[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

best pre-posed packaging ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 47

best pre-posed packaging ever
>>
wampa is a good size too
>>
File: HASA8724.jpg (162KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
HASA8724.jpg
162KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>
File: 1403669912978.jpg (14KB, 300x315px) Image search: [Google]
1403669912978.jpg
14KB, 300x315px
>>4531458
>bandai wampa
Sure buddy.
I will give you the shitty articulation thing though.
>>
>>4531458
I agree with this but how many characters do we expect to get from Bandai? I doubt any of the "creatures" would get released. We'll be lucky to get Artoo and Threepio at some point.
>>
>>4531458
You are trying too hard.
>>
File: 1407179701483.png (131KB, 325x257px) Image search: [Google]
1407179701483.png
131KB, 325x257px
>>4531457
>that foot position on the tauntaun
>>
File: 12932148043_590c908c84_z.jpg (102KB, 482x640px) Image search: [Google]
12932148043_590c908c84_z.jpg
102KB, 482x640px
>>4531474
>hasbro
>quality
>>
>>4531452
I like the concept but, in execution....it looks like a packaging error.
There isn't any other context for him to be upside down. also Luke's bored thousand yard stare doesn't help
>>
>>4531460
>>4531463
if Bandai doesn't make it, it's not worth caring about.
>>
>>4531458
>>4531488
0.0004 / 10
>>
>>4531452
>>4531456
Anyone know who the sculptor/designer on this line is?
>>
>>4531452
>>4531453

Why aren't his horns painted?
>>
>>4531605
>Hasbro
>>
>>4531479
>There isn't any other context for him to be upside down

Any other context besides the movie scene? I don't understand what you're looking for here. You want them to change it to THE WHITE SERIES with a snowy box and put some stalactites in there? Who's buying this toy who hasn't seen the scene in the movie?
>>
>>4531452
Nope.

Best pre-posed packaging is this two-pack. Just look at that poor unarmed Geonosian with the WTF expression on his face.
>>
>>4531649
snow cave backdrop would've been better.
so you like this packaging? you think it's good?
>>
This gets my vote. MOTUC Orko, with that dink Prince Adam stuffed down in the bottom of the blister behind the placard.
>>
>>4531657
Gotta agree. It would have been really nice if they had at least put a little ice up by his feet so it looked like he was dangling. For most the series the packaging doesn't look bad but the "minimaltisic" box design seems like an excuse to be lazy. Jabba's looked especially empty and awful.
>>
>>4531460
Not him, but SH Monsterarts Star Wars would be pretty rocking.

Wampa, Tauntaun, Rancor and the arena beasts from Episode III would all be solid releases.
>>
>>4531453
they did the unnecessary blood but not the horns...
>>
>>4531458
Unless its a main character like Iron Man or Vader your shit outta luck with the japs.
>>
File: shf ryuki all.jpg (148KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
shf ryuki all.jpg
148KB, 960x640px
>>4531939
Why would you think that? If the line does well enough, they'll do every version of every character possible. They even already have a very popular MonsterArts line for things like Godzilla. I can't imagine a wampa will be high up on their list of things to release, but there's no reason to assume they'll just do main characters. The Figuarts stuff makes it money specifically by appealing to the hardcore collectors.
>>
>>4531949
but first to that happen they need to "see" that there are people who will pay for that.
in other word gotta army build dem troopers and pick up those vaders
>>
>>4531456
>>4531457
Does it come with belly-slicing action?
>>
>>4531949
>If the line does well enough, they'll do every version of every character possible.

lol yeah just like the Medabots...and Pokemon....and Megaman lines... and all those cool Power Ranger villains...
>>
>>4531987
None of which did well.

Try Kamen Rider, Ultra Man, Godzilla, Precure, Sailor Moon?
>>
>>4531987
>Power Rangers
That alone tells us how little you know about Figuarts.
>>
>>
>>4532005
>>
>>
>>4532009
>>
>>4532012
>come at me, bro
>>
>>4532006

oh god, dat gummy helmet. I wish they would've used a head swap gimmick instead of that cheap ass soft plastic.
>>
>>4532026
>hassblo
>doing something good
lol.
>>
>>4532009
>Like a bossk
>>
File: bossk1.jpg (49KB, 484x640px)
bossk1.jpg
49KB, 484x640px
>>4532012
Can he slavsquat?

If no then I'll just stick with the Bosuka I already have.
>>
>>4531452
>>4531456
Hope we get Hoth Leia in the near future.
>>
>>4531478

He looks like he's comtemplating his life rather than trying to save his friends.
>>
>>4531984
doesn't look like it...and he doesn't even have knees. wtf Hasblow...I wish Kenner still existed
>>
>>4532097
Nostalgiafag detected.

