365546031_7a21c6775b.jpg (111KB, 355x500px) Image search: [Google]
20365546031_7a21c6775b.jpg
111KB, 355x500px
>>5383702
>mori-kei

This is my favorite recent Pullip release. It's so hard to justify buying a pullip since getting larger dolls. A full 1/3 outfit costs as much as a Pullip.
>>
File: 1451534888045.jpg (19KB, 286x256px) Image search: [Google]
1451534888045.jpg
19KB, 286x256px
>>5383813
oh so your the one that bought that off mandy.
>>
>>5383780
i use windsor newton brush cleaner
>>
>>5384321
Volks is coming out with another line of D'Coord dolls. I don't think it's possible to get them outside of Japan. Hopefully some will pop up on Mandy eventually.
>>
Ipple has some very nice costums.

Meanwhile Luts is mostly bleh normalfag stuff.

What other brand have nice costumes ?
>>
File: Sio2Meme.jpg (29KB, 440x368px) Image search: [Google]
Sio2Meme.jpg
29KB, 440x368px
Have you guys seen these little cuties yet? The doll's called Meme. I saw a news post from SIO2 dolls the other day on DoA about them, but it seems to have mysteriously disappeared. SIO2 made that larva/worm doll from a little while ago. They had posted a Taobao store and Weibo link, too, but I don't know when these will be available. Ahh but they're so cute! I may have to buy more than one.
>>
File: 916967a403f8a3a7fe7c05823be0f8ab.jpg (166KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
916967a403f8a3a7fe7c05823be0f8ab.jpg
166KB, 1920x1080px
>>5384423
Dollheart has some elaborate outfits. Volks has plenty of lolita and gothic lolita stuff.

In other news: Chitose planned for release on March 14th. She will have a small bust. Seriously tempting, she a cute.
>>
this family is being torn apart by danny choo, that bastard
>>
>>5384521
any more pics? They're adorable
>>
>>5382270
That's almost 2 years before he launched his line anon.
I know he hasn't deleted old posts, I meant I don't see them around since he launched smart doll. I'm not gonna go play where's Waldo on everything he had posted in the last two years though so if the other anon says they're still on display that's cool, my mistake.
>>
File: 1409775017032.jpg (723KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1409775017032.jpg
723KB, 1280x1707px
>>5384521
>>
>>5384521
Is it at least ironic or just regular 9gag stuff?

I like the holes in the hip joints, they look like bones.
Looks cute but I'd have to see it painted and stuff.

>>5384595
I hope he releases her in dark skin
>>
>>5384521
they were probably labeled off topic and the post was deleted, they did the same thing to their worm baby, because it didnt have the required number of joints or some shit.
>>
File: tumblr_nvk63j4eSG1tmnxg0o1_540.jpg (88KB, 540x755px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvk63j4eSG1tmnxg0o1_540.jpg
88KB, 540x755px
>>5384907
I'm getting somewhat tired of DoA's double standards when it comes to joint requirements. Glad they finally allowed that Angell Studio body on topic because that was just dumb. Soom and Volks and other companies had nonjointed high heel legs, but they were allowed.

After seeing owner pics of the grub babby (that I seriously want), it's not horribly done jointed-wise.
>>
>>5384914
i agree, though i think this time they used the excuse that the worm baby did not come with a human leg option therefore its "off topic". where have you seen owner pics? i'd love to see them.
>>
File: tumblr_o057cwHA6r1rvfyy8o5_1280.jpg (302KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o057cwHA6r1rvfyy8o5_1280.jpg
302KB, 1280x1280px
>>5384941
damasquerade has one, but it was only one picture that I could tell.

I seriously cannot remember the other person I saw with one who had more pics.
>>
>>5384966
that face would actually be super cute if it was human without the extra eyes. sio2 seems to be more of an artist doll maker so i doubt they'd ever do a regular basic release of their dolls. a shame.
>>
>>5384798
I'm still wondering whether he and volks were actually planning on doing a collaboration, or he was just blowing smoke up people's asses.
>>
>>5384595
>Chitose
I'm gonna be all over this shit. God damn I need her.
>>
Level with me /toy/, am I being a curmudgeony asshole for getting pissed off at the way tumblr doll owners feel so oppressed by ~unsolicited critique~?

I don't wanna pull the 'I went to art school' card... but if the fact that I think it's perfectly fine and to get critique on your work any time is because I went to a fucking art school where that sorta shit was to be expected?
>>
>>5385414
No, you're being pretty reasonable. In the real world, unsolicited critique is just critique and it is part of creating anything that you share with others.

The only angle from which I can agree with tumblr is that it's still really important for people who give critique to make it constructive and polite. You're still a dick if you tell someone their shit sucks even if it does suck.
>>
>>5385414

>>5385438
This. One of my friends does sculpting and has gotten unsolicited critique a couple of times. However, instead of being a baby about the shit he hopes to sell, he took it gracefully and was honestly thankful for it, because damn our eyes stop seeing mistakes in our own work after awhile.

