[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toy of the Year 2015

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 44

File: 1428627280533.jpg (108KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1428627280533.jpg
108KB, 1200x1200px
Alright /toy/, we're just a few hours from 2016. Post your:
>Toy of the year
>Disappointment of the year
>Most hype toy for 2016
>>
File: 456789087654356.png (617KB, 422x584px) Image search: [Google]
456789087654356.png
617KB, 422x584px
Pic is my favorite toy purchase of 2015. I love everything about it, might even get a second one.
No disappointments this year, I was pretty selective and didnt buy much. Most hyped for all the Robot Damashii Iron Blooded Orphans releases.
>>
>>5370371
>Toy of the year
Legneds Pizza Spider-Man
4" Star Fox
>Most hype toy for 2016
Legends Abomination (if that happens)
>>
Didn't buy much, but,
>Toy of the year
Revolmini Venom Snake
Everything was better than expected because I keep my standards low before arrival as not to be disappointed, but if I had to choose something, I'd go with World of Nintendo Fox.
>Most hype toy for 2016
SH Figuarts Bruce Lee so far
>>
>>5370371
>Toy of the year
Too hard to choose, between Figma Snake, Revo Boba, and Figuarts FO Stormtrooper
Black Series Palpatine
>Most hype for 2016
Figuarts Super Saiyan 4 Goku (hopefully)
>>
File: CRIEqFnU8AAcNQQ.png (223KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CRIEqFnU8AAcNQQ.png
223KB, 600x600px
>>5370379
>I love everything about it
Even those nipples?
>>
>Toy of the Year
I sure can't pick a number one for the year, but I'm really loving my Mortal Kombat X Scorpion right now.
After waiting so long for decent Kombat figures it feels like we've finally got them. He moves really well, feel sturdy, and only has one complaint that's fixed with super glue. A solid release, and Sub-Zero is also great. Raiden's pretty weak, though. Not bad, but not comparable to the other two. Shame the line isn't continuing after wave 2.
Another solid contender is the Legends Pizza Spidey even with the limited hips. Other than that he's pretty much everything I've ever wanted in a Spider-Man figure. Also Ghost Rider. He needs a mention at least. to make this a top five, I guess I'll throw in the NECA Jason Lives Ultimate Jason Voorhees.

Not many disappointments. Some mediocre figures sure, but none I'd call disappointing except for one. That figure is the Marvel Legends Ant-Man, and he looks pretty good on the surface but the plastic he's made from ruined it. I believe Legends mostly knocked it out of the ballpark this year, even if the opinion on /toy/ here is rather middling, but the plastic needs to be better on some figures. He has the same issues that movie Star-Lord but worse due to how stiff his joints were. Each time I moved his arm I was afraid the joint would shear off and then it did. Then inaccurate helmet and the barely workable ab-crunch make issues worse. Just a bad figure all around.

>Most hype toy for 2016
Vulcanlog Revoltech Venom Snake.
>>
>>5370400
>Figma Snake, Revo Boba,
Finally, someone who doesnt write these toys off over insignificant bullshit!

They're very good, i cant find fault in Revo Boba other than his non-poseable cape
>>
>TotY
Figuarts Robin Mask, Ultra-act Cosmos
>Disappointment
Figuarts Mk.45 Iron Man. Still a fun and great looking figure however.
>Most hype
Figuarts General Grievous, SAS Gyro
>>5370406
>not wanting to rub his perky nipples
What are you, gay?
>>
File: threezero-Dorohedoro-Caiman-1.jpg (237KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
threezero-Dorohedoro-Caiman-1.jpg
237KB, 1000x707px
>>5370371
>TOTY
Figma Pyramid Head
>DOTY
Dunno, didn't really buy anything else.
>2016 Hype
ThreeZero Caiman, Robot Damashii A.N.I.ME line.
>>
>>5370406
>not wanting Niptroopers with real working nips
Shame on you.
>>
File: DSC09720.jpg (844KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
DSC09720.jpg
844KB, 1632x1224px
>Toy of the year
Tough one, but probably Funko's Rocketeer. I'm biased though because he was my knoe for the better part of the last 5 years.
Runners-up include Unique Toys Troll and Marvel Select Carnage

Retool Wars

>Most hype toy for 2016
A lot of stuff. Body-Chan/Kun, MP Shockwave, 90s Legends Rogue, SHF Grievous..
>>
>Toy of the year
revo horse
figma snake
>Most hype toy for 2016
SAS GYRO YOU KNOW IT'S HAPPENING
>>
File: 1435207299620.jpg (274KB, 892x1366px) Image search: [Google]
1435207299620.jpg
274KB, 892x1366px
>>5370471
>Revo Horse
>SAS Gyro
It's like it was fated
>>
File: 2015-12-31 17.47.10.jpg (521KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-31 17.47.10.jpg
521KB, 1080x1920px
>Toy of the year
It's weird because there was a ton of good stuff this year and I was just about done with transformers, but I'd go with Legends Shockwave. This guy came out of nowhere, and he's just so much better than he has any right to be. The articulation is fairly amazing for his size and price; dude even has figuarts-stype pulldown hips. The gun mode is a little abstract so I understand it's a take it or leave it type thing, but I love it too. Equal amounts of pew pew and swoosh.

