[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So does anyone here actually own any acid rain toys?? How are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 16

File: ORI10010.jpg (27KB, 752x564px) Image search: [Google]
ORI10010.jpg
27KB, 752x564px
So does anyone here actually own any acid rain toys??

How are they?

I really want beardy here
>>
File: IMG_0132.jpg (4MB, 4696x3345px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0132.jpg
4MB, 4696x3345px
I was very hesitant to order anything in a line where 3 3/4th figures are costing $25 a pop with vehicles hitting triple digits, but the second I opened the box of my first I realized it was top notch stuff and that it's worth every penny.

I will say they are closer to models which sort of threw me- Obviously a lot of us are here because at one time or another(or still) we were playing with Star Wars figures and then decided to display them and have collections once we got older. But whereas you can still bash around a Star Wars figure and really play with it anytime you want, these guys are meant to be carefully posed, not thrown around a sandbox. They're sturdy and feature some ratcheted joints, with weathering that you'd expect out of 3A.

After multiple purchases the biggest issue I've had so far is a single paint stuck joint. Great stuff, and the most personality filled little figures you can buy.
>>
>>4529138
Thanks bro
>>
>>4529138
>McHuge blurry photograph that has no business being larger than 1920x1080
It's sad that the more technological advanced we become, the less people give a shit about how it works
>>
>>4529105
The entire line is awesome, with some of the best designs (such as the one in your pic) on their way.
>>
>>4529434

Oh shit guys, the camera guy is back!
>>
>>4529638
He's right though, there's absolutely no reason to have a 3.79mb photo.
>>
>>4529950
>>>4529434

It loaded in like .5 seconds.

Why do people complain about others being technologically backwards while they are posting on some shitty third world 56k connection?
>>
>acid rain thread
>guaranteed 5 replies before dying

anyways I have the Speeder MK2, which is pretty cool. Now I'm just waiting on these glorious motherfuckers to be released. I'm kinda worried because I know I'll have to get at least several of these and the price won't be cheap.
>>
The weathering is not on par with 3A and the figures have worse proportions than Joes. This is a shit toyline!
>>
File: 20140821_154409.jpg (666KB, 1500x1081px) Image search: [Google]
20140821_154409.jpg
666KB, 1500x1081px
>>4529105
I do, I have all of them but the samothrace set. They're pretty incredible in terms of articulation and being fun to take pictures of. If you like how they look, they're worth the price.
>>
File: fallout-arw.jpg (150KB, 600x899px) Image search: [Google]
fallout-arw.jpg
150KB, 600x899px
>>4529974
they're also compatible with other 1/18 figures so you can customize them. I did this one
>>
Any other online stores I can get these cheaper than BBTS?
>>
>>4530112
No, they're all pretty much the same if you're in the us. Everyone else will probably be better off ordering from the various asian stores that sell them.
>>
>>4530120
Yeah I'm not in the US, and BBTS overcharges like $10 more, plus around $30 for shipping.

I remember there was an asian store that had these a lot cheaper but I can't remember gaah.
>>
File: SAM_1970.jpg (2MB, 1080x1870px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_1970.jpg
2MB, 1080x1870px
I'm a big fan of these. Right now I've got these, plus the Winged Victory set, so two Sols and one Agurts.

I plan to get at least two more Agurts and all of the Bucks. Maybe a raptor. I just really, REALLY want that chapel base vehicle to come out.
>>
>>4530293
>I just really, REALLY want that chapel base vehicle to come out.
This awesomeness.

Also, http://www.actionrobo.com/ carries the ARW figures. They seem to usually put them as a little cheaper when they first come out and then bump the price back up to standard.
>>
File: 5354635382_de0f5eda48_b.jpg (454KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
5354635382_de0f5eda48_b.jpg
454KB, 1024x685px
pls explain to me how someone can think acid rain is better than this
>>
File: SAM_1829.jpg (728KB, 810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_1829.jpg
728KB, 810x1080px
>>4530306
I like 1/18 and I really hate the human 3A figures. Their faces are really terrible looking.

The robots are super cool though, except the cube things. I also hate their faces.

Either way, I'd prefer transforming mechs and pilots to just robots.
>>
>>4530306
pls explain to me how someone can think either of those are good.
>>
>>4530306
None of those are 1/18...none of those are vehicles...it's a shitty soulless company that spams tk clones and barbie dolls with molded clits... need i say more?
>>
>>4529953
>implying everyone can afford a monitor big enough to show the entire image instead ofa tiny bit when you want to look at it non-scaled
And it's fucking blurry.

I liked 4chan better back when they forced you to edit the image size.
Fucking /hr/ has smaller pictures now than the rest of the board, thanks to technologically handicapped kids and their $10 Android smartphones.
>>
>>4530306

Acid Rain excites me a lot because I like 3A, I like GI Joe, and I like Transformers, and Acid Rain combines elements from all of them, executed really well.
>>
I'm aware that the torsos look much better once you put the armor on, but the legs still look kinda janky to me. I don't care for the odd silhouette of them--the thick-to-thin contrasts are just too much IMO.