Like always try to be nice about critting someone's work (find at least one thing you like or they're doing well on) but in general, it's absurd to expect to post your shit to the internet, want money for it, and then not get concrit that you probably fucking need.
>>
File: Untitled2.png (33KB, 502x699px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
33KB, 502x699px
>>5385414
>>5385438
>>5385458

Whiny tumblr pissbabies sounds about right.

These people think any unsolicited crit is the rudest goddamn thing in the planet and would prefer someone straight up insulted them, it seems???
>>
hey guys i found the body that i want and it says it comes with 3 kinds of head joint but no picture of them, so can i assume they will fit any type of head?
>>
>>5385499
I can agree with the person who points out that people giving unsolicited advice really need to know what the fuck they are doing, especially in the anecdote of the spraybrush.
>>
>>5385499
No one said you had to listen to every piece of concrit given to you.

That whole post is embarrassing.
>>
>>5385514
Yeah, I can get that.

But I also think it would be more reasonable to just point out what's wrong with their critique rather than use it as a reason to justify this blanket ban all uninvited critique.
>>
>>5385509
>3 kinds of head joint

what
>>
>>5385533
Oh, most definitely. Bad critique should be corrected.
>>
File: 27l_main.jpg (23KB, 388x460px) Image search: [Google]
27l_main.jpg
23KB, 388x460px
>>5385549
im so new bro
"neck joint parts: 3 kinds of neck joint parts"
i know its not quite a bjd but it is 100% pose-able
>>
>>5385574
JSYK seamless bodies attract dust and have fragile frames and will probably eventually rip
>>
>>5385612
oh rely? hmm what 1/6 scale body should i go for?
i just rely liked how well the seamless body looks
>>
>>5385615
If you're into that anime aesthetic check out pure neemo

You're buying a body so I assume you have a head you want to put on it though? What kind?
>>
>>5385632
ok no i thought it went body then head?
is there any good site to find a 1/6 scale head?
i think i want the 1/6 scale cos i like the whole action figure feel to them
>>
>>5385650
it really depends on why you want the doll and what you hope to get out of it.
>>
>>5385650
What do you have in mind?
>>
File: pureneemo_size.jpg (1MB, 3508x2480px) Image search: [Google]
pureneemo_size.jpg
1MB, 3508x2480px
>>5385499
Wow. This looks like a goddamn piece of satire at first glance. I'm tempted to post it on /ic/ for the reactions. The artist in me weeps, but the businessman in me is ecstatic since my "competition" is actually a bumbling bunch of idiots who can't even take helpful advice with grace.

>>5385615
>>5385632
Seconding Pure Neemo (pic related). They also have multiple neck joints, so you'll be able to find one that fits in the head you want.
>>
>>5385653
want it to be pose-able so it can chill around the house and so i can dress it up and put it in cute poses
>>5385654
honestly (no bulli) iv degenerated enough to get a wifu and one that most people would say isnt a very good one and i would like to recreate her so im not so lonely all day cos i have no friend or life atm
>>5385661
thanks iv been looking at them and they look pretty decent, now comes the hard part of finfing a head and some one to paint it for me
i already have the hair picked out (250 bucks) and it comes with its own suction cup, is that good?
>>
>>5385673
>suction cup
Link?
>>
>>5385661
>I'm tempted to post it on /ic/ for the reactions.
do it
>>
>>5385679
>suction cup
>The wig has an elastic cap of white color with an elastic band, that you don't need a silicone cap.
man i needa lay of drinking
>>
>>5385683
Either way, can we get a link? We can't tell you if it's good based off of cost alone.
>>
File: 1451889661488.jpg (61KB, 570x858px) Image search: [Google]
1451889661488.jpg
61KB, 570x858px
>>5385696
yeah sorry IMO it looks like rely good quality so thats why id be happy with the price
i cant send the link on 4chan but heres a pic
>>
>>5385728
AmadizStudio's Elsa wig is not going to fit any 1/6 scale head.
>>
So, my doll's face cover shifted in box and crushed both her eyelashes. Can they be salvaged or do I need to replace them now?
>>
>>5385728
this wig only comes in three sizes, anon, and 1/6 is not one of them. 1/6 dolls tend to take wigs with a 5/6 inch circumference or smaller, and the heads that would fit on the body you posted would definitely be in the smaller category. unless you talk to the wig maker and they say they are capable of making a much smaller version of that wig, you're shit out of luck. and i don't recommend commissioning a wig before you buy the head its meant to go on.
>>
>>5385753
yeh im not buying anything untill i know its 100% compatible and its what i want.
ok thanks, so what size doll do you guys recommend i get for my Elsa build? is there any heads that pop into your mind that might look good?
>>5385728
also anyone know what head this is? its not 100% what i want but if i cant find anything better it will do
>>
>>5385761
i believe the doll in this picture is from iplehouse, she might be the "bianca" mold but i am not entirely sure. if she is, then she would be categorized as an "SD" sized doll, 1/3 size, so around 60cm tall. Huge compared to a 1/6 doll. iplehouse does not sell their heads by themselves normally, i think maybe once a year for a special event they sell a few of the sculpts as just heads, but not all their sculpts, and they might not do it every year.

its hard to make recommendations for dolls to newbies in the hobby because there are literally hundreds of different dolls by hundreds of different companies, located in different countries, all in different sizes and materials. so you'll have to narrow things down a little.

just start with the basics. how tall do you want the doll to be? do you want it to look more realistic? once you decide on those two at the very least, we might be able to give you options.
>>
>>5385728
You should be able to link? Unless you're from some country where they banned links.