This is another strange choice because I actually really like him, but SHF Captain America. He's just so close to being great, but there's something halfassed or wrong at pretty much every turn. I got a ton of paint errors on mine, the colors are way too desaturated in general, I went through two sets of factory replacement shield-holding hands that had crooked pegs... I'm almost thinking about getting the inevitable civil war repaint if it fixes the QC shit that's wrong because he really is a good figure. Just frustratingly flawed.

>Most hype toy for 2016
As uneven quality wise as the line is, Marvel Legends put out a shitload of really fun stuff in 2015 and I'm looking forward to what they put out next year. Rogue in particular, but moreso if that means we finally start getting x-men stuff again.
>>
>Best
Truforce Mega Man X
>Worst
DCAU Batman
>Hype
Nendo Kirby
>>
I think I'm gonna attempt to do a photoshoot with the Top 10 toys of 2015. I've been lucky enough to acquire most of the more popular choices this year.

Mezco Batman
Bandai Chogokin VF-19A
Polynian Clover
SHF DBZ Broly
Figma Motoko Kusanagi
Neca Alien Queen
Transformers Masterpiece Starsaber
JoJo SAS Jonathan Joestar
Star Wars SHF Luke
Neca Superman

I know there's some debatable ones on there, and its missing a Hot Toys release(none really interested me this year.I was gonna put Robocop, but he was last year's release even if he got a battle damaged version this year). And I don't have Truforce Megaman, so that's another notable, but I'm not really fond of that design.
>>
File: thinker.jpg (189KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
thinker.jpg
189KB, 600x750px
>>
>TOTY
A toss-up between Neca Illidan and Shodo Vs Kamen Rider 1.
>DOTY
Mafex Catwoman.
>2016 Hype
More Neca Heroes of the Storm stuff, if possible, but definitely more Kamen Rider Shodo Vs.
>>
>>5370371
>Toy of the year
Figma Sinon or Clover

don't have one

>Most hype toy for 2016
Figuarts Leon Garo and Femto Figma(fucking hopefully)
>>
We're really not going to save this for like mid-january? A lot of people have december releases just sitting and waiting for monthly shipments.
>>
File: Sabaer.jpg (138KB, 640x689px) Image search: [Google]
Sabaer.jpg
138KB, 640x689px
>Toy of the year
Figma Saber 2.0 I'm pretty sure that came out in January. If it came out in December of 2014 then probably SHF Awakening goku. He was pretty fun.

DC Icons. The line was just floppy. Scale was pretty lame. And the head articulation stops from so much poses. Shame. The sculpts were great.

>Most hype toy for 2016
Probably SHF Beerus. But Lee is a close second.
>>
>>5370599
This thread would probably last into mid-January, chill.
>>
File: Cp_gravelpit0006.jpg (52KB, 275x285px) Image search: [Google]
Cp_gravelpit0006.jpg
52KB, 275x285px
>>5370619
>Scale
But, yeah, the DC Icons figures were pretty meh.
>>
File: Toys Play With Toys.png (1017KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Toys Play With Toys.png
1017KB, 1000x750px
>Toy of the year
pic related
Muckman being cancelled
>Most hype toy for 2016
aaaaaaaa Kirby Nendoroid?
>>
>>5370619
>Scale was pretty lame
What was lame about the scale? I saw Batman was a little smaller than Green Arrow but it looked like it was less than 1/16".
>>
>>5370816
People were disappointed that it was closer to actual 1/12 scale, and not the enlarged scale that a lot of other domestic lines use where nearly every figure is over 6 inches.
>>
>>5370624
>>5370816
>>5370824
The scale itself wasn't bad. But it was a dissapointment for me because I was looking to have a marvel vs. DC display.

I was annoyed that it didn't scale somewhere around MLs. It didn't need to be exact but I was hoping it would be around the same so I didn't have to use too much camera tricks.

I can't fault a line for its scale but it was dissapointing. For me and a few others
>>
>>5370371
Delete your thread and make it in February.
>>
File: 1430610086946.jpg (315KB, 555x720px) Image search: [Google]
1430610086946.jpg
315KB, 555x720px
>Toy of the year
Pic related
Figma Rin Shibuya 2.0, moving her arms made the paint on her shoulders peel.
>Most hype toy for 2016
I know it's going to be shit but I'm really looking forward to Play Arts Kai Riku for nostalgia reasons. When that turns out to be a real disappointment I will be eagerly awaiting Body Chan from the S.H. Figuarts or even the Synthetic Human rerelease.
>>
File: mlghostrider-10.jpg (95KB, 770x768px) Image search: [Google]
mlghostrider-10.jpg
95KB, 770x768px
>Toy of the year

ML Ghost-rider.
Great sculpt, beautiful head, fun as hell. Hand candy.

Honorable mentions to NECA's Alien Queen, NES Jason, and Godzillas. Nods to FIGMA Pyramid head, ML Chameleon (so nice i bought it trice. damn you alternate heads), and NECA Christopher Reeve Superman (love the figure, afraid to touch him for fear he'll turn to dust)

NECA's Heroes of the storm Nova. Nice sculpt but the articulation can't manage the giant gun very well and her hand pops off all the damn time.

>Most hype toy for 2016
will need most of that upcoming spider-man wave. Fingers crossed Marvel Select can get me movie Black-Panther & some mcu villains this coming year.