Why the fuck would you even want a toy from an overall shitty company just for a minute detail or two?
>>
File: hahaha arraha hahaha.jpg (106KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha arraha hahaha.jpg
106KB, 900x1200px
>>4532101
>shitty company
Say that, uh, to my motherfucking face and.. aah,
and, uh there it is.

F-faggot, yes yes alright? You fucking. Faggot.
>>
>>4532113
Roy Orbison?
>>
File: gokus.jpg (270KB, 999x800px) Image search: [Google]
gokus.jpg
270KB, 999x800px
>>4531949
Japan sucks when it comes to getting figures made, especially of bad guys.
If it weren't for the US sales and Bluefin's distribution, the Figuarts DBZ line would only have been Vegeta and Goku. And it's already bad enough that like half the DBZ line is just Goku.
And there's only been like 10 figures released in almost 5 years.
Waiting for characters i want takes fucking forever and chances are they're not even going to make them. It makes me wish Erwin was still around making Dragonball figures but with better articulation or some other western company, since they'd have finished making all the main characters and some of hte villains in only one year.

>>4532002
Are you insinuating he doesn't know shit because he didn't call it by the weeaboo name? Because the big bad beetleborgs look like Power Rangers too.
>>
>>4532214
>Would have just been Goku and Vegeta
>Didn't even get Vegeta without help from US fans.
It was Piccolo, Super Goku, then Super Gohan. Everything post that was webshop stuff because the Japanese didn't care. Every release after that was thanks to US fans.
>>
>>4532235
remember when shark fin had to explain to bandai about the facebook debacle because sentai fans and pr fans werent getting along?
>>
>>4532241
Truly a pathetic moment in Japanese-US toy relations. I can only imagine the disgusted head-shaking over that whole retarded situation.
>>
>>4532235
>Everything post that was webshop stuff because the Japanese didn't care.
Even more reason why their Star Wars line will suck, aside from the poor proportions. Can the SW toys be sold outside of Japan? AFAIK, Hasbro is the one even letting them sell it in Japan for whatever reason. So without the US/Europe to bolster sales, chances are it's going to be a standard Bandai affair: three or four figures and that's it.

Do any other of the Figuarts lines have villains? I'm not all that familiar with the Beetleborgs, so they all look the same to me.
>>
>>4532286
>Hasbro is the one even letting them sell it in Japan for whatever reason
lol no. Disney gave them the license because Disney wants more money.
>>
>>4532005
This reminds me a lot of what subjectanon claims the Bandai Iron Man would look like without its helmet. I wonder if he'll defend this figure?

>>4532009
I got worried with this image since he looks weirdly chunky. But he seems to look fine in the other image.
>>
>>4532005
>>4532006
Why on god's earth would they sell this when you can headswap the two existing figures already?
>>
>>4532291
>doesn't know how licenses work
The deal between Hasbro and LucasFilm still exists as it was written years and years ago. Disney eating up Lucas doesn't void anything that came before it until the contract/license expires, unless it was specifically written in the license/contract.
I'll post an excerpt later on how Hasbro let the Japanese market have access, which makes me wonder what deals they made to let it through.

>>4532340
>implying i'd defend poor sculpts
sure is butthurt weeaboo who has to make up strawmen to ignore legitimate criticism.
>>
>>4532369
collectors value
>>
>>4532369
for army builders who want another Stormtrooper and those that didn't want the earlier Han.

Win win.
>>
>>4532369
BECAUSE you can headswap the two existing figures already. 2 molds - 3 figures.
>>
>>4532369
>>4532384
Will the heads actually swap though? Don't they have different sized ball/sockets?
>>
>>4532375
So DO you think that Stormtrooper Han looks good?

>>4532384
Like >>4532530 said it might not work. There's not a universal ball socket size so it likely won't fit.
>>
File: 1392526776030.png (100KB, 472x340px) Image search: [Google]
1392526776030.png
100KB, 472x340px
>>4532375
>claims strawman while making up "butthurt weeaboo: strawman in the same sentence
>>
>>4531657
Yes, I like this packaging. I think it's great. It's smart and it's funny. It's not supposed to be a playset; it's a clever wink to the fans who are gonna buy it.

