[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok toys, /k/ommando anon here. What is the general consensus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 16

File: toy4.jpg (97KB, 900x450px) Image search: [Google]
toy4.jpg
97KB, 900x450px
Ok toys, /k/ommando anon here.
What is the general consensus about army men here ?
>>
we love halo
>>
>>4537032
They're great. Staples of any healthy childhood. Anyone that didn't have them must be some sort of slack jawed faggot. But after you get done blowing them up as a teen they kind of fall off the radar unless you're hit by some nostalgia binge. No articulation is a huge demerit, and the cheap quality kind of goes against everything most collectors seek so they're not exactly common around here. They still kick ass though.
>>
>>4537099
>>4537099
This.
>>
File: marx-navarone-play-set-3.jpg (333KB, 1600x1516px) Image search: [Google]
marx-navarone-play-set-3.jpg
333KB, 1600x1516px
This was always my holy grail as a kid. Guns of Navarone play set. Check out the dude buyin it and his helmet flying off. Had amazing poses and variety of army men. US troops, green, Germans, grey.
>>
I love the little guys. I have some on my desk at work. Great desk accessories for anyone in an office.
>>
File: first 2013 008.jpg (4MB, 4928x3264px) Image search: [Google]
first 2013 008.jpg
4MB, 4928x3264px
>>4537032
>>/tg/ Still does it. Its like army men, but with more asburg- I mean, with rules and more elaborate models.
>>
File: image098.jpg (188KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
image098.jpg
188KB, 1200x900px
>>4537032
I don't see many people truly passionate about army men, most such threads get a few replies tops before sinking into oblivion. They were among my first toys and I've enjoyed them all my life, still have a substantial collection even after recently selling off about 40 percent heh.

>>4537099
>No articulation is a huge demerit

If you're lacking in imagination maybe.
>>
>>4537205
>If you're lacking in imagination maybe.
Welcome to /toy/
>>
File: IMG_7657.jpg (89KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7657.jpg
89KB, 1200x900px
>>4537249
I'm well aware.
>>
I don't think I ever owned these as a kid. I played with them at other kids' houses, but never actually had a set of my own.
>>
>>4537286
Any particular reason why not, they weren't expensive or hard to find.
>>
>>4537118
I had that as a kid...well, just the rockface anyway. It was a hand-me down from older siblings so all the pieces were long gone. That said, it still made a great backdrop for every toy I ever played with as a kid, including the little green army men I had tons of.
>>
Rubbery statueshit. GTFO
>>
File: army-men-push-forward.jpg (149KB, 545x409px) Image search: [Google]
army-men-push-forward.jpg
149KB, 545x409px
>>4537355

>>Plastic army men
>>Rubber

Are you touched in the head? Or did you suffer a head wound in battle?
>>
>>4537359
It's low quality bait. One could maybe argue OP's image is of Japanese statues but they're actually made in China, or Taiwan, or Hong Kong, anywhere but Japan.
>>
File: armyman.jpg (32KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
armyman.jpg
32KB, 250x250px
GI Joes and MegaBlok soldiers are superior, because you don't need to have any trash tier soldiers unless you want to pose them like this
>>
>>4537294
I think my mom just wouldn't buy me any. She probably thought they were either too violent or too crappy for me to play with. I had a lot of JP dinosaurs and Lego instead, so I was fine with it.
>>
See, the reason why army men are great is because of their quantity. If you have ONLY one as a toy, it's not very interesting, but if you've got 3, 5, 10, etc, you get bigger and bigger scenes. Hell, you can set up stories in a few moments because they're pre-posed. It's one of the few times statues are acceptable.
>>
File: IMG_1070.jpg (108KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1070.jpg
108KB, 1024x768px
>>4537478
>this guy gets it
>>
File: micro machine army dio.jpg (178KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
micro machine army dio.jpg
178KB, 640x478px
>>4537478
>poorfag excuse
meh.
I literally have thousands of GI Joes, so quantity has nothing to do with my like of army men.