I eagerly await figuarts Beerus.
>>
>>5370406
Whos that semen demon?
>>
>>5370528
Broly was 2014, as was the Queen
>>
>>5370911
Fwoosh pls
>>
File: preds.jpg (156KB, 1232x799px) Image search: [Google]
preds.jpg
156KB, 1232x799px
>Toy of the year

NECA's AvP Predators, by a landslide.

We've bee waiting for these fuckers for years, and after all the hype and wait, there was practically no way these things were going to live up to expectations. Not only did they live up to expectations, but they blew them out of the water.

NECA's other Predators are decent, but we've gotten the same three or so bodies repainted for years, and they seriously needed an update.

These guys have better paint, waaaaay more articulation (and in the places that count/that they really needed it) way more accessories, and brand new, much more detailed sculpts.

As much as I like NECA, and love the Predators, these figures seem like they're almost from a completely different company. It proves that they can put out really high-end figures for a $20 bill each.

Honorable mentions go to Polynian Clover, SH Figuarts Awakening Goku, and the Figuarts First Order Troopers.

I honestly don't know....I tend to get rid of the figures I don't like.

Coincidentally...maybe the Hero Metal Cross AvP Scar Predator. That fucking thing cost almost $100, and was practically a statue. Those $20 NECA Predators from above were better in literally every way. The only kinda cool feature was the light up laser sight on the mask.

Honorable mention: Basically, every new wave of Star Wars Black 6" figures. Specifically those FO troopers. That elbow of theirs just ruins them. Plus, I have four of them, and each one I buy seems to have worse QC problems than the last.

The GI Joe line as a whole. I don't think I've bought a GI Joe since 2013, as that's when I dropped the line, but every new line is basically just repackages of 2010~2011 figures. I legit don't think Hasbro has sculpted a new part in almost 5 years, aside from the crappy figures in the Retaliation line.

>Most hype toy for 2016

Hard to say. Polynian Yumi looks good. Beerus looks good, some of those new NECA Preds like that Kenner Elder they teased
>>
>>5370955
AnthonysCuckstoms pls
>>
>>5370964

I hate that faggot. Call me that again and I'll knock your teeth out.
>>
File: faggot.jpg (15KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
15KB, 320x180px
>>5370970
AnthonysCuckstoms pls.
>>
File: IMG_0023 (1280x853).jpg (442KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0023 (1280x853).jpg
442KB, 853x1280px
>Toy of the year
Pic related. I've wanted a technic/bionicle Grievous for a very long time, and they finally delivered. It's almost perfect.

>Disappointment
Eh, nothing really. The articulation on the BaF Hobgoblin was pretty lame though.

>Most hype
Either the upcoming Spider-man Marvel legends absorbing man wave, or a proper 6 inch Grievous.
>>
>>5370979
I fucking hate how these recent Bionicle and Bionicle type sets use that connection for the arms. What happened to the regular hinge elbow connection?
>>
>>5370977
>>5370970
>>5370964
Hey guys, AnthonysCustoms here bringing you another toy review. Don't forget to buy this figure at the only place to buy figures online, BigBadToyStore, by clicking the link in the description. See you tomorrow with my unboxing video.
>>
>>5370981
New setup allows elbow swivel.
>>
>>5370988
>making an anthonyscustoms mock post
>without discussing PAK in a positive light
Why even bother?
>>
>>5371006
It just doesn't feel right though, it's not as secure.
>>
>>5371023
If it bothers you that much, you could always bricklink the necessary replacement bones. Shouldn't cost much
>>
>Toy of the year
Figuarts Kamen Rider 3
Figuarts Love Live girls (no torso articulation? Really?)
>Most hype toy for 2016
Figuarts Overlord Baron
>>
File: NEW YEARS.jpg (145KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
NEW YEARS.jpg
145KB, 1000x1000px
Lone Wanderer by Funko Legacy might be the worst fucking toy I have ever bought. Still waiting on that Nathan.
>>
File: w9zUo[1].jpg (28KB, 366x197px) Image search: [Google]
w9zUo[1].jpg
28KB, 366x197px
>Toy of the year
Either figma Saber 2.0 or S.H. Awakening Goku, they are both figures who once you pose you can't stop fiddling/playing around with, Honorable mention goes to figma Sakura since I've been waiting for MaxFac/GSC to figmatize her since the beginning of the line, was a bit disappointed that she didn't come with neutral face but the School girl version will fix it.

Probably figma Snake, prototype face vastly looked different from the mass produced version, I know that decomas are painted perfectly and I don't expect it to look that good in the final product but it still looks way different unlike other figma who looks like almost the same as their prototpye counter parts.

>Most hype toy for 2016
figma Sakura School version[NoSpoilerInToy]still waiting for figma Syaoran to be made[/NoSpoilerInToy]
>>
>>5371017
>Discussing Neca in a positive light
It's just as bad
>>
>Toy of the year
MMC Spartan/Impactor.
MY Tracks
>most hype toy for 2016
S.H. Figuarts Grievous, for whenever his release date will be announced.
>>
>>5371035
I want my cake, Bedelia!
>>
File: IMG_20150522_181558.jpg (1022KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150522_181558.jpg
1022KB, 1920x1920px
>>5370619
Adding an honorably mention to this. I totally forgot about Marvel Select Carnage. That thing was a shit ton of fun to pose around.
>>
>>5370528
Almost afraid to say Mezco Batman for fear that one autist will appear to derail the thread, but yeah. He was the best this year, on balance.

Honourable mentions to SHF FO Stormtrooper and Polynian Clover.