Honestly, how jaded and nitpicky are you people that your response to this is "Pfff, how come they didn't do a special snow cave backdrop with stalactites" and not "Man, isn't it cool that some executive let this get through the design stage instead of sucking all the fun out of it"?
>>
>>4532214
>Are you insinuating he doesn't know shit because he didn't call it by the weeaboo name?
Super Sentai isn't just a different name, it's a completely different show. Power Rangers just takes some of the action footage and adapts it to something they think will be more appealing to western audiences. But no, my point was that it's a Japanese toy line that makes figures to appeal to the Japanese fans. Bandai has just been repackaging some of them and slapping Power Rangers logos on them. The reason we haven't seen many of the "cool villains" like Goldar or Lord Zed is either because they weren't as popular in Japan (because, for example, the series that became Mighty Morphing wasn't the original Japanese series and people there don't have that much nostalgia for it) or because, in the case of the latter, the villain was flat out an American creation.

In general, the Sentai/Power Rangers stuff hasn't done fantastically well and a big part of the problem seems to be the massively different tastes between Power Rangers and Sentai fans. They're trying to market the same line of figures at two different fan bases.

>Do any other of the Figuarts lines have villains? I'm not all that familiar.
Yes, SHF have done plenty of villains from other lines (most of the Ryuki and Gaim Riders were villains) and there HAS been several Sentai releases too, although ones that I don't believe appeared in Power Rangers.
>>
File: Star Wars License.jpg (137KB, 494x796px) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars License.jpg
137KB, 494x796px
>>4532375
As promised, here's the excerpt from the 2008 license Hasbro/LucasFilm filed in 2008. Amendments are posted elsewhere, such as the changed dates, otherwise language remains the same.... which is why they just refiled this license.
Here's the current amendment, though they haven't filed their license again since their current contract has not expired (2015?), which is the excerpt i posted. http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Hasbro_%28HAS%29/Certain_Relationships_Related_Party_Transactions

So you can see how Hasbro has all the rights everywhere, except in China. So it's very much Hasbro letting Bandai/Figma/Mafex do their lines, which means money was exhanged or some other deal like they have with Sideshow Collectibles.

>>4532553
>can't read for shit
but i do love how when i have said things like that in a Japanese toy thread, i'd immediately get a respond about how I'm shitposting or trolling. Here? Thickness and that's it.
>>
File: 1387030018280.jpg (108KB, 496x281px) Image search: [Google]
1387030018280.jpg
108KB, 496x281px
>>4532774
>but i do love how when i have said things like that in a Japanese toy thread, i'd immediately get a respond about how I'm shitposting or trolling. Here? Thickness and that's it.
Thanks for either not understanding the question or refusing to answer, you fucking idiot
>>
>>4532753
>Super Sentai isn't just a different name, it's a completely different show.blahblahblah
That's not his point though.
>The reason we haven't seen many of the "cool villains" like Goldar or Lord Zed is either because they weren't as popular in Japan
This is his point (I thought Zed didn't exist in Japan?), that no/few villains were released because of Japan's disinterest in bad guys.
It's like it's nothing but He-Men, Dukes, Snake Eyes, and Bumble Bees over there. After those main characters, interest just disappears. Fucking need the cast for Ghost in the Shell instead of just the Major and Tachikomas over and over and over and over again.

Yah, i guess the Beetleborgs get their villains, but what about 99% of other lines? Rare as fuck and it's surprising that they even chose to release the Darth Vader and Stormtroopers first over everyone else.
So here's hoping that they do make more villains and other side characters, and do a better job, since these first figures are a laugh.
>>
File: 4-1.jpg (254KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
4-1.jpg
254KB, 1280x850px
>>4532799
>Rare as fuck
Nope, nope, nope.

I think every major Kamen Rider villain has been released at this point, ditto for Garo and Ultra Man. Several of the Precure ones have been, they're getting through the DBZ ones pretty quick and they're already doing Injustice Superman, Joker and Harley. Sentai is about the only one that hasn't had many villains and again, that seems to be down to the line in general not doing very well. Most of the main rangers on certain teams are still incomplete, so worrying about the badguys isn't exactly top priority.

The idea that they won't release any villains is a complete joke, especially when they're starting the line with Darth Vader, a Stormtrooper and Scout troopers.
>>
>>4532774
>can't read for shit
Your response was vague and could be taken as either a general claim that nothing you defend is poorly sculpted (which begs the question of whether or not you'd defend Han) or as an implication that you do think Han was poorly sculpted and would not defend him. Quit acting so condescending.
>>
File: streetfighter_figures_wv3b.jpg (92KB, 939x696px) Image search: [Google]
streetfighter_figures_wv3b.jpg
92KB, 939x696px
>>4532814
>the DBZ ones pretty quick
As i said, and others pointed out, they're getting those figures because there's sold and are popular in the US. Beetleborgs and the other 1% get their villains, but everyone else gets shit.
It's nothing like the US where almost everyone is made within the first year and the villains.
Seriously, five fucking years for the Dragonball line and it's like 10 figures released so far. It's like watching vines grow and hoping it'll reach the entire wall, yet it's keeping to one section and regrowing over one part over and over and over... fuck.

