[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Carded Vs Displayed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: $_1.jpg (27KB, 283x400px) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
27KB, 283x400px
How do you keep your toys?
>>
>>5365715

Displayed or put away. No one has ever said "Wow, that guy has all those toys MIB on his walls! He must really have his shit together and isn't creepy at all!"
>>
>>5365724
This is called psychological projection, seek help
>>
>>5365715
Depends. If the card is really attractive and the figure has limited articulation, I'll put 'em on the wall. If in a collector friendly box, I might leave 'em displayed or pose 'em somewhere.

I've been getting further and further away from carded figures on the wall because they take up too much room. Same with storage.
>>
Um, out of the box like a normal person. Only fags keep theor toys MIB
>>
>>5365753
>like a normal person
Normal people don't buy toys for themselves.
>>
>>5365748

No, you're right. You take someone into your room, it's wall-to-wall MIB carded boxes. You really think anyone would realistically say "Gee anon, you're not a horder at all, and it's totally cool you have all these playthings and never play with them."

No. It's more like "This is kind of pathetic."
>>
File: roach3.png (314KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
roach3.png
314KB, 800x600px
Out of the box.

Card board packaging attracts roaches.
>>
>>5365759

Calm down, your aggressiveness is showing.

OP unless it's at least 30 years old it's worthless carded, so open that shit
>>
>>5365715
I don't just keep it carded, I take it a step further and whenever I get a model kit, I display all the unassembled runners on the wall so everyone knows I keep things in pristine condition.
>>
File: 20150717_221245.jpg (106KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
20150717_221245.jpg
106KB, 480x800px
Generally opened and on display amid matching figures. Maybe if a card has a good design on it and can fit next to or in a display area I might.
>>
>>5365715

I just do a video review for Youtube bucks then toss them in the rubbish bin.
>>
>>5365763
Fuck, really?
>>
File: asdfadsfadsf.jpg (44KB, 283x400px) Image search: [Google]
asdfadsfadsf.jpg
44KB, 283x400px
>>5365715

for some reason i end up cutting packages open like in the pic, forming a clamshell type package so i can store the toy if needed.

Then about a month later, then throw the package away anyways.

every time.
>>
>>5367096
This.

Sometimes I'm happy enough with just acquiring something, but it eventually comes out. Most of the fun is learning the quirks of figure, what kind of display options can be done etc.

Seeing a figure locked up in it's stock pose is maddening. Can't get everything for it's "value". Life is too short not to spend time playing and posing with what you bought.
>>
My only "intended" carded figures are my amiibo as I like the packaging plus it protects them.

All others that are still carded or boxes are due to lack of room space so I can stick them into boxes easier while protecting the figure.

In some cases if the figure is strong enough I'll rip them free first then cram them in the cupboard.
>>
>>5367263
>I like the packaging plus it protects them.
>protecting the figure
>if the figure is strong enough I'll rip them free

Do you seriously believe most toys are going to crumble by themselves if you remove them from the packaging or something? And you're also talking about amiibos, those things are simple as fuck and the paint detailing is pretty crap to begin with, there's no need to be afraid of removing them from the box.
>>
>>5365715
No boxes for me, i like messing around with the figures + it takes much less room to just store them in on box for transportation, should i require it.
>>
>>5365759
Bro, you post on 4chans toy board. I can't imagine that you are any more psychologically stable than someone that keeps their toys MIB.
>>
I keep them neatly stored away and take out what ever I want to play with or display, usually 3-5 figures at a time. All boxes go straight into the recycling bin where they belong.
>>
>>5367087
Roaches, silverfish, and a few other bugs are attracted to sucrose, the compound found in paper and card. Pine wood keeps them away, though. The smell deters them.
>>
Keep them in your heart.
Sell the physical vessel for cash.
>>
>>5367263
The packaging materials are intended to protect your toys for it's shelf life of 2~3 years. They will rot away earlier than your toys.
>Bubble plastic will turn yellow
>Elastic bands will dry and crack
>Cardboard will discolor

The worst are the elastic bands, as they dry up, they will leech any paint under it, directly damaging the toy.
>>
>>5368635

Actually I do dioramas. I display a few of them creatively and then put them away. I may have come off a bit harsh, but I still stand by the fact a well-displayed collection looks way better than basically your-own-private-comic-shop with everything carded.
>>
I take everything out of box but if the box can be flattened I save it. If you ever resell stuff you nearly always get more for it if you can put it back in the box.

I still can't belive I made over $250 on a monster high doll I sold put back in box. Every once and a while you get lucky.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.