>Most disappointing

Hot Toys Raiden, but only because he's the least un-disappointing from a great haul this year. I'd still thoroughly recommend it if you loved the game and the character, but the engineering is so overly-ambitious and terrifyingly delicate vs their Iron Man figures I stuck the figure in a neutral-ish pose the day I received it, put it in a detolf and haven't touched it since. It's a beautiful thing but it's so delicate it may as well be a statue.

>Most hype for 2016

SH Figuarts Star Wars. I swore I'd never get back into SW collecting, but this line broke me when even Hot Toys couldn't. Amazing figures.

Honourable mention to Mezco Spock, here's hoping for Kirk and Bones too.
>>
>Best toy this year
I didn't really buy anything this year, so I guess Megabloks Elissa Bat? lol
>Most disappoint
SHF FO Stormtrooper, since I didn't get him yet
>Most hype for 2016
Figma Meiko (is she even scheduled for this year?) or Figuarts Phasma.
>>
>Toy of the year
Hmmm... Based on all metrics combined (cost, quality, aesthetics, accessories, availability), it's DCC BTAS Robin. Priced be damned, it's Mezco Batman by a country mile. Both were excellent.

SHF Android 16, no question. What a letdown.

>Most hype toy for 2016
SHF Bruce Lee.
>>
>>5371280
>SHF Android 16
He was the best dbz figure aside from awakening goku.
>>
>>5371280

I've seen a few complaints about Android 16 so far. What makes him bad?
>>
>>5371288
Only complaint I've seen is his proportions, how his short legs aren't accurate to the show. Don't know how that would warrant him the disappointment of the year.
>>
>>5370619
>>5371080
>Toy of the Year
>figma Saber 2.0
Mah ningens. An absolute beauty of a figure, that's for sure.

>>5370955 also knows what's up, as the AvP Preds are quite impressive pieces.

>Disappointment of the Year
Marvel Legends in general. The bar wasn't even that high in the first place, but Hasbro somehow managed to deliver even more suckage. Gummy joints, soft sculpts, and reused bodies galore (that fucking Bucky Cap mold, good fucking lord). Glad I've pulled the plug on the line already.

>Most Hype Toy for 2016
More SHF Star Wars characters. The line is finding its groove, slowly but surely.
>>
>Best
Mezco Batman. I know he's not everyone's favorite, but I think it's a ton of fun. Special mention to Neca's Ultimate Leatherface.

>Biggest Disappointment

Figuarts Ultimate Gohan. Happy he came with a new effect, but this had to be one of the laziest releases Bandai has done.

>Most Hype

SHF Beerus, Mezco Spock, also really interested in that Storm Collectibles' 1/12 Goro
>>
>>5371326
>Mezco Spock
Oh, damn. Didn't know this was actually a thing. Man, 2016 is gonna be a good year.
>>
>Best
The Silent Hill figmas.
Not the greatest range of movement, but the sculpt and paint are spot on, and I'm happy to see ANYTHING horror come out of figma.

>Biggest Disappointment
ML chameleon
Right arm peg a solid lump of plastic. Ended up breaking the nub off of the peg as the while thing is fused together. The back is covered in weird rough melted plastic marks like it was sat on something hot. Paint was off on every single one of the heads. Haven't had the heart to try to fix it as the right leg is also fused solid.

>Most Hype
Probably either the Figma God Hand (assuming they actually will be out this year), or the Link between Worlds Link figma
>>
>>5371374
>>Biggest Disappointment
>ML chameleon
You bought a fuckin dud. I have four with zero of those issues.
>>
File: mezco batman expert sniper.jpg (21KB, 800x423px) Image search: [Google]
mezco batman expert sniper.jpg
21KB, 800x423px
Again?

>Toy of the year
Mezco Batman
Mezco Batman for setting my expectations so high all other toys are a disappointment.
>Most hype toy for 2016
Mezco Batman
Maybe they'll reissue him and according to anons from the last thread, makes him eligible for 2016 TotY
>>
>>5370383
>Jakks is disappointment
You were expecting Hot Toys quality?

>>5370458
Rocketeer was my disappointment, but after seeing how much praise he gets, I have to assume I just got a runt.
>>
>Toy of the Year
Legends Nightbird. Silver paintjob and everything improve the look from Arcee.

I was never disappointed.

>Most hype toys of 2016
Many, including Figuarts Ranma and Bowser, Figma Dark Magician Girl, Nendoroid Kirby, Masterpiece Shockwave and Optimus Primal...
>>
>toy of the year
Satsuki figma
>disappointment of the year
Truforce X
>Most hype toy for 2016
Was Kazama Kiryu until I saw the photos of it. Now its SH figuarts Saiyan Armor Trunks.
>>
>>5371578
Oh god I totally agree on Trueforce X shit had so much potential.
>>
I've only started retrocollecting SHF DBZ this year so i've bought a lot of older figures.

Disappointment was Vegeto; such a bland fucking figure.

And like anon above me super hype for saiyan armor trunks.
>>
>>5371585
Yeah. The first concept art they made had me really fuckin hype. I just can't deal with that face and those proportions.
>>
File: Plastic Toy, Steel Queen.jpg (123KB, 550x800px) Image search: [Google]
Plastic Toy, Steel Queen.jpg
123KB, 550x800px
>Best
Figma Satsuki. Also incidentally the only figure made in 2015 I actually bought. Regardless, she's incredible.
>Most disappointing
Probably Transformers Combiner Wars Superion. Not because he's a bad toy (I actually like him a lot) but thanks to Hasbro's shitty distribution and the genius idea of omitting one of the Aerialbots from wave 1...meaning that thanks to wave 2 never being released in Europe, I can't actually complete Superion without paying scalper prices.