>>4529954
Super excited for these. They're the first Acid Rain products I knew I had to have immediately. I think I like them more because they just look like they were designed to be robot suits--in my opinion, most of the Acid Rain vehicles thus far have suffered design-wise because they were trying to shoehorn in a transformation. Has there been any news on them at all?
>>
>>4530306
The cylinder shaped robots look fucking stupid to me.
They don't look practical or realistic, and they don't look cool.
>>
File: SAM_1853.jpg (823KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_1853.jpg
823KB, 1080x810px
>>4530622
>the legs still look kinda janky to me. I don't care for the odd silhouette of them--the thick-to-thin contrasts are just too much IMO.
That's a fair criticism. The legs are my main gripe with the figures. They are super posable, though, so I just chalk it up to that. I feel like it's less noticeable when they're posed and doing stuff, though.
>>
File: World-War-Robots-21.jpg (180KB, 600x831px) Image search: [Google]
World-War-Robots-21.jpg
180KB, 600x831px
>>4530628
"Cool" is subjective of course, but as for your other points, they're not SUPPOSED to be practical or realistic. That's kind of the point. goofily-proportioned robots in very realistic wartime scenarios. The juxtaposition is what makes his work interesting.

But anyway, gonna stop talking about 3A now. This is an Acid Rain thread. The 3A General is currently on the frontpage if you want to talk about them.
>>
File: SAM_1858.jpg (852KB, 831x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_1858.jpg
852KB, 831x1080px
Did you know the Agurts gatling gun fits in the arm cannon of the Speeder. Looks pretty cool.
>>
File: MARINE TEAM.jpg (246KB, 1024x631px) Image search: [Google]
MARINE TEAM.jpg
246KB, 1024x631px
never bought one
but i think i might just buy raptor, i really really like how it looks
>>
so my next question is who are the antagonist in the toy line? all I've seen are the same infantrymen.
>>
>>4531061
Good question. Since the theme of the world is pollution, maybe the armies stopped fighting each other and now just fight to survive. Y'know, defend themselves from mutant wasteland beasts and forage for food in ruined buildings. A real Fallout sorta deal.
>>
>>4531073
Why would they need giant transforming mechs and where would they get them then? Mechs could be useful against giant heavily mutated creatures but if there were any they should've been made already.
>>
The line, while slow moving, essentially just started. The first release was a little over a year ago.

There is a faction that looks villainous called "Soil Ghosts" that look fucking awesome, although the official line is that they're more scavengers and pirates/gray area type stuff than the actual bad guys, who we've yet to even see design sketches for.

However soil ghosts have no planned release date and we've seen no actual prototypes.

If every proto we've seen thus far is released by this time next year it would be a miracle, I think.

There's also a boat/aquatic vehicle in the mix which I'm probably the most excited for.. water stuff is always my favorite. We've yet to see it but it's been mentioned by Kit several times.
>>
File: Soil+Ghosts01[1].jpg (484KB, 1600x977px) Image search: [Google]
Soil+Ghosts01[1].jpg
484KB, 1600x977px
>>4531255
>>
>>4531255
>If every proto we've seen thus far is released by this time next year it would be a miracle, I think.

The laurels, flakbike, and rest of the bucks team, plus the chapel. Minus the chapel I think we'll get everything by late summer of next year not to mention kits new projects he'll reveal. Release time comes very soon after painted protos come out.
>>
>>4531061
I'm interested in this too. Right now, I'm thinking of just monster-building...you know, bug hunts or something.
>>
>>4531451
Yeah but there's been what, 6 Laurels shown off? In a little over a year we've seen 4 vehicles releases, a limited figure box set, and 4 figure releases total. We know we've got the coffee box set, 3 more Bucks, the flakbike, Laurel worker, marine, viking, sand, airborn, and arachne. I'd love to see it all happen, plus the planned boat vehicle and the chapel!! but if they keep to their current release schedule I doubt it.
>>
I bought myself a Sol commander to pose with my 3A robots and immediately fell in love it. I have since got myself some infantry and I'm super fucking excited for Buck and his team.

These little guys look so much better posed with my 3A bots then the Grunts ever did.
>>
File: raptor01.jpg (59KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
raptor01.jpg
59KB, 800x533px
This is the only transforming Acid Rain toy that has interested me.
>>
Just ordered bob and steel from actionrobo, shipping was rapetastic as always.
>>
$26.90 for a tiny figure?!? Christ, the last 3A robot I bought cost that much.
>>
These guys are so awesome but so expensive. It just means I've stopped buying any other 1:18 stuff. It sort of worked itself out, since these are the best and the rest of the toy world at this size has gotten really shitty as of late.
>>
>>4531255
>>4534526
Are there any dates for the Laurels? They will be my first Acid Rain purchase. Also, best place to buy these?
>>
No dates for the laurels, but WORKER(yellow power loader lookin motherfucker) and MARINE(holding the giant badass shotgun) are almost 100% the first two out of the gate. One or both of them will probably make it out before the rest of the Bucks team. I'd guess late January for when we first start to see orders.
>>
>>4534678
>This is cool, I'm gonna buy it
>Pretty tiny vehicle, hopefully it'll be affordable
>$80
>FUCK IT, I'M OUTTA HERE
The pricing on this line just rubs me the wrong way. I mean, I've spent far more on big stuff like 3A and Hot Toys, but I felt like I was getting my money's worth there. These dinky little 1/18 guys...well, I think I'd feel substantially more terrible and ripped-off spending this kind of dough on em. I'm not a big fan of the scale, so all that's compelling me now are the designs. And to be painfully honest, said designs aren't cool enough to carry this kind of pricetag.
>>
>>4538063
I was in exactly the same boat as you until I caved in and bought a couple of them anyway. Now I'm hooked. Worth the high pricetag, and the vehicles are a lot heftier and feel more sturdy than any 3A or HT that I own.
>>
>>4538063
Yeah this shit is super pricey.
Far to expensive to buy them on passing interest alone.

That said, I love them and just pre-ordered the first of Buck's shitters and I can't wait for Bob.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.