If you are, try putting brackets around the periods in your URL.

Seriously, links help a LOT.
>>
>>5385414
most of these people arent seasoned in art at all so a scholarly critique would go right over their heads as 'violence' and oppression.
Or you could be someone who's just itching to call someones work ugly. thats not nice.
>>
>>5385777
for the siz id like it small like would a 45cm bjd fit >>5385728
and for style its as close to the movie but when i see this pic i want a semi real one
id be real happy if i could make a coppy of this doll
>>
File: dollsizes.jpg (80KB, 736x524px) Image search: [Google]
dollsizes.jpg
80KB, 736x524px
>>5385761

>>5385777
back with a pic that will hopefully be a little helpful in visualizing the differences between the sizes of dolls. the dolls in the pic are kind of ugly, but the pic includes the names and scales for each one, so you can get a better idea what we mean when we say "SD" or "MSD" or "1/3" "1/6" etc as well as the heights in CM and inches.
>>
File: elsadoll.jpg (18KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
elsadoll.jpg
18KB, 320x320px
>>5385800
it looks like this particular doll is mostly photoshop

but looking at the body in the unedited pic, it looks like a fairyland doll, i'm not sure what mold or size though, but the elbows joints scream fairyland to me.

..she might be a feeple65 sionna?
>>
>>5385789
Stop confusing critique for insults, anon. Don't stoop down to tumblr's level.
>>
>>5385830
back again, just found the original posters flickr, the head is indeed a sionna from fairyland. it is a feeple60 sized doll, so SD sized, quite a bit bigger than an MSD. if you really like the look of her, i am sure you can find someone to do the face painting like in that edited pic/based off elsa. she'd likely take a size 8/9 wig, which is a size amadiz offers. you could also find someone to commission the dress in that size and probably get better results quality wise than you would for a smaller doll, since its always easier and material is more forgiving the larger the size (some people just suck at sewing in smaller scales.)
>>
>>5385830
yeah i saw that to but i had the same idea to go commission some one else to paint it like the photo.
so before i go a look for a sionna head by fairyland, is there alot of accessories and clothes for the sd size doll?
and would it be hard to find a commission for the face paint ect?
and how does it work do i buy the doll first then send it off to them?
also thanks for the help so far guys, this has to be one of the more helpful places on 4chan and im impressed on how on topic everything is
>>
>>5385889
fairyland doesnt sell the heads by themselves, their bodies are very poseable, and it isnt likely you'll find a better body for the head.

SD girl size is probably the easiest to find clothes for, and fairyland is a very popular brand so chances are if you commission someone, they might actually have a fairyland doll themselves so they'll get the size and fit right. as for the face painting, what you want isn't complicated, so i think a lot of faceup artists could manage it.

usually how it works is, you buy the doll, once you get the doll, you'd find someone you want to paint it, remove the head and it by itself to the artist (fairyland heads are very easy to remove, they open up and there is a turn key like piece that keeps the head on, turn it, and the head will pop off, so unstringing involved), they'll paint it for you, show you pics of what they did, then you pay and they'll ship it back to you. depending on the artist it can be a few weeks, to many months of wait time. scope artists out to get a general idea how long it will take them.

no problem about the help, we tend to want to do what we can to prevent ugly dolls / dolls getting ruined out there in the world.
>>
>>5385926
i typoed a lot in this, sorry

*remove the head and send it by itself to the artist
* the head opens up and there is a turkey like piece that keeps the head on, turn it, and the head will pop off, so no unstringing involved
>>
File: 002.jpg (114KB, 650x670px) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
114KB, 650x670px
>>5385933
*turn key

holy shit i can't type. here's a pic to stay on topic. this is that unoa head i was working on a while ago that some people said was ugly but whatever. decided to keep this one around for a while and i'm gonna sell the splattered winking one instead whenever i get around to painting the mouth piece for it.
>>
>>5385926
so is there any sites that specialize in faceup artist and clothing? or should i just google people.
im a bit worried since the doll alone is $800 aydwithout shipping. so the quality of the doll should be good? and will last a fair few years?
>>
>>5380446
>yes. i have someone i follow on flickr who owns two of them now, the one in the pic you posted and a new black man. both come with such huge massive dicks that he has to have them wear specially baggy pants and shorts.