Dishonourable mention goes to Satsuki's Bakuzan, which was so horrendously warped on arrival that no amount of hot water or hairdryer would fix it and I had to plead GSC for a replacement. That was shitty, which is a shame as the rest of the figure was absolutely top-notch.
>>
>>Toy of the year
SAS Weather Report
>>Disappointment of the year
Figma Solid Snake
>>Most hype toy for 2016
SAS Whitesnake
>>
File: FIG-KAI-7934_09.jpg (68KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
FIG-KAI-7934_09.jpg
68KB, 800x800px
Tough call. I bought alot of toys this year but only opened a handful. Mafex Catwoman, BTAS Batman, Fireflight, Breakdown, FirstAid, Scattershot, Scarlet Witch.

Have to say Catwoman with Batman as the runner up. Unless RoadRage really wows me when EMS delivers her.
>>
>>5371625
Most hyped for 2016: Machine Robo. If they're phantoms, Ironhide or Figuarts Lupin and Fujiko. But there's still alot of 2016 to go.
>>
File: 1450008757709.jpg (18KB, 270x208px) Image search: [Google]
1450008757709.jpg
18KB, 270x208px
>Toy of the Year
SHF Kamen Rider Mach. Highly articulated. Balanced figure.
>Disappointment
Every Spiderman fig that had the articulation of a funko or had that one hand always in the 'web shooter' position. Its lame.
>Most Hype Toy of 2016
Figma Dark Magician Girl, SHF Kamen Rider Chaser, Ghost, and hopefully the rest of the Gaim Figuarts.
>>
So many purchases this year I can't remember. Either Pyramid Head or the Thinker.

Shinobu's figma was a disgrace.

Probably most looking forward to Polynian's Yume.
>>
>Toy of the year
Pic related. Underrated figure. Has all the articulation and sculpt of Joseph but doesn't get enough credit for it. Dio would probably have taken the spot if it weren't for his giraffe neck. Honorable mention goes to Figma Satsuki, best Figma I've had in ages.

Difficult to say since most of the stuff I bought was quite cool. I'm gonna say Masterpiece Tracks, but that's me being really picky.

>Most hype toy for 2016
Gaim SIC
>>
>>5371017
He rails on PAK figures pretty hard in some of his reviews though. He absolutely hated sneaking suit Venom Snake and seems very disappointed with their variant Captain America. He even put a couple in his most disappointing toys list.

Say what you want about him but he's my go-to for short, no-bullshit reviews. Compare him to someone like Shartimus Prime (you have to basically skip the first 90 seconds of his videos, every time a cringeworthy intro and equally cringeworthy BBTS advert) and then tell me he's a bad reviewer.
>>
Toy of the year

Combiner Wars Superion
It's a very good modernized toy of the old characters. It balances and holds poses well and the individual bots are just as good as the gestalt.

Disappointment of the year

Deluxe class Groove.
Slingshot and Wildrider got released.
Groove is a no-go? Fuck you, Hasbro.

Hype for 2016: Skylynx!
>>
>>5371685
I feel you, Jonathan was great.
>>
>>5370549
I wish I owned this
>>
>>5371847
Can't be that much more expensive now.
>>
File: CQACeOEUkAAwzDw.png (262KB, 600x720px) Image search: [Google]
CQACeOEUkAAwzDw.png
262KB, 600x720px
>>5370933
its Rumia from touhou. the artist is Yurim
>>
File: IMG_1704 (1280x911).jpg (488KB, 1280x911px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1704 (1280x911).jpg
488KB, 1280x911px
Both Best and Most Disappointing all in one.. Best because it's still better than all the rest, disappointing because it's tough to stand and with some less than ideal QC.

Most excited for next year? Probably Snake Mountain, if that happens.
>>
>TOTY 2015

Defining Moments Sting. Coat was done well for once, hair doesn't hinder articulation, good sculpt.

>Disappointment of the Year

figma Snake, not because it's necessarily a bad figure, but that weird double-jointed torso mechanism made mine a floppy jalopy really quickly. And I preordered the exclusive version so it was a bummer.

>Hype for '16

The only thing I have preordered is Megahouse REX so probably that. Also that Target exclusive Heenan Family set.
>>
File: 20160101_131236.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160101_131236.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>5370371
Toy of the year?

6" metroid, it is everything I ever wished it would be.

Disappointment of the year?

actaully GETTING a fucking 6" metroid, took me seven months to get it at retail price, after 7 canceled/refunded orders from TRU and various retailers.
>>
>>5370868
>Figma Rin Shibuya 2.0, moving her arms made the paint on her shoulders peel.
sounds like a defect. Mine's fine.
>>
File: FIGURE-013352.jpg (56KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-013352.jpg
56KB, 600x600px
>Toy of the year
Toss up between figuarts battle droid and figma Pyramid Head. The battle droid isn't perfect, but it's so damn fun to fiddle around with. I suppose NECA Godzilla '54 is also up there
Just the whole fucking Funko Skyrim and Fallout lines. I was so hyped for them and not only did we only get two from each, but they were pretty shit. I'm not sure whether I'm more disappointed with the lone wanderer for being the most shitty, or the power armor for being the one I was most excited for. Marvel Legends Kraven was also a massive disappointment.

