[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Addicted 2 Plastic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (284KB, 1026x1129px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
284KB, 1026x1129px
Guys, I can't stop buying figures. What should I do? I've just seen the Figuarts Piccolo and I really want to get it.
>>
File: Drowning.jpg (60KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
Drowning.jpg
60KB, 1000x563px
>>5376188
Keep buying lol. Anon, you need to avoid aftermarket prices, so start pre-ordering anything you might end up wanting. Go to HLJ and Amiami and build up monthly orders. That way you can save on shipping. If you're really reluctant on a purchase, if you have an order for that month, just buy it anyways. Come on in, the water is great.
>>
>>5376232
Yeah I've been meaning to get into amiami. I guess I'm just a little scared because I've never really ordered anything from glorious Nippon and so I haven't had to deal with import tax and the likes.
>>
>>5376188
If you can afford it, don't fight it. Give in to the dark side. It is you destiny.

If you can't afford it, just stop. You're better off buying actual crack. It'd be cheaper.
>>
File: 1443586160809.png (370KB, 352x576px) Image search: [Google]
1443586160809.png
370KB, 352x576px
It really is an addiction, but you gotta learn self control. I see shit I like and think to myself "What if the price goes up? What if they become rare as fuck" so I end up buying a lot of figs the moment I see them.
>>
>>5376400
i have this same thing. for the most part i have been correct and glad I got my figures when I did. I need to sell my Transformers. I lost all interest in them all
>>
>>5376188
Don't give in. I nostalgia bought most of the DBZ Figuarts since they were the best figures of something I grew up with. They were quite a letdown in the end. Once you get them in hand you'll mess with them a bit, put them in some poses, then after a few days you'll start to think they don't really look that good.

Hold onto your money and wait for that one thing that you don't think twice about buying.
>>
Figuarts DBZ figures have arm sleeves that attach to a peg in the shoulder so the shirt sleeve can look detached if not posed right, such as in the top left corner of your OP pic. They also do not come with a stand which I found odd considering everyone can fly and it takes away from action scenes/poses you try to make or recreate. Most DBZ figures are also same body, different head and paint scheme so it feels horribly the same when you get a bigger collection. Not sure how it is with the newer piccolos but I had a first release one, on his cape most notably the chest piece where his arms are crossed on, there is some heavy paint transfer, or the cape just has green tints on it in general which look odd to me if it was done for shading. While he does have the fingers and the face to do his special beam cannon, he does not come with an effect piece for it. The cape being a solid chunk can only take on one real pose, Tuxedo Mask on the other hand had his cape come in multiple segments to fix this (as well as a stand), I believe this Piccolo your looking at was started on after that so it could have used it for an improvement to the figure itself.
If you need an excuse to not buy an item you want, nit pick at it. If you want it anyway then get it anyway, if anything to resell it later if you change your mind. Ended up reselling all my DBZ figures and the android saga alone paid for maybe 2 of my shelves from their after market value.
>>
>>5376632
Thanks for the info
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.