That is truly nothing. There are people in these huge gay ass places like California I'm guessing that literally do that with their own penises and nipples. And I'm not talking about the proportions of the nipples on those guys. There is much bigger and worse. Penises are probably just as bad as the dolls but its in real fucking life. At least with a doll you aren't mutilating your own body forever making it very strange to function in the real world. I mean how/why/what the fuck.

I've seen some just BJD thread, I've seen some goddamn shit.
>>
>>5380446
Link to his flickr please?
>>
File: file.png (691KB, 488x800px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
691KB, 488x800px
>>5380736

Why do the proportions have such skinn waists? Having an hour glass shape completely defeats the appeal of a bear.

I had someone on Flickr who had a prototype for a proper bear doll but I don't know if he ever made it.

I feel like I am the only onen who cares about this....
>>
>>5386085
https://www.flickr.com/photos/49517003@N05/

i started following him because of his dollshe boys and venitu, but now its like nothing but big pepe. how he prefers big pepe when he owns dollshes i have no idea.
>>
>>5386107
The people who collect these dolls are pretty much Mr Smithers if Smithers was out of the closet. Heavily out of the closet.
>>
how do you know what size eyes your dolls head needs?
>>
>>5386169
Most BJD models will tell you on the company's website.
>>
File: 17856034398_20abc7afab_b.jpg (117KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
17856034398_20abc7afab_b.jpg
117KB, 900x900px
>>5382214
Sorry for posting so much about gay man nipple dolls but I actually found his picture...
>>
>>5386214
honestly I respect his artistic skill as a sculptor and a faceup artist I just DO NOT UNDERSTAND
>>
>>5386240
fetish

thats all you gotta understand
>>
>>5384321
I've never ordered off Mandy. Candy was a gift from my boyfriend and Vell was secondhand on Ebay, sans default dress.
>>
>>5385743
It depends on how badly and what way they were crushed, but you might have to remove them to fix them. Can you post a pic?

Sometimes hot water (not boiling but just like, hot from the tap) will help get them back to original shape. Try taking some qtips and dipping them in the hot water and kind of stroking/pressing the lashes between them to curl them back into shape maybe. Be warned that this might loosen the glue a bit so don't get it too wet.
>>
>>5385889
Just so you know, a lot of artists won't replicate another artist's work. Instead of just sending them the one picture and saying you want exactly that, I would suggest taking all these nice Elsa doll photos, along with any good Elsa pictures (movie stills, fan art, or cosplay) where you really like the face and makeup, and send them all to the artist, and ask them to try to make your doll look like a blend of them. It sounds stupid to someone outside of the hobby, but it can cause drama between individual artists if one is caught 'copying', as well as it being difficult sometimes to work in someone else's style. So by sending multiple photos from different sources, not only can you avoid that but you also get across what you want a little better.
>>
>>5385961
My oldest doll was made in 2005 and she's still in good condition. These dolls are very sturdy as long as you aren't rough with them. My doll has changed color a bit over the years, but back when she was made the companies didn't think about how the product would age. Newer ones tend to be made of a better formulation of resin. If you touch her face too much though, you might have the issue of her faceup rubbing off or getting dirty, so be careful of that (when I turn my doll's heads, I put my hand behind their head and cup it like a baby, rather than touching their chin or cheeks to prevent rubbing)
>>
>>5385961
These dolls tend to hold up very well! Don't leave her in direct sunlight for like, hours or days though. A ton of sun will cause extremely uneven discoloration.

With that said, she won't burst into flame if you have her in some sunshine, just avoid a LOT of sun.

Going to go ahead and mention that I'm not sure if you're the "innocent cuddles" type of waifu guy or the "I'm going to masturbate to my waifu" type, but in general I would avoid getting bodily fluids on your doll. You don't want to mess up her faceup or what's going to be an expensive wig.

As for faceup artists, your best bet will probably be looking through flickr. Den of Angels is an option, but you don't strike me as the type to be involved in the hobby aspect of the community (you just want to cuddle your waifu, yes?). There are facebook groups as well.

Also! Fairyland dolls are extremely posable so you'll be able to have her do cute poses (or badass ones, whatever strikes your fancy).
>>
>>5386458
>I would avoid getting bodily fluids on your doll. You don't want to mess up her faceup or what's going to be an expensive wig
kek'd no i havnt degenerated that much, i just dont pit in with people/cant stand people so i want a doll that i can project an image of someone i think i would get along with onto it for some company
>>5386428
thanks for the advice i will do that ill also grab >>5385949
for a ref cos i rely like the style with the bright colors and glitter
>>
>>5386475
Well then there you go, anon! You're off to a very good start with putting your Elsa together!
>>
>>5386240
Look up Tom of Finland. His style of sculpting is clearly influenced by his work. Plus literal modern gay porn. (Francois Sagat is a porn star with the stupidest hair tattoo in the world.)
>>
>>5386475
I'm curious anon, is there a reason you want a custom Elsa?
I'm not talking about the whole weifu and projecting stuff, I'm talking about the "custom" part.