>Most hype toy for 2016.
With a release date; Nendo Kirby. Also hype for figma Yugi and Figuarts Beerus
Without a release date; Motherfucking figuarts Grievous
>>
File: tumblr_nyrk4w42pn1qjbpgco1_500.jpg (44KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyrk4w42pn1qjbpgco1_500.jpg
44KB, 500x500px
>>5370371
>Toy of the Year
#1 has to go to the SAS Ajin. Fucking love this figure.
Honorable mentions go out to 1000toys CarB, Hot Toys Marty, Creatureplica Rougarou, Figma Nurse, Movie Realization Storm Trooper, and the Takeya Jizai Okimono.
Original Effect Hi-Rirdine. Real shame, but at least from what I hear, things should be shaping up better.
>Most Hype toy for 2016
ThreeZero Caiman because I want that thick lizard dick.
>>
File: FIGURE-014601_07.jpg (43KB, 800x542px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-014601_07.jpg
43KB, 800x542px
>TOTY
I really want to say RD God Gundam because I didn't pick him up until this year, but other than that I'm not sure, nothing I picked up was super stand out. figma Tohsaka Rin 2.0 was pretty damn nice.

>DOTY
Definitely Funko Legacy Fallout figures. I didn't expect much of them after the hilariously bad Magic line, but god damn they did their best to make shit figures.

>2016 Hype
Robot Damashii Char's Zaku II ver. A.N.I.M.E. Looks good, looks like it's got plenty of articulation, and GOD DAMN those accessories.
>>
>>5372160
>I didn't expect much of them after the hilariously bad Magic line, but god damn they did their best to make shit figures.
Honestly, I did expect better just because the Evolve line looked really good visually. If only they could put that sort of work into the appearance of their figures while also not having such shit QC.
>>
File: SDCC-2013-DC-Collectibles-002.jpg (108KB, 1061x1600px) Image search: [Google]
SDCC-2013-DC-Collectibles-002.jpg
108KB, 1061x1600px
>Toy of the year
Rerelease of DC collectible Greg Capullo Batman, the perfect batman figure to be released so far.

Mezco Batman... literally the most overpriced and overrated figure I handled as a 10 years plus collector. I serious think people write good reviews because they had to pay scalper prices

>Most hype toy for 2016
Designer series Greg Capullo Wonderwoman
>>
OAFE confirmed for having great taste

http://www.oafe.net/articulation/1512.php
>>
>>5372260
That better be irony nigga.
>>
>>5372298
Nope
>>
>>5372254
You're a faggot the capullo bat is trash, all that POA is useless because the ROM is pathetic. The mezco bays is a thousand times better. If this is bait you did a great job youhadme/10.
>>
File: FIG-DOL-8442 (1).jpg (59KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FIG-DOL-8442 (1).jpg
59KB, 600x600px
I think I'm going to have to go with the new Assault Lily.

Huge improvements in the body, including wrist and ankle articulation, incredibly improved design and concept, and the price hasn't skyrocketed like Figmas. In fact, the new Custom Lily is the same price as some recent Figmas (Shinden Miyafuji anyone?) while it's a much higher quality. In fact the only complaint I have is that they haven't released the body separately yet so I can't update my older toys with them.

Frame Arms Stylet is a close second with how much the FAG girls took the toy scene by storm this year.
>>
>>5372308
Lol it's called having an opinion kid and not everyone is going to have yours
>>
>>5371999
what is that tube made out of?
>>
>>5372353
found a cheap-ass fish tank at walmart today for like 30 bucks, even comes with a LED on the top! forget the name, already threw out the box, but if you have a large-larger walmart near you just run in and grab the small cylinder fish tank in the pet section.

seriously solved like a month of me trying different things that didn't look like total shit. (i have no custom skill or imagination, so it's REALLY hard for me to make stuff).
>>
>>5372336

Or maybe >>5372254 is ridiculously hyperbolic and silly
>>
>>5372543
Or maybe you are a child and think anyone who disagree with you sightly is just a troll.
I bet you reported his post right? Because you didn't like it?
I won't be surprisd if it gets deleted
>>
>>5372402
oh fuck thats awesome. i was gonna make one from scratch but this will be much cheaper. thanks mang
>>
>>5372067
whats up with kraven? ive had my eye on one at toys r us but im trying to stop buying legends
>>
>>5372625
Of course not you touchy retard. Reports are for things that break the rules, not things you don't like, dipshit.
>>
>>5371999
Are you the anon that I suggested that to? If so I'm glad it worked out for you.
>>
>>5372675
Lol I'm not the one being touchy kiddo and I'm not the one who pointed fingers calling posts I don't like baits
Lol
>>
>Toy of the year
Toss up between CW Hot Spot and Figma Sinon for me. Just two figures that I generally couldn't stop messing with once I got them for months. Honorable mention goes to Neca's 1994 Godzilla, who I only got to picking up this year despite being released last year.

Mezco's MKX line. Not because any of the figures were bad, because they were actually pretty great. No, it's more because the line is ending with wave 2 for no reason I can tell and most of the cast won't be done.