>>4532818
>Your response was vague
>directly responded
>can't take a hint
>not thick
I'm sowwy fow not dwawing you a diagwam ='(
>>
File: Preview2.jpg (40KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
Preview2.jpg
40KB, 704x396px
>>4532814
>Fuwa Juzo
>No Dokuku or Dayu or Akumaro or Shitari
Octupus head I can understand, but no Dokuku with katana and giant demon buster sword along with a bowl and jug of sake hurts. I'd love a Dayu too, demon geisha to play a bone shamisen would be awesome.

>Garo
The only villain figuart of Garo was the black repaint for the second Garo series. Still waiting on Kiba as well as the bads of the other series.
>>
File: Deboss-Knight_of_Anger.jpg (35KB, 182x264px) Image search: [Google]
Deboss-Knight_of_Anger.jpg
35KB, 182x264px
>>4532814
>we'll never get a Dogold

Fucking sucks we got the prince from Gokaiger that nobody wanted as a Figuart but not Dogold. Deboss were the funnest villains in Sentai since Shinkenger imo and they got jack shit.
>>
>>4532838
And the other villain releases you're ignoring? It isn't just Beetleborgs which, for the record, aren't even being released in the US. Let's take a look at some of the things announced at Tamashii Nations, shall we?

>Kamen Rider Drive Type Speed
>Tridoron & Drive Tire Sets
>Machine Chaser
Villain
>Ride Chaser
Villains bike
>Kamen Rider Marika
Villain
>Kamen Rider Sigurd
Villain
>Kamen Rider Knuckle
>Rider Kurokage Shin
Villain
>Rider Gaim Ichigo (strawberry) Arms
>Kamen Rider Ryugen Kiwi Arms
Villain
>Kamen Rider Ryugen Yomotsuheguri Arms
Villain
>Rider Mars
Villain
>Rider Kamuro
Villain
>Suika Arms Gaim Version
>Suika Arms Baron Version
Villain/anti-hero
>Overlord Baron
Villain
>Kamen Rider Jam
Villain

For a line that rarely releases villains, that's a hell of a lot of bad guys.
>>
>>4532753
>a big part of the problem seems to be the massively different tastes between Power Rangers and Sentai fans.

A big part of the problem is Neo-Saban is fucking difficult to work with and both them and Bandai of America hoover up the profits made in America.

Another problem is Power Ranger fans being autistic little shits and refusing to import and middleman exclusives when they know Bluefin CAN'T bring them over because "WAAAAH IT DOESN'T SAY POWER RANGERS ON THE BOX WAAAAAAAH!". Bluefin has told them a bunch of times that Bandai of Japan wont let them bring over any past Japanese exclusives yet they believe if they tweet enough at them they'll magically be able to. Now that the webshop is open to the US there's absolutely no reason why they can't but they probably still wont because like I said they're so fucking dumb they wont buy something unless it says Power Rangers on the box.
>>
File: GitS cast.jpg (330KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
GitS cast.jpg
330KB, 960x540px
>>4532859
...but aren't those all from the Beetleborg series?

Also, holy shit at how I actually like more of what Figma has released than Figuarts has. Just went through a list of everything they've produced. Can't believe i call Figma the moeshit company yet they've produced a far more variety of things.
BTW, i do own more Figuarts than i do Figmas (fuck their soft sculpts).

Oh, and the point was that you rarely see japanese lines in general getting more than just the main characters. Seems like Bugmen is one of the rare exceptions.
>>
>>4532866
>beetleborg series
>moeshit
>soft sculpts
>i do own more Figuarts but I don't know what series a bunch of characters labeled "Kamen Rider" are

and like that all your opinions became worthless
>>
File: PAK full metal ape.jpg (56KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
PAK full metal ape.jpg
56KB, 600x600px
>>4532878
Like i said, they're all power rangers to me.
Can't really tell the difference, because they're all shitty to me. Wanna fight about it? because i really don't care enough to. meh.