I mean, you are going to make a big investment here, both in time and money.
Making a full custom doll like that might take you a year and cost roughly 1000 bucks (depending on the base doll and so on of course).
You need to order the doll, wait for it to arrive, find an artist for face-up, dress and wig and wait till these artists have time to take care of your commission.
Damn, some artists have a wait time of half a year alone till they even allow you to send them your head/money.
Then they need to work on it and ship it back too.

Are you really sure you want to start this project?
I mean, it's Frozen, there has to be at least one Elsa that doesn't look horrible and can be decently posed among the huge amount of merchandise?
I bet you could even get some of these customized, people also repaint these big Disney Animators dolls and I also saw some regular Elsas being beautifully repainted.

Just some food for thought, if that's what you want to do more power to you, just be sure that this won't be a thing that will be quickly finished.
>>
>>5386877
cos i was thinking about something like http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Frozen-Coronation-Elsa-OOAK-Custom-doll-Limited-Edition-1-Worldwide-/111864138507?hash=item1a0b9f4b0b:g:7JEAAOSwnipWVZS2 but idk it feels to cheap after looking at all the beautiful shit on here, im still considering it tho. whats putting me off its just a nice home made outfit with a nice faceup job on a cheap doll.
and after looking at how nice a BJD can look i dont think i cant not get one its just to pretty, the only thing that would put my of buying one is trying to find some one to paint the face for me and make me the dress i want.
price doesnt matter with me if the quality is there and its what i want
>>
File: disturbed.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
disturbed.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
>>5385499
>>5385779
question mark abuse
>>
>>5386889
>cos i was thinking about something like http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Frozen-Coronation-Elsa-OOAK-Custom-doll-Limited-Edition-1-Worldwide-/111864138507?hash=item1a0b9f4b0b:g:7JEAAOSwnipWVZS2

That definitely IS a cheap and shitty custom done by someone who has no clue.
No surprise you didn't like that one.
There are way nicer ones out there (try Flickr for example), but the base doll needs to be good too and I don't know if there is a high quality one from Disney.

BJDs are a lot more impressive, this is true.
But it still is a lot of work, even for someone who is in the hobby and has no problem contacting and talking to others.
I know there are some finished wigs and outfits for Elsa in BJD, but they differ in quality.
Try Taobao and BJD 冰雪奇缘.

Regarding companies that might fit:
if you want a mixture of cartoon/realism try Fairyland (both 1/4 and 1/3 available, some even as standard that can be ordered any time), Withdoll (mostly 1/4) and maybe Little Monica (for some reason I could imagine some of their 1/3 to fit well).
Iplehouse is for more realism, but they have horrible posing bodies.

Maybe a Dollfie Dream might be an option too? They look a lot more anime-esque though.
>>
>>5386942
oh thanks for the help bro but iv got it all picked out
>>5385830
gonna get the fairly land doll of her, theres a rely nice amadiz elsa wig i will get there is also an already mad up SD size blue elsa dress witch leave just the faceup artist to find and then when i have the money someone to make the elsa's coronation dress
im going to get the make up on the left first so then i have at leat somthing on the doll while i look for a faceup artist that i like.
i honestly dont have a clue where to find people to commission to do the make up and dress for me
>>
File: 2b9c4b93.jpg (113KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
2b9c4b93.jpg
113KB, 720x540px
>>5386950
Anon you better keep us posted of your progress and post pics to see how it's coming along. I'm really excited for you.

I can tell you that tumblr and DoA are places to find faceup artists, but I've never commissioned one before so I'm sure someone else here can give you some specific names of people to look into.
>>
>>5386950
Just saw that Sionna is available as basic now, that's cool.
In case you don't have a link yet (just trying to keep you save from recasts), here is one:
http://dollfairyland.com/shop/step1.php?number=1147&b_code=B20120725030719&c_code=C20140723060155

Commissioning is not thaaat hard, but I understand it's difficult to find a starting point.
Den of Angels has a lot of artists that offer commissions, unfortunately you need an account there and a certain amount of time and posts till you can see them.

Some artists also have websites or accounts on other plattforms where you can look at their work and prices.
Try Tumblr, Facebook, Flickr.

Where are you from? Maybe we can give you some recommendations for artists that way.
Can't help much with seamstresses, I don't have "cosplay" dolls and the only one I know who does that stuff might not be your type (it's http://www.beyond-wonderland-bjd.com/)
>>
>>5386958
definitely will cos im exited to, man is this normal for a 23 year old male?
i dont use tumblr but maybe this is going to force me to get one. whats DoA?
yeah im planning to frequent on here so i can get a feel for who is out there that can do this stuff and pick the artist whos style i like the best.
im rley thinking of getting a loan just so i can have her soon, im so impatient with this stuff
>>
sorry for the double post
>>5386966
thanks for the heads up ill create an account soon so i can find them when i actually need it
yeah i spent today looking and bookmarking what i need i also sent them an email to see if i could get a pic of the body colors cos i couldnt find one andi dont know if i want normal or "beautiful white" or what ever they call it.
im from Australia so i dont assume many of you will know people down here that do that
>>
File: QW3mUBU.png (1012KB, 679x1035px) Image search: [Google]
QW3mUBU.png
1012KB, 679x1035px
>>5386973
Where are all the aussie collectors suddenly coming from?