>Most hype toy of 2016
Probably Figuarts Orga, just for being able to finish off my Faiz riders.
>>
>Toy of the year
Combiner Wars Superion. Once I completed him, it was like being a kid again. No other toys other than completed Combiners made me feel as good. A completely built Hulkbuster was close, though.

Motormaster/Optimus hips, and so many Alpha Bravo repaints/remolds.

>Most hype toy for 2016
Legends Red Onslaught with the Rogue's Magneto head.
>>
>>5372800
Also close for Toy of the Year was fucking Pizza Spidey. The half-mask head hasn't left his body yet and my god, it's so goofy, I love it.

Best BAF part goes to Rhino's yelling head. It's so, so, so great.
>>
File: IMG_4896.jpg (326KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4896.jpg
326KB, 1600x1200px
Best for 2015
UW devastator. Just because i have waited so long for an official devy and its huge and fun.

Disappointment of 2015
Star wars black series rey. Paint looks like shit, articulation is alright but the paint kills it. I would kills for a figma or SHF rey.

Most hyped for in 2016
UW Bruticus. Or titan wars Galvatron.
>>
>TOTY
Figma Thinker

>DOTY
Figuarts Hulk, thank god i didnt get it

>Most Hype
Figuarts Freddy Mercury
>>
>>5372936
>Figuarts Hulk, thank god i didnt get it
A lot of people breathed a sigh of relief after missing the pre-orders and sweating over whether or not they'd get it. Probably a lot like the people that skipped the figma Bruce Lee.
>>
>>5372989
>>5372936
I was looking to buy him. What's bad about him compared to the Figma version?
>>
>>5373089
The Hulk? Or Bruce Lee? Sorry, not sure which one you mean.
>>
>>5373094
Fuck, I was talking about Hulk. My fault.
>>
>>5373133
No worries. Most people just didn't like that the SHF Hulk was much more cartoony than they were expecting in the face, and that the skin tone was almost too hyper saturated. There's nothing necessarily wrong with those attributes, but it wasn't what a lot of people wanted as far as a representation of a movie-specific design went. Nobody is really sure how the figma is going to stack up when it's released, but it seems like from the promo pictures it has been getting a much warmer reception.
>>
>FIGURE(S) OF THE YEAR
RPT and Nurses holy fuck they are so fun. Saber 2.0 was also a nice one.

>DOTY
Figuarts Hulk

>Hyped about
Sherlock Hound figma

>>5372989
But figma Bruce Lee is quite amazing. His alternative faceplates kinda sucks, but his body is was better than the Figuarts one
>>
>>5373155
>but his body is was better than the Figuarts one
There's bound to be many comparative side by side shots of the two by next month so that will be the ultimate judgement. But without the SHF being released yet I would be hesitant to put the figma ahead in any fashion.
>>
>>5372634
If you think he's fine after seeing him in person, go for it. What you see is what you're getting. But there was just a huge difference in the promo shots, which looked amazing, and the actual product and it really turned me off. Of course you can never expect the actual product to be as good as the promos, but usually it isn't as drastic of a difference as this one. The actual figure doesn't even have the lion's nose painted in the right spot.
>>
>>5373155
>his body is was better than the Figuarts one
Only thing it has going for it is that the figma's body doesn't have the weird shells around where the shoulders connect to the body. Aside from that, I'll wait until in-hand comparison pics come out on 2ch or something.
>>
File: tumblr_npx7tvvgD61rkutw5o2_1280.jpg (1MB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npx7tvvgD61rkutw5o2_1280.jpg
1MB, 1280x1280px
>>5371617
>>Figma Solid Snake
>>Disappointment

Shit taste detected.
>>
>>5373089
I've got him and I actually do like him. He's a bulky large figure with some really good articulation for a character with his mass. That being said, it doesn't surprise me that some people would call him DOTY. His face makes a decent generic comic/cartoon Hulk, but it looks NOTHING like Ruffalo. Also as much as I enjoy his weight, he's still a bit on the small side for a Hulk.

From what we've seen of the figma, I would totally prefer that over the figuarts if a) it had a torso joint and b) it didn't cost twice as much as the figuarts.
>>
>>5373194
In that pose his arms make him look like he's being sucked into a black hole.
>>
File: IMG_0274[1].jpg (1MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0274[1].jpg
1MB, 3024x3024px
>>5373155
I tell people this all the time! Plus, the promo photos kinda suck but once you get him in hand he's pretty awesome.

I sat on this for about an hour while watching Hall Pass. Pls don't judge.

Figure of the Year:
Satzbatz Knight, followed by Satsuki (figmas, the both of them)

Disappointment of the Year:
Terry Bogard D-Arts. I know he didn't come out this year, but I got him this year and man was I let down.