Still, you proved the point that only relatively few Japanese toylines get more than just main characters done.
So many wasted licenses... though i guess that's why they only bother just to get a license for a specific character instead of the whole thing. Big ol' feh.
>>
File: SH-Figuarts-Injustice-Joker-004.jpg (85KB, 504x712px) Image search: [Google]
SH-Figuarts-Injustice-Joker-004.jpg
85KB, 504x712px
>>4532881
Wasn't the same person. But no, I think that list showed that when dealing with a popular licence, they'll release as much as possible. You seem to be basing your whole opinion of the line based on a shitty anime and the American adaptation of a series that has been rapidly declining in popularity for years.
>>
>>4532886
>American adaptation of a series that has been rapidly declining in popularity for years.

Hope you mean Power Rangers and not both it and Sentai. It's just Sentai Figuarts that don't sell well. All the stuff aimed at kids sells.
>>
>>4531949
Maaaan, I had almost all of these Ryuki dudes and now I regret selling them.
>>
They are doing Gaim villains because it's a super popular show. They bailed on the Zodiarts from Fourze halfway through (turning them into Figuarts Zeroes) and barely did shit for Wizard. Phoenix is just an okay figure, but Medusa sucks shit. It's painted well, so I guess if you're comfortable spending $50 on paint, that's on you. The real test will come with the response to Drive and it's level of determined "popularity." If it's received in a lukewarm way and their other merch isn't moving, I don't see Bandai bothering with the kaijin.
>>
File: revoltechironman.jpg (302KB, 990x694px) Image search: [Google]
revoltechironman.jpg
302KB, 990x694px
>>4532886
So only Power Rangers (generic word for anything that looks like them) sell because it's popular?
Wow, that's totally why the complaint about japanese companies not being able to make anything but main characters is about...

main characters everywhere and nothing but for the rare series that isn't
>>
Look at all the Weeaboo in here
>>
>>4532933
guise pls keep on topic, this thread is about new Black series releases and these new large alien figures

iron man and japanese business practices are irrelevant to the thread
>>
File: 1414102115350.png (111KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1414102115350.png
111KB, 292x257px
>>4532006
>DAT FUCKING HELMET
Hasblow strikes again
>>
>>4531767
>arena beasts from Episode III would all be solid releases.
Friendo, there isn't even a Showa MechaG yet. And they're from Clones not Sith.
>>
File: STOP.gif (463KB, 500x222px) Image search: [Google]
STOP.gif
463KB, 500x222px
>>4532933
>haven't been on /toy/ in two years
>subject anon still doing this
>he's been doing this all night

Holy shit you're pathetic dude. Not only did you argue all night with strangers on one of the slowest boards on 4chan you've been doing this for years now. Just admit to being wrong for once you autistic fuck.
>>
>>4533026
>still believing in subjectanon

It's you fags that ruin all threse threads. Take your bullshit meme and get the hell out.
>>
>>4533029
Since when did one have to "believe" in subjectanon? Dude has been posting here for years and shitting up threads with his non stop "I AM NEVER WRONG!" bullshit. You get the hell out.
>>
>>4532878
>Subjectanon having worthwhile opinions to begin with
>>
File: ghostintheshell.jpg (17KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
ghostintheshell.jpg
17KB, 300x450px
>>4533026
>posting about stupid shit on 4chan makes you more pathetic than the stupid shit i post about on 4chan!
cool story, bro.

Also
>implying it's not wrong that we'll ever see more characters from this series in this toyline
or any other ones posted. So many one and done's, and main characters only.
>>
>>4533046
>So many one and done's, and main characters only.
You're completely ignoring the past track record (again). Sure, there's been many properties that they've done one or two figures from and then moved on, but it completely depends on popularity. We've already seen Luke, Han, Vader, a Stormtrooper, Scout trooper, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Maul. Plus a Stormtrooper variant of Han, Luke and RoTJ Luke. That's not exactly all "main characters" or "one and done". Even if you want to argue that the Stormtrooper is iconic enough, the Scout trooper is a bit more random.

If the line does well, they'll continue doing more. Kamen Rider has a figure for practically every character that's ever appeared, ever and there's already four Injustice characters on their way, with more coming according to Bluefin.
>>
>>4532888
The MMPR stuff did well in the west, nothing else. This is why Bluefin aren't bothering to release any other Sentai related stuff. Their counterparts also did very well in Japan, as did the Shinkengers and Akaranger. In general, the collectors there seem more interested in the Showa stuff and that's what we're getting more of. The rest of Go-ranger and Sun Vulcan. No more teams that were used in Power Rangers in the near future.
>>
File: 1410302151f92948749c07294a.jpg (480KB, 800x1203px) Image search: [Google]
1410302151f92948749c07294a.jpg
480KB, 800x1203px
>>4533046
>Main characters only
>>
>>4533090

Harley Quinn is a main character. She's practically an A-list character now.
>>
>>4533082
>We've already seen Luke, Han, Vader, a Stormtrooper, Scout trooper, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Maul. Plus a Stormtrooper variant of Han, Luke and RoTJ Luke. That's not exactly all "main characters" or "one and done".

