[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fixing loose joints

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 61SWns4WeBL._SY355_.jpg (11KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
61SWns4WeBL._SY355_.jpg
11KB, 355x355px
So I am having issues finding the stuff in the pic. Is there something else that is polish that works or am I going to have to use nail polish?
>>
Any clear acrylic polish will do. It doesn't have to be pic related.
>>
There was some I was looking at in walmart. I didn't see where it said acrylic anywhere on it. It wouldn't hurt to get it I guess. Thanks KS for the reply!
>>
>>5379235
Look on the back, through the liquid, and read the details.
>>
DESU Future isn't that strong. If possible you should look at lacquer top coats like Testor's lacquer clear cote. Given, not all plastics are safe against lacquer, even if the top coat is specifically devised for use on plastic models.
>>
>>5379424
Regular acrylic does its job fine. It's not like you really need it any stronger for the typical loose joint

Have you tried lacquer on die-cast joints? We've yet to know how to tighten those damn things...
>>
>>5379509
I have no idea for die cast. I doubt modeling lacquer top coats will adhere well to metal. If it's poor quality die-cast it's probably just warping and wearing too quickly. My recommendation is to try elastidip if you're feeling adventurous. Sand the surface you want to coat to give it a rough finish then brush a few layers on. I have no idea how well it will stick to metal, but a rough surface will help with adherence. It dries much thinner than it actually looks so you may need to use a few layers.

Just keep in mind that the medium is toxic, so you probably want a proper respirator (same kind when using lacquer paints) if you plan to have the can open for more than a few minutes per day.
>>
File: liquitex acrylic varnish.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
liquitex acrylic varnish.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
Any clear acrylic paint will do the same job. The glossier, the longer lasting.

People need to stop listening to /toy/'s outdated advice when it comes to Future and floor polishes.
>>
>>5379223
http://www.amazon.com/SC-Johnson-Pledge-Multi-Surface-Finish/dp/B000ARPH4C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451959810&sr=8-1&keywords=pledge+floor+care
>>
Do other acrylic alternatives smell as good as Pledge? I always considered that as a plus
>>
>>5379223
Never use nail polish. As other anons said, you want a clear acrylic coating. Nail polish is more like a solvent, it has acetone in it and is prone to discoloring, messing with the plastic's surface, and getting sticky in warm temperatures or with age.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.