Hyped about:
Figma Yugi, I suppose?
>>
>>5373194
>MGS2 Snake
>MGS1 Background
Bleh

For gods sake Max Factory, make MGS1 Snake already.
>>
>>5373155
>>5373200
He's a good figure when you realize he's made to fit in with Figma's mostly anime-dominant releases and not trying to be a straight-up shrunken-down Bruce Lee. It's not as jarring to have him fight some boat girls, Guyver, and what-not.
>>
>>5370979
LEGO Grevious was my favorite X-Mas present. Looks so awesome.
>>
>>5372700
no, but appears to be a happy coincidence, I haven't really checked into /toy for months because of work and actually hunting down a goddamn metroid to put INTO a tank.

if I had seen your previous post - I definitely would not have spent like a month of my free time trying to make something!
>>
File: IMG_20151010_122333.jpg (497KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151010_122333.jpg
497KB, 3264x2448px
didn't buy a lot this year

>Toy of the year
Shodo Kamen Rider VS.

none, I guess

>Most hype toy for 2016
More Shodo Kamen Rider VS
>>
>>5372155
oh i forgot to get ajin.
as a posible first SAS, how is it? when i saw him on pre-orders in amiami, it said about two versions, what gives? are the accesories still intact or do i have to cross my fingers to get the one with the monster head if i buy him?
>>
>>5373370
As far as I know, I don't remember anything saying there was two versions. It comes with different heads if thats what you're talking about. Just know that he's big as fuck and his accessories are sized appropriately. Personally, the best articulated SAS I have, but I don't have all that many to begin with. The sculpt and painting are top notch. The only issue I really have with it is that some of the joints feel a bit loose, but you can tighten them up with some floor polish if you need to.
>>
>>5373370
He's technically two different characters since they are virtually identical aside from the head.
>>
>>5372700
that was probably me. i posted in a nintendo general a few weeks ago talking about making my own
>>
File: Yume-image-4.jpg (40KB, 367x600px) Image search: [Google]
Yume-image-4.jpg
40KB, 367x600px
>TotY
Impossible to say.
>Disappointment
3A Master Chief
>Hype
pic realated
>>
>>5371542
>You were expecting Hot Toys quality?
I wasn't expecting nothing, got it on sale, and I was still disappointed. The mini Arwing was the best part, and even that was subpar.
>>
>>5373577
Disappointed in the SF figure too. Every single one I've seen has terribly scratched paint.

Now that I think of it, I'm not sure if I dislike Funko or Jakks more
>>
>>5373607
Jakks isn't as expensive as Funko's crap. Plus less likely to break.
>>
File: 1449201000677.gif (890KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
1449201000677.gif
890KB, 500x351px
>>5373194
>if you don't like what I like you have shit taste
>tumblr
Wew, you almost got me there.
>>
>>5370371
>Toy of the year
SOC Gaogaigar
Dynamite Action Grendizer
>Most hype toy for 2016
FT Willis
>>
>>5371281
No.
>>5371288
>>5371294
Out of scale AND bad proportions.
>>
>>5372299
But great != shit.
>>
File: item_0000011243_qiaHMELI_03.jpg (104KB, 534x752px) Image search: [Google]
item_0000011243_qiaHMELI_03.jpg
104KB, 534x752px
>Toy of the year
Fgima Yu Narukami

Figuarts Ultimate Gohan

>Most hype toy for 2016
Aikatsu Figuarts
>>
>>5373607
Jakks has to pander to kids. Funko's just trying to pull money from what's suddenly popular.

In between that is Jazwares.
>>
File: toty.jpg (473KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
toty.jpg
473KB, 1600x1200px
>Toy of the year
Iron Factory Evil Lord

PAK Iron Man (yeah, I know, I know...)

>Most hype toy for 2016
SH Figuarts Freddy Mercury, Legends-size 3rd party TFs.
>>
>>5370371
>>Toy of the year
4H Raven/Vulture 2pack
>>Disappointment of the year
I made less money this year than any year previous, which is disappointing on a lot of levels, but meant I skipped a lot of figures.
>>Most hype toy for 2016
Mythic Legions and Fwoosh Ninjas
>>
>>5370371
>Toy of the year
FAG Styleto
not sure
>Most hype toy for 2016
3A mk power armor
>>
>>5370977
I would pay to watch him get hit in the teeth with a baseball bat, and then a bus. Hell, I'd pay twice.
>>
>>5374623
>getting this mad at someone who reviews chinese dolls
Shit bruv get a grip.
>>
OP here, surprised that my thread has grown this much! I forgot to put in my picks so here they are.
>ToTY
For me it was definitely Mezco's Judge Dredd. I managed to get the Previews Exclusive version and it's really phenomenal how much love was put into this. I'd have said Mezco Bats if I'd gotten my hands on one, most likely.
>Honorable Mentions
Figma Pyramid Head was an absolute delight as well as the Revolmini Venom Snake for sheer fun.
>DoTY
TruForce X, while a great representation of Megaman and probably the best quality X out there, just feels a bit too pricey and I felt the LED in the buster was kind of gimmicky.
>2016
Looking forward to the next figma Link, and even though it came out this year I'm hoping to get my hands on a 3A Judge Death to go with Dredd.
>>
>>5374327
>3A mk Power Armor

Take this from someone who is also excited for this, it'll be announced for sure but most likely not released until the following year.

>also be prepared to sell your organs for it
>>
>>5370458
Funko Rocketeer sucks ass
>>
>>5370400
Palpatine was so bad. I will never buy a black series again.
>>
>>5371080
I can only find the awakening goku with blonde hair, where is the black version from?
>>
>>5375408
They're just using either the Super Cyan Goku's extra head or the normal Goku head.
>>
>>5375408
In order to get it you have to be signed up with the super exclusive secret HLJ site, not the normal one.
>>
>>5375083
>Figma Pyramid Head was an absolute delight as well as the Revolmini Venom Snake for sheer fun.
Oh man, I agree on Pyramid Head! I got him early December and he's so fun to pose. Amazing figure!
>>
>>5371158
I wish his scale was better. How does he look crouching next to that Venom? Still way too tall?
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.