Or rather, i like even smaller ones.
The only part you're right about is that you can do bigger scenes. I love Micro Machine sized army men the most because you can do a lot of diorama pieces easily in that scale and find compatible stuff for them.
Also, there's far fewer worthless poses in this scale as well.

Anyone remember or know about those gray, brown and green army men that are about 1/4th of an inch tall?
I really loved these, since they had more detail than most modern green army men do. I got them at Target in the late 80s or early 90s, back when they had a cheap aisle with bags of plastic army men and robots.
>>
>>4537502
>lacking imagination excuse
meh.
>>
File: IMG_7685.jpg (123KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7685.jpg
123KB, 1200x900px
>>4537502
I might still have that MM set, I had so many back in the day but then the line died and now most of my playsets are gone, lost in transit or to accidents.
>>
These are my favorites, I only bought one bag but I wish I had gotten more. They are 8 to a bag and there is even a chase red Char Zaku that I was lucky enough to score.
>>
>>4537174
asperg*
>>
File: zaku.jpg (28KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
zaku.jpg
28KB, 640x480px
>>4537905
forgot photo
>>
>>4537502
Not sure where you're coming from with 'poorfag'. 'Lazyfag', perhaps, because you get a mass of preposed soldiers all ready and waiting to do their thing on the playfield.

And yeah, you're right in loving the Micro Machine soldiers. I miss when we were miniaturizing everything, then people went safety-first on toys and that went out the fucking window.
>>
I can't wait to get like 20 bags of these fuckers for 10 bucks and start having wars with my nephew.

>>4537912
HOLY SHIT I NEED TEN MILLION
>>
File: Micro Machine stormtroopers.jpg (53KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
Micro Machine stormtroopers.jpg
53KB, 500x335px
>>4537928
>army men are great is because of their quantity.
Screams poorfag to me

>people went safety-first on toys and that went out the fucking window.
When did this ever happen? Those "safety-first" rules had been in place way before Galoob started making Micro Machnes.
AFAIK, they stopped making Micro Machines because of the general disinterest in tiny cars and other minis.

So no one knows about those brown, gray, and green soldiers that were about 1/4" of an inch tall? Only a bit taller than Micro Machine soldiers, but way more detailed. Sold in Targets in the late 80s or early 90s.
>>
>>4538342
>using the term poorfag

Stay pleb
>>
They also have a decent scale for toys of kaiju. There not quite small enough but still cool.
>>
>>4538342
I have some in about that size but they are a lot older than what your talking about. Mine were from like the 60s
>>
File: britishmkihelmet12dc.jpg (211KB, 502x709px) Image search: [Google]
britishmkihelmet12dc.jpg
211KB, 502x709px
>>4538362
They could be the same ones, since most colored plastic army men have shared the same molds for decades.
Are they WW2 figures? Rifle men, mostly, with handgun guys? All basically the same no matter what color they are, with the rifle men looking like they're wearing those WW2 early British helmets. All sorts of action poses, but fewer of the worthless waving guys you usually see.
>>
File: IMG_6658.jpg (136KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6658.jpg
136KB, 1200x900px
>>4538381
>>
File: thumbsuppope.jpg (66KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsuppope.jpg
66KB, 640x360px
>>4538385
holy crap, yes!

It's amazing that they look so fucking detailed, better than most green plastic army men sold in bags today.

Practically all of mine were lost on a hill on the side of my parents house and they're gone forever, ever since they remodeled the place and took out most of the hill to put a retaining wall.

forgot the important thing: WHO MAKES THEM?!
>>
>>4537099
You sound like you would suck my cock tho.
>>
>>4538342
Quantity is a feature though. I was referring to how a SINGLE green army man's just that one green army man, but a 3 man squad(hopefully of unique molds) gives you more options. I can see what you're trying to say, but that's not what I was talking about at all. Price was never a factor of what I said, you're putting words in that I didn't say nor tried to imply.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.