Those are all either characters that were used a lot in promo materials, or designs that are really iconic.Yes, even the scout trooper, it's everywhere in ROTJ material. The original point of this whole discussion , related to the OP pic in the first place, is if Bandai would ever make things like the Wampas, the Rancor, or Tauntauns. Which aren't even really characters.Keeping those in scale would probably make the prices above MonsterArts Godzilla levels. Main heroes, main villains, and henchmen are all possible. Background aliens, troops, and monsters, probably not so much.
>>
File: newhere.jpg (4KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
newhere.jpg
4KB, 120x120px
>>4533029
>being this new, yet making such definitive statments
lurk moar newfriend
>>
File: yotsubaNO.png (285KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
yotsubaNO.png
285KB, 1280x960px
>>4533046
>>4533088
>>4533035
>>4533029
>>4533090
guise pls keep on topic, this thread is about new Black series releases and these new large alien figures
>>
>>4533107
Welcome to a SubjectAnon thread. Where unfathomable jealousy and childish arguments rule.
>>
>>4532881
>they're all Power Rangers to me
>...but aren't those all from the Beetleborgs series?

Do you even have a fucking argument or are you just trying to stir shit up?
>>
>>4532814
>I think every major Kamen Rider villain has been released at this point, ditto for Garo and Ultra Man.
If you're talking Figuarts and the like, Kamen Rider is lacking any villains from Stronger, Amazon, Skyrider, Blade (technically), and Hibiki. Ultra-Act doesn't have any villains for like 70 percent of the shows.
>>
>>4532286
Japan cares deeply about Star Wars.
>>
>>4532009
>>4532012
Is Bossk canonically left handed?
>>
>>4533527
Canon means nothing.
>>
File: 1413574566950.jpg (91KB, 558x494px)
1413574566950.jpg
91KB, 558x494px
>>4533537
man, i have no idea. i saw a wampa, thought that was cool and shared it, now all this happened.
>>
>>4532861
--Tamashii Web is open to the US now? Please say that includes the rest of the world, too.
>>
File: bigbadbeetleborgs.jpg (409KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
bigbadbeetleborgs.jpg
409KB, 1000x750px
>>4533082
>We've already seen Luke, Han, Vader, a Stormtrooper, Scout trooper, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Maul. Plus a Stormtrooper variant of Han, Luke and RoTJ Luke. That's not exactly all "main characters"
LOL. Did you fucking fail your HS english class?
Every single one of these is a main character. Yes, even the Troopers, one of the main antagonists, the collective samefag whole chasing the protagonists through most of the series.

>If the line does well, they'll continue doing more
So 99% of the series don't do well then, huh? Not even fucking Iron Man?
And if you haven't noticed, it seems like they're doing only a few characters from each movie. Seems like a lot, but they're split between 6 movies.

BTW, do we know that the Stormtrooper Han/Luke are their own figures or are they just head swapped?

>>4533090
... that's from a fighting game and no shit they would choose a popular female, just like how they usually choose Chun Li to make a PAK/Revoltech/whatever for SF.

>>4533112
Like it's my fault a couple of HS drop outs argue that they'll totally make SW side characters, because Bandai/GoodSmile/Kaiyodo doesn't just do one and done's and main characters for 99% of series, because they've done a ton of characters for series like Kamen Rider, Kamen Rider X, Kamen Rider the Sequel, Kamen Rider Rangers, Kamen Rider Drivers, Kamen Rider Drifters, Kamen Rider Riders and Kamen Rider Fuckoff. Oh, and DBZ... cuz it's mainly sold in the US.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>4532196
>>
I'm really not into Star Wars but I always liked the designs of the background mercenary/rogue/outlaw guys like Greedo and Bossk... Well those are really the only 2 I can think of at the moment to be honest.
>>
>>4533599
Literally thousands of years of Star Wars history is no longer canon, and George Lucas' face is still canon.

Fuck everything.
>>
>>4533828
>>
>>4532774
When disney acquired lucas, they told disney jp they can do whatever the fuck they want. Disney jp did whatever the fuck they want and thats why there is bandai, kaiyodo, kotobukia, mafex all making star wars merc for sale only in jp. Hasbro is not involved except to whine.
>>
is there any talk about getting vehicles for the 6 inch black line?