Again, Flickr is your friend.
Fairyland is a very popular company, so just type in "fairyland skintone comparison" and you find something.
Pic related.
The Beautiful White is reaaaaally white, as in, paper white.
The normal skin is a peachy, rich color.
>>
Closetchild it's been 10 days why haven't you shipped.

it's not even like you have to make the doll. just box it up and mail it.
>>
>>5386214
OT, but where are his ears?
>>
File: image.jpg (994KB, 1168x2047px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
994KB, 1168x2047px
>>5387163
>>5386214
>>
File: Nope.jpg (7KB, 185x272px) Image search: [Google]
Nope.jpg
7KB, 185x272px
>>5386969
>im rley thinking of getting a loan just so i can have her soon, im so impatient with this stuff

Don't you ever dare go down that road.
>>
>>5386950
Where are you ordering the already made dress from? I haven't seen them before.
>>
File: SIO2Meme2.jpg (22KB, 440x294px) Image search: [Google]
SIO2Meme2.jpg
22KB, 440x294px
>>5384706
Sorry I'm late! Here's another one, this time in dark skin! I think the whole joint thing on DoA can be silly, too, because these (to me) seem to have all the joints that a regular bjd has. The hair can even be taken off and replaced with a wig, from what I've seen. Here's the weibo link to the sculptor's page. You have to scroll a bit, but there's more pics of Meme.
> http://weibo.com/kengdiedetiezhi#_rnd1452197017105
>>
>>5387859
Thanks for the extra pics and link. Wow they're so cute!
>>
>>5386214
he's not the pervy uggo I thought he would look like...and even as girl I find some of his work kinda sexy.
>>
>>5387880
thats nice
get better taste
>>
File: SIO2Meme3.jpg (41KB, 440x593px) Image search: [Google]
SIO2Meme3.jpg
41KB, 440x593px
>>5387859
Here's a link to their Taobao, too. I think I remember the person who posted the DoA news thing saying that there's going to be an open eyes version, too? I kind of wish their head stand things were a whole torso part, because they're really beautiful.
>>
>>5387884
Would help if I posted the link, duh.
> https://shop61246968.world.taobao.com/search.htm?spm=a312a.7700824.w5002-12522128922.1.Qgxdcw&search=y
>>
>>5387882
i'll consider it anon.
>>
>>5386969
>>5387620
Seconding this. Don't do loans. Do NOT do loans in this hobby it's a slippery slope to hell.

INSTEAD what you can do is start a layaway with DenverDoll (I think they ship internationally?) or some other Fairyland dealer! Spread your payments out over a few months while the doll is being made. For the love of all things holy, don't go down the loan road.
>>
>>5387885
I'm familiar with SS for Japanese stuff like FJ, but does anyone have a recommended Taobao agent?

This company's dolls are an aesthetic I am digging.
>>
>>5386969
Impatience is not your friend in this hobby. If you do not have self control, you could find yourself in that slippery slope far too fast.

>had a great paying job
>here comes the American recession
>have 4 Soom dolls on layaway
>getting ready to renovate house
>lose job
>looking for employment for 9 months
>many places giving bullshit "you're overqualified for this" excuse

I mean, I managed to pull through without getting into much trouble, but most people do not have the luxury of a support system like I had.

With the sculpt you're eyeing being a standard, it is best to find a layaway. Many of the ones I've done had the doll ready to send by the time I paid it off. If you have some stuff you don't give a fuck about anymore that are confident might sell, you might give that a go to get money.
>>
>>5387845
http://www.amazon.com/Frozen-Dress-Clothes-Skirt-Outfit/dp/B00HG7JMCW
havnt looked into it much cos thats one of the last things i get but it seams legit?
>>5388041
>>5387620
yeah i rely dont want to but its tempting, i have a bad history with getting loans just cos i could was paying 2 loans of at the same time at a total of 20g not to long ago cos i wanted some motorcycles
>>
>>5387884
The more I see of this cutie the more I feel I might need to get one when they come out...
>>
>>5388240
same here, but if the way they did their other sales is any indication, it will likely be super limited to like 25 each. i hope not though, i'd love to see lots of those cute sheepies around even if i dont own it myself.
>>
>>5388044
TaobaoNow or TaobaoFocus are good. Celestial Delinquent is really good, too. She's a bit more expensive, but if you have questions or something detailed to order, she's fluent in both English and Chinese.
>>
>>5388044
I used to swear by Ray from TaobaoSpree, but now that he hasn't worked there, it's still good but the other agent, Sandra, is a little less fluent.

CelestialDelinquent is amazing too. She is costlier, but in terms of communication I think she's the best.

