[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

REMINDER: LEGO Company Hates You

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: tumblr_n01pjcQn4t1sr9lkko1_1280.jpg (158KB, 786x769px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n01pjcQn4t1sr9lkko1_1280.jpg
158KB, 786x769px
Don't forget, LEGO thinks you're ruining their toy line for kids.

You are the villain.
>>
But I'd let my son play with all of my LEGO if he was possessed of even a fraction of talent and imagination as Finn.

I'd just teach him to respect what I made and ask before changing it, just as he'd want me to do with his creations, surely.
>>
>>4538560
>You are the villain.
One step closer to My life goals.
>>
i don't super glue my lego blocks together.
>>
>>4538586

Are you mad? What if a toddler comes along and takes them apart to.build kludgey garbage?
>>
>>4538599
Why would a toddler be at my house?
>>
>>4538622

Anyone under 18 = Toddler.
>>
>>4538560
I've realized this the first time a kid of a friend tried to get my toys to play with and I wouldn't give them to him and he started crying.

I won't let my own kids play with MY toys either. They get their own.
>>
>>4538715
Why would a toddler be in my house?
>>
>>4538849
>implying the dad was wrong for collecting Lego and not for letting his son have fun
>implying the point of the dad wasn't acknowledging and embracing the fact that adults collect
>implying the point of the movie wasn't learning to have fun in a new way and becoming a better person
>implying that scene didn't make me cry a little
>>
The kid clearly has no respect for its parents or the rules. He probably is a trouble maker in school too.
>>
File: 1398520801109.png (370KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1398520801109.png
370KB, 600x500px
>>4538560
>>
>>4538948

Little shit needed to get a paper round and buy his own laygoes.
>>
>>4539048

In a proper end, everyone would be fleeing as the dad beats the kid and he flails into the city crushing things godzilla style.
>>
>>4539060
This better be in Lego Movie 2.

>>4538560
Retards are the villain according to the movie. I would have thought people glueing Lego is some kind of science-fiction movie idea but there were quite a few people coming out in different threads how their relatives glued their Lego.
Fucking Americans, man. I bet they glue the wheels, too.
>>
>>4539109

I don't glue my Lego but age has made me incapable of being creative and I don't want to break up my sets :/
>>
>>4539241
I think it's less "Age lowers creativity" and more "Parts are highly specialized" in a lot of modern sets. It's easier to be creative when you've got a bunch of 2x4 blocks than it is when you've got an X-Wing with all sorts of specialized parts, stickers, etc.
>>
File: Glue.jpg (86KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
Glue.jpg
86KB, 1000x800px
Now I am become death.
>>
>>4539241

What's the obstacle, here? If it's keeping track of parts, there are a few options.

I'm mainly a set builder and collector, but I do occasionally MOC. Since I don't have the space to display the 300+ sets I own (many are polybags, so I ain't boasting), they get stored in resealable freezer bags or food containers until I feel like building them again. Inventories on sites like Bricklink / Brickshelf / MOCpages / BaseBrick are useful for keeping track of the pieces you have.

One thing these sites won't help with, is the primal desire to just tip everything out on the floor and just start sticking things together without a care. This may be an inescapable aspect of adulthood, though. Or maybe my OCD is worse than I thought.
>>
>>4539241
I don´t get this Mocing of things out of your own imagination either. For me it´s more about finding the right parts to do a perfect recreation of something you have seen in a movie or in real life. Always when people are "creative" it´s something really boring looking like Creator set robot designs.
>>
>>4539264
>Brickshelf

BrickSET, even

>>4539279
>Always when people are "creative" it´s something really boring looking like Creator set robot designs.

I'm not fussed on the /lg/ focus on robuttz, but I can still see inspiring part usage going on. Plus, it's infinitely better than having whole generals descend into SWfags moaning about prints, or complaining about the availability of capeshit polybags.
>>
>>4538560
Other building block brands' licenses
>Mario
>Skylanders
>Pac-Man '14
>Halo series
>Pokemon

Lego's licenses
>Star Wars
>one TV show
>Star Wars
>"A flavor of the day" movie
>Star Wars reissues

i agree
>>
>>4539621
> Star Wars
> shitty box office bombs
> The Clone Wars
> a single fucking wave of Harry Potter with barely anything related to the new movies
> Star Wars Rebels
> one and a half waves of LOTR, a fucking decade too late and without anything about the only good battle
> Star Wars The Old Republic
> Marvel (but nothing actually related to the good movies)
> DC (but only if it´s Batman related)
> Star Wars Expanded Universe

FTFY
>>
>>4539642
are you upset megabloks doesn't have the license for them so they can make articulated micro figures?
>>
>>4539642
> a single fucking wave of Harry Potter with barely anything related to the new movies

You're fucking kidding, right? 50 sets, spanning 10 years from 2001 to 2011.
I agree with you on LOTR, though. That second wave pretty much sucked No Balrog, no Witch King(not counting the shitty Hobbit one) and no SAURON! Worst part, not a single fucking Gondorian structure or soldier.
I can't remember a license Lego have handled as bad as this.
>>
>>4540516
Lotr is unprofitable, stop crying.
>>
>>4540519
That's funny, because the first wave sold out like crazy here, Shelob being the slowest moving one. Helms Deep would almost constantly sell out within a few days, except at stores with a massive markup.