>other than the ones already out.
I would love a Y-Wing.
>I am autistic
>>
How about you assclowns stop giving him attention when he derails a thread and maybe he'll fuck off?
>>
File: jango_fett_f1.jpg (39KB, 346x500px) Image search: [Google]
jango_fett_f1.jpg
39KB, 346x500px
>>4533828
It's your fault you can't control your anal retentive impulses to voice your unwanted opinion and going off topic. No one asked, but you just love to mash your knuckles on the keyboard and wait for the next response that you can blather on about for several more walls of bland text with the same overused images. I wish people could ignore you and your babbling, but no. /toy/ just loves to feed the fire for you.

Now to get on with the actual topic, say what you will about the prequels, but I still want a black series Jango Fett. Hopefully he'll come with both of the jetpacks he wore and perhaps a fire effect. They will without a doubt make him with a removable helmet, but they seem to do better work with the Mandalorian helmets than their stormtrooper helmets, so here's hoping it won't be awful.
>>
>>4535040
stay on topic pls
>>
>>4535040
>claims to be on topic posts iron man in Star Wars

You are the fucking worst.
>>
>>4534817
>doesn't understand how licenses work
proof for anything you said? Any deal would have to go through Hasbro, which would likely result in money going to HAsbro. Nothing in the contracts becomes nulled or voided just because they were sold to Disney. Just look at Marvel's licenses with Fox and Sony.
For any part of the license to be changed, Hasbro would have to agree to it first.. like Sony did when they gave pu the rights for Spider-Man's being used in TV. Otherwise, breaches in contract results in lawsuits.

>>4534870
>implying anything i said is opinion or that i even went off topic first
Not my fault you guys are big deniers of reality.
Again, nothing said shows that they're going to make anything but a couple of characters from each movie, because they have a long history only making a couple of characters from each movie and that's it. Even with best selling licenses.

>>4535055
>>4535057
happy?
>>
>>4535078
>doesn't know that the delete button exists
So you'll never be happy until your fantasy world exists outside of where you stick your head, eh?
>>
>>4535085
>Nothing Star Wars related
Keep it off topic. Prove my point.
>>
>>4534870
Biggest problem with ignoring subjectanon is that there are times when he starts off with short posts and begins arguing before getting into the recognizable aspie rants we know him for, so some people get roped in before realizing who he is. I also assume that a lot of people know he's gonna be here anyway so they just push him to see how much bullshit they can call out.

Anyway, Jango would be cool and I'm sure they'll do him since they can reuse Boba parts. As far as prequels go I'm really waiting on Grievous. I'd also love me some battle droids, super battle droids, and droideka. Also IG-88 was already confirmed to the 6" line, right?
>>
File: IG-86 a.jpg (244KB, 1352x1160px) Image search: [Google]
IG-86 a.jpg
244KB, 1352x1160px
>>4535106
That's why I think that as soon as you recognize him, you make it known for the others who he is and then we all do our best to ignore him. I don't even see why people want to see his downward spiral day after day.

Honestly they could only really keep the torso and maybe the arms. He'll probably get a new head and legs. I'm hoping the holsters aren't done in that awful way that they were on the vintage collection figure. I just want him to get made quicker since I'm not all that invested in getting all of them and I stick to a few select characters.

Battle droids should be a two pack or something since they're so damn skinny. Or at least deck them out in articulation. I'd love to see them be able to go into the fold up mode.

Grievous will be rad. Most likely he'll be later on just to keep the fans waiting. I'd say a couple more waves.

IG-88 was confirmed last I saw. Looked nice. Not sure how the articulation was. I was a big fan of this figure. Not an 88 model, but it was damn good fun to pose around. If they made a 6" version of it, I'd buy the crap out of them.
>>
>>4535168
I doubt they'd do any sort of two pack with Battle droids considering how Yoda has the usual 20$ price point. I'm sure they'll do them eventually but I want them soon so clonetroopers have something to fight.

Really hope they don't skimp out on the accessories with Grievous. I'd imagine they wouldn't since four lightsabers, cape, and arms swaps for four armed mode are kind of a necessity. I'm pretty hopeful for all the robotit characters, IG-88 included, because they're skinny spindly designs mean less stuff to get in the way of their range of motion.
>>
>>4535180
Is he really? Does Yoda come with anything? I doubt he has any decent articulation to boot. At least the Jawas will be a two pack. Can't help but love those little buggers.