I used to place TS above CD when my agent was Ray because he replied really promptly and although his english didn't seem native, it was perfectly understandable. Now that it's Sandra, I think I'd place TS & CD around equal when weighing their pro's and cons.
>>
File: tumblr_nvhee3kTeW1th7cduo1_540.jpg (95KB, 538x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvhee3kTeW1th7cduo1_540.jpg
95KB, 538x810px
>>5388501
>>5388543
Thank you so much for your recommendations!
>>
File: CXzWvMLU0AAyg3Z.jpg large.jpg (116KB, 693x1039px) Image search: [Google]
CXzWvMLU0AAyg3Z.jpg large.jpg
116KB, 693x1039px
>>5387024
>Where are all the aussie collectors suddenly coming from?

Large parts of the southern and western coastal areas recently got access to the internet for the first time. What you see are the terrible consequences of "Abbott Internet".
>>
>>5387859
I think its because they don't have knees.
>>
>>5389199
>got access to the internet for the first time

what
>>
>>5388066
>http://www.amazon.com/Frozen-Dress-Clothes-Skirt-Outfit/dp/B00HG7JMCW
To be honest anon I don't know if I'd order from them. They don't have many reviews on their items, and they have a lot of bootleg dolls and items in their shop with stolen pictures.

Tell you what though. I used to do a lot of cosplay, and I've seen a lot of tutorials on how to make Elsa's costume. I don't have a Feeple, but I'm going to look up the measurements and compare it to my dolls. If any of them are close enough in size I will drop my email in here if you want to talk commissions. Its been a while since I've done any character doll stuff and you've got me wanting to make some Disney princess gowns now!
>>
>>5389244
Jesus Christ its a fucking joke. It's 2016 and Americans are still as bad as when I used to haunt chat avenue in 2005 and tell them I lived in NZ and they would say "Lol is that in mexico??"
>>
>>5389299
You mean it isn't?
>>
>>5389232
Ah, that's true! I didn't think of that.
>>
>>5389299
What does NZ stand for?

[spoiler]I'm pulling your leg[/spoiler]
>>
File: 21007929385_18ec0fae3d_o.jpg (461KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
21007929385_18ec0fae3d_o.jpg
461KB, 2048x2048px
>>5389299
>nz

wana chup brew???
>>
File: corination dress.jpg (84KB, 670x596px) Image search: [Google]
corination dress.jpg
84KB, 670x596px
>>5389254
that sounds awosme since i rely want the corination dress rather then the "ice queen" one.
it just looks less cheap IMO altho the one in my pick looks cheap and take to but im guessing its just a cheap knock off for a kid or somthing
>>
>>5388066
Aw man, don't buy from there anon.
The dress on the second pictures is from a store called Summer's Castle on Taobao, they actually made Anna and Elsa outfits (they also offered wigs) that didn't look too bad.
However, first picture is what you are REALLY going to get, they just stole the second to have something nicer to show.
Here's the original listing:
http://world.taobao.com/item/38901057708.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700824.w4002-10921388245.12.EqTstg

Unfortunately sold out already, the wig is the only thing still for sale.

I've never seen her other one for sale yet, unfortunately.
But it shouldn't be too difficult to commission and maybe other anon can really help you out.

>>5389199
Wasn't supposed to be meant as an insult, I'm just used to "oh, I'm from the US" (I'm from Europe myself).
It's just funny how often people here say they are from Australia, it just doesn't happen as often on other websites.

>>5388044
>but does anyone have a recommended Taobao agent?

Taobaoring, hands down.
Used BuyfromTaobao in the beginning but they stopped taking Paypal at one point and were pretty rude most of the time anyway.
Switched to Taobaoring, uuh, three years ago I think and they are a dream to work with.
Nice customer service, fees are okay, good and easy to use website, they always take pictures of your order.
Honestly can't complain.
>>
>>5389768
oh i thought it was a resale since in the description it said it was made by summers castle
>>
>>5389665
Nah brew, i onli eat planktun. Can't chew brew, got no teeth.
>>
File: CUtZ-u5UEAIoWba.jpg (95KB, 600x899px) Image search: [Google]
CUtZ-u5UEAIoWba.jpg
95KB, 600x899px
>>5389851

Wul thats pretty deceptive
>>
>>5380424
Gross. Especially the one on the left. How about we not treat obesity as beautiful and ok but like the unhealthy cancer it is.

>>5380554
How the fuck is that an accurate body type? The proportions are weird as fuck.
>>
File: 1404100120804.png (115KB, 346x392px) Image search: [Google]
1404100120804.png
115KB, 346x392px
>>5380554
>>5389890
but anonymous it's ~art~
>>
File: artists hate "art".png (406KB, 1170x666px) Image search: [Google]
artists hate "art".png
406KB, 1170x666px
>>5389894
>>
>>5389890
>How the fuck is that an accurate body type?
I'm pretty sure anon was praising the one they were replying to (>>5380424) and posting the freakish-looking body as an example of "just a doll with a ginormous ass"
>>
>>5382282
...but it doesn't. BJ stands for blowjob but BJD is pretty much only used for, well, dolls. That porn blog obviously made a typo.