Wave 2 made it unprofitable, because it was disjointed and shit. Wizard Battle was redundant thanks to Isengard coming out at the same time.
Rivendell was average, not bad but not great, and with another fucking Gimli.
The Black Gate was half the gate, so you had to buy 2 and then find a way to offload the non army builders.
And the Corsair was a colossal waste made just to cater to the Pirate fans. It would have been ok if it had a Minas Tirith for it to set the battle at, but without the white city, it's a fucking waste. And ANOTHER FUCKING GIMLI!

Nah, Lego fucked up. It may not have made as much profit as Star Wars does, but it made a profit, otherwise they would have shitcanned LOTR and Hobbit after one wave like they did with Prince of Persia.
>>
File: 1309915602936.jpg (6KB, 185x180px) Image search: [Google]
1309915602936.jpg
6KB, 185x180px
>>4539037
>someone saved my image
>>
>>4539241
I played a lot of music as a kid and play in bands and shit now so maybe as a result I've stayed creative? I don't seem to have missed a beat from being a kid to now. Now I actually can formulate my creative ideas better and accomplish them. I didn't think loss of creativity was an issue for people. Maybe I'm fortunate.
>>
>>4541053

Well, to be fair I also probably have a severe case of depression.
>>
>>4541055
You may be more creative than you are giving yourself credit. A lot of the time creativity comes with that territory and you may just be hard on yourself.
>>
File: 20141119_220451~01.jpg (126KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
20141119_220451~01.jpg
126KB, 600x800px
>>4538560

Your amazing MOC will.never be featured in the LEGO Club magazine.
>>
>>4541802
Sure it will. I'll just get my little sister to pose with it.
>>
>>4538560
I actually kind of wish kids wouldn't play with Lego's so they aren't associated with me.
>>
>>4540516
There was no problem with the first three films but film four getting 4 sets?
Did it turn out that the classroom sets and smaller Hogwarts add-ons didn´t sell or why did they completely take those away and still made those 100 dollar castles?
Fifth movie should have gotten its own wave with a set for the invisible horses, multiple sets about the infiltration of the archive and something with that troll. Instead they made the yearly castle and threw in Umbridge, the horses and a single Death Eater.
Sixth movie was utterly fucked because nothing happened but they still could have tried with Dumbledore and Harry on Zombie island. I bet that would have made a great set.
And then the first wave of the seventh book were exclusively remakes with only a handful of the characters that were missing and the last wave was that shitty bridge with the biology teacher, because she was so necessary, a shitty tree and a remake of the Knight bus. The last movies had more than enough stuff to base an entire wave on with all that shit in the background of the battle.
>>
File: 0ec.jpg (31KB, 599x563px) Image search: [Google]
0ec.jpg
31KB, 599x563px
>>4538560
http://lego.fluidsurveys.com/s/Q4_2014/

b-but they don't care about AFOLs
>>
>>4542547

> Reasons you stopped using LEGO
> My partner/spouse did not approve.
> Partner/Spouse
> Partner

Fucking DROPPED
>>
>>4542611
What?

My business partner didn't approve of all our profits being sunk into the block market.
>>
>>4541802
>dino bones
It looks like that guy in the general doing a shitton of dino skeletons finally got somewhere.
>>
I thought that the moral of the movie was if you want to enjoy lego the way you like as an adult don't have kids
>>
>>4542905
I wish.

His are much nicer than mine.
>>
>>4538560
Not from this board but I felt like mixing it up today, what happened or what did I miss?
>>
>>4539621
>Pokemon building blocks
Source?
Also, you forgot Call of Dewdy
>>
>>4544977

Spoilers from the LEGO movie but basically, the movie is secretly.some kid playing with his dad's lego collection and the dad is the villain because he wants to.build a nice city and not fuck it up with kid shit that doesn't look like anything.
>>
>>4545367
They're making another movie?
Thanks for the response.
>>
>>4539279

The Autism is strong in this one.
>>
>>4545378

>They're making another movie?

Two more, they're already in the works.
>>
>>4545427
>>4545427
Jebus Chrost
>>
We used to glue my nephew's Megabloks together. It was because the flat pieces were always slightly warped and glue was the only way the fucking things would hold together.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.