I would assume that if they made Grievous with all his accessories, they'll make it like Jabba or the speeder bike packs and deck him out with all sorts of great shit. That is, if it's that expensive for them to make. Or it'll be like their Vintage Collection Grievous figure but in a larger scale. With all that said, Grievous had better be one of the most articulate figure.
>>
>>4535199
I suppose I could be wrong about Yoda, but last I had read it seemed like it was just him and he came with a snake and a cloth robe. As far as I know he'll be regular retail price but I'd appreciate someone correcting me if I'm wrong here.
>>
>>4535215
I thought that was the smaller scale. It was a while ago when I saw that. I wasn't paying too close attention to it since I wasn't going to buy it either way.
>>
File: review_ssig88_4.jpg (66KB, 500x840px) Image search: [Google]
review_ssig88_4.jpg
66KB, 500x840px
>>4535168
That's an IG-86 in the Clone Wars style. Unfortunately, IG-88 won't be anywhere near as fun to pose, as his design is quite a bit more stiff and clunky.
>>
>>4535231
I know. I was saying that I was hoping it would be similar in joints even though it was highly unlikely. You'd think the IG series would have improved over time as opposed to the other way around. That is one of the reasons I don't like sci fi prequels.
>>
>>4532866
Jesus Major, zip up your fucking pants.

At least pretend to be professional.
>>
File: ig86.jpg (319KB, 1600x599px) Image search: [Google]
ig86.jpg
319KB, 1600x599px
>>4535241
The model number is of no significance, it's the fact that your toy was from the Clone Wars show, which preferred a dynamic and high-action style and so reduced the droid down to a basic stick figure with tons of articulation. In fact, the 88 line isn't even a full production thing, it's merely a lab-developed derivative of the 86 line and there were only like, five of them made. Basically, if IG-88 had been in the Clone Wars show, he probably would have looked very similar to the 86s. And vice versa for the movie style.
>>
File: 1415779256354.jpg (511KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1415779256354.jpg
511KB, 1920x1080px
>>4535241
Some of the best concrete ever was made back thousands of years ago and we're only just getting to the point of equally it.
Things do regress, even with modern tech like military equipment. We used to make highly specialized planes that are still the best at what they do, but we no longer use them mostly out of cost and have replaced them with cheaper multi-role planes.

That IG88 is actually superior to the older series, since it's more intelligent.

>>4535106
>dat waaagh
Geez, stay delusional bro.
I haven't said one bit of bullshit and have provided proof of my own. You guys? Not one lick of proof behind your claims and continued persistence that because power rangers get multiple figures, everyone else does too, which they don't inspite of being popular.
>>
File: 1375992091767.png (796KB, 832x687px) Image search: [Google]
1375992091767.png
796KB, 832x687px
>>4535284
>>
>>4535284
stay on topic pls
>>
>>4535278
I assumed it had some significance since the astromech droids get higher in number the newer they are. At least before the prequels. Then they started throwing R7's and various serial numbers around without it being with what was canon at the time. This also made logical sense since this was decades before the 88s were made. Then I'm reminded that the Magna Droids in the novelization of Revenge of the Sith were supposed to be IG-100 or something, which throws that whole "the bigger number equals newer and better" theory.

>>4535284
Concrete and robotics are apples and oranges and the time between decades and millennia is also an apples and oranges type deal . This was around twenty or so years difference from A New Hope to the prequels and a lot of the technology looks sleeker and more advanced in the prequels.

>That IG88 is actually superior to the older series, since it's more intelligent.
Yes, I know that. I was talking more about their form as opposed to their function. I would have assumed that since it's the same series of droids, that they would have kept the standards of physical prowess if not improved it alongside the mental prowess.
>>
>>4531452
>>4531452
How come the scarf part of the bandanna is independent of gravity?
>>
>>4535317
It's the material that they used doing that. Or if you prefer the real truth, it's the will of the force.
>>
File: a10 fuck yeah.gif (824KB, 180x135px) Image search: [Google]
a10 fuck yeah.gif
824KB, 180x135px
>>4535313
>Concrete and robotics are apples and oranges and the time between decades and millennia is also an apples and oranges type deal
It's is why i also brought up current military hardware, since stuff like this that was developed in the 70s is far superior to anything today or what they're going to replace it with.
Should note that it's also more agile... just like the IG86s.

>I was talking more about their form as opposed to their function. I would have assumed that since it's the same series of droids, that they would have kept the standards of physical prowess if not improved it alongside the mental prowess.
Not every function always improved or stays the same.
However, ever played Shadows of the Empire game? IG88 was a fucking monkey in that.
Thread posts: 135
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.