Posts like these are useful, you can block those blogs so that if they ever put porn in the tag again it won't clutter up your browsing.
>>
>>5389904
That's for that reason I prefer labelling customized dolls as craft.
Labelling it as art would imply it's a artsy fartsy work of degeneracy (with a supposed political agenda) that takes itself seriously and doesn't even look good.
>>
>>5389997
> that takes itself seriously and doesn't even look good.

You mean like a lot of the artist dolls?
>>
>>5389787
With a lot of sellers on Amazon or Ebay, its suggested you check their other sales too, especially if they're listed as being in China. A lot of these are fronts for factories so they will just go find a picture that kind of resembles what they can make and then slap their own logo on it. Its hard to spot this when you're new. A big indicator for that shop, though, is that they're selling recasts (bootleg dolls) and are using the company photos and calling them very generic names like "Large Breast 65cm Female". That shows that they're definitely not using actual photos of their products and you have no actual idea what you'll get in the mail. There's similar shops doing this with costumes and gothic lolita fashion so I've learned to spot them pretty quickly.

Also I did check and some of my dolls are reasonably close enough that I think I can rig up the coronation outfit if you want. I am located in the US though, just to let you know. Once you've gotten everything else figured we can talk about it.
>>
File: tumblr_o08vi5RMat1s4gz9jo2_1280.jpg (282KB, 1280x848px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o08vi5RMat1s4gz9jo2_1280.jpg
282KB, 1280x848px
where's the best place to get sparkley eyes like these? all the cool kids are doing it.

I've heard Oscardoll but looks like half of their stock is sold out.
>>
>>5391427
I'm pretty sure Darjeeling got them from Oscardoll.
>>
>>5391454
yeah she did, but I asked in another thread and someone said doll bakery and a couple other things, but I forgot ;_;
>>
>>5391427
What sculpt is the doll on the right?
>>
>>5389890
This is probably favourite 4chan screenshot.
>>
>>5391466
dollbakery doesn't make eyes with jewels like that, only ones with one single crystal in the middle. oscardoll is the one that does it with lots of crystals.

they may be out of stock on their main site, but they supply eyes for many websites.

denverdoll.com has some in stock right now.

http://denverdoll.com/eyesoscar.php
>>
>>5391617
for more options, oscardoll eyes are also sold by peakswoods, fabric friends and dolls, the doll peddler, and migidoll. they're pretty easy to find, lots of companies like to use them these days for their limiteds.
>>
File: file.png (559KB, 549x740px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
559KB, 549x740px
Does anyone know where to buy any cute 1/12th scale animal heads sort of like this? I'd search more but I won't be online much after this. I'm a newfag and a poorfag, I wanted something to put on a body I already have clothes for.

I realize this might be a dumb or rude thing to ask so if it is don't bother replying. I have limited online time or I'd spend all night trying to find something myself so I thought I'd ask ask on the off chance anybody could help.
>>
>>5387884
I'm guessing the lil sheep isn't available yet? Can't find it on the Taobao!
>>
>>5391695
DearMine does a lot of anthro dolls in various tiny sizes (both beans and classic line are tiny little guys). http://www.dearminedoll.com/ They don't offer heads seperate directly from them, so you'd have to go in on a split or buy second hand. Pipos also have a variety of anthro tinies. http://piposland.com/index.php Again, you're looking at either having to go through a split or second hand. I don't know many companies that do 1/12th anthro dolls with seperate heads and bodies. There's an anthro-specific bjd forum out there where others may be of extra assistance. I think there's a marketplace there, too.
>>
>>5391427
They're definitely Oscardoll eyes. Denverdoll and Doll Peddlar both stock them if you're in the US.

>>5391473
I think that's an Asleep Eidolon Solstice.
>>
>>5391828
Thanks a lot for the help. I think I might just end up caving and buying a full figure, but do you know where the anthro board is? I have no idea where to even look.
>>
>>5391926
Anthroaddicts @ Freeforums
>>
File: Catsy.jpg (64KB, 338x532px) Image search: [Google]
Catsy.jpg
64KB, 338x532px
>>5391617
I think DollBakery is experimenting with the jewels (saw some in their last restock that I wanted but sold out before I could check out with them), but they are not a definitive source for them.

>>5391828
I have a Dear Bean Lupy, and it looks like the head may be able to hybrid with 1/6 bodies, but their heads are pretty heavy, even for their bodies (they're more PukiFee-sized anyway). I actually really like their bodies. For a stumpy chubby thing, it actually holds poses pretty well.

For 1/12 anthro bjd, there was Elfdoll Catsy, which I owned at one time. Her body posed like shit (or at least the old one did) but she was a lot of fun to play with.
>>
Page 7 autosage

NEW BREAD >>5392751

STOP THE AUSSIE SHITPOSTERS